• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the color of business pants from the one crate I opened with my free key.

Nobody seems to want to trade Team Spirit for it, though :(

Technically, it's rarer than Team Spirit, and I want my Drill Hat to be team colored.

Forkball

I got a Candy Cane from my Holiday Crate. It was extremely similar to the Candy Cane i got as a drop about thirty minutes before. I knew I should have opened up my series 9 crate, it only has hats and paint in it. But no... I had to have new stuff.

Oreoleo

balladofwindfishes said:
I got the color of business pants from the one crate I opened with my free key.

Nobody seems to want to trade Team Spirit for it, though :(

Technically, it's rarer than Team Spirit, and I want my Drill Hat to be team colored.

Have you tried the trading feature at tf2items.com? I've had a lot of success trading for items I otherwise wouldn't have. Even found a sucker who wanted my purple paint :p

Forkball said:
I got a Candy Cane from my Holiday Crate. It was extremely similar to the Candy Cane i got as a drop about thirty minutes before. I knew I should have opened up my series 9 crate, it only has hats and paint in it. But no... I had to have new stuff.
Crate 9 is the best gamble
either exclusive crate-only paints, a grenadier's cap, or an unusual. The best bang for your buck, especially if you get Pink or Lime Green, which people seem to trade a bunch for.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Those look pretty awesome. I liked the custom ones that guy did right after the last mega update (medieval).

Sgt.Pepper said:
Anyone has a spare Mad Milk?
Not yet. I was lucky enough to get Crossbow and Brass Beast drops this week, so I don't have to randomly request them on the server anymore. Still missing a few items from the past couple of updates, but I don't really care about those ones.

Team Fortress 2
Added community submitted kill icons.
Fixed enemies seeing death notices when you backstab their team mates with Your Eternal Reward.
Fixed the attack animation not always playing correctly for Your Eternal Reward.
Fixed the critboost sound not playing when the Kritzkrieg charge is deployed.
Fixed a broken texture on the Flipped Trilby.
Updated the material for the Jag.
Community Request
Fixed spawn points associated with a control point not being enabled/disabled correctly when the control point owner is set using the SetOwner input.
Added the "Server can execute" flag to the “firstperson” and “thirdperson” commands.

Great update, it fixes a lot of little nagging things, but the impact will be pretty big.

Today also marks the second anniversary of level 2 and 3 teleporters and dispensers.

And spies being able to pick up metal to refill cloak

Today is also my brother's 12th birthday

Sunday is my third year owning TF2

Clydefrog

balladofwindfishes said:
Today also marks the second anniversary of level 2 and 3 teleporters and dispensers.

And spies being able to pick up metal to refill cloak

Today is also my brother's 12th birthday

Sunday is my third year owning TF2

you want achievements for those or something? :lol

Oreoleo

balladofwindfishes said:
Fixed spawn points associated with a control point not being enabled/disabled correctly when the control point owner is set using the SetOwner input.

whatchapelle.gif

Clydefrog said:
you want achievements for those or something? :lol
Yes please

Fun times with this update:
- Fists of Steel lost its crit animation (I assume just for the lulz, because they didn't even touch the FoS in the update)
- Warrior's spirit doesn't even attempt to animate on a crit
- The krit-boost sound doesn't go away. It can even stack with itself for maximum ear damage
- YER's light map is all wonky
- Loch n Load is the only item in the ENTIRE GAME to not have a kill icon. They gave items that haven't had a kill icon in 3 years (Blutz and Backburner) yet they forget a weapon that came out 3 weeks ago!
- Flipped trilby paint doesn't show up

Oh Valve, never change. A simple kill icon update xD

dnegimagesv2.png

Some of these icons are not very good...

Iron Curtain looks... awkward (and hilarious phallic).

Smash Bros logo on the Holy Hand Grenade!

Loch n Load is on the sheet, but isn't actually used

BuddhaRockstar said:
Reflected flare kill? They're really going all out.
those have been in the game since the Engy update

Also, the Hand Grenade icon doesn't actually work in-game. It's not a very good icon, either, especially when gold is a color that is used a lot in kill icons. It seems like a no-brainer to use gold in the grenade icon :p

I can't unsee the Smash Bros logo either

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
the fuck???

It doesn't have that icon, as far as I can remember, when I jumped off a shack, landed on an enemy and killed him. It was really hilarious and I wish I'd screenshotted that sucker :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
balladofwindfishes said:
those have been in the game since the Engy update

Also, the Hand Grenade icon doesn't actually work in-game. It's not a very good icon, either, especially when gold is a color that is used a lot in kill icons. It seems like a no-brainer to use gold in the grenade icon :p

I can't unsee the Smash Bros logo either
what have you done

Proven

Fuck yeah Smash!

Anyway, did you guys change the server IP again? It's not on my favorites list anymore.

And then I use my brain and find it.

Max

I am not Max
4 people in the past 2 days have added me on Steam asking to trade for my L4D Bill hat. I have no idea where they are getting my name from, and I don't even play TF2.

The pointlessness of hats has elevated to annoyance.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Max said:
4 people in the past 2 days have added me on Steam asking to trade for my L4D Bill hat. I have no idea where they are getting my name from, and I don't even play TF2.

Yeah I get people trying to trade their crates and Vintage Ubersaws for my earbuds, and trade me out of nowhere for it :/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Could I get it? I didn't buy the game right away, and you can never have too many hats. I can give you anther hat if you want one for some reason.

Or you can keep it if you want, and are just venting about people randomly trying to get it (most likely some site has a list of every owner of the hat)

(._.)

Banned
Max said:

give me it

Remy

For those of you coming back after the last few months, Java shut down his janky-ass server and we're using a replacement janky-ass server that Yeef and I maintain.

The IP is tf2.langui.sh. It's all over the NeoGAF TF2 group. Also, I think it's the only server with "NeoGAF" in the name.

Hard to miss!

It seems like the lighting effect/circle from the Pyro's flamethrower is really obvious now, that's if it had one before. At least from a distance anyway, it may be part of the glitches that were introduced this update, or it may just be a LOD thing I've never noticed before.

balladofwindfishes said:

I can't believe they actually charge for the price of two paints for the Team Spirit in the store. Like you're actually getting double the product. :lol

Max said:

Try having a Soldier's Medal. "DUDE I'LL PAY YOU."
And if you think that'd be worthwhile, just remember that they'll cancel the payment the moment you trade, and you'll be SOL anyway.

Oreoleo

Kulock said:
Try having a Soldier's Medal. "DUDE I'LL PAY YOU."
And if you think that'd be worthwhile, just remember that they'll cancel the payment the moment you trade, and you'll be SOL anyway.

Never had anyone offer me anything for my soldier's medal :( Not that I'd sell it for anything, but still.

Yeef

Just got a spy achievement with the Eternal Reward and it showed up as the guy I killed getting a different, class appropriate achievement. It's a nice little touch. It used to just not show any achievement at all. I wonder when they changed that.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Gentlemen, I love Crusader's Crossbow. That is all.

Oh, and RD is a dangerous foe with that Dead Ringer.
Thanks for the compliment!

I'm definitely getting better at utilizing the Dead Ringer. Now I need to get better at identifying the maps/situations where I should use one or the other. I've started switching mid-map; got one of the enemy mic players calling out who I was even after I switched away from the Eternal Reward. Nothin' like having an enemy player feeding misinformation to his own team. :D

ZZMitch

Great games on the GAF server tonight!

I think I am falling in love with the demoman and his sword and shield. The charge to sword lunge is deadly - and tons of fun!

This really is the ultimate game for just pure fun.

what in the turd ferguson did they do to the kritzkrieg, the sound loops, really valve? really?

i swear this poor tf2 source engine version feels held together with duct tape nowadays.

Blizzard

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
what in the turd ferguson did they do to the kritzkrieg, the sound loops, really valve? really?

i swear this poor tf2 source engine version feels held together with duct tape nowadays.
I was lucky and didn't use the kritzkrieg. Two of the funniest things about it to me:

1. There seems to be a stereotype that Valve is one of the best companies in the business at keeping things bug free, making things perfect, and delaying them so they can be even MORE perfect. And yet, every few TF2 updates (and sometimes for the L4D games maybe?) it seems something entertaining gets broken. That's different than entire games, but still.

2. It's funniest when the bugs seem mostly unrelated to the actual update content. They presumably are related in the internals, but it's still funny when there will be a random update and then the spy becomes able to build engineer buildings, or something happens and weapons shoot through starting gates, or kill icons get added and suddenly kritzkrieg sounds are broken. :lol

Sgt.Pepper said:
Gentlemen, I love Crusader's Crossbow. That is all.

I just gave up and crafted one. I like it, but it's got that problem the Needlegun has where the reload animation is longer than you'd think, and if you switch away from it too soon, you have to wait through the entire animation again before it'll let you fire.

ZombieSupaStar said:

Not sure if posted but the KGB now has its animation fucked up in 1st person. With the slowed swinging, it's a lot harder to get a kill.

Why people never play Medic? Everytime I'm trying another class, I check my team and there never are medics; plus they keep hitting E all the time and if they are then they don't freaking heal. Just shooting that damn Syringe Gun all the time.

Fucking medic about an hour ago said he was going for the achievement for killing 50 Scouts with the Syringe Gun and stopped healing everytime he saw a Scout to chase him.

Edit: And if you check my profile, most of my play time has been as a Medic. :lol

Sibylus

Banned
Forkball said:
Too bad no one has been killed by the Sydney Sleeper. Ever.
I've killed a couple dozen. Don't use the rifle much, but it's fun and can two-hit most classes. It's a viable alternate, so I can't really complain much.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Why people never play Medic? Everytime I'm trying another class, I check my team and there never are medics; plus they keep hitting E all the time and if they are then they don't freaking heal. Just shooting that damn Syringe Gun all the time.

Fucking medic about an hour ago said he was going for the achievement for killing 50 Scouts with the Syringe Gun and stopped healing everytime he saw a Scout to chase him.

Edit: And if you check my profile, most of my play time has been as a Medic. :lol

Because the Medic isn't an offensive class. My suspicion is that players like to get more involved in battles than sit back and heal.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So I just paid for a key and all I got was another Huntsman - anyone want to trade something? ^^

Bufbaf said:
So I just paid for a key and all I got was another Huntsman - anyone want to trade something? ^^

If you've got two reclaimed, you can use that Huntsman to make a Crusader's Crossbow. It's worth it just to shoot your teammates full of visible arrows.

Actually, it is great at topping off people you can't otherwise reach because of the battlefield, especially Snipers. I just wish it didn't take so long to switch to and from, and to reload. I'd love it if it had that Degreaser "quick weapon switch" buff, I might even give up the extra healing point for using it and the Amputator. (As it is, you basically out-heal afterburn naturally.)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Kulock said:
If you've got two reclaimed, you can use that Huntsman to make a Crusader's Crossbow. It's worth it just to shoot your teammates full of visible arrows.

Actually, it is great at topping off people you can't otherwise reach because of the battlefield, especially Snipers. I just wish it didn't take so long to switch to and from, and to reload. I'd love it if it had that Degreaser "quick weapon switch" buff, I might even give up the extra healing point for using it and the Amputator. (As it is, you basically out-heal afterburn naturally.)

Thanks! I'll wait until I got enough metal, then. Medic + Sniping sounds pretty cool :)

Proven

Yeef said:
Just got a spy achievement with the Eternal Reward and it showed up as the guy I killed getting a different, class appropriate achievement. It's a nice little touch. It used to just not show any achievement at all. I wonder when they changed that.
Scary... Creepy...

Sgt.Pepper said:

Needing to play Medic for Medic-less teams makes up about 40 hours of my playtime. The other 50 are just because I like the class.

Kulock said:

Until someone mentioned the JAG recipe on the server last night, I forgot that the community weapons get special recipes, while the the weapon packs have more random chance. I should start looking up recipes for the other stuff I'm interested, like the Fists of Steel and the Backscratcher. I also got the medieval Medic hat as a random drop, so now I'm duty bound to complete the set just for style. As for the JAG itself, after using the Gunslinger so much I forgot that new wrenches give the wrench itself new abilities, rather than the sentry, so it took me a moment to realize I needed to whack the sentry to speed its build time.

Oh, and while trying to get the metal for it, I forgot which recipes give metal, and then even accidentally crafted an Equalizer while trying to use the Craft Melee Weapons recipe. I wonder how many other accidental crafts I'll run into in the future.

Really fun time last night on the server. Next time I'm on I'm going to have to friend a lot of the new regulars.

So I can't shake this feeling that the Iron Curtain's kill icon is just plain awful. I was on a server last night, and we all agreed that the other kill icons are cool, but the Iron Curtain looks nothing like the actual nozzle of the weapon, and it's all distorted and just not a good icon.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
balladofwindfishes said:
So I can't shake this feeling that the Iron Curtain's kill icon is just plain awful. I was on a server last night, and we all agreed that the other kill icons are cool, but the Iron Curtain looks nothing like the actual nozzle of the weapon, and it's all distorted and just not a good icon.

It should just be the hammer & sickle. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom