• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Lazies!

Here, I created a universal account that anyone can use. Quote this post and you'll be able to see it.
Well since you were so nice to make an account and everything, I'll check it out. :D

Nikolai13

Neo Member
890046C5E6B09F5E6455E0E2A1E365F393E1E9A2

Look at all of those cool people...

OH wait, that was us

Forkball

I wish the Steam screenshots wouldn't turn out so jaggy. The images I take look way worse than what's in game. But I guess that happens with any screenshot you take.

And on Tuesday or Wednesday, the Rift preorder bonus ends, so we should be able to craft the Pyro lava axe and Scout stick this week.

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball said:
I wish the Steam screenshots wouldn't turn out so jaggy. The images I take look way worse than what's in game. But I guess that happens with any screenshot you take.

And on Tuesday or Wednesday, the Rift preorder bonus ends, so we should be able to craft the Pyro lava axe and Scout stick this week.
Oh, new craftable stuff. I guess that means I shouldn't have crafted like 30 duplicate items yesterday.

And if you use something like Fraps, your screenshots should turn out pretty much identical to what's ingame. You can have Fraps save them as BMP, and then use a tool like IrfanView to convert them into 95% or better quality JPEGs.

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
I stopped after ten minutes of Archer.
The last ten minutes were hilarious, where they made fun of people named "Twig".

...but no, as much as it pains me to agree with Twig about anything, it was not really funny and was kinda obnoxious and stuff. It's like, Family Guy with better art. :|

Plus, presumably someone on NeoGAF was trying to watch it at the same time as me so it kept freezing every minute and a half and I would have to reload.

Cipherr

No fez drop again this week. This is madness, the rate of drops for the hats are so bad. It would be ok if they werent part of the set. Extremely lame.

Forkball

Cipherr said:
No fez drop again this week. This is madness, the rate of drops for the hats are so bad. It would be ok if they werent part of the set. Extremely lame.
Yeah, I'm surprised there hasn't been a patch to remove hats from the set bonus. In the Christmas update they didn't have any of the hats as part of the set bonuses so I one would assume Valve realized it was a bad idea.

Yeef

They won't remove hats from the set bonus. Many people bought the sets when the Mann-Conomy patch dropped to get the bonuses. There'd be a huge uproar from those people if the hats were removed from the set.

I think the best solution would be to greatly reduce the cost to make the set hats and/or make the set hats drop much more frequently. Items that affect gameplay shouldn't be nearly as hard to acquire as the polycount hats are.

Yeef said:
I think the best solution would be to greatly reduce the cost to make the set hats and/or make the set hats drop much more frequently. Items that affect gameplay shouldn't be nearly as hard to acquire as the polycount hats are.

I think they should just make all hats that are required for a set bonus be craftable. I think the Polycount hats are already craftable... I'm not sure if any newer hats are required for set bonuses... Maybe they did learn their lesson.

Yeef

Polycount Hats are craftable and they're the only ones required in set bonuses. The problem is that a polycount hat takes 4 refined + a weapon. Getting all 5 takes a long ass time since it's so expensive to craft.

You can always just trade for them. Back then you could get a Fez for 2 refined, although nowadays they sell for roughly 1 ref + 1 rec.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wolf Akela said:
You can always just trade for them. Back then you could get a Fez for 2 refined, although nowadays they sell for roughly 1 ref + 1 rec.
Someone told me this too.

I want a Fez so I can run around like a retard spy uncloaking behind people.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Asshole fucking medics who arn't interested in anyone but a fucking heavy can lick my balls. Heal the whole team you shit tramps.

Yeef

The worst is team-stacking, pocket medics. Doesn't really happen on the GAF server, but on a lot of other servers it's a huge problem. Two friends that join up, jump on the same team with one playing a medic that heals only his buddy.

Cipherr

Yeef said:
The worst is team-stacking, pocket medics. Doesn't really happen on the GAF server, but on a lot of other servers it's a huge problem. Two friends that join up, jump on the same team with one playing a medic that heals only his buddy.

Learn something new everyday on GAF lol. I am guilty of doing this. I play a medic sometimes and will join the games people on my friends list are in and heal them. We win games that way, but I never thought that other people on the team would be annoyed by it. Those perfectly coordinated ubers and dedicated heals at opportune times wins games. And me and a friend coordinating via in game chat causes the other players on the team to cooperate also, pushing when we say we are and the like.

Forkball

Cipherr said:
Learn something new everyday on GAF lol. I am guilty of doing this. I play a medic sometimes and will join the games people on my friends list are in and heal them. We win games that way, but I never thought that other people on the team would be annoyed by it. Those perfectly coordinated ubers and dedicated heals at opportune times wins games. And me and a friend coordinating via in game chat causes the other players on the team to cooperate also, pushing when we say we are and the like.
They're only annoyed if you just heal your friend while everyone else is on fire. Medics need to spread the love. But I can understand the frustration in having your Heavy die just because you leave him alone for a second.

Medic healing Heavy: Wow, I'm getting so many assists!
Scout on fire with half health: HEAL ME
Medic: Ok, only for a bit though.
*HEAVY DIES*

But if you want to talk about annoying, how about Soldiers with Equalizers running past Medics to heal back at spawn?

Yeef said:

I hate that with a passion. They don't even have to be pocket medics but rather medics who don't know how to use uber. Maybe I`m crazy but anytime there's a demo right there and all of the building are way in the back you shouldn't give it to heavy.

Also not being healed/past 50% is annoying but I understand you have other customers.

Yeef

Lionheart1337 said:
I hate that with a passion. They don't even have to be pocket medics but rather medics who don't know how to use uber. Maybe I`m crazy but anytime there's a demo right there and all of the building are way in the back you shouldn't give it to heavy.

Also not being healed/past 50% is annoying but I understand you have other customers.
Well, ubering a whole different issue. It's pretty crazy how many medics don't realize that sentries target the enemies closest to them and the medic's faster speed means he's less affected by the knockback than the slow, powerful classes. When trying to uber down a sentry nest the medic should always go in first.

Lionheart1337 said:

That's one of the nice things about the Amputator. You're very vulnerable for a moment (keep your back to a wall, and expect a Spy to run up and take wild swings at you hoping for a stab), but the AoE is pretty big, and the healing effect decent for covering such a large crowd. No Uber gained, but when you're team's pretty much a defense wall, it can be good to top everyone off simultaneously.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It annoyed me because I was Scout, had a slither of health left, and the Medic had plenty of time to heal me up. Sure, if it were in the thick of battle it might be a different problem, but it wasn't. I stood there, in front fo him, while the heavy and medic camped, and he just wouldn't spare the couple of seconds it would take to heal me, and benefit his uber.

So I had to treck and find some health, and ended up getting killed in the process.

As pretty much anybody will say, a good medic can be a game changer. Heal the whole friggen team. Be smart about it, of course, but if people are on fire or on the fringe of death it really doesn't hurt to heal them for a couple of seconds to give them a boost. It helps the entire team, and it stops me from raging.

It didnt help that this was happening in what was a legitimate contender for the worst match I ever had.

TeegsD

Erasus said:
Oh your computer is really good...
If it locks up like that maybe its an overheating problem? It is a laptop after all. Check the temps http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Sorry this is late and all but here are the temps:

Not on TF2 - http://i.imgur.com/Y2Xw2.png

During a game of TF2 with 16 players/bots - http://i.imgur.com/uCER2.png

@Yeef- You said to defrag using HLExtract, where do I go about doing that?

Also with only 15 other bots, the lags not as bad but it definitely still lags.

TeegsD

Wolf Akela said:
Those are really high temps. I wouldn't be surprised if it's your laptop preventing itself from overheating.

This thing always runs pretty hot but it's never caused this before. Also thanks Yeef, I'll do that once I'm back in the dorm. Speaking of which in terms of the offline practice, are they going to be adding more maps such as 2Fort?

Wolf Akela said:

I don't know where you trade, but I've never seen prices regularly that low.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
What surprises me most about pocket Medics is the fact that your Uber count builds faster when you are healing others injured. Not only that, but overbuffing everyone around you makes yourself last that tiny bit longer during an encounter since your team will stand on their two legs longer.

I also try spreading out the Ubers as much as I can, especially if I'm the only Medic on the team. Yeah it might be sensible to Uber the top guy over and over again because he is getting the kills or assists, but it means nothing in situations where you need other classes or to simply scare away the opposition for a bit of a breather. Especially since this is just a game and everyone is here to ultimately have fun - everyone wants to cop an Uber to wreck shit; if they miss everything, so what? I'll build it up again.

Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2
Added the Hero's Hachimaki for pre-ordering Homefront

Preorder items for buying games on Steam again.

Edit: Picture, from the Wiki but not implemented right yet. It's a headband, it apparently overlaps people's eyes, like in the promo image for Homefront:

TF2HerosHachimaki.jpg

Looks like it might be Soldier-only.

Cipherr

Yeef said:
Well, ubering a whole different issue. It's pretty crazy how many medics don't realize that sentries target the enemies closest to them and the medic's faster speed means he's less affected by the knockback than the slow, powerful classes. When trying to uber down a sentry nest the medic should always go in first.

Holy shit I didnt know that, good shit. Thanks.

I really want them to toss up an advanced knee replacement item for a portal 2 pre order. I would so love that.

250px-Advanced_Knee_Replacement_zoom.jpg

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Yeef said:

I do this all the time, but the annoying thing is when the person I uber can't take out the sentry so I can absolutely flattened when the uber dies out.

Also, I guess I'm guilty of pocketing but that's usually just with my brother which I don't think anyone would mind if they knew, but my brother is good enough where I can still fulfill my duties to the entire team. Now, on a team with 16 people and 1 medic, don't get mad haha.

That homefront bandana looks really cool. I'm sort of tempted especially since it comes with Metro 2033.

If anyone ever hates their medic, feel free to call me into duty =p

It's a new soldier hat

It's currently untradeable, but genuine. I expect it will be added to the drop system as a regular soldier hat after the promo is over. There'd be no other reason why it would be genuine.

Forkball

When I saw that TF2 had updated I certainly didn't expect... that. It looks kinda cool though and fits the Soldier. But it's pretty clear that they'll do a promo item for any game now.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Forkball said:
When I saw that TF2 had updated I certainly didn't expect... that. It looks kinda cool though and fits the Soldier. But it's pretty clear that they'll do a promo item for any game now.

Yea, obviously anything goes with promos, but that is a decent hat.

I also love how much shit they're giving away with Homefront pre-orders. If it didn't seem to play like yet another CoD I might be interested...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom