• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitokage said:
Ok, I landed a rocket in a pyro's face and he didn't die, so my claim is confirmed: two rockets.
Nah uh. I have to see this with my own eyes. Next time I play you on the server, I'll let you kill me without retaliation.

Hitokage said:
BTW, I consider jumping important enough to be on my mouse rather than Special Tech. Right click is jump, space is Use, and alt is Special.

So the button for Uber would be changed? That.. that would take time getting used to. But I'll do this because my space bar doesn't like me anymore.

Is King of the Hill meant to look like this...
4tu4uv9.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, I just have two achievements left: Healing and Sentry Kills. Realized I actually didn't have Head of the Class, but quickly amended that and got an enemy medic to heal me along the way, whom I kindly repaid by stabbing him to death. :D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I wish head of the class actually told you what class you were missing, would make my life easier getting that bloody achievement. As for the sentry gun 10 kills i fail as an engineer so i doubt i will ever get that. :lol

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Spotless Mind said:
2fort is your friend. :D
2fort is your enemy. With the opposing team divided into defense/offense there'll only be about 6-8 players attacking, and they'll learn where your sentry is and take it out. I can much more easily rack up 10 kills with a randomly placed sentry on a packed dustbowl, or gravelpit server, especially gravelpit. Put it somewhere that deviates from the regular spots and catch them off guard for a bunch of easy kills.

1-D_FTW

I for one am glad about the west server biting it. If the west players didn't wanna use it, it should have been eliminated. East coasters didn't wanna ping 3000 miles away or have to play on a non-gaf server.

evlcookie said:
Missing some texture's there spotless :lol

A lot of textures? I only played that map once, but that's how I remember it looking too.

lexi

Banned
5zo2det.jpg

This was a particularly good round, I'm playing way better these days after turning off mouse acceleration in Windows, and applying the CPL mouse fix registry patch. :D

Twig

Banned
Hitokage said:
Ok, I landed a rocket in a pyro's face and he didn't die, so my claim is confirmed: two rockets.

BTW, I consider jumping important enough to be on my mouse rather than Special Tech. Right click is jump, space is Use, and alt is Special.
Well, I'm just saying, my friend isn't the kind of guy who makes these things up, and it's happened to him multiple times. O: Maybe he was getting shot from behind at the same time, maybe it's all one big coincidence. Who knows.

But I believe both him and you (after all, I have no reason not to.)

Is it possible there's something else modifying the damage done?
Hitokage said:
Well, I just have two achievements left: Healing and Sentry Kills. Realized I actually didn't have Head of the Class, but quickly amended that and got an enemy medic to heal me along the way, whom I kindly repaid by stabbing him to death. :D
I had ALL of the achievements, except the sentry kills, when my stats disappeared.

And apparently Valve fixed the bug that corrupts the TF2 stats, but this bug corrupted ALL of my stats. Not just TF2. ):

Oh well, I'm over it now. Sort of.

TheOneGuy said:
Is it possible there's something else modifying the damage done?

Distance is a factor, I believe, though you still won't get one-rocket kills even at close range.

I've rocketed many a spy point blank only to be stabbed to death before I could kill them.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
As I said before, you don't always hear the difference between a crit and non-crit rocket. Your friend got hit with a crit, and died in one hit.

Icy

Banned
Crits are not always reported by the server to the client. Also distance doesn't play a factor in dmg, its not calculated in. Also the latest 2 patches have fucked things up big time. Huge FPS drop across the board on last night's patch.

Sometime between today and saturday. I'll be taking the servers down to update/remove/modify some shizzy.

Twig

Banned
Hitokage said:
As I said before, you don't always hear the difference between a crit and non-crit rocket. Your friend got hit with a crit, and died in one hit.
Every time? He complains every time it happens, which is at least twice a day usually. That's... quite a coincidence.

Oh well, it's not that important to me.

Icy said:
Crits are not always reported by the server to the client. Also distance doesn't play a factor in dmg, its not calculated in. Also the latest 2 patches have fucked things up big time. Huge FPS drop across the board on last night's patch.

Sometime between today and saturday. I'll be taking the servers down to update/remove/modify some shizzy.
People have done tests with rocket damage and it definitely does less damage from far away.

Icy

Banned
CrookedRain said:
People have done tests with rocket damage and it definitely does less damage from far away.

I'll reboot the servers later and show you that rockets do no dmg whatsoever now....

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
CrookedRain said:
I tested with Storyteller last night and he was left with a little more than 60 hp(as pyro) after blasting him directly at point-blank range.

Icy

Banned
HAHAH Valve does it again! Another patch!

Another update for Team Fortress 2 has been released. Please run
hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:

- Fixed a performance regression

Jason

"I tested with Storyteller last night and he was left with a little more than 60 hp(as pyro) after blasting him directly at point-blank range."

"People have done tests with rocket damage and it definitely does less damage from far away."

Firestorm

Icy said:
HAHAH Valve does it again! Another patch!

Another update for Team Fortress 2 has been released. Please run
hldsupdatetool to receive it. The specific changes include:

- Fixed a performance regression

Jason

Good.

lexi

Banned
Best way to get Valve to fix stuff is to submit bug reports. If they see thousands of bug reports titled 'FPS problems after Oct 31 patch' they will do something about it.

Javaman

Icy said:
there's 3 differnt mods for it.

2 of them somehow break the resupply cabinets. If you resupply you get access to the rest of your arsenal. mine however doesnt provide access during sudden death. :)

This was on the East NEOGAF server. I'll try to grab a screenie next time.

Davidion

Just had a couple of good games on east. Big push on Warpath resulted in a stalemate at the last enemy point and had high score but the map was switched...we were close but only cracked the half-way point on the last . Then a couple of quick wins on granary.

I saw 185 and crookedrain play pretty well...lots of other good players out there too. There were multi-kills all over the place on Warpath and I kept "falling through" the map. Is that a new patch thing?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Goofed around as an engineer and a medic tonight, and it was kinda sad how nobody on my team made a good medic partner. The leading soldier would rocket jump away(that's when any soldiers were around at all), the heavy COULDN'T FUCKING AIM(We were on the cap point and I was circling my partner as a shield in lockstep with the guy attacking us AND THIS WENT ON FOR A FULL MINUTE while the heavy didn't land a bullet). I grew to hate my team because the only good people were the snipers, spies, and engineers.

So wow, I feel your pain guys.

PillowKnight: I got the idea to put a sentry in the air duct in granary after such a sentry ended up stopping me from getting on the second floor, and it was extremely hard to kill. The only bad part about it was that the same guy had free access to the same spot so I couldn't get things set up. :(

Edit: BTW, I hated my team already, but because even though I was soldier, everyone else on my team would die so often nearly every time I confronted the other team it was 3-5 vs 1. Taking on 3 scouts and a good soldier at the same time is NOT fun.

Medic was my favorite class when I started playing TF2. My problem now though is that half the time I'm healing someone, they really aren't getting the job done and I'm thinking about how much better we would be doing if I was the other class and they were the medic. I don't mind playing medic though when I'm playing with someone who I know is a pretty good partner.

And sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring your voice chat yesterday, Hito. The patch changed the sound system and my volume balance got messed up so I couldn't hear you half the time. :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I noticed you went engineer today durring a few of the maps, I figured it was because you were trying to get that bloody achievement.

Scouts for me on the neogaf server tend to be impossible to kill. With the high ping and low ass FPS they are usually on one side of the screen then the next a second later. Way too quick for me to really do anything. On local server's they usually aren't too big of a problem.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
evlcookie said:
I noticed you went engineer today durring a few of the maps, I figured it was because you were trying to get that bloody achievement.
I was close to getting it a couple times, but PillowKnight insisted on being an asshole. :(

Hitokage said:
Goofed around as an engineer and a medic tonight, and it was kinda sad how nobody on my team made a good medic partner. The leading soldier would rocket jump away(that's when any soldiers were around at all), the heavy COULDN'T FUCKING AIM(We were on the cap point and I was circling my partner as a shield in lockstep with the guy attacking us AND THIS WENT ON FOR A FULL MINUTE while the heavy didn't land a bullet). I grew to hate my team because the only good people were the snipers, spies, and engineers.

Playing Medic can be extrememly frustrating when your entire team sucks (and by entire team i mean the offensive classes). I usually get bored and switch to another class, and then people get annoyed because i'm usually the only medic on the team. Which guys, maybe if you didn't suck so much, I wouldn't get annoyed.
I shouldn't talk though, I'm pretty incosistent at this game a lot of the time. Its just that when your following a heavy that is SHOOTING AT THIN AIR it kind of puts things into perspective.

evlcookie said:
Scouts for me on the neogaf server tend to be impossible to kill. With the high ping and low ass FPS they are usually on one side of the screen then the next a second later. Way too quick for me to really do anything. On local server's they usually aren't too big of a problem.
I think I'm so used to the poor framerate that I dont really notice it anymore. Which is not good.

JoeFu

Banned
Hitokage said:

PillowKnight: I got the idea to put a sentry in the air duct in granary after such a sentry ended up stopping me from getting on the second floor, and it was extremely hard to kill. The only bad part about it was that the same guy had free access to the same spot so I couldn't get things set up. :(

Edit: BTW, I hated my team already, but because even though I was soldier, everyone else on my team would die so often nearly every time I confronted the other team it was 3-5 vs 1. Taking on 3 scouts and a good soldier at the same time is NOT fun.

You stayed on the team?

I was on a team that was so bad that we lost the first round in like 2 minutes on dustbowl when we were on defense. Nobody was a medic and like half the team was Pyro and Demoman. I tried to help by going medic, but the only guy that would stay with me was a demoman...

Anyways I ended up switching teams just because they sucked so much. Usually I stay even if it's a bad team but, they had no engineers on defense, and no medics on offense.

Twig

Banned
JoeFu said:
I tried to help by going medic, but the only guy that would stay with me was a demoman...
Are you implying that demoman isn't worth healing? ):

A good demoman is deadly with a good medic partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom