• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Banned
yeb said:
Agreed on both points. I sat around on the central server to get a game going, and by the time it was up to 12v12, the announcer wouldn't shut up for even 5 seconds.

Also, I think I hate crits even more now that I've seen the game without them.

Sounds happen less often, I spaced out the requirements for it.
Also made it so only certain events are heard by eveyrone, but the only time you'll hear them now is if you're the killer or victim in that case.

I removed that no crit mod. its buggy. so buggy in fact that it reduce sniper's dmg by 50%.. and the spy's knife by 50-70% generaly no instant kill on backstab :(

Also added waprath 4. All spawn points work correctly. Timer is added but don't thik its counting right yet.. and the additional pathwaywith the destoryable wall is working. Only demos sticky can destory it.

rock2 in a week hopefully.

Icy

Banned
I might give Powerhouse another go on the server...

its a CP/CTF map. in which you have to contorl the powerhouse to gain accessto the enemy intelligence. While you have control they cannot your intelligence..

ctf_powerhouse_001.jpg

ctf_powerhouse_002.jpg

ctf_powerhouse_003.jpg

ctf_powerhouse_004.jpg

ctf_powerhouse_005.jpg

ctf_powerhouse_006.jpg

ctf_powerhouse_007.jpg

ctf_powerhouse_008.jpg

ctf_powerhouse_009.jpg

Icy

Banned
I got stats up and running the way I want.
My next build of it will include tracking for medic assists, specific Engineer items built, specific items destoryed, sappers put on specific items and sappers destorying specific items.

Along with seperate tracking for flag pickup, dropped and capture.

Site doesn't look too appealing yet.. but it will

http://tf2.neogafonline.com

Icy

Banned
If the quake/unreal/HL2:DM sounds both you.

Just type quake to disable them (not sure if its in chat or console)

sharkie

Dustbowl was hilarious the other day, had three medics alternating and twice took out the whole team including tons of engineer toys from the back, they at least had two sentries and two teleporters every time and on the last teleport a poor heavy spawns and just stood there helpless as I pound him full of lead :lol

The memento:

28mmtqq.jpg

ps Are you guys doing reserved slots for the server now?

pps Also the reason I try to keep trying to join the East server is for the ridiculous ping I get on the other servers (London, England here)

decon

Icy said:
Links are working fine.. and as far as a EU server they aren't cheap. Make a donation! :D

HLStats is back up and running, all stats reset. All 3 servers are now linked.
The map links does not :/?

Where do you guys find maps btw?

Icy

Banned
decon said:
The map links does not :/?

Where do you guys find maps btw?

Let the game download them for you as you play them on my servers. Its a fast download same as http =)

Puyo: I missed my heal bot. :(

Icy

Banned
Doytch said:
I'm too damn lazy to keep checking for new versions so I just let the game download it for me.

Exactly. Let me handle all that work for you :D

Rock2 this weekend hopefully.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
In case you guys have ever heard of the AMERICAN IS PIG copypasta...

SON OF A BITCH ENGINEER I AM SCOUT
ENGINEER IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A SENTRY CAMP?
DO YOU WANT A EASY KILL?
ENGINEER IS PIG DISGUSTING
LEVEL THREE SENTRY GUN IS A MURDERER
FUCKING CTF_2FORT

SON OF A BITCH SPY I AM ENGINEER
SPY IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A SENTRY SAP?
DO YOU WANT A BACKSTAB?
SPY IS PIG DISGUSTING
BUTTERFLY KNIFE IS A MURDERER
FUCKING CP_GRAVELPIT

SON OF A BITCH PYRO I AM SPY
PYRO IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A FLAMETHROWER?
DO YOU WANT A DISGUISE RUIN?
PYRO IS PIG DISGUSTING
BUFFED FLAMETHROWER IS A MURDERER
FUCKING CP_WELL

SON OF A BITCH SOLDIER I AM PYRO
SOLDIER IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A OUT-RANGE?
DO YOU WANT A ROCKET LAUNCH?
SOLDIER IS PIG DISGUSTING
CRITICAL ROCKET HIT IS A MURDERER
FUCKING TC_HYDRO

SON OF A BITCH MEDIC I AM SOLDIER
MEDIC IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A HEAVY?
DO YOU WANT A ME IGNORE?
MEDIC IS PIG DISGUSTING
HEAVY FAVORITISM IS A MURDERER
FUCKING CP_GRANARY

SON OF A BITCH HEAVY I AM MEDIC
HEAVY IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A GO WRONG WAY?
DO YOU WANT A WASTE INVUL?
HEAVY IS PIG DISGUSTING
INCOMPETENCE IS A MURDERER
FUCKING CP_DUSTBOWL

SON OF A BITCH SNIPER I AM HEAVY
SNIPER IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A STANDING STILL?
DO YOU WANT A HEADSHOT?
SNIPER IS PIG DISGUSTING
CHARGED RIFLE SHOT IS A MURDERER
FUCKING EVERYWHERE I'M NOT LOOKING

SON OF A BITCH DEMOMAN I AM SNIPER
DEMOMAN IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A KILL WHILE ZOOMED?
DO YOU WANT A NEST EXPLODE?
DEMOMAN IS PIG DISGUSTING
STICKY BOMB IS A MURDERER
FUCKING HOW DID HE SHOOT SO FAR?

SON OF A BITCH SCOUT I AM DEMOMAN
SCOUT IS PIG
DO YOU WANT A DOUBLE JUMP?
DO YOU WANT A BOMB EVADE?
SCOUT IS PIG DISGUSTING
BASEBALL BAT IN BACK IS A MURDERER
FUCKING WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?

:lol

Carm

Thank you for the response Icy.

Fallout: I didn't come here to *plead my case* as you put it. I came here to get an answer, which Icy answered. As to why I said what I did in my post, I played TFC for quite a few years, 3-4 hours a day. I was banned on quite a few servers by stupid admins for no other reason than being pretty decent a few games here and there, that is why I reacted the way I did. And since everyone was being invited to come play on the servers, my first reaction was why invite if you ban for nothing ;p. All cleared up though now so it's all good.

Icy

Banned
I'm straight forward and honest about shit. If you're a fucktard and get banned and come whining up, I'm gonna blow you up. If you were banned for something oddly (like the reserve system) should be temp, but it'll piss you off since you had no idea what the fuck you just did. :D

fallout

Galanthas said:
Fallout: I didn't come here to *plead my case* as you put it. I came here to get an answer, which Icy answered. As to why I said what I did in my post, I played TFC for quite a few years, 3-4 hours a day. I was banned on quite a few servers by stupid admins for no other reason than being pretty decent a few games here and there, that is why I reacted the way I did. And since everyone was being invited to come play on the servers, my first reaction was why invite if you ban for nothing ;p. All cleared up though now so it's all good.
Fair enough. I never thought you were in the wrong for asking why you were banned. I just thought that your ... assumptions weren't really helping the situation. But, as you said, all good now.

Why is it that whenever I'm on (around 8-11pm pacific), no one is on the Gaf West server, but the central and east servers are packed? Does no one besides me live on the west coast?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
West doesn't seem to get used very often, and it's the server with the lowest ping for me.

And i'm 53 in the rankings :( . I need to play more.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For the love of god please reboot central icy. It's stuck on a map. timeleft is over and we are still going, the timer stopped like 20 mins ago and its still going. arghhh

And remove warpath. That map is the biggest piece of shit i ever did play on.

firex

that reminds me, what is the IP for west? I can't find it in the thread and I'd definitely add it to my favorites and play on it if I knew.

JoeFu

Banned
Icy!!!!

Where are you?

Warpath is broken like a mofo. It doesn't end. They are stuck playing that freaking map. I quite because it was just retarded.

Javaman

There seems to be some type of exploit during the sudden death melee matches. I was playing on the east server and an eng was able to build a turret during the sudden death. Maybe there's a hotkey or bind for building that isn't blocked?

Icy

Banned
nakedsushi said:
Why is it that whenever I'm on (around 8-11pm pacific), no one is on the Gaf West server, but the central and east servers are packed? Does no one besides me live on the west coast?

Real simple. NO one wants to go on an empty server, even though if just 2 people went on 1, it will fill with public people in no time. I've been saying this for weeks now and everytime I am right.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7986690&postcount=1940

Is the link with servers,etc.

I just reset the ban files.

calder

JoeFu said:
Icy!!!!

Where are you?

Warpath is broken like a mofo. It doesn't end. They are stuck playing that freaking map. I quite because it was just retarded.
That was a crazy, crazy round. Red so totally won, despite the fact we laid down in the end and took the official loss just to end the horrific ordeal of the unending map.

Thanks for the crazy good healing JoeFu and puyo and the other ppl who tried to heal that giant swarm or heavies and soldiers. :lol Oh and please, if anyone is a medic don't uber me, I'm not good and I rarely know what to do so it's wasted one me.

I'd give a shout out to the notable enemies who dominated me but most of you did. ;( Iadien and Drallo were listed as my nemesis for pretty much the entire time, but it wasn't like there was anything I could do about it heh.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Warpath is pretty much how I remember it (stalemate city) but does the spawn room closest right before the 2nd to last point of the opposing team actually work before you capture the 2nd to last point? That really doesn't help the situation.

Plus it's lacking the alternate route beneath the bridge.

Icy

Banned
fallengorn said:
Warpath is pretty much how I remember it (stalemate city) but does the spawn room closest right before the 2nd to last point of the opposing team actually work before you capture the 2nd to last point? That really doesn't help the situation.

Plus it's lacking the alternate route beneath the bridge.

path works. demo's stickys blow it up.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That was sufficiently frustrating.

- Castle is poorly designed. Some people enjoy meatgrinders, but I like being able to obtain an advantageous position in a map depending on the situation. Even ctf_2fort has more options.

- I was the only one on my team to touch the middle cap point in cp_well after it was taken.

- Melee-only is lame and broken.

- Connection died a few times during all of this. :(

Twig

Banned
MutFox said:
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:( Some of my stats disappeared... :(
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mine, too. All except for 21.4 hours of TF2. I should have over 40! As well as Portal, HL2:E1 and 2, all the achievements, plus a few other random games here and there. ):

I contacted Steam, holding out on a false hope that they have a backup of my stats somewhere... But I know it's lost forever.

firex

I sort of like the melee only sudden death rounds - they might be broken, but it gets SD over with sooner and it's funny as hell. But I played on some other servers that modified SD's duration so it was a lot shorter. That might be the better solution. I really wish criticals were a cvar the server could turn on/off without affecting any other gameplay, because I also hate them. really, I just wish they'd turn off criticals and buff rocket damage a little bit (maybe, I've never had direct rocket hits that weren't bad luck) so it doesn't completely fuck over soldiers. They're the one class I've played where criticals make them godly.

And I personally am getting tired of playing pyro. Probably because I have over 12 hours in that class, and the only other one that's close is engineer... so instead when I pick a non-engineer class to play now, I'm usually a heavy or demo or soldier.

Cryect

Icy said:
Real simple. NO one wants to go on an empty server, even though if just 2 people went on 1, it will fill with public people in no time. I've been saying this for weeks now and everytime I am right.

Just want to say that Icy is right here. I've with a friend or two have easily been able to fill up NeoGAF East during the middle of the day easily if we want to suddenly play.

firex

yeah, I joined the central server yesterday I think, with just 1 other person on there, and within minutes we had it full.

Icy

Banned
firex said:
yeah, I joined the central server yesterday I think, with just 1 other person on there, and within minutes we had it full.

People filter out Full, Empty and Password protected servers. We get excellent pings and speed from our servers so people generally join them. Most people won't join an empty server but if they see just a couple people, they go. :D

Cryect

Curious why is voting disabled at the moment on West? Felt like checking out the other maps while trying to get people to fill it up.

Cryect

Icy said:
Not enough ppl on the server.

Was strange it was saying it was completely disabled on turbine till you changed it to Granary then it said 3 votes required. Anyways I need to go do real stuff besides run around capturing points solo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom