• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proven said:
Until someone mentioned the JAG recipe on the server last night, I forgot that the community weapons get special recipes, while the the weapon packs have more random chance. I should start looking up recipes for the other stuff I'm interested, like the Fists of Steel and the Backscratcher. I also got the medieval Medic hat as a random drop, so now I'm duty bound to complete the set just for style. As for the JAG itself, after using the Gunslinger so much I forgot that new wrenches give the wrench itself new abilities, rather than the sentry, so it took me a moment to realize I needed to whack the sentry to speed its build time.

Oh, and while trying to get the metal for it, I forgot which recipes give metal, and then even accidentally crafted an Equalizer while trying to use the Craft Melee Weapons recipe. I wonder how many other accidental crafts I'll run into in the future.

Really fun time last night on the server. Next time I'm on I'm going to have to friend a lot of the new regulars.
I'll hook you up with a spare Fists of Steel for whatever weapon you've got a spare of.

PS: You are fun to backstab.

Remy

I do want to thank all you wonderful bastards who were playing last night. Felt like old times. I was dying from the chat while we were on gorge.

I'll be on late (post-11PM EST) tonight. Hope some of you will be playing.

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball said:
Too bad no one has been killed by the Sydney Sleeper. Ever.
Well you die from the assist, when all the minicrits hit you, in theory.

And people USED to die from the sydney sleeper, back when it went through multiple people at once. You could kill a medic behind a heavy, or snipe an engineer through his sentry gun if I recall correctly. It's a pity they got rid of that.

Blizzard said:
Well you die from the assist, when all the minicrits hit you, in theory.

And people USED to die from the sydney sleeper, back when it went through multiple people at once. You could kill a medic behind a heavy, or snipe an engineer through his sentry gun if I recall correctly. It's a pity they got rid of that.
Didn't the Ambassador go through multiple targets too? I remember a video of a Spy headshoting a Heavy and an Engineer at the same time. It was hilarious. :lol

Edit: Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxTLeLCentE

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Silencer Lang?! :lol
:lol No, though he's raged a bunch of other times back when I used to main Sniper. I'm not sure who it was. Could've been a random playing on the server.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, lets try to get a game going tonight, I wonder if my ping will go up or down now that I am at a collage dorm. Speed test makes me think it may actually go up.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
My college dorm's internet is so much faster than the one I'm using right now. Looking forward to having faster internet when I move back in tomorrow.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe my Ping will improve, while Speedtest says my ping is 105 or so, ping test says my ping is 6.

Speed is damn fast, it is fluating between 40 and 80 Mb/S

So, as I was playing today, I noticed my TF2 has no shadows for players at all. Changing the shadow detail option in game shows no difference. I think I've been playing all this time without shadows and I can't seem to find anything on why there aren't any.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Had some things in my autoexec. All is good.

Dug

Banned
Wish I could stay and play on the GAF server, but TF2 keeps on crashing. (There is an odd beeping noise before it crashes, which is kind of odd.)

Blizzard

Banned
Well along with adding new bugs (the fists of steel animation is broken now, like half the time, for instance), at least something was perhaps fixed in an update. I finally got the last heavy achievement (killing people carrying my intel), and I'm almost certain it was glitched previously at like 7/10 and more kills didn't register. :) Now I have everything for heavy and pyro.

I am starting to get how to play Demoman and the sticky bombs. I still don't know how some people explode the sticky bombs so fast when they are close to the enemy. But I'm getting there.

Cipherr

Just ran into a CP map on my favorite server where a soldier paid for the 'premium' account there which gave him stupid fucking bonuses to his gear. He had a 'Vintage Direct Hit'

It had +50% clip size (so a total of 6 rockets)
No radius splash decrease like the normal direct hit.
And bonus speed travel time of the rockets.
He was also given super high rocket jumps for being premium and there must have been something with his buff banner too, because he always had it up but I cant confirm that. But I SAW the modified weapon when he killed me and looked and saw those bonuses.

I know the hosts want to make money, but that's fucking stupid. Keep the bullshit cosmetic man, you start tinkering with the goddamn game balance and that's just to much.

Cipherr said:
Just ran into a CP map on my favorite server where a soldier paid for the 'premium' account there which gave him stupid fucking bonuses to his gear. He had a 'Vintage Direct Hit'

It had +50% clip size (so a total of 6 rockets)
No radius splash decrease like the normal direct hit.
And bonus speed travel time of the rockets.
He was also given super high rocket jumps for being premium and there must have been something with his buff banner too, because he always had it up but I cant confirm that. But I SAW the modified weapon when he killed me and looked and saw those bonuses.

I know the hosts want to make money, but that's fucking stupid. Keep the bullshit cosmetic man, you start tinkering with the goddamn game balance and that's just to much.
I played in a server like that too. Nothing worse than a 'premium' Heavy and Medic combo. They just didn't fucking die.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I find the simple solution is to not play on those servers, but god it is annoying. It is fun at times trying to kill the over powered enemy though.

Anony

i wanna get rid of some stuff
30383340.png

want to trade these polycount/new weapons for weapons i dont have, or scraps/metals

http://www.tf2items.com/id/lazyguy

Kuro Madoushi said:
HOW DARE THOSE MEDICS DO THEIR JOB?!

FUCKING RUINING TF2!

Sgt.Pepper said:
I played in a server like that too. Nothing worse than a 'premium' Heavy and Medic combo. They just didn't fucking die.

He's clearly talking about servers that give the donators extra power or advantages the game's not balanced for. And if a large number of your team is focused on taking down a single overpowered Medic/Heavy duo, who's stopping the rest of their team?

That's ok, because donators can't be killed during humiliation anyway. And they can teamswitch to the winning team without being autobalanced. And that slot's reserved, so off you go!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Might as well..

If anyone has a spare Mad Milk or Your Eternal Reward, I'll gladly trade one of Jag/Gloves of Running Urgently/Ambassador/Backscratcher/Candy Cane for one.

Or crates, if you fancy those.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...simple solution would be to go to a different server.

I haven't been on one with any 'premium' items or players yet aside from funky hats.

Yasae

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Some achievements just don't want to stick for me. I swear I should have "head of class" something like six times over by now.
I just got World Traveler last month.

Yasae

Banned
cooljeanius said:
That one actually took me longer than I thought it would because the GAF server doesn't like to play those maps very often. Especially not Hydro or 2Fort.
It's bugged I tell you. BUGGED!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The_Technomancer said:
Some achievements just don't want to stick for me. I swear I should have "head of class" something like six times over by now.
Have you play Hydro lately? I found that was the map I was missing for the longest time. Just go down the list I would say, play a few rounds on each map.

If you are really stumped, I found it checks your computer's local files for which maps you have been, so you can try playing all 9 maps on a different computer to get it.

Forkball

The_Technomancer said:
I'm pretty sure you have to play the entire round as a class without switching for it to count. I didn't get this for the longest time until I finally played an entire round as a Scout. I also didn't get the World Traveler one for a long time because Granary is so boring. Also a lot of the original maps aren't so good, so a lot of newer players don't bother with them.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Forkball said:
I'm pretty sure you have to play the entire round as a class without switching for it to count. I didn't get this for the longest time until I finally played an entire round as a Scout. I also didn't get the World Traveler one for a long time because Granary is so boring. Also a lot of the original maps aren't so good, so a lot of newer players don't bother with them.
No yeah, I know how you get it. But I'll have like seven of the nine, and then a month later I'll get "Head of Class! 3 of 9!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom