• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So far, I haven't hit any achievements that I noticed were glitched. I thought the World Traveler and Head of Class were for a while till I finally got the missing class and map (Demoman and Hydro)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, I have some extra TF2 items to trade away before crafting away, let me know if you need anything from here, just reply to this topic:
2nrhw3.jpg

Also, I got two extra hats. These two:
75px-Item_icon_Sergeant%27s_Drill_Hat.png

75px-Item_icon_Engineer%27s_Cap.png

I am willing to do the following

1) Do a simple 1:1 trade for normal people
2) Set up a good offer to someone who doesn't have a normal drop hat and plays the class they are for (Solder and Engineer if you can't tell), I know there are a decent amount of new players hanging around. I would prefer someone who also played on the Gaf server to.

Also have 2 Name Tags I don't want.

Edit: Engineer cap is gone.

Edit2: Crossbow is also gone.

If anyone cares, I am missing 4 weapons still. Loch-n-Load, Sticky Jumper, Buffalo Steak Sandvich, and Warrior's Spirit. Also, if anyone has a Series 1 or 2 crate, I'll take them, I feel like if I am going to have a pile of crates, might as well have one of each kind possible. Also, I could use paint, any color. I never find any, I wonder which drop pool it is in.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drkirby said:
Oh, I have some extra TF2 items to trade away before crafting away, let me know if you need anything from here, just reply to this topic:
2nrhw3.jpg

Also, I got two extra hats. These two:
75px-Item_icon_Sergeant%27s_Drill_Hat.png

75px-Item_icon_Engineer%27s_Cap.png

I am willing to do the following

1) Do a simple 1:1 trade for normal people
2) Set up a good offer to someone who doesn't have a normal drop hat and plays the class they are for (Solder and Engineer if you can't tell), I know there are a decent amount of new players hanging around. I would prefer someone who also played on the Gaf server to.

Also have 2 Name Tags I don't want.

Edit: Engineer cap is gone.

Edit2: Crossbow is also gone.

If anyone cares, I am missing 4 weapons still. Loch-n-Load, Sticky Jumper, Buffalo Steak Sandvich, and Warrior's Spirit. Also, if anyone has a Series 1 or 2 crate, I'll take them, I feel like if I am going to have a pile of crates, might as well have one of each kind possible. Also, I could use paint, any color. I never find any, I wonder which drop pool it is in.

Dude, I'll trade you a Jag/GRU/Candy Cane/Newer Crates/Backscratcher for your Your Eternal Reward.

It can be mind-blowing how some people have capitalized on the trading, how they've even just stocked what they have in the first place. For example:

This person's backpack

Three nice unusuals on Page 1, sure. Now scroll down to Page 3. And 4.

And the person's offering 100 of those for an Engineer unusual with energy.
I'm serious.

barnone

Hey Kirby. I'll trade you the demoman Carouser's Capotain for the Drill Sergeant hat! Soldier is my favorite class :D steam account name is jakeo3553, screen name is barnone

Proven

RocketDarkness said:
I'll hook you up with a spare Fists of Steel for whatever weapon you've got a spare of.

PS: You are fun to backstab.
I'll take you up on that offer the next time I'm on the server.

Cipherr said:
Just ran into a CP map on my favorite server where a soldier paid for the 'premium' account there which gave him stupid fucking bonuses to his gear. He had a 'Vintage Direct Hit'

It had +50% clip size (so a total of 6 rockets)
No radius splash decrease like the normal direct hit.
And bonus speed travel time of the rockets.
He was also given super high rocket jumps for being premium and there must have been something with his buff banner too, because he always had it up but I cant confirm that. But I SAW the modified weapon when he killed me and looked and saw those bonuses.

I know the hosts want to make money, but that's fucking stupid. Keep the bullshit cosmetic man, you start tinkering with the goddamn game balance and that's just to much.
Was it a nightteam server? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss1rEWdmrTY

Anony said:
i wanna get rid of some stuff
30383340.png

want to trade these polycount/new weapons for weapons i dont have, or scraps/metals

http://www.tf2items.com/id/lazyguy
I may trade for one GRU for a friend.

As for other trade offers, I'll try to get on the server tonight with a sorted backpack and a list of what I've got to pass on. I tend to be too much of a crafter and collecter, so I might come in a little sparse.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
barnone said:
Hey Kirby. I'll trade you the demoman Carouser's Capotain for the Drill Sergeant hat! Soldier is my favorite class :D steam account name is jakeo3553, screen name is barnone
Yeah, I'll take you up on that. I should be back in my room a bit after 4pm EST.

And enzo, any will do. I'll take a jag, but I not being to picky, any 1:1 trade will do, just trying to pass along my stuff before I craft it away since far to often I see people wishing for item x when I just crated 8 of them away the day before.

Ha! I didn't expect to get the "Be Efficient" achievement for the Sniper. Surprisingly 1 of the headshots was a disguised spy who got in the middle of my sight while I was aiming to a Heavy. :lol

Edit: Maybe was lag from my part, but does the Spy kill from the side in 1 hit too? I managed to kill 2 scouts while jumping and aiming to the side.

Chinner

Banned
Kulock said:
It can be mind-blowing how some people have capitalized on the trading, how they've even just stocked what they have in the first place. For example:

This person's backpack

I'm serious.
he could make a shit load of real cash if he wanted to.

Clydefrog

Was playing at my usual server last night when I suddenly got a trade request. Someone gave me a free hat (vintage, gold-painted backbiter's billycock) for being the team MVP of the map. :lol this guy rocked

Sgt.Pepper said:
Ha! I didn't expect to get the "Be Efficient" achievement for the Sniper. Surprisingly 1 of the headshots was a disguised spy who got in the middle of my sight while I was aiming to a Heavy. :lol

Edit: Maybe was lag from my part, but does the Spy kill from the side in 1 hit too? I managed to kill 2 scouts while jumping and aiming to the side.
You have to be behind them. That is, your attack has to hit them on the back 50% of their hitbox. Meaning it's very possible to backstab someone when just barely hitting their "back".

Capndrake

Kulock said:

This person's backpack

I'm serious.
That's actually a bad deal. (Really good) Unusuals are worth about 120+, it's just that nobody ever trades them for refined, always other hats. Less risky that way too.

Proven

Ok, I spent too much time crafting during the fall. This is all I have left. I need to get more hats for classes I don't play.

2db3z89.jpg

I also have 8 crates and green paint on the next page.

Spy has to be the worst class to play when you're lagged to hell. I can't believe I missed a Heavy that was just standing there shooting and I killed a Scout that was like 2 meters away from me.

My ping was around 400(!!) last night, dunno why.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sgt.Pepper said:

As long as you aim at the area behind where they are looking, it will work on any class. Which is why the main tactic to try and keep from being back stabbed it to keep your eye on the spy if he pops up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drkirby said:
Yeah, I'll take you up on that. I should be back in my room a bit after 4pm EST.

And enzo, any will do. I'll take a jag, but I not being to picky, any 1:1 trade will do, just trying to pass along my stuff before I craft it away since far to often I see people wishing for item x when I just crated 8 of them away the day before.

Hey dude, what's your steam ID so I can trade you?

Yasae

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:

Yeah, you really just have to get in range to stab - that's the hard part and the one I most respect. The actual stabbing could be done by a blind two year old the hitbox is so enormous. I've gotten stabs I never even wanted just because they're so easy once you're in range. Sometimes it'll glitch on you 3 or 4 times in a row where no stabs connect and then give you an obvious facestab, thus giving your points back. I bet there's some odd chaotic order they have programmed in there.

Speaking of cheesy hitboxes, I got sniper milestone 3 on degroot keep last night with the huntsman. Even garbage shots like me can rack up points easily with that thing. It has about a 90% chance to headshot at close range, a 100% chance to headshot in vents, random headshots you never have to aim for and probably can't aim for anyway, and possible flame damage. I don't think I've seen one animation that looked like a headshot and actually was one. It's always been: kneecap? Oh, that's a headshot. Elbow? That's a headshot. Thigh? That's a headshot.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yasae said:
Yeah, you really just have to get in range to stab - that's the hard part and the one I most respect. The actual stabbing could be done by a blind two year old the hitbox is so enormous. I've gotten stabs I never even wanted just because they're so easy once you're in range. Sometimes it'll glitch on you 3 or 4 times in a row where no stabs connect and then give you an obvious facestab, thus giving your points back. I bet there's some odd chaotic order they have programmed in there.

Speaking of cheesy hitboxes, I got sniper milestone 3 on degroot keep last night with the huntsman. Even garbage shots like me can rack up points easily with that thing. It has about a 90% chance to headshot at close range, a 100% chance to headshot in vents, random headshots you never have to aim for and probably can't aim for anyway, and possible flame damage. I don't think I've seen one animation that looked like a headshot and actually was one. It's always been: kneecap? Oh, that's a headshot. Elbow? That's a headshot. Thigh? That's a headshot.
Really? I get lots of regular "arrow" kills with the Huntsman, I can tell from the kill icon. Far far more then I get headshots.

Clydefrog

Yeah, the huntsman's headshot hitbox is generous but Yasae is exagerrating too much.

Then again, I was playing cp_aqua once, stepping onto a lift/elevator when an enemy demoman jumps on top of me from above. I shoot my arrow and BOOM! headshot! from below! :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:
The worst thing about Huntsman headshots is when you see a Heavy with an arrow in his face. YOU SHOULD BE DEAD.
Huntsman only head shots when fully drawn back, like the snipper riffle and charging. At least I think so.

Clydefrog

Forkball said:
The worst thing about Huntsman headshots is when you see a Heavy with an arrow in his face. YOU SHOULD BE DEAD.

Oooooh, hate that :|

However, it IS really satisfying putting consecutive arrows into a heavy's face, killing him, while he's being healed by a medic :D

Yeef

Team Fortress 2
Added Loch-n-Load kill icon.
Added the mini-sentry kill icon.
Fixed the Kritzkrieg charge deployed sound getting stuck on.
Fixed the Heavy's fists not playing the critical hit animation.
Item Whitelist improvements by request:
The "mp_tournament_restart" command will now force the whitelist to reload.
Setting "unlisted_items_default_to" "1" will cause the whitelist to act as a blacklist.
Setting a specific item to "1" or "0" will override the whitelist/blacklist default.

Gonna update the server...

[Edit] Done.

Wow! Some Sniper always go to the same place, I was dominating one who always went to the same spot. He ragequit saying "fucking spy!!!!!"; shit was hilarious. :lol

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
Wow! Some Sniper always go to the same place, I was dominating one who always went to the same spot. He ragequit saying "fucking spy!!!!!"; shit was hilarious. :lol
I was playing the other days and stabbed a sniper wearing the razorback then of course he came after me. I cloaked hid in the corner right next to him and he immediately went right back to his sniping. Uncloaked and stabbed him. Situational awareness and knowing when to run away are two skills that both spies and snipers need. If you don't have them then you'd better get them!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
Gonna update the server...

[Edit] Done.
That explains why when I tried playing TF2 suddenly all there wasn't any servers.

Tron Fortress 2
Would be great if you can force it upon everyone on some custom map, likely a Payload map with a Tron cart.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jroderton said:
This the same game from Orange Box on 360? If so, does anyone play it, or is it mostly PC?
The PC version has 150+ updates and fixes and tripling to quadrupling of content over the course of 3 years. Naturally, most of the people only play on PC, where the community is much healthier. Not sure about numbers of people on the 360 though.

Yeef

Jroderton said:
This the same game from Orange Box on 360? If so, does anyone play it, or is it mostly PC?
There have been a few people in this thread that have played the 360 version, but they all basically came in here saying "hey, I'm migrating to the PC version and need some advice."

The PC version is much, much different than the console versions (and undoubtedly more active) to the point that comparing them is almost pointless. If you don't already have it, I'd recommend picking up the PC version. It was on sale for $5 a couple weeks ago, but it's always only $10 at Amazon. It's even got free shipping.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The console version still have the original 6 maps, half of which are of questionable quality, while the PC version has 46 official maps and the ability to play custom maps.

Including reskins, things you can't kill people with, and PDAs, there are now 104 weapons (I know the names to 104 weapons o_O) , compared to the 30 in the stock game.

Taunt attacks have been added, most of which are viable situational attacks, pyro has been given the air blast, the engineer the ability to pick up his weapons, and tons of unlockable weapons really change the mechanics to the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drkirby said:
The console version still have the original 6 maps, half of which are of questionable quality, while the PC version has 46 official maps and the ability to play custom maps.

Including reskins, things you can't kill people with, and PDAs, there are now 104 weapons (I know the names to 104 weapons o_O) , compared to the 30 in the stock game.

Taunt attacks have been added, most of which are viable situational attacks, pyro has been given the air blast, the engineer the ability to pick up his weapons, and tons of unlockable weapons really change the mechanics to the game.
Holy shit I can't even picture pyro without airblast. Did 360 version even get demo nerfs?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, when the page gets full, I just craft away. I may hold onto the new weapons for a while, but pretty often I find people still don't have Polycount stuff or even older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom