• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Long

Banned
JoeFu said:
I haven't even beat the original Half Life yet.
I did that years ago. :)

I haven't finished Half-Life 2, though. Mainly because I was never interested in Steam until the release of The Orange Box. The platform is a lot more mature than it was back when HL2 was new and it's fine to use it now.

I did finish Portal in one night, and plan to play through all of HL2 including the newer Episodes sometime before the end of the year... if I can ever pull myself away from Team Fortress 2 and WoW.

JoeFu

Banned
I was playing portal in my class today.

So awesome.

Maybe I should try to get though Half Life in one of my classes.

Icy

Banned
keiichi said:
Awesome. Should we just list our names in the Steam ID thread or modify our names to include [NeoGaf]

the reserved system isn't place. Basically once it is, anyone who wants on it, would need to PM me your Steam ID name so I can look up the ID # and add you on.

Hammer said:
Thats the best news I have heard all day!

I keep hearing about you guys playing on the Gaf servers, but does anyone play together on the console version? I'd love to get some friendly games going!

Im game. GT=Zen Warrior24 (pacific time). Usually on from 6pm-9pm. I've played a few matches with some gaffers, but the lag was pretty bad. Glad to hear a patch is coming. Any word on new maps/game modes?

YakiSOBA

sucks for my roomate, it turns out his video card just isnt good enough to run the game.. integrated intel 965 chipset on his laptop :S he sees me play all day and he's tried it a few times on my computer.. feel sorry for the guy haha, what a tease :(

Icy

Banned
Masta_Killah said:
Im game. GT=Zen Warrior24 (pacific time). Usually on from 6pm-9pm. I've played a few matches with some gaffers, but the lag was pretty bad. Glad to hear a patch is coming. Any word on new maps/game modes?

PC will see new maps and modes before Xbox will due to MS's certification process. Not anytime soon yet.. but we'll see King of the Hill and Hunted play types,

Icy said:
PC will see new maps and modes before Xbox will due to MS's certification process. Not anytime soon yet.. but we'll see King of the Hill and Hunted play types,

Will they be all team based, or will they create some 1v1 dm maps/modes? Im hoping that if the ps3 gets some of these mods(if they do) that pc users get, that it'll trickle down to the 360 for free.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Masta_Killah said:
Will they be all team based, or will they create some 1v1 dm maps/modes? Im hoping that if the ps3 gets some of these mods(if they do) that pc users get, that it'll trickle down to the 360 for free.
It's called Team Fortress for a reason...

YakiSOBA said:
sucks for my roomate, it turns out his video card just isnt good enough to run the game.. integrated intel 965 chipset on his laptop :S he sees me play all day and he's tried it a few times on my computer.. feel sorry for the guy haha, what a tease :(
There is apparently a Direct x8.0 hack you can do to make it run better on computers with older video cards. My friend got it to work on a laptop that before couldn't properly run the game.

Cheeto, no time to play Episode 2. TF2 needs you.

Icy

Banned
Masta_Killah said:

on the 360 you will see official modes/maps/mods/etc from Valve due to MS's control.

PS3 should be able to run the mods developed for the PC version, as well as maps. Sony really doesn't care. But we won't know for sure until its released.

The old TF 1.5 had a soldier map/mod for just solider duels. But you won't see that on the 360.

Icy

Banned
JoeFu said:
We need some fist only maps.

Well thats not map controlled. Thats server controlled. The guy who makes my admin mod is working on that as well.

Everything from invisible models (weapons only seen) to class only rounds and other stuff. :D

JoeFu

Banned
Icy said:
Well thats not map controlled. Thats server controlled. The guy who makes my admin mod is working on that as well.

Everything from invisible models (weapons only seen) to class only rounds and other stuff. :D
I know, I was saying maps that are made for fist fights, like a 10x10 room full of heavies. That would be awesome.

1-D_FTW

I tried getting in a game with JoeFu, but you'd just left when I joined.

Was just playing a game on granary and I wanted to strangle the medic. We've captured CP 4 and I'm literally down to 1 health point. So I'm running behind this dude screaming medic and a couple of times I run right through his path. So he starts following his soldier up the stairs (and again, the area's been cleaned out) and I start shooting rockets at him. The splash damage finally killed me. Duh! WTF.

JoeFu

Banned
Haha, I was feeling hungry.

Anyways, when is everybody going to get on?

I'm tired of playing with random people who don't use their mics.

I finally got around to giving the spy a proper go. damn it's fun 14kills without dying (7 in each round) 52points in one round, amazed how simple it can be to get behind everyone. heavy weapon guys and their medic friends are tasty.

I was just looking through my screenshots and I found this, I present to you the puyo effect :

tc_hydro0004.jpg

This one's pretty cool too;

ctf_2fort0031.jpg

Anyone know how it's done?

PillowKnight said:
I was just looking through my screenshots and I found this, I present to you the puyo effect :

tc_hydro0004.jpg
Uggh I'm always the first one to die. My K/D Ratio is atrocious so I'm always gonna be ranked low. The only thing I'm proud of is more kill assists and ubercharge deployment than you Pillow :lol

Icy said:
who said that>?

Some random kid, I didn't recognize him.

If you don't know where I mean it's inside the shack at A, you can nade/rocket jump up onto a little lip near the top. The dude was spinning around trying to figure out where I was shooting him from.

Javaman

omgimaninja said:
There is apparently a Direct x8.0 hack you can do to make it run better on computers with older video cards. My friend got it to work on a laptop that before couldn't properly run the game.

Cheeto, no time to play Episode 2. TF2 needs you.

Someone mentioned it (thanks Campster!) in the portal thread and it has enormously reduced the number of crashes/reboots I've been getting after one of the official patches. (The anti-block of door one I think)

Just right click on the game, click "properties", click "set launch options" and type -dxlevel 80. You can confirm that it took effect in the advanced video properties in game. Also I've noticed that the advanced video settings keep moving back to the recommended which are much too high for my system. He may want to double check those before launching a map. Is his crashing at the end of the map loading?

keiichi

1-D_FTW said:
I tried getting in a game with JoeFu, but you'd just left when I joined.

Was just playing a game on granary and I wanted to strangle the medic. We've captured CP 4 and I'm literally down to 1 health point. So I'm running behind this dude screaming medic and a couple of times I run right through his path. So he starts following his soldier up the stairs (and again, the area's been cleaned out) and I start shooting rockets at him. The splash damage finally killed me. Duh! WTF.

I really hope that wasn't me, if so .. sorry :/

Jacobi

Banned
Icy said:
Damn. They don't make them in ultra fat bastard size. Guess I'll have to go on that weightloss program now to wear their shirts.
What, 3XL isn't enough?

I like the pyro shirt. But it don't liek the TF2 logo on the back...

1-D_FTW

That was a fun game I just had against Hitokage. Awesome medic trailing me a lot on that level too.

But the overtime victory was kind of cheap. We had Hitokage's team beaten, and their lone remaining fatty got behind a locked area and we had to dick around for a minute before he was finally killed.

keiichi said:
I really hope that wasn't me, if so .. sorry :/

Just venting. I'm not sure who it was. Besides, I've screwed a medic a couple of times, too. Karmic justice.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
My team was clearly outclassed. Most of the blue team had 50-70 points while everyone on my team but me was no higher than the mid 40s. I had 60 something points by the time I left.

Died a lot more than I normally do now. :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hammer said:
Oh it's there all right. I was just using the "Online / Matchup Forum" to try to find some online matches. Silly me. =P
...which is what you'd be doing if you followed his advice. :p

1-D_FTW

Hitokage said:
My team was clearly outclassed. Most of the blue team had 50-70 points while everyone on my team but me was no higher than the mid 40s. I had 60 something points by the time I left.

Died a lot more than I normally do now. :(

I think you inherited some of my teammates from the previous map. Just was there for the end of it. But we were doing fairly well. We had fairly decent control of the center CP on granary. Then the phone rang and I came back two minutes later and you guys had captured it and built 2 or 3 sentries in the area. I couldn't believe what a fortress it'd become in 2 minutes.

Hammer

Hitokage said:
...which is what you'd be doing if you followed his advice. :p

So am I to understand this is the Online matchup thread, but only for the steam version?

Sorry, but I don't see what your getting at here. We use the Halo matchup thread quite often to see whats up for the evening, as not everyone has tons of room on their friends lists for all the Gafers playing (3/4 of my friends list is co-workers and friends). My fault for assuming the same applied here.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh Granary. I thought you meant Well... in which the only thing we managed to do was not let the final point get taken. Yeah we managed to push back, but then the rest of the team decided they'd play not-to-lose on the center cap point. :(

Hammer: This thread is PC-centric, yes.

Hammer

PC-Centric, or PC-Specific?

If it is centric as you state, I feel my post was in good taste.
And yes, I did notice the heavy PC vibe... how could I not. However, this was a multi platform release, and I saw no differentiation in the title.

Sorry, I really don't mean to come off as an ass. I just like to know why I'm being chastised. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom