• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

WhatRuOn said:
awesome, thanks.

Had a good killcam tonight.
half-shaftislookinggood.jpg

That's almost worthy of being a wallpaper. I love it.

140.85 said:
Lots of crazy times tonite on granary, gravel pit, dustbowl and well. Many thanks the medics! :D Why'd you leave so early Puyo?
I promised to meet some friends at BW3 for cheap wings :) Plus I was really sucking at playing last night and got frustrated lol.

I don't understand how the voting system works. After every vote it usually reverts back to a level we just played (hydro, 2fort, etc). Why doesn't the map with the most votes win? Is there a minimum vote count?

Icy

Banned
omgimaninja said:
I promised to meet some friends at BW3 for cheap wings :) Plus I was really sucking at playing last night and got frustrated lol.

I don't understand how the voting system works. After every vote it usually reverts back to a level we just played (hydro, 2fort, etc). Why doesn't the map with the most votes win? Is there a minimum vote count?

there's a mininum win of 35%, otherwise it'll follow the rotation. Some people may have voted on the same map to continue.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
I'm having trouble making a TF2-compatible spray. When I try to load up a properly-sized JPG or TGA, it tells me that it's unable to load vtex.dll.

Do I have to use a VTF? I'm sorry to admit that I don't know how to make one.

Jacobi

Banned
I'm having trouble making a TF2-compatible spray. When I try to load up a properly-sized JPG or TGA, it tells me that it's unable to load vtex.dll.

Do I have to use a VTF? I'm sorry to admit that I don't know how to make one.
thats also my problem

Icy

Banned
Jacobi said:
thats also my problem

SPrays are not enabledfor TF2 clients yet. Basically load up CS: Source, import your spray. Then go into your CS: Source directory and copy the data files over to the appropriate directory for TF2 and you should be cool.

Icy

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Nevermind. That system has just as many flaws. You could get stuck in a two map loop.

not really. if people are having fun and decide to vote on the same map.. so be it.

Icy said:
there's a mininum win of 35%, otherwise it'll follow the rotation. Some people may have voted on the same map to continue.
I don't think that's what he's talking about. I think what happens sometimes is that you'll be playing say cp_granary and no map will win the vote but the next map ends up being cp_dustbowl even though you just played it before cp_granary. I could have sworn something similar happened to me last night.

Icy

Banned
ANYONE WHO DONATED VIA PAYPAL

PayPal has reversed all of my payments to HLStats, Previous Game Server hosts,etc and refunded my bank accounts,etc. However they will not give me access or allow me to
refund anyone who made donations.

Please contact PayPal or escalate a problem with the transaction so that you can get your money back.

Icy

Banned
CrookedRain said:
I don't think that's what he's talking about. I think what happens sometimes is that you'll be playing say cp_granary and no map will win the vote but the next map ends up being cp_dustbowl even though you just played it before cp_granary. I could have sworn something similar happened to me last night.

well it'll follow the map rotation regardless.

lets see the rotation is..

Dustbowl, Granary, Gravelpit. Granary just finished and Dustbowl won the vote.

After dustbowl is complete, vote is back on and no map wins.., it;'ll goto Granary following the rotation.

1-D_FTW

Icy said:
not really. if people are having fun and decide to vote on the same map.. so be it.

I did a quick edit and left more info than I should have.

My original post was asking if you could have branching votes. The next scheduled map or. Like if 2Fort is the next scheduled map, then the vote is 2Fort or ________. If Granary is next, Granary or _______. So that there's always an alternative to the scheduled map rotation and it has a real chance of winning. But there's flaws in that method too when I think about it. So I think the broken method of nothing winning is better.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I loved what was in place on one CS:S server that was 24/7 Office I think. Voting was enabled and the prompt was:

Will cs_office be the next map?
1. Yes
2. No

*Everyone votes No*

"Voting has finished. cs_office will be the next map."

artist

Banned
I'm beginning to get tired of 2Fort ..

Hitokage said:
I loved what was in place on one CS:S server that was 24/7 Office I think. Voting was enabled and the prompt was:

Will cs_office be the next map?
1. Yes
2. No

*Everyone votes No*

"Voting has finished. cs_office will be the next map."
Gold! :lol

Icy

Banned
1) Download VTFedit here: http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=41

2) With VTFedit, Import your own .JPG,.BMP, etc... and convert it to a .VTF file (Valve Texture File)

3) Now place the .VTF file to this exact location (you'll probably have to create some folder manually but it shows exactly like this):

<your dir>\Steam\steamapps\<your username>\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos

4) To fixe the quickview appearing blank copy the same .VTF also here (you'll probably have to create the UI folder manually but it shows exactly like this):

<your dir>\Steam\steamapps\<your username>\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos\UI

5) Ingame, go to the options and click import the spray and browse for it in the \logos folder (not the UI folder!) and validate. (this will create a VMT file near your VTF)

Remember the hight and width of your pictures must match theses pixel sizes only (16, 32, 64,128 or 256)

To resume, your .VTF must reside in the last \logos and also \UI folder where you copied it manually, then don't forget to do the step 5), the spray now appear correctly in the list.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
bishoptl said:
Well you may see my medic running about, get a shot then. :p
That would break the illusion.

I'm trying to intimidate the opposition with my new spray. As we move forward on offense, I place it on walls of newly captured points, so that our foes see the beast slowly advancing towards them, opening its maw. On defense, it guards the points, terrifying away all enemies or destroying them with its power. Sometimes, I place it at wall leading from the spawn point, so that my teammates will be inspired by its majesty, or terrified by the thought of failing such a mighty creature.

fp3sbr.jpg

We all know what the "B" stands for.

s1kweq.jpg

Though the enemy eventually captured this point, I noted that they had to divert their eyes from the terrible sight to avoid being struck down by its power.

f9ifwj.jpg

An intrigued teammate is awestruck by the visage.

2hwftxu.jpg

Out of fear of its wrath, he wisely decides to leave quickly to avoid seeming irreverent.

And finally, the most dramatic example of its burning eyes striking into the heart of the adversary.

14mgzyc.jpg

Behold, the foolish foe. He aims his minigun with glee, paying no heed to the great guardian adorning our temple.

He fired at the window above the Great One's head... not one minigun bullet hit the face, but the wall surrounding it was pockmarked with holes; as though the Great One's incredible power had simply pushed them aside.

But a desecration had still occurred. And the transgression had to be punished.

In an instant, its fury was unleashed, from out of nowhere.

1zp0d95.jpg

Note the smile about his face. It is because, in its final moment of complete and utter annihilation, his soul saw the face of God.

Remy

I started throwing up sprays last night as well, but I don't think anyone noticed. Sam & Max fans will hopefully catch it, though.

Guess I'll bounce over to Windows and fire things up.

The map cycle definitely gets messed up. At the end of cp_dustbowl, no map won the vote so it said cp_granary was next but instead it changed to tc_hydro.

Icy

Banned
CrookedRain said:
The map cycle definitely gets messed up. At the end of cp_dustbowl, no map won the vote so it said cp_granary was next but instead it changed to tc_hydro.

thats actually a ded server issue with valve. It doesn't rotate to the map it says its going to, but does follow the rotation in the map cycle file correctly. Just doesn't report on screen correctly.

What? The next map really was tc_hydro after cp_dustbowl. Unless you really changed the map cycle up, it didn't follow the map cycle correctly.

Icy

Banned
CrookedRain said:
What? The next map really was tc_hydro after cp_dustbowl. Unless you really changed the map cycle up, it didn't follow the map cycle correctly.

I don't use the default map cycle. Its completely up to the server admin what cycle it goes.

JoeFu said:
I will play tonight.

I just got Phoenix Wright and Zack and Wiki, but I will make time for TF2.
Ugh I'm in the same boat as you Joe. The new games are tempting to drag me away from TF2 but I won't let them :)

Cheeto

omgimaninja said:
Ugh I'm in the same boat as you Joe. The new games are tempting to drag me away from TF2 but I won't let them :)
I've had WiC for about a week now, and I've only put 20 minutes into it tops... :(

Dave Long

Banned
Sorry I've been away from it for awhile. I got sucked back into World of Warcraft. I'm trying to get through the Dark Portal since I've had the Burning Crusade expansion since it came out and still haven't hit 60. I'm at 54 and closing in on it, but I'm going to take a TF2 break again soon.

Icy

Banned
Dave Long said:
Sorry I've been away from it for awhile. I got sucked back into World of Warcraft. I'm trying to get through the Dark Portal since I've had the Burning Crusade expansion since it came out and still haven't hit 60. I'm at 54 and closing in on it, but I'm going to take a TF2 break again soon.

PM your username and password. I'll bot you while you do your TF2 :lol :lol

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
WhatRuOn said:
I've had WiC for about a week now, and I've only put 20 minutes into it tops... :(
:lol I think I went through a little bit less than halfway through. And I just got into the Mythos beta and I've been playing that too. And I want to pick up Zack & Wiki and Front Mission.

We should definitely start scheduling a day to play now.

Icy

Banned
fallengorn said:
:lol I think I went through a little bit less than halfway through. And I just got into the Mythos beta and I've been playing that too. And I want to pick up Zack & Wiki and Front Mission.

We should definitely start scheduling a day to play now.

everyday. Return all that trash.. :D

JoeFu

Banned
Don't worry Icy.

I just haven't played much because the usuals aren't on as much...

I get on around 7 and only like 2 or 3 guys from neogaf are on.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Been latching onto Pyro lately. Excellent in narrow hallways and if you can light up a few people in the open, switch to the shotgun and lay a shot or two to help with the burn process. Most people seem to shit themselves if they are on fire.

Icy

Banned
speedpop said:
Been latching onto Pyro lately. Excellent in narrow hallways and if you can light up a few people in the open, switch to the shotgun and lay a shot or two to help with the burn process. Most people seem to shit themselves if they are on fire.

bitches need to learn to stop, drop and die.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
speedpop said:
Pyro and Heavy seem to be the only two classes where people don't IMMEDIATELY start running the fuck away when they see the flames coming towards them.

I remember this one match on ctf_respect-b4, I had grabbed the intelligence and was running out, and suddenly five guys or six guys, all of different classes, jumped me from all directions, surrounding me in a narrow corner that constricted movement on all sides.

Do not corner a Pyro, especially if you end up cornering yourself. Yeah, I died, but I took every single one of those guys out in a bonfire of players. After I was finally dead, and half of their team lay burning in a hallway, one of the victims actually came on the mic and said, "Goddamn, Crushed." :lol

I believe it happened several more times on that map, especially when I had a good medic backing me up.

calder

Ok I'm picking this up tonight. How big is the download? I should have started it this morning but I was late getting ready for work.

Also, please be gentle. I'll throw "noob" in my name so everyone knows to not shoot me right away and try to jump in front of my bullets as much as possible, at least for the first few weeks.

Icy

Banned
calder said:
Ok I'm picking this up tonight. How big is the download? I should have started it this morning but I was late getting ready for work.

Also, please be gentle. I'll throw "noob" in my name so everyone knows to not shoot me right away and try to jump in front of my bullets as much as possible, at least for the first few weeks.

welcome to awesome land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom