• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Banned
Last patch some FPS issues popped up on some systems.

I'm going to be taking down the servers 1 by 1 for a quick new update.

West is complete.

What does this mean for you?

No more class limits at this time.
Server text ads only in the chat box.

A Map Vote initiated by rockthevote or an admin
Gravity Voting
Playing Kicks and Bans vote initiated by admins and players

SourceBans system

Much more detail rank and stats shown in game.
rank, top10, etc all work now.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sounds awesome Icy, great work as always. :D

/slap to valve for the patch fps issues.

I can't wait to play a game with some odd gravity setting, should be hilarious. :lol

yeb

Icy, you're an awesome server admin. Speaking of gravity though, a mildly amusing SS from earlier today:

granary.png

I tried rocket jumping onto the shipping container, and at the exact same moment I shot, the red soldier's rocket hit right at my feet. I actually went even higher than that, but I hit an invisible ceiling and fell quite a bit before I thought of hitting F5.

firex

the only map I can think of where no class limits really break it is 2fort, and that's just the issue of having too many engineers. I'm disregarding people being retarded and picking classes that suck for spots on a map since that's just stupidity and not something that practically breaks the map, but still.

Javaman

Icy said:
make that 6 engineers and the next around had 5 fucking snipers.

Speaking of engs...
jiywjm.jpg

We had 4 sentries at the cap on the castle map. Crazy

While the gravity was low I started work on a sneaky sentry.
o7kmj8.jpg

Unfortunately Icy turned the gravity on max while I was in mid jump over the abyss. Squish. I should have put a tele exit up there. LOL

Icy

Banned
Changes:

VoteBan in game
VoteKick in game

vote map comes on automatically 2 minutes before a map ends.
Also players can use rtv or rockthevote to do a vote map during a map.

Class Limits back on.

Reserve slot implementation almost where it needs to be.

rank, top10, sesssion, etc all work in game now.

Menus have a short display time due to a TF2 bug.

Some events in game will now trigger classic quake 3 sounds of Humilation, Ultra Kill and more.

Stalemate rounds are set for melee weapons only

All text adverts will appear in the chat box.

I'm sure I'm missing shit, but thats the jist of what I got done today.

I still have to finish recoding the log interpretor for Stats. Working on making it so that normal kill assist and medic kill assist are considered 2 seperate entities. And that engineers can get points dependant on the type of object they build. And also for spies get points for specific items they sap successfully. Once thats in, I'll go and balance the points for it all and reset the stats.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
:lol That's awesome.

I haven't touched TF2 in awhile, the bitter taste that was 2Fort hell has put me off the game but I have been itching to play it.

In I go~

Jacobi

Banned
This was probably posted three times already, wuteva:

"The first post-Orange release of the Source SDK is being made ready for release. This release will allow Mod authors to create custom maps and additional content for Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, and Portal. A follow-up release to allow Mod authors to create custom Mods based upon the Episode Two client and server code will be next. "

Rlan

Since the last update I've had troubles with players falling through the ground once they're killed - including other players too. Anyone know what the deal is?

Javaman

Cryect said:
Heh, kept taking out a sentry to find another up there.

Our plan had a major flaw though. Once you guys moved up and had teleporters close at hand, we were isolated from the spawn point. There were countless times where I died right outside the spawn and couldn't make it back to the "island"

Remy

Getting this now when I try to join East when it's 23/24:

Disconnect: Kicked by Console : You were disconnected for using a reserve slot.

I know you said you were still working on the reserve slots, Icy, just thought I'd mention it.

Icy

Banned
well its implemented. I just have to finish the part where it loads the file for it.

It will keep the server at 23/24 until all slots are filled with reserved ppl :D

Goto the other servers :D
once a couple ppl are plying other people will join and it will fill fast. I promise :D

Lhadatt

Opinion on the sounds: They are OK, but seem out of place. I don't have any issue with them except for the AYB theme - why put that on top of the original music? It's jumbled up and sounds weird.

Icy

Banned
Lhadatt said:
Opinion on the sounds: They are OK, but seem out of place. I don't have any issue with them except for the AYB theme - why put that on top of the original music? It's jumbled up and sounds weird.

Valve doens't permit for multiple sounds at once.. basically as each gets played the newer one takes over. Its a limitation.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Lhadatt said:
I like the AYB theme. :(

Lhadatt

Icy said:
Valve doens't permit for multiple sounds at once.. basically as each gets played the newer one takes over. Its a limitation.
No, they were definitely playing both at once on my PC. AYB must have been triggered before the round end. What triggers AYB?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ok, rather than tweaking the UT sounds... it's better to just remove them entirely. Sorry, but I'm already sick of them after just tonight. Also, melee-only sudden death sounds more fun than it actually is. We need to have much more restraint on these modifications.

... oh, and again, it's bad form to suddenly change the map on a game you aren't playing in. :p

yeb

Hitokage said:
Ok, rather than tweaking the UT sounds... it's better to just remove them entirely. Sorry, but I'm already sick of them after just tonight. Also, melee-only sudden death sounds more fun than it actually is. We need to have much more restraint on these modifications.

Agreed on both points. I sat around on the central server to get a game going, and by the time it was up to 12v12, the announcer wouldn't shut up for even 5 seconds.

Also, I think I hate crits even more now that I've seen the game without them.

Javaman

Crazy game tonight. I think the blue team lost the last 12+ rounds in a row over 2 maps. That's the one thing I dislike about stats being tracked. People tend to pick the winning team and are much less likely to switch teams to balance things out. Other then that, GG guys.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Javaman: Perhaps, but at least I either check if there's somebody I want to play with or against... or just pick Red or Blue based on what color I prefer that day. For a while I would just go red every time.

Javaman

Hitokage said:
Javaman: Perhaps, but at least I either check if there's somebody I want to play with or against... or just pick Red or Blue based on what color I prefer that day. For a while I would just go red every time.

Yeah thanks for switching to the blue. I like joining the underdog team but it's a bit frustrating when few others do. I don't really see where the fun is in running all over a weak team time and time again.

Edit:-Red FTW!
161jqqd.jpg

:lol at the scout.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Javaman said:
Yeah thanks for switching to the blue. I like joining the underdog team but it's a bit frustrating when few others do. I don't really see where the fun is in running all over a weak team time and time again.

Edit:-Red FTW!
http://i20.tinypic.com/161jqqd.jpg[IMG]
:lol at the scout.[/QUOTE]
The Medic's just a labcoat and saw. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom