• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:
Icy any chance on putting the TFC Ashanti (?) map into rotation again? I think that was the best of the custom maps we have played so far.

Its on the server but not in rotation. There's a much newer version out that I have not downloaded yet.

JoeFu

Banned
Which was the CTF map with the suitcase in the rocks and there was a side passage through a cave?
Is it the one Puyo is talking about? Because that map was awesome.

Icy

Banned
JoeFu said:
Which was the CTF map with the suitcase in the rocks and there was a side passage through a cave?
Is it the one Puyo is talking about? Because that map was awesome.

No. thats CTF_Stronghold

He's talking about cp_avantiville

JoeFu

Banned
Icy said:
No. thats CTF_Stronghold

He's talking about cp_avantiville

Ah, that one was pretty fun too.

The one that wasn't finished yet right?

Like that block hole in the ground that was supposed to be water.

Icy said:
The official OrangeBox SDK will be out in about 3 months time. Once its released
All of the original HL2 games (Counter Strike, DOD , etC) will be ported over to the new Orange Box engine (Source 2007 engine) and all mods will need to be udpated to the new format.

O_O

I was hoping for like a week or two. Maybe they'll get a beta version out sooner.

Icy

Banned
Confidence Man said:
O_O

I was hoping for like a week or two. Maybe they'll get a beta version out sooner.

They've already said no to an official beta release. basically ebcause lets say You make aMOD and then boom then change a buncha shit.. yeah its broke.

Icy

Banned
goto the hl2world.com forums. And click on their mapping forum.. You'll get alot of help over there. There's a whole thread dedicated to it.

Daigoro

Icy said:
NeoGAF Server #1 is now NeoGAF only. Password protected :)

whoo! cool. see you guys tonight.

omgimaninja said:
Storyteller's k/d = 0.61
Mine = 0.21 you can't complain yet :p

0.18 for me. though i only have 2:30 logged in on the new(ish) servers.

unfortunate, because i placed first and second evey game the other night in points but the server stats do not reflect being a good medic.

i enjoy being a medic (im good at it), but i would like to get a few frags in every once in a while too. but i feel guilty when there arent enough medics on my team, so i usually end up being the healer.

is there a way to give medics more weight in the server standings?

meh, i guess it dosent really matter. its still fun either way.

Icy

Banned
Doytch said:
Can I still have the new announcer if I don't download anything?

Not sure to be honest. Its on the servers.. so if its able to, it should auto download it.. if not you'll have to download it from the link. Thats Why I made the link public :)

Daigoro said:
0.18 for me. though i only have 2:30 logged in on the new(ish) servers.

unfortunate, because i placed first and second evey game the other night in points but the server stats do not reflect being a good medic.
Yeah, but without a good medic there's not a good chance your team will win the matches.
You're teammates will appreciate you more than the stats will show.

Doytch

Icy said:
Not sure to be honest. Its on the servers.. so if its able to, it should auto download it.. if not you'll have to download it from the link. Thats Why I made the link public :)

Eh, I meant new as in TF2 new. Not really a fan of the TFC announcer. I guess it sounds like no though :(

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Anyone wants to play on server #1?
I get around 300 ping on server #2 and server #1 is empty so yeah..
Also feel free to add me to your friends list (kimigreen is the name).

Icy

Banned
KimiSan said:
Anyone wants to play on server #1?
I get around 300 ping on server #2 and server #1 is empty so yeah..
Also feel free to add me to your friends list (kimigreen is the name).

Please someone save Kimi from his/her boredom.

aeolist

Banned
I joined one of these servers the other day just by accident and ended up having a blast. Added it to my favorites and played a truly awesome game today.

omgimaninja said:
Uggh I'm always the first one to die. My K/D Ratio is atrocious so I'm always gonna be ranked low. The only thing I'm proud of is more kill assists and ubercharge deployment than you Pillow :lol
:lol Which should be expected I learned to play medic from watching you, im still nowhere near your skill with the class though.

And yes, support classes are terrible in the rankings, medics don't get points for healing, engineers dont get points for teleporters or healing. Ranking medics and engineers on their ability to get kills and kill assists is pretty silly. I'm sure puyo would easily be in the top ten if medics did get points for healing people.

aeolist

Banned
PillowKnight said:
:lol Which should be expected I learned to play medic from watching you, im still nowhere near your skill with the class though.

And yes, support classes are terrible in the rankings, medics don't get points for healing, engineers dont get points for teleporters or healing. Ranking medics and engineers on their ability to get kills and kill assists is pretty silly. I'm sure puyo would easily be in the top ten if medics did get points for healing people.
That's bullshit, medics do get points for healing. I was on server 2 as a medic not an hour ago and I was the top ranked player thanks to that and all my kill assists.

1-D_FTW

What's the deal with auto-balance? Were in a full server, it's a evenly matched game and I get kicked to the other team with 60 seconds remaining? Why? Now I remember why I hate auto-balance so much.

I think 95% of my deaths to that point were from snipers. So I guess it's not just Warcock who's my kryptonite, it's snipers in general.

aeolist said:
That's bullshit, medics do get points for healing. I was on server 2 as a medic not an hour ago and I was the top ranked player thanks to that and all my kill assists.

He's not talking about Steam's points, he's talking about Icy's stat page.

EDIT: Which is the huge flaw if Icy ever decides to auto-balance based on skill. You can't have a skill based auto-balance when the most important class for team success is unaccounted for.

The CPU is gonna assign two awful soldiers to one team and two awesome medics to another (cause the CPU will seem them as equally awful players.) And then when the good team starts dominating, it's gonna be autobalancing left and right. It's just gonna be continuously random because it's unable to account for what skill is.

I need to start previewing my posts for errors.

Daigoro

omgimaninja said:
Yeah, but without a good medic there's not a good chance your team will win the matches.
You're teammates will appreciate you more than the stats will show.

exactly. thats why i said to nevermind my bitching. its still a blast either way. :)

aeolist said:

lurn two reid?

Icy

Banned
aeolist said:

In game ranking has NOTHING to do with HLStats

Whole seperate system.

The CPU is as vital to the game as the graphics card. You've reached the limit on your CPU, so now it's got to calculate tons of crap when a bunch of players are on screen. Upgrade and you should be OK. I presume the 6600 GT is AGP, you can still get new boards with AGP to save the card - but the CPU's gotta go.

CPU needs to go. It does the calculations for the player data and physics,etc,etc.

Thanks a lot guys -- I really appreciate the input.

I'm going to look into some solutions.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For some reason i want to make a WoW WSG map for TF2 :lol

Also decided to load up the console and type in net_graph 1 to see my stats while playing. I can't believe its running at 20fps + , it feels alot smoother than that low ass fps. I really need to get a new pc!

Icy

Banned
Sanjay said:
any one pld this map yet, cp_warpath_b3.

has loads of choke points and you have to use all classes, forcing teamwork to capture points

http://www.team-fun.net/index.php?p=downloads

the map is a remake of a classic map. it will not work on NON PWNSHOP servers. The official map running on the server is fine, but the version that downloads onto the client for a file is gimped. They will not release it until its finished.

Big-E

Fuck I can't connect to Steam for some reason. Anyone else having this problem? I was fine yesterday but I booted up today and can't connect. Deleted the client registry and it did update but when I try to login it says I can't connect.

1-D_FTW

Good games, tonight.

Was just gonna rejoin, but I figured I'd spectate the GAF all-star team for a couple minutes before joining. But then it wouldn't let me exit spectator mode.

Never spectated before, but I was torn on which team to join. The team that was dominating, or Crooked Rain's team. Was initially gonna rack up points on the winning team, but then I figured I'd fight the noble fight with Crooked.

But I was locked out. And when I rejoined, it was full. So I'm done for the night. Hope you kicked some ass Crooked Rain.

Icy

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Good games, tonight.

Was just gonna rejoin, but I figured I'd spectate the GAF all-star team for a couple minutes before joining. But then it wouldn't let me exit spectator mode.

Never spectated before, but I was torn on which team to join. The team that was dominating, or Crooked Rain's team. Was initially gonna rack up points on the winning team, but then I figured I'd fight the noble fight with Crooked.

But I was locked out. And when I rejoined, it was full. So I'm done for the night. Hope you kicked some ass Crooked Rain.

spectating is turned off.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fun games tonight. Seemed there was some sort of crazy lag issue that appeared with the king of the hill map. 500ms ping is not good. It did drop back to normal about 5 mins later, untill shit hit the fan with TF2 for some random reason.

Will have to rejoin later and tomorrow.

Joe Molotov

Icy, that Avanti map is broken. Once the defending team digs in with Engineers and Demomen, it is literally impossible to dig them out. It's just an endless stream of grenades and machine gun fire all focused in one area. Even if you charged the choke point with 4 Ubered Demomen or Heavies, I'm not sure if you could break through. It needs a few more entrances into that last area.

Icy

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
Icy, that Avanti map is broken. Once the defending team digs in with Engineers and Demomen, it is literally impossible to dig them out. It's just an endless stream of grenades and machine gun fire all focused in one area. Even if you charged the choke point with 4 Ubered Demomen or Heavies, I'm not sure if you could break through. It needs a few more entrances into that last area.

Its a recreation of the original and its fairly faithful. :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If Teknopathetic would stop whining for once he'd notice that others are actually learning how to play demomen effectively and they're a royal pain in the ass.

Hitokage said:
If Teknopathetic would stop whining for once he'd notice that others are actually learning how to play demomen effectively and they're a royal pain in the ass.

I hate demomen.

as someone who plays engineer quite a bit, I learned to hate spies, but they are not nearly as annoying as a demoman.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Joe Molotov said:
Well, I was playing that map and you wouldn't know as my attacking team somehow thought it was a bright idea to have 3-4 snipers. I don't understand people at all sometimes. Do NOT pick a sniper (and 1 eng at most) on an offensive team!

Seriously, the best strategy I can think of for Avanti is to have the offensive team go all spy and just confuse the hell out of the other team.

Good times today.

1-D_FTW said:
Good games, tonight.

What name do you use in-game?

"If Teknopathetic would stop whining for once he'd notice that others are actually learning how to play demomen effectively and they're a royal pain in the ass."

Coping with a garbage class does not make it any less garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom