• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
LOL TRADES

I still need;
- Brass Beast
- Warrior's Spirit
- Crusader's Crossbow

Everything on page 5 of my backpack and the crates on page 4 are up for trade.

Man, it feels good playing TF2 again! Just wish the server would insta-fill to max like it use to! I will beat it into ya'll to join immediately with my nightly announcements :)

EatChildren said:
- Brass Beast
- Warrior's Spirit
- Crusader's Crossbow

I also need these! And that Medic saw... Amputator I think it was. Oh and also the Heavy's Steak... Boy I'm missing more than I thought I was, lol.

Instro said:
Eh dont be, a 6 backstab streak is very respectable. How long have you been playing anyway?
First started playing with the free weekend for the Mac Update, then Schmattakopf sent me a play pass around the Engineer Update, then I finally bought it for myself when it went on sale for the Mannconomy Update. Steam says I've played 376 hours...

Bluth54

Forkball said:
Frontier looks really interesting.
Yeah of those 3 maps the only one I've played before they were made official was Frontier and it's a lot of fun. The cart on frontier is particularity neat.

Bluth54 said:
Yeah of those 3 maps the only one I've played before they were made official was Frontier and it's a lot of fun. The cart on frontier is particularity neat.

And a quick hint to those who haven't played it before: don't stand in front of it when it's moving.

So I played Frontier. It's not a new map. I played it over a year and a half ago.

EDIT: Seems to be the case for many other GAF users here as well.

Twig

Banned
Frontier and Nightfall are both pretty old.

Never heard of Lakeside before, but it's probably in the same boat. People don't play KOTH as much, is probably why I've never seen it.

Blizzard

Banned
I like lakeside. I like the graphical theme and it seems like a decent KOTH map. Frontier is decent as long as the hill of death isn't a problem...I noticed some walls and halls got moved around a bit. I also noticed it looks like the train was made lower-poly, so presumably it won't kill people's framerate as much.

I'm not sure about nightfall. It didn't strike me as especially awesome or terrible I guess.

Twig

Banned
Wolf Akela said:
A lot of people here are forgetting the "community" part of the community map update.
I am not sure how you came to this conclusion.

"Community" doesn't negate the possibility of new maps. There've been past community maps that were much younger in their lifespan than these are.

P.S. Are you a furry or is your name/avatar an ultimate trolling technique.

P.P.S. Seriously, I can't not think that. It's just impossible.

P.P.P.S. Yes, I'm judging you!

I had to quit, I have to get up early and I'm waaaaay past my sleep time. I think I did pretty good as a Sniper, at least I didn't get dominated once!

Which community maps were introduced into the official rotation brand new? Lots of them got into the official rotation due to sheer popularity. Only one I can remember being brand were the event maps. Still, don't expect community map updates to always be new.

I'm not a furry. I find anthromorphic drawings downright disturbing. I do like animal characters a lot though.

Twig

Banned
Wolf Akela said:
Which community maps were introduced into the official rotation brand new? Lots of them got into the official rotation due to sheer popularity. Only one I can remember being brand were the event maps. Still, don't expect community map updates to always be new.
I dunno if any were BRAND NEW, but I think a couple were a few months old. Frontier's been around for over a year, easily. I don't think anyone's really complaining, though. Just commenting.

I'm not a furry. I find anthromorphic drawings downright disturbing. I do like animal characters a lot though.
YOUR REPUTATION IS SAFE.

Animal characters are boss. It's a shame furries seem to love ruining that shit. J:

Forkball

I played Frontier and Nightfall on the GAF server tonight. Can't say much about Frontier since I only played for a few minutes. I'm surprised the cart is so big though. While I normally dislike PLR, Nightfall is pretty interesting. There are a lot of alternate paths, which make playing as a Pyro or Spy a lot of fun.

More maps is the one type of big update I want to see most. New items and hats are great and all, but they've introduced so many of them in the past few months that I'd like to see them shift back towards making (or uh, taking from the community) unique and innovative maps.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
WARTIME!

011DF571D42D10B7E35F3EA4943A64118B706FFB

I think the achievement for getting 3 dominations in a life as Soldier is glitched for me, because I did that tonight but didn't get the achievement... or does it not check for dominations until you die? That would make sense, as 2 of them got revenge on me simultaneously to end my streak...

DogWelder

Kirby you should be ashamed of yourself for continuing to use a trackball mouse. You have plateaued at a very low level because of that thing.

Cipherr

cooljeanius said:
6 (one of them was a facestab though)

Edit: just checked your stats on Steam... now I feel kinda embarrassed in comparison...

How can you check and see how many youve gotten in one life? I lost track once I stopped getting close to my backstab record and that box stopped popping up when I died.

I think I'm going to start playing Spy more again, get my mojo back that I had long ago. So watch your backs! There might be a failspy behind you!

By the way, was there a graphical update recently? I noticed the overall color tone has been darkened but special effects such as flames or medic healing auras have been brightened?

Instro

BloodySinner said:
By the way, was there a graphical update recently? I noticed the overall color tone has been darkened but special effects such as flames or medic healing auras have been brightened?

I thought the pyro's flame looked slightly different than usual, figured it was just my imagination. Was on the GAF server earlier, good group was on although I didnt recognize any of them. There was this weird foreign kid with a really bad accent yelling about America or something, strange as fuck lol.

esc said:
Kirby you should be ashamed of yourself for continuing to use a trackball mouse. You have plateaued at a very low level because of that thing.

I gave him endless crap for it...but hey, if he's happy.....XD

BALLS OF STEE-TRACK

Twig

Banned
esc said:
Meh, he plays nothing but pyro anyway.

I miss when airblasting was a serious judgment call whether it was worth the impact on your ammo. Get anywhere near a Pyro now and they start puff-spamming until one of them catches you, and from then they pretty much control the fight.

Instro said:
I thought the pyro's flame looked slightly different than usual, figured it was just my imagination.
Something that wasn't noted in the previous patch's notes (the one before last), according to the wiki:
Undocumented changes
Several particle effects, including unusual hats, teleporters, and Medi Gun beams, were updated. Others include Flamethrower Fire and Critical Rocket/Pipe/Stickies. These changes do not apply to ATi graphics card users and some others.
Several UIs were updated, including the scoreboard, kill notifications, and the server browser.

Blizzard

Banned
Kulock said:
I miss when airblasting was a serious judgment call whether it was worth the impact on your ammo. Get anywhere near a Pyro now and they start puff-spamming until one of them catches you, and from then they pretty much control the fight.
Pyros, as a primarily close-range class, tend to be stronger at close range than at long range. You may wish to engage them from long range where they cannot puff you in the air. ;p

Yeef

Kulock said:
I miss when afterburn actually mattered.

TeegsD

Alright, I haven't played this game much since August. I tried playing it whenever I went home during breaks but all this new items stuff and the trading kinda turned me off of it. Now I wanna jump back in it but my schools internet doesnt allow for gaming online due to the huge lag. Is there a way I can go about making a game of just bots and myself so I can at least play?

corn_fest

BLSwagger10 said:
Alright, I haven't played this game much since August. I tried playing it whenever I went home during breaks but all this new items stuff and the trading kinda turned me off of it. Now I wanna jump back in it but my schools internet doesnt allow for gaming online due to the huge lag. Is there a way I can go about making a game of just bots and myself so I can at least play?
ZNGzn.png

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
ArtistDude88 said:
I think I'm going to start playing Spy more again

mother of god.

Also what's with this crap of Java playing on the server and not saying anything. I don't know which color bastards to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom