• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Ooooo!

7KqAY.jpg

They are adding a new doorway and a dock to that choke in Granary (my favorite map) Its accessible from the inside, and from the outside by some or all classes if you jump off of the water hose and onto the dock from there (they added the hose to both sides of the map)

intent.jpg

13857426.jpg

Should be interesting.

Yeef

That's been in the beta since the beta began. It was one of the things they were testing. There's also a 5cp version of Gorge.

Is there a good place to get a listing of hat tiers and respective metal values? Especially if it includes more popular unusuals. It's kind of hard to get a feeling on how much items are generally worth, I have some idea from looking at the SourceOP and Steam TF2 trading forums, but I remember there being a hat tier list I can't find anymore. And I'm also worried the two unusuals I want are going to be some of the most expensive, since they're "burning flames" on Pyro hats.

It's kind of interesting to find out I could make $200 by selling off my Max set, earbuds, and Soldier medal.

Goon Boon

Banned
Kulock said:
Is there a good place to get a listing of hat tiers and respective metal values? Especially if it includes more popular unusuals. It's kind of hard to get a feeling on how much items are generally worth, I have some idea from looking at the SourceOP and Steam TF2 trading forums, but I remember there being a hat tier list I can't find anymore. And I'm also worried the two unusuals I want are going to be some of the most expensive, since they're "burning flames" on Pyro hats.

It's kind of interesting to find out I could make $200 by selling off my Max set, earbuds, and Soldier medal.

Well I could help you out a bit. Soldier ones are invariably worth more than any other unusual. Kabuto and Spartan are right now the top soldier ones. Also, soldier medals usually go for more the lower the number they are (outside of highly wanted #s like 1337 or 666 or 69). Pyro with flames are worth more that normal unusuals (pretty much all heavy ones outside of hound dog and the new one don't go for alot, for example), but ever since the paint update on the max head getting a pyro unusual with flames (merry and brigade go for more than two max heads each, others are about 1) should only take the max head (apparently the pistol set sells for like $50, not sure on the exact cost right now).

Yeah, one of the two Pyro hats I was thinking about was the Brigade Helmet with flames, I guess that was too obvious. Well, some things to think about, I guess, thanks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wolf Akela said:
Use it with Caber since you never take damage with Caber explosion.
It would be a better idea if you didn't take tons of extra damage from everything when you had it. If you could respawn the stick though, it would be great.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
cooljeanius said:
I take it you never use the Backburner?
Not unless I'm in specific, specific scenarios.

Like when I just want to mess around with something I haven't used in a long, long time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drkirby said:
Well, if there was going to be an update, it would have to be really soon.

Maybe a new arena map, 1Fort :lol
Cool, we need more KotH maps anyways. More KotH the better.

Guys I played TF2 for a bit when it first got released, never really "got" it but I'm willing to try now :) Is it to late now ? I mean with all the new mechanics and stuff (crafting and new weapons)?
Also are there maps and gameplay matches I should avoid when starting?

Thank you for your time

Melhisedek said:
Guys I played TF2 for a bit when it first got released, never really "got" it but I'm willing to try now :) Is it to late now ? I mean with all the new mechanics and stuff (crafting and new weapons)?

Thank you for your time
It's never too late. I started playing the game December last year when I built my first-ever gaming PC. You will learn and learn to love it. I've never played PC games before but I'd say I'm not half bad for a newbie.

Proven

Melhisedek said:

Thank you for your time

Are you Euro GAF or in NA? If NA just stop on the server any night and jump in and play. You will have a ton of questions. We're all happy to answer them for you.

Otherwise someone might have to write a 10 page Guide to the Progress of TF2 for you.

Proven

A good chunk of the play time happens 9pm-12am EST...

People are on earlier than that, but the server itself doesn't usually fill up until there's a critical amount and then someone sends out a notice through the group. Or if there's an update. Maybe you'll need to friend a few people and follow them around...

Yeef

Ever since the most recent patch (the one that fixed the kritz noise) I've been getting horribly frame drops like every 30 seconds. it's dipped as low as 12 FPS when I normally get about 45~60. It's ridiculous.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Melhisedek said:

Thank you for your time
Yes yes yes. I tried TF2 for a bit and nothing clicked, but my second go around everything is amazing and its never stopping.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I'm getting pretty confident that item drops are crashing my game. That's three times in a row now that the game will crash or disconnect the server on me, and next time I boot up there's an item waiting for me.

Yasae

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Really? I get lots of regular "arrow" kills with the Huntsman, I can tell from the kill icon. Far far more then I get headshots.
Far far more? No way. 70% regular kills, 30% headshots. It's that the latter doesn't really appear to connect for most hits.

And if you're at moderate or close range in a vent, it's 0% regular kills and 100% headshots. I've never seen anyone dodge it. It's more broken than all the weapons in TF2 combined - when in vents, which is thankfully rare (annoying on Turbine though.)

The huntsman's not my bane or anything, but it awards a few extra kills where there would usually be none.

Yasae said:
And if you're at moderate or close range in a vent, it's 0% regular kills and 100% headshots. I've never seen anyone dodge it. It's more broken than all the weapons in TF2 combined - when in vents, which is thankfully rare (annoying on Turbine though.)

Wow, something is broken on Turbine? Who would have guessed.

Forkball said:
The vents are the best part of Turbine. There should be an all vents map.

This I could agree with. Just long, splintering mazes of vents, where the intel appears in any one of multiple random spots, and you have no idea where or when you'll bump into somebody.

I actually wanted to do something like this with a pipe maze of sorts, sort of like in SMB3, with swimmable water suspended in the pipes so you could travel them vertically. Never really messed with the editor though, I'm not even sure if you could put water in that way.

Proven

Charron said:
I'm getting pretty confident that item drops are crashing my game. That's three times in a row now that the game will crash or disconnect the server on me, and next time I boot up there's an item waiting for me.

Valve needs to fix this. Hats shouldn't be hurting people, much less the chance of hats.

Kulock said:
This I could agree with. Just long, splintering mazes of vents, where the intel appears in any one of multiple random spots, and you have no idea where or when you'll bump into somebody.

I actually wanted to do something like this with a pipe maze of sorts, sort of like in SMB3, with swimmable water suspended in the pipes so you could travel them vertically. Never really messed with the editor though, I'm not even sure if you could put water in that way.

The next melee only level could do something like this, although it'd probably be narrow and dark caverns instead of vents.

yeoz

Charron said:
Seems like this would be easy enough to test. Use textmode idling and hit your drop cap, and then, you shouldn't crash again, if it's item-drop related. If you do crash after you've hit your drop limit, then, it's not item-drop related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom