• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
cooljeanius said:
You were still killing all of us so I don't see what you're complaining about...
This is what Yasae does.

WHAT?! PING IN DOUBLE DIGITS???? LOLOLOLAG COMPENSATION BULLSHITTTTTTTTTTT LAG MORE

<3

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
RocketDarkness said:
Were you there? What's your Steam name? If you were on BLU, then sorry. :D (The final tally was 17 kills w/ 15 backstabs, FYI)
No, I've just had some of my best runs on there.

So much to work with, espcially if there's a dispenser around.

Ninja Dom

Hi Guys,

A couple of questions.

1) I usually play on the nighteam.com servers. Pretty good fun. But the game switches me from Red Team to Blu Team and back pretty frequently without explanation. Does this normally happen? Is the game just balancing the teams? Why does it seem to pick me to switch teams so often?

2) I usually play Demoman and lately fellow Medics have been constantly following me but firing their Syringe Guns at me instead of their healing guns. These players just follow the Demomen. What's up with that?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The game switches team for balance when one team has 2 or more player then the other. The reason for it happening is most likely due to people leaving often when they are losing, due to it being a more public server, and you dying at the wrong times (When it is midround, it will switch the first person to die, between rounds seems to be random)

For the medics, I have no clue. It is ether some tactic I have never thought of or seen, or some strange trolling.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ninja Dom said:
Hi Guys,

A couple of questions.

1) I usually play on the nighteam.com servers. Pretty good fun. But the game switches me from Red Team to Blu Team and back pretty frequently without explanation. Does this normally happen? Is the game just balancing the teams? Why does it seem to pick me to switch teams so often?

2) I usually play Demoman and lately fellow Medics have been constantly following me but firing their Syringe Guns at me instead of their healing guns. These players just follow the Demomen. What's up with that?

1) Uneven teams either due to number of players or skill. Pick you...cause...you're a pub stomper????

2) Trolling

Clydefrog

Not sure if I've mentioned where I usually play but ... SoCal people, a 24-player server that has good crop of nice regulars, is usually packed, and I get one-digit ping in Costa Mesa: The Lion's Den TF2 96.44.130.2:27015

Parlour Room Jesters has the same ping, different port (if you like lagless servers!) 96.44.130.2:27069

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Clydefrog said:
Not sure if I've mentioned where I usually play but ... SoCal people, a 24-player server that has good crop of nice regulars, is usually packed, and I get one-digit ping in Costa Mesa: The Lion's Den TF2 96.44.130.2:27015

Parlour Room Jesters has the same ping, different port (if you like lagless servers!) 96.44.130.2:27069
You mean same IP, different port.

Why not join us on the gaf server!

Wolf Akela said:
Much more so before DR's last nerf. It was basically god mode in this part of the map.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fufAcdhTOVI

Spy's first set of unlockables got nerfed soooo many times. I still miss the days when being a combat spy was a good option since DR decloaks did not drain metal. Ambassador didn't have cooldown either, pierced through enemies and had hitbox detection that would make Huntsman green with envy. :lol

Spies literally just tanking sentries was the most ridiculously thing I ever saw, and it worked, even with multiple Engineers both trying to keep sappers off and swing at the Spy.

The Spy set was so clearly rushed to go along with the Sniper set, since they said they weren't likely to make a Sniper-only update. I'm still amazed at how utterly broken the Ambassador was (and I still think it's a terrible inclusion in the game, even though I use it for the obvious benefits), you think they could've just retooled the code for the Sniper rifle and had everything already working, but apparently not.

I remember Spies having teammates stand in front of them in front of the starting gates. Firing through teammates would cause the hit detection to ignore the gate and kill the person on the other side. :lol

Drkirby said:
This is why you need some of every class, a Pyro would of been able to help take down that spy without to much trouble. Heck, a bunch of classes could of, just communicate with your team. "Hey, there is a dead Ringer Spy over here before the first capture point I can't kill, anyone able to help?"

Remember, originally DR Super Armor was infinite while cloaked, and airblasts were slightly more costly, so you couldn't juggle them forever either. And as long as they picked up a bit of metal and a tiny health bottle, they could just keep going, and going, and going. Even if they weren't actively destroying sentries or anything, they were a big distraction for the team, and too much of a threat to ignore.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I love the few maps that allow you to actually hit the enemy before the round starts. Scout starts firing at you with pistole on well, respond with Flare gun!

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
So I'm fooling around, thinking "Welp, my item cap finally reset, wonder what I'll get" and then boom, I get Le Party Phantom for the spy. My third hat/misc drop in like and it only took 120 hours.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jangaroo said:
So I'm fooling around, thinking "Welp, my item cap finally reset, wonder what I'll get" and then boom, I get Le Party Phantom for the spy. My third hat/misc drop in like and it only took 120 hours.
NICE!

Took me 150 hours to get my first hat drop :/

Jangaroo

enzo_gt said:
NICE!

Took me 150 hours to get my first hat drop :/
Well my first two hat drops were the football helmet and the scout's batterhelm around the time that the second wave of hats got introduced. They're the two most boring hats for the classes so whatever hat you got must be like infinitely better looking than mine.
HATS HATS HATS DERP

The only hats I genuinely want are the Robin Hood one for the Sniper and the festive lights one for the Engineer :D

This guy I play with got a hat already and he hasn't even hit the 10-hour mark in playtime -_-

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dragonlife29 said:
The only hats I genuinely want are the Robin Hood one for the Sniper and the festive lights one for the Engineer :D

This guy I play with got a hat already and he hasn't even hit the 10-hour mark in playtime -_-
it was about time the sniper got a hat that didn't suck balls.

Jangaroo said:
I'm deeply jealous of your mask.

Jangaroo

enzo_gt said:
it was about time the sniper got a hat that didn't suck balls.
Seriously, the trophy belt hat one is essentially a normal sniper hat with a few teeth here and there that are hardly noticeable though I suppose thats a good thing for a sniper.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I didn't play Team Fortress 2 for around two weeks over the holidays. Now that I'm back, I'm having items drop every five minutes, or so. I think this is Valve's way of saying PLEASE DON'T LEAVE.

Loam

Is 68.232.178.184:27015 still the gaf server? I can't seem to get it to show up on my favorites list and trying to manually connect gives me an error message.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wren said:
Is 68.232.178.184:27015 still the gaf server? I can't seem to get it to show up on my favorites list and trying to manually connect gives me an error message.
No, it is 174.143.208.222:27015 now

In TF2 Beta, all classes now have DOUBLE health, but every single weapon in the game does HALF damage to all buildings.

This is certainly an odd change to test, since it's a radical depart from the normal game

We're in for a wild ride if these changes ever hit the real game :O

Sibylus

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
In TF2 Beta, all classes now have DOUBLE health, but every single weapon in the game does HALF damage to all buildings.

This is certainly an odd change to test, since it's a radical depart from the normal game

Whoa.

Blizzard

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:

Thanks, I was wondering what had updated. Is there a convenient place to read about beta updates when they come out? Steam forums for instance? (I haven't checked yet, so this may be a stupid question)

corn_fest

Blizzard said:
Thanks, I was wondering what had updated. Is there a convenient place to read about beta updates when they come out? Steam forums for instance? (I haven't checked yet, so this may be a stupid question)
Yeah, the Steam beta forums are the only real place for announcements like this. I didn't know about the update either, I'm anxious to try it out. Seems like double health could reward skill-based play and put less of an empasis on spam. I have to wonder what the point of testing this really is, though, as there's no way they would make such a dramatic change to the main game.

Blizzard

Banned
Jangaroo said:
600 health Heavy without buff? Good god.
Still only takes one backstab. Seriously, anyone who wants to play around with spy (especially with dead ringer) give it a shot in the beta before they change it. :lol I think you get 250 HP, but there are some people playing pyro so watch out.

Jangaroo

So glancing through the Steam forum, your overheal isn't 150% anymore so I guess that's supposed to offset the health buff.

That's pretty nuts, but it's a definite Spy buff.

I'd be pretty bummed if that was true though. I get a lot of excitement being a Soldier by killing a lot of people in succession.

Yeef

Tried the Beta update. It was pretty terrible. Medic-Heavies were just spawn camping the entrances and wrangled sentries were insanely difficult to take out, especially if they were wrangled.

desh

Well, damn. I just got banned from a server tonight. No warning, just straight banned. They have a website, and I protested. Apparently they thought I was wallhacking.

Medial Mode is ridiculous. Snipers have the upperhand there, you just keep spamming arrows in the gate and you will kill people. I went from 3 headshots record to 10 :lol

Oh, and why the hell is the back scratcher so damn powerful? I was a full health soldier and the back scratcher killed me in 1 hit thrice. =/

Squash

EvilMario said:
I didn't play Team Fortress 2 for around two weeks over the holidays. Now that I'm back, I'm having items drop every five minutes, or so. I think this is Valve's way of saying PLEASE DON'T LEAVE.

Never happens for me when I take breaks. =/

Messing around on a low gravity server, I realized that in addition to the obvious FAN, the Boston Basher lets you fly. For as long as you've got the health to swing it, anyway.

Flying through the air, screaming and bleeding on the passers below. :lol

Sibylus

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
Medial Mode is ridiculous. Snipers have the upperhand there, you just keep spamming arrows in the gate and you will kill people. I went from 3 headshots record to 10 :lol

Oh, and why the hell is the back scratcher so damn powerful? I was a full health soldier and the back scratcher killed me in 1 hit thrice. =/
Snipers are certainly powerful, but the defenders have their own as well. Arrows can be just as easily spammed out of the gate as well. Scouts, Demomen, and crossbow Medics are all very decent at scattering crowds of Snipers.

Sounds like the Backscratcher critted on you frequently? It doesn't do enough damage to kill (most?) classes in one hit normally.

Kill icons being added either tonight or early next week

It's going to be a mixture of Valve made, NeoDement (guy who made them last time), and a few other community ones.

here's a preview of some of the ones we know so far
gruiconcopy.png

amputatorkithumb.jpg

sleeperkithumb.jpg

killicons.png

Clydefrog

I was playing last night with a guy who wanted everyone's crates. After he got a bunch (about 10) he opened them. EVERY single one contained paint.

So I opened my two crates (s7 & s8) in hopes of getting something cool. I got a huntsman and a chargin' targe. I ragequitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom