• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
Are you implying that demoman isn't worth healing? ):

A good demoman is deadly with a good medic partner.

not when he's no good and I have to tell him what to do. And he ran out before my ubercharge so he just died like everybody on the team did.

Davidion

CrookedRain said:
Medic was my favorite class when I started playing TF2. My problem now though is that half the time I'm healing someone, they really aren't getting the job done and I'm thinking about how much better we would be doing if I was the other class and they were the medic. I don't mind playing medic though when I'm playing with someone who I know is a pretty good partner.

And sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring your voice chat yesterday, Hito. The patch changed the sound system and my volume balance got messed up so I couldn't hear you half the time. :lol

I knew you were good but you kept going sniper yesterday so healing you wasn't as efficient as healing a soldier or a heavy. Although, 185, Quellex, and I think Reem or someone by that name were all pretty decent offensive guys last night.

Thankfully, most of the people that I served as medic for was pretty good. After a while you have to learn to kind of avoid the people who you know will suck. :lol

Twig

Banned
WhatRuOn said:
Well its hard not to when every map in the vote option is a custom.
So pick No Map and let it go back into the usual rotation?

Though I agree that it would make some sense to me to at least put a couple of the official maps in the list so people can vote for them if they want.

...Except 2fort because 2fort sucks.
JoeFu said:
not when he's no good and I have to tell him what to do. And he ran out before my ubercharge so he just died like everybody on the team did.
I did specify good. O:

EDIT: Also I'm just gonna toss this out there. If you see me (Twig) playing soldier or demoman or.. anything, don't bother following me around if you're a medic.

I suck. D:

DOUBLE EDIT: And finally, has anyone had any luck resetting their TF2 stats? After all the buggy patch hubbub, I decided to just start fresh, but now it won't reset when I try to do it, heh.

Icy

Banned
I'll be making some changes. rock the vote will be disabled.

But 3-5 minutes before map end there will be a map vote. I'm limiting the map vote to only the maps in the rotation. Me or any other admin can change the maps at anytime if we want to play a custom.

East is still broken. Hitokage broke it. I'm probably gonna have to reinstall it all. Something went broke. (DAMN YOU HITO!!)

I may remove the melee only on sudden death, but I do have more control now, such as No SG building and other options during sudden death. Maybe remove engineers altogether?

I have some maps designed for Soldier fights, and Sniper battles. I may add them on the server (not rotation) and have them set for Soldier and Sniper only appropriately.

I'll be removing quite a few of the customs that don't get play.

Rock2 hopefully this weekend, Beta 6 of Warpath this weekend. Timers fixed and a few other things.

I also maybe given the opportunity to test a hunted map/mod, will let you know.

Icy said:
I may remove the melee only on sudden death, but I do have more control now, such as No SG building and other options during sudden death. Maybe remove engineers altogether.

Aww. I think melee sudden death is way more fun and doesn't lead to the drawn-out stalemates in regular sudden death.

I should have my map playable sometime in the next few days also.

Cheeto

Icy said:
I may remove the melee only on sudden death, but I do have more control now, such as No SG building and other options during sudden death. Maybe remove engineers altogether?
If possible, maybe sudden death should force everyone to be the same class or two classes. I like the idea of melee only sudden death, but some classes are severly gimped in their movement speed. So maybe if it randomly picked a class, changed everyone to it, and was melee only it'd work.

As it is right now, I just change class to scout in sudden death and I run circles around everyone who stays soldier, heavy, etc. That said, I personally really like the sudden death reform, and it certainly solves those extremely boring stalemates that last the entire 3 minutes.

Icy

Banned
WhatRuOn said:
If possible, maybe sudden death should force everyone to be the same class or two classes. I like the idea of melee only sudden death, but some classes are severly gimped in their movement speed. So maybe if it randomly picked a class, changed everyone to it, and was melee only it'd work.

As it is right now, I just change class to scout in sudden death and I run circles around everyone who stays soldier, heavy, etc. That said, I personally really like the sudden death reform, and it certainly solves those extremely boring stalemates that last the entire 3 minutes.

I could gimp it to 1 specific class. Soldier maybe?

Cheeto

Icy said:
I could gimp it to 1 specific class. Soldier maybe?
No preference here, as long as everyone's the same class. Not sure what would be the most entertaining. Soldier or Pyro I guess.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
WhatRuOn said:
No preference here, as long as everyone's the same class. Not sure what would be the most entertaining. Soldier or Pyro I guess.
Pyro-only matches won't work. Everyone would just be running around with shotguns considering that the flames don't attach to a Pyro vs Pyro battle.

Cheeto

speedpop said:
Pyro-only matches won't work. Everyone would just be running around with shotguns considering that the flames don't attach to a Pyro vs Pyro battle.
We are talking about melee only sudden death.

firex

there should be a mod that instagibs everyone left alive when SD runs out. Then we could just play whatever.

I like melee only SD, but if you have to pick a class I say make everyone a medic so there's a tiny amount of strategy, and we can see the bonesaw violin taunt.

Icy

Banned
WhatRuOn said:
I don't see how shotguns or flamethrowers have anything to do with melee sudden death.

if ts pyro only whats the point. everyone would just use shotguns since you can't catch anyone on fire.

Icy

Banned
firex said:
there should be a mod that instagibs everyone left alive when SD runs out. Then we could just play whatever.

I like melee only SD, but if you have to pick a class I say make everyone a medic so there's a tiny amount of strategy, and we can see the bonesaw violin taunt.

i can do a instagib.

Firestorm

Yeah we were doing fairly badly last night. I didn't feel like being Medic but finally figured I should when we got to Dustbowl defense. Holy crap you people get hit a lot =(

Hitokage, you have the best dispenser placements ever <3

Cheeto

Icy said:
this is with melee off.

Straight stalemate round.
ohhhhh, I was talking about melee only sudden deaths.

But if were talking about straight-up sudden death i'd say all Heavies, Soldiers, or Snipers.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
21l061k.jpg
2ljp8x5.jpg
1zxw0ts.jpg

2nj8zv8.jpg
n6ayqp.jpg
15mzinb.jpg

6ql9ty.jpg
jpj4b9.jpg
54agu4l.jpg

YAY

Since I believe that there are no stupid questions, but just inquisitive idiots, I feel safe to ask this: I've got 1 NeoGAF server in my fav's, and have done so by joining someone in my friends list who was on there and then added it to my fav's. However, how do I manually search for the other server so I might add them as well? :D

firex

there should be a button that says something like "Add a server" on the bottom part of the favorites tab on your servers.

Then get the IP and paste it in and choose look up games at this address or go right to adding it to favorites.

Twig

Banned
Richardfun said:
Since I believe that there are no stupid questions, but just inquisitive idiots, I feel safe to ask this: I've got 1 NeoGAF server in my fav's, and have done so by joining someone in my friends list who was on there and then added it to my fav's. However, how do I manually search for the other server so I might add them as well? :D
Icy said:
(neutral) Icy
TeamFortress 2 for you
(Today, 02:24 PM)
Reply | Quote

Although right now only Central is up.

EDIT: Wait do you mean what are the IPs or how do you add them to your favorites? Post above mine has the answer to the latter. D:

Well, I was actually wondering both. Must've overlooked the 'add server' button, but I also have no idea what the IP's are for the other servers :)

Davidion said:
I knew you were good but you kept going sniper yesterday so healing you wasn't as efficient as healing a soldier or a heavy. Although, 185, Quellex, and I think Reem or someone by that name were all pretty decent offensive guys last night.

Thankfully, most of the people that I served as medic for was pretty good. After a while you have to learn to kind of avoid the people who you know will suck. :lol
Heh, I don't expect a medic to stick with me when I'm a sniper. You were doing great yesterday, though.

As long as there aren't any silly CTF maps on rotation, I'll hop on the server after work~

btw, any word on adding back Assists into rankings?

Icy

Banned
East is still down. You won't be able to add it to favorites. Won't be fixed until sometime tonight, Thanks Hito!

Javaman

Icy said:

4qi845y.jpg

Javaman does not look happy.

1-D_FTW

The Steam servers are too busy to handle my request to update my Team Fortress 2! Ughh! Haven't played in a while, noticed a bunch of gaffers were on, and Steam's too busy to update my TF2. What a crock.

Icy

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
The Steam servers are too busy to handle my request to update my Team Fortress 2! Ughh! Haven't played in a while, noticed a bunch of gaffers were on, and Steam's too busy to update my TF2. What a crock.

you fail.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Heh, one of the medics on my team couldn't keep up with me in gravelpit. That being said, they still did a great job. We made Soldier+Medic look cool!

...I now have only the Sentry Gunner achievement left, and I got SO close to getting it on avantiville. :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Is it possible to setup a headset with a mic, so that only the voice chat comes out of the headphones ? I only plugged it in for a second and chat audio came out through my pc speakers.

SleazyC

Hitokage said:
Heh, one of the medics on my team couldn't keep up with me in gravelpit. That being said, they still did a great job. We made Soldier+Medic look cool!

...I now have only the Sentry Gunner achievement left, and I got SO close to getting it on avantiville. :(
I was trying too :(

You were running all over the place but I was able to stick with you enough to get a ton of assists and on the MVP list.

Icy

Banned
evlcookie said:
Is it possible to setup a headset with a mic, so that only the voice chat comes out of the headphones ? I only plugged it in for a second and chat audio came out through my pc speakers.

not really.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ok, it would have been much easier had I tried earlier in beta(people know the maps and how to deal with sentries now), but I now have all achievements. Gotta love classic well cheese.

Javaman

Hitokage said:
Ok, it would have been much easier had I tried earlier in beta(people know the maps and how to deal with sentries now), but I now have all achievements. Gotta love classic well cheese.

I'm still missing the Gravel pit one. As an eng with +60 hours I fail miserably. :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I didn't really pay attention to achievements until I got the gravelpit one, because I didn't think it'd ever happen on the GAF server where people know how to rush a point, but my team was too overpowering that time. :D

Doytch

Hitokage said:
I didn't really pay attention to achievements until I got the gravelpit one, because I didn't think it'd ever happen on the GAF server where people know how to rush a point, but my team was too overpowering that time. :D

I've been cheated out of that one twice. Fucking auto-switch with 2 seconds left D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom