• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeFu said:
just press print screen and go to paint, or use fraps. whatever floats your boat.

Anyways fun stuff today with B||ood and others on castle and granary, bunch of ownage from us today.
Why are you making it so hard? All you have to do is press F5.

maus

I wonder if they corrected the ability to bind f5 to other keys yet it still capture screens. I had f5 set to voice chat, which is bound to a button a my mouse; i had like 200 screenshots by the time i realized.

Icy: pmz

Crushed

Fry Daddy
jpj4b9.jpg

Kinda farther away, and the capture icon is covering some of it... but beggars can't be choosers. I now have a medic headshot!

Just need an engineer, and it will be complete.

yeb

From earlier tonight:

Dustbowl.png

I joined late, and didn't even finish in the top 3 for that round, but that was easily the best run I've ever had. It doesn't show in the stats section of the screenie, but I had nearly 8000 damage in one life (that really ought to be more than 7 assists). That's just about equal to my damage records for every other class combined, excluding the engineer. My best soldier run was in the exact same spot, too (defending the second CP on stage 2 of Dustbowl).

Sorry your score is obscured, Firestorm :p

Firestorm

Ah alright, F5.

And yeah yeb you just wouldn't stop killing me =( We had like 3 teleporters set up to get there fast. I'd die, teleport back, start supporting the heavy/pyro/demoman/soldier and boom. I get blown up by you. Happened a couple of times in a row :lol

Medic's basically my class of choice now. Pyro is my favourite offensive class. I'd like to learn Spy still.

Jacobi

Banned
There was a big steam update today, I hope te automatic minimizing usually after I see the "hello on neogaf servers-screen", is fixed now...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
*sigh* Went to a pub server to get my TF2 fix, and my connection dropped while I was setting a new high score. My team's leaders had 40-50 points in the round I joined, and I took first place in either that round or the following one. Maintained a ~20 point margin on my team's #2 and a 10-15 margin on the other team's #1 before both left the server. Without a good medic, I should add.

Took a screenshot when I thought I might not recover from the lag:

tf2highscore_zps5ce4b115.jpeg

I could have broke 200. :(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Bloody 2Fort.

Had a dreadful match of that earlier tonight. Basically Blu had set up an almost too perfect defensive position on the stairwells heading down inside their intelligence area. Demo's and Engy's with their god damn sentrys supported by a few Medics and to top it off a big fat Heavy sitting right between 3 dispensers under the staircase with a sentry beside him. The only thing that could get through this shitstorm were Spy's and as soon as they got the suitcase they were as good as dead. We had THREE teams of Heavy's with Medic's rotating to try and get rid of the shit but it was just too damn hard. I'd run in with Pyro now and again, cause a bit of mayhem but the position they set it up was too much space for them to move around and harrass us. Soldiers would get creamed soon as they stepped in the "doorway" to get a lock on to the sentrys due to the Demo bombs and that friggen gatling gun firing away 24/7.

*sobs*

That Blu team was just bollocks smiling. Ah well.

Sanjay

I just found this out recently but pressing B when as a spy will disguise you into your previous disguise. this helps loads when backstabbing someone to quickly change into a disguise.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Hitokage said:
*sigh* Went to a pub server to get my TF2 fix, and my connection dropped while I was setting a new high score. My team's leaders had 40-50 points in the round I joined, and I took first place in either that round or the following one. Maintained a ~20 point margin on my team's #2 and a 10-15 margin on the other team's #1 before both left the server. Without a good medic, I should add.

Took a screenshot when I thought I might not recover from the lag:

I could have broke 200. :([/QUOTE]

Brilliant.
But 83 kills and 0 dominations? How is that even possible? How long was the round?

Icy

Banned
140.85 said:
Brilliant.
But 83 kills and 0 dominations? How is that even possible? How long was the round?

Not in this reality. Remember Hitokage exists in a world where tre doesn't pwn his ass daily. :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
140.85 said:
Brilliant.
Not really sure, as the rounds in that dustbowl match were fairly drawn out with few quick victories. I played somewhere between half an hour and a full hour.

sharkie

Great times were had last night first started as a medic chasing peoples asses (mainly 140's) and then the next round Keichi and Tom supplied my heavy with great support, and while I'm here might as well join in with the constant scores posts with last nights match's :D

4hjmh.jpg

2uqktih.jpg

123wck9.jpg

"WE MAKE GOOD TEAM" hUGs

fallout

:lol I just had the greatest kill against TheOneGuy (Twig) on 2fort.

So, we're both scouts and I'm jumping off of the bridge onto the opposite building platform. He's jumping off that platform over the bridge. We both shoot at the same time, in mid-air and practically point-blank. We both crit each other. He falls over in the air and I land, barely alive. I really wish I had screen capped it.

Twig

Banned
fallout said:
:lol I just had the greatest kill against TheOneGuy (Twig) on 2fort.

So, we're both scouts and I'm jumping off of the bridge onto the opposite building platform. He's jumping off that platform over the bridge. We both shoot at the same time, in mid-air and practically point-blank. We both crit each other. He falls over in the air and I land, barely alive. I really wish I had screen capped it.
You bastard! I think I might've cried a little.

But that's okay, I won with a shutout. Only my second time doing it on 2fort. I'm happy.

God I really really really hate turrets in the int rooms on that map. TWO TURRETS. INT ROOM. It should be illegal.

Also I suck as a spy.

Firestorm said:
Pft, people complaining about lag.
*pic*
That's right, NULLNAME and NULLNAME killed NULLNAME =(
I get that all the time. Even when i play on aussie servers. For some reason it drops dead bodies wherever each player is standing as well. A few times the lag has made everyone invisible, and it has even turned my whole team into red scouts... when i was on the blue team. :(

Firestorm

Spotless Mind said:
I get that all the time. Even when i play on aussie servers. For some reason it drops dead bodies wherever each player is standing as well. A few times the lag has made everyone invisible, and it has even turned my whole team into red scouts... when i was on the blue team. :(

Is that what happened. I was at school playing with a bunch of people in our games room. My medic friend was healing me, we all lagged horribly and then a dead body flew down (we were near the intel on 2fort). We were wondering where it had come from and thought someone was nearby :lol

fallout

Bleeeh. 2fort is a such a crapshoot. If you get people that actually want to win, it's fun. Then you get guys saying: "I'd rather sit around and kill people than play 2 minute games.", and it seems like the majority of people just play like that.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
sharkie said:
Great times were had last night first started as a medic chasing peoples asses (mainly 140's)

:D

cp_granary0005.jpg

one-hit crit craziness:

cp_dustbowl0012.jpg

If anyone wants 'em, here are the TF2 fonts:

Icy

Banned
So... 3 sleepless nights later ( < 3 hours sleep past 3 days )
I have hacked up the open source hlstats and got it working for TF2.

I've even gone as far an enabled tracking for

back stabs, enginers individual items built, spies and their sappers, medics uber use, medics kill assist, normal kill assist and more.

saelz8

Steam Update said:
The first post-Orange release of the Source SDK is being made ready for release. This release will allow Mod authors to create custom maps and additional content for Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, and Portal. A follow-up release to allow Mod authors to create custom Mods based upon the Episode Two client and server code will be next.
Soon.

Icy

Banned
Stats:

Now is the time to bring up suggestions / ideas / requests / whatever in terms of stats, calculations and points.

firex

anyone else not able to log in to steam community?

It keeps giving me some stupid errors, like not logging me in despite having the right name/password.

Carm

Why the hell was I banned from one of the NeoGaf servers less than 10 mins ago? No word, nothing just kicked, try to get back on and it says I'm banned. I was doing decently sniping, I would hope some little mod doesn't get all bent out of shape when they come up against someone that is good so they ban them on the servers.

fallout

Galanthas said:
Why the hell was I banned from one of the NeoGaf servers less than 10 mins ago? No word, nothing just kicked, try to get back on and it says I'm banned. I was doing decently sniping, I would hope some little mod doesn't get all bent out of shape when they come up against someone that is good so they ban them on the servers.
This is an excellent way to plead your case.

Icy

Banned
If an admin (like ME) tries to get on a full server, it will kick and ban someone for 1-5 minutes to keep the slot open for the admin to get on.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Was on a local server, got my best K : D ratio ever :lol . If only i could pull that off on the gaf server's. Will never happen :(

TF2evl.jpg

Javaman

evlcookie said:
Was on a local server, got my best K : D ratio ever :lol . If only i could pull that off on the gaf server's. Will never happen :(

I don't know about that. Between Doytch, Hito, and yourself, I spend more time counting the respawn timer then I do playing. Pillow and Puyo are a pain to see on the other team as well.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Anyone else noticed they have lost a few FPS in the game? I currently play at low 20's, when im sure it was at low 30's a few days ago. Maybe i have some retarded background process running, but the dodgy fps is alot more noticeable right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom