• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Yeah, I could have sworn I've seen ArtistDude post on GAF before, maybe it was someone with a very similar name.

And it seems like the overlords of GAF approved a new batch of juniors. Protip: Wait until you are a member before you do stupid shit that will get you banned.

Twig

Banned
Forkball said:
Yeah, I could have sworn I've seen ArtistDude post on GAF before, maybe it was someone with a very similar name.

And it seems like the overlords of GAF approved a new batch of juniors. Protip: Wait until you are a member before you do stupid shit that will get you banned.
Nonsense!

Stupid away!

Look at me, I'm fine!

lonewolf80

Neo Member
Just got my account validated to day, but I have to agree: the trading system doesn't really work as intended. Sure crates are tradable, but everyone knows that nowadays almost nobody wants the crates (they're mostly not worth the investment put into them with keys, and you can make scrap out of them). The only people who will take crates at all will be people will the keys, which also mans those said people will be very picky about which specific crates they want(A good example is during Winter '10. People went nuts over the Christmas crates, and the value of those crates were insanely high, due to the chance of getting a hat or a new item). Valve should easily fix this by limiting the amount of "junk items" one can find in a crate, and make the "scrappable".

Also, I don't understand how some hats and accessories can be worth that much. Last I checked, a pair of Mac earbuds were worth around $20 in USD, and Max's head was worth around $80!

Oreoleo

ArtistDude88 said:
Thanks Java! BTW, I'm playing TF2 more again... You should too! ;)
And I'm playing more again too! Double excuse to start playing again Java. Though he hasn't been playing much of anything lately, maybe life is busy.

Also, welcome ArtistDude :) Took long enough!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MrMister said:
I just played the worst 6 hours of straight playing in my 3-year-career of TF2. Played around 50 games on the SourceOP servers on their all game mode server, won about 4 in addition to getting in the bottom 5 players out of 16 on my team ALL THE TIME.

I feel like I don't know this game anymore, either that or 'pros' have taken over the game and I'm too rusty, either way I miss the days I got 3:1 KDR.
You play too 'cute'.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Sydney Sleeper one hit killing an enemy sniper at max health is such fucking bullshit.

Yeef

EatChildren said:
The Sydney Sleeper one hit killing an enemy sniper at max health is such fucking bullshit.
Why? A Sniper Rifle would do the same thing; as would a huntsman. With the Sleeper you have to have a near-ful charge for a 1-shot kill, whereas with the Sniper Rifle you can do a quick-scope headshot. I don't see what the problem is.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeef said:
Why? A Sniper Rifle would do the same thing; as would a huntsman. With the Sleeper you have to have a near-ful charge for a 1-shot kill, whereas with the Sniper Rifle you can do a quick-scope headshot. I don't see what the problem is.

Because I keep dying and its making me rage.

Yeef said:
Java is a dirty quitter!

He should at least play Monday Night Combat with us!
I'm surprised we don't have a MNC Community thread. Give me a shout if you want to play MNC; I usually play with a handful of real-life friends, but I'd love to play with you guys as well.

Yeef

EatChildren said:
You'd still be dying if it were a regular rifle though (unless you're playing the beta). In fact, there's a chance you'd be dying faster via headshots!

Tiny update:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Fixed a server crash exploit caused by malformed network packets

Team Fortress 2
Fixed the Amputator and the Crusader's Crossbow healing teammates that have the Equalizer as their active weapon
Updated the Red team skin for the Fists of Steel

The Equalizer should just stop the Medigun, I feel.

Always thought ArtistDude was a member. Just thought he stopped posting. Shows how much I know. Congratulations for being approved too ArtistDude!

yeoz

ArtistDude88 said:
Thanks Java! BTW, I'm playing TF2 more again... You should too! ;)
Remind me never to give you anything again. :D
Getting killed by that loch-n-load I gave you is so depressing :(

Nikolai13

Neo Member
First off, Welcome Artist!

I was sifting through the steam forums today and I read someone that posted about gambling a max head to do a spycrab match. I mean, seriously, that is sad. Anyone else heard of this?

Proven

Kuro Madoushi said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ONJpa8aCc

I've only lobbyed with him a bit and spoken to him a bit over mumble, but a lot of people hate Yz50. He's been cool with me though, and god DAMN I hate playing against him.

DM server? Fuck did I get raped...

Yz50 is the only thing that makes half of all tf2 comp games entertaining. He's probably the only reason I'm watching anything from this season.

ArtistDude, damn, I was sure I saw you post before too. Cool to see the thread filling with life again.

EatChildren said:

And I can agree with this, just with Snipers in general. And sometimes Spies.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
I can take solace with the sniper ordeal. As a medic, it does get a tad annoying being body shot to death at full health, but I give them the benefit of the doubt that they were "aiming for my head" :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nikolai13 said:
@Kuro

Hate as in he's a jerk or just hate playing against him?
No more tf2 for Kuro? :(
I've heard 'he's annoying' and he's 'overrated'

But again, I never had a beef with him and he provided my comp team back then some pointers.

Granted my scout skills suck, but I'm hardpressed to name another well-known scout. He's primarily known since he was relatively new and was fragging everything in sight.

And yeah, I'm like most of GAF, talk about more than play games. Quit for about...2 months now? Put 1500 plus hours of non-idling into this timesink.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Sigh. Yeah, I'm sure that would be more than enough time into the game haha. Well thanks for the games. Playing anything good lately?

Twig

Banned
abunai said:
hi gaf
Shame the TF2 server is in Texas, although I might try play later on if you don't mind a 150 pinging player.
Unless the old guard has been completely replaced by assholes, no one gives a shit about a high ping.

(Except Yasae. O;)

abunai

Twig said:
Unless the old guard has been completely replaced by assholes, no one gives a shit about a high ping.

(Except Yasae. O;)

Cool, i'll try jump on the server next time there's a game going.

And if you guys like frag movies, check out my
terrible
team's movie

Twig

Banned
abunai said:
Cool, i'll try jump on the server next time there's a game going.

And if you guys like frag movies, check out my
terrible
team's movie
Oh shit, that's my favorite frag vid. Has been for a long while. It's just so well done.

O:

abunai

Twig said:
Oh shit, that's my favorite frag vid. Has been for a long while. It's just so well done.

O:

Awesome, I'll let jem (the editor) know there's another fan :D. Shame he's off being busy at Oxford uni, cos we had plans for a second movie. Maybe it'll appear in the summer but I doubt it.

Instro

So some dude just offered me a ton of shit for my vintage axetinguisher even though he already had one. Im assuming its something to do with mine being level 100? I vaguely remember that items dont drop with random levels like they used too or something.

IceMarker

Instro said:
So some dude just offered me a ton of shit for my vintage axetinguisher even though he already had one. Im assuming its something to do with mine being level 100? I vaguely remember that items dont drop with random levels like they used too or something.
I have a few random leveled items from that brief time as well, they are certainly rare nowadays.

So tonight was a good night for me. Broke my record for backstabs for Spy, headshots for Sniper (or was it kills?), and kill assists for Medic. Maybe I'm getting better at this game? Or maybe I was just lucky...

Instro

cooljeanius said:
So tonight was a good night for me. Broke my record for backstabs for Spy, headshots for Sniper (or was it kills?), and kill assists for Medic. Maybe I'm getting better at this game? Or maybe I was just lucky...

How many?

Forkball

So for the second time in a week, I found a hat: Shooter's Sola Topi. None of the Sniper hats are really cool (hell, he already has a hat), so I decided to craft it with my old Scout hat I don't wear anymore. The result is... Bloke's Bucket Hat. That's even a worse Sniper hat!

Instro

cooljeanius said:
6 (one of them was a facestab though)

Edit: just checked your stats on Steam... now I feel kinda embarrassed in comparison...

Eh dont be, a 6 backstab streak is very respectable. How long have you been playing anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom