• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Banned
Lhadatt said:
ICY: If I expedite monies, will you remove Castle from the rotation?

It's a sniper-fest. On one of the stages, the weenie snipers would hide on the blue ramp down out of their spawn, just inside the garage door. Anyone approaching from any angle they could see would get picked off.

Apart from that, it's just too freaking big. It feels like I'm taking a cross-country trek to get anywhere.

:D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol

Jupiter

Lhadatt said:

It's a sniper-fest. On one of the stages, the weenie snipers would hide on the blue ramp down out of their spawn, just inside the garage door. Anyone approaching from any angle they could see would get picked off.

Apart from that, it's just too freaking big. It feels like I'm taking a cross-country trek to get anywhere.

yeah, goddamned snipers.

Icy

Banned
Forgot to tell ya, Spectate is on again due to that bug people would get stuck in it. And if you're in spectate for more than 60 minutes and not an admin, it'll boot ya.

artist

Banned
Icy said:
POwerhouse is another CS Map.. CS and DoD Maps just don't work.
Just dont work in the sense, not fun? Or they dont work in the sense you have to make that map for TF2 from scratch?

Oh and its very easy to get back at the snipers in Castle. Just be a spy, I know because thats what I did ;) Once you drive the snipers back and your team pushes forward, you can switch to other classes.

Icy

Banned
irfan said:
Just dont work in the sense, not fun? Or they dont work in the sense you have to make that map for TF2 from scratch?

Oh and its very easy to get back at the snipers in Castle. Just be a spy, I know because thats what I did ;) Once you drive the snipers back and your team pushes forward, you can switch to other classes.

Not fun and not designed for the TF2 classes. They're developed for hide and seek Death match style game play.

Not team based gameplay with classes. With weapons that make use of horizontal and vertical play styles. Especially the closed areas where splash dmg can really hurt everyone.

Lhadatt

Icy said:
:D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol :D :lol
Typical. :D The donation bit was a joke, but I'm not kidding about the problems on Castle. I hate that part of the map. The sniper weenies hide like cowards.

The day of my vengeance shall come, sniper weenies! And you shall rue it!

Lhadatt said:

If you know where they are, why don't you fire something at them? And if you know where they're standing all the time, you should know where they can and can't see you.

artist

Banned
Icy said:
Not fun and not designed for the TF2 classes. They're developed for hide and seek Death match style game play.

Not team based gameplay with classes. With weapons that make use of horizontal and vertical play styles. Especially the closed areas where splash dmg can really hurt everyone.
Now that you put it that way, makes sense. :|

Icy

Banned
New Update: New Beta Hammer SDK and such will be out next week or so.

As for the SDK with all of the code updates,etc another month away.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
KimiSan said:
I'd join but there's a 150 ping limit now and it keeps kicking me out so I'm gonna have to wait a while it seems.

Eh there's a 150 ping limit on the servers now? meh there goes my gaf TF2 playtime.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
evlcookie said:
Eh there's a 150 ping limit on the servers now? meh there goes my gaf TF2 playtime.
It's removed now, nothing to worry about.
Also a couple of great games just now, I had probably my best round ever (around 50 points) in one of the rounds, shame that after that round I could only get like 15 more points or something.
Damn you Iadien!

1-D_FTW

I wasn't disconnected. I just quit cause I didn't like what I was seeing.

EDIT: I must have just joined after everyone was kicked and the server started back from zero. Maybe I'll rejoin.

WhatRuOn said:
I must be doing something wrong, because I get a bunch of garbage when I do that.
Same here, i have to search for the textures individually.

Oh yeah, and the map looks great, cant wait to start playing on it.

Lhadatt said:
I think every custom map I've played has felt way too big. And the rounds on Castle are pretty damn long. 20 minutes is the time limit, right? Bit much I think.

Icy

Banned
Rummy Bunnz said:
I think every custom map I've played has felt way too big. And the rounds on Castle are pretty damn long. 20 minutes is the time limit, right? Bit much I think.

40 minutes.

Well That was fun, but I must stop playing on account of my eyes hurting.

I feel so inadequate when Puyo is on the same team as me and we are both medics. :(
When we were on different teams though, we were both at the top of the board most of the time. Medic Power!

Holy shit. I just got a new videocard, and now TF2 looks insane. Set all the way up, framerate is smooth as silk.

Want to see TF2 in all its intended glory, at a beautiful resolution and proof of astounding smoothness?

Click here, my friends, and behold the glory of my pimped-out rig.

Don't be jealous.

:lol

Icy

Banned
On their next map rotation, all servers should advertise per their location.

[NeoGAF] US EAST, WEST, CENTRAL

and all 3 are full. Happy Happy Day :D

Icy

Banned
granary01.png

Yeb enjoying his kill :(

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
:D

icyH.jpg

Nothing impressive (from me that is - my teammates rock as always :D), but a couple crazy games on Well and Warpath 2nite:

Us blusers kept pushing Red back to their first point but they got us twice in sudden death. :\

well1022.jpg

Crazy warpath times with Puyo and co...

warpth1022.jpg

Had some insane games on Granary and Dustbowl as well, but forgot to capture.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Yes, it is quite impressive. I can tell you're all green with envy.

More pictures from my incredible setup. Leave your mind at the door, because it's about to be blown.

robinhoodislookinggood.jpg

cp_granary0067.jpg

cp_granary0068.jpg

cp_granary0069.jpg

cp_granary0072.jpg

cp_granary0078.jpg

cp_granary0085.jpg

cp_granary0095.jpg

cp_granary0096.jpg

cp_granary0100.jpg

cp_granary0103.jpg

cp_granary0110.jpg

cp_granary0111.jpg

Suck it down, biznatches.

Javaman

Holy smokes crushed, that's hilarious in a horrendous way. :lol

Last night's Warpath was just crazy. Check out this buildup just outside the red's last cap point. They held it for over 5 minutes and managed to bring it all the way to our blue base for the cap during the sudden death mode.

w2fwvq.jpg

bf3oea.jpg

calder

I desperately want to play TF2, but my comp is shit. :(

Now Portal runs just fine on it, very smooth and at a reasonable res, but portal's drab industrial environments and empty testings labs don't really add up to the most graphically taxing game. But is it worth it to get TF2? I don't need it to look good (I know it won't), and as long as it's approaching 30ish frames I can handle running it down to 800x600. I just want to play lol.

Oh my specs are at least a bit higher than the required specs, but I put very little faith in that. I have a 2.4ghz processor, 1gig of ram and a (sigh) geforce 9550. Laugh if you must, but tell me if I could run TF2 well enough to enjoy it based on my fairly modest standards.

Icy

Banned
calder said:
I desperately want to play TF2, but my comp is shit. :(

Now Portal runs just fine on it, very smooth and at a reasonable res, but portal's drab industrial environments and empty testings labs don't really add up to the most graphically taxing game. But is it worth it to get TF2? I don't need it to look good (I know it won't), and as long as it's approaching 30ish frames I can handle running it down to 800x600. I just want to play lol.

Oh my specs are at least a bit higher than the required specs, but I put very little faith in that. I have a 2.4ghz processor, 1gig of ram and a (sigh) geforce 9550. Laugh if you must, but tell me if I could run TF2 well enough to enjoy it based on my fairly modest standards.

if you can run portal you should be able to run even TF2 at its lowest settings no problem.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
calder said:

AMD 2500+ , 1gb ram, 128mb Radeon 9700 and i run TF2 at 1024x768 all on low settings. Average FPS is about 25+ , 60 when nothings going on, might drop to 20 and a bit below when shit hits the fan.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Figured I'd post this-

I thought I'd take a stab at http://www.totalgamingleague.com/roughneck

It's a $5000 TF2 tournament

102 teams signed up right now, random seeds, etc.

Thought it might be fun. I have a team set up and a couple of people interested, but I think it'd be fun to go at it full bore. Tre` has signed up and I was curious if maybe a few more GAFfers who are serious about TF2 and talented would like to sign up and compete with us.

If you're interested, send me a PM.

Icy

Banned
Zanboo said:
Figured I'd post this-

I thought I'd take a stab at http://www.totalgamingleague.com/roughneck

It's a $5000 TF2 tournament

102 teams signed up right now, random seeds, etc.

Thought it might be fun. I have a team set up and a couple of people interested, but I think it'd be fun to go at it full bore. Tre` has signed up and I was curious if maybe a few more GAFfers who are serious about TF2 and talented would like to sign up and compete with us.

If you're interested, send me a PM.

I'm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom