• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeegsD

Drkirby said:
Try blowing into the fan vent.

Yeah, Im gonna bring it by the computer lab I work at because they have compressed air cans that I can use.

Also I doubt a cooling pad would work as the fan is on the left side. I always though that was for machines with fans under them. I just wish there was a way to make it so this damn thing didn't make so much noise when watching a live stream or playing a small game such as minecraft. Need to get me a netbook.

Anyways, Ishall post the results of the HLExtract either tomorrow or wednesday depending on my workload. Thanks for all the help thus far guys. Really appreciate it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Would depend on team tbh. If my team was really useless and there were no other medics, you guys can help your damn selves.

A med should spread heals, but people can be real annoying and not bother to ask or do stupid shit to get med killed.

I certainly don't mind pockets in certain circumstances.

snack

qyihr6.jpg

(._.)

Banned
Forkball said:
When I saw that TF2 had updated I certainly didn't expect... that. It looks kinda cool though and fits the Soldier. But it's pretty clear that they'll do a promo item for any game now.
I wish they would do it for actual good games worth spending $50 on, namsayin. Not trying to take shots at Homefront, but cmon. Portal 2 should come with a bunch of TF2 items.

:D :D :D I just got the Foul Territory achievement on Freight. Nailed a heavy with my Sandman and he got ran over by a train. I have nearly 180 hours as a Scout, started playing Scout during the Soldier/Demo war, and it took that long to get this.

jaundicejuice said:
:D :D :D I just got the Foul Territory achievement on Freight. Nailed a heavy with my Sandman and he got ran over by a train. I have nearly 180 hours as a Scout, started playing Scout during the Soldier/Demo war, and it took that long to get this.
Really? This was among the first Scout achievements I got. Specially easy on high tower.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
BloodySinner said:
So... you did not play it?

Nope, but that doesn't mean I can't look at trailers, read previews, and decide based on those that it's an approach to the genre that I've historically not enjoyed.

Frankly, I would be surprised if Valve doesn't release a new hat/item for Portal 2 Pre-order. Many games are coming out with TF2 items, so I expect Valve to do the same.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Really? This was among the first Scout achievements I got. Specially easy on high tower.

I don't go out of my way to complete achievements, I think I still have one more Heavy top punch out with my K.G.B. for example. I just play and stuff happens as it happens. I've launched so many people off of ledges with my FaN, but never stunned and killed them with an environmental hazard.

Now I'm in that weird spot where it's three weird achievements left for Scout. I have 3 people left to kill with the first blood buff (don't really play arena), kill 3 enemies while uber'd (who ever ubers a Scout?) and bean a Scout with their own ball.

I've got four or five classes with one or two achievements left.

Blizzard

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
Frankly, I would be surprised if Valve doesn't release a new hat/item for Portal 2 Pre-order. Many games are coming out with TF2 items, so I expect Valve to do the same.
I keep waiting for the pin or something to show up. I'm sure that Valve will wait until I preorder, and then go "Okay, all the people who preorder FROM THIS POINT ON will get the Portal 2 AwesomePin, but everyone who preordered earlier gets NOTHING."

It'll be great. :(

jaundicejuice said:
Yeah, I never play scout (only 3,999,872,221 hours for me so far), and that achievement seems impossible to me. Even hitting someone with the ball is nearly impossible. Stunning them is impossible since Valve nerfed it and they can still run around now. Hitting someone with a scatter gun is nearly impossibler!

At any rate, how would you even do it on hightower? Wait until someone happens to go onto the tower and happens to jump to their death, and try to hit them midair before they die?

Forkball

I think the Scout achievements are probably the hardest to get. Maybe because Scout is my least played class, but I just got the first milestone a few days ago. So many of them rely on the Sandman or CTF. Plus his "get a lot of kills" achievement is double the other classes.

Blizzard said:
At any rate, how would you even do it on hightower? Wait until someone happens to go onto the tower and happens to jump to their death, and try to hit them midair before they die?
Maybe knocking them off the cliff?

Blizzard

Banned
cooljeanius said:
Maybe knocking them off the cliff?
I guess I didn't realize the sandman stun even had much knockback. I thought it just froze people midair (originally) or froze them for a second so they can only run at a somewhat slower speed (now).

Yeef

the sandman stun doesn't have knockback. I think hightower would be one of the worst places to try to get it. Nucleus, Mountain Lab and Sawmill are good places to get it. I don't really use the sandman much anymore, but that and the 3 first blood kills are the only scout ones I'm missing.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Forkball said:
I think the Scout achievements are probably the hardest to get. Maybe because Scout is my least played class, but I just got the first milestone a few days ago. So many of them rely on the Sandman or CTF. Plus his "get a lot of kills" achievement is double the other classes.

I used to think that was a crazy achievement. I mean, 2004 kills? This was also when I severely underappreciated the Scout and before I began playing him (around Christmas). I've put in roughly 25-30 hours since then and am pretty close with that achievement.

More Janky-Ass TF2 tonight?

I found Scout cheezemints the easiest! Of course, it's my most played class by a hundred hours or so... But I'll admit the sandman stun ones were a lot easier when the update just came out.

I miss stunning people at any distance so much :(

*Edit: PS, I recommend trying to get Foul Territory on the last point of Steel.

Yeef said:
the sandman stun doesn't have knockback. I think hightower would be one of the worst places to try to get it. Nucleus, Mountain Lab and Sawmill are good places to get it. I don't really use the sandman much anymore, but that and the 3 first blood kills are the only scout ones I'm missing.
How did you get the one on Well? Killing before setup ends?

Edit: I guess with FAN?

Sgt.Pepper said:
How did you get the one on Well? Killing before setup ends?

Edit: I guess with FAN?
Yeah, jump on the light next to train gate in the fence, then double-jump backwards, then use the FAN. That should get you over, of course then you still have to actually kill someone (still haven't managed to do that part yet). You can also try firing your pistol through the crack between the train car and the building, but that doesn't usually work.

I don't know how you play Scout without the Sandman. There's no reason to use the regular bat, you lose 15hp but gain the ability to stun an enemy. Plus it's fun to troll snipers with, be it stunning them or killing them with the taunt. There's no reason to switch back to the regular bat. The Boston Basher is kind of fun, but gaining 15hp and bleed effect on melee hit isn't worth losing the Sandman stun and you hurt yourself with it, which is kind of dumb (doesn't happen with the Tribalman's Shiv). I can't say much about the Holy Mackerel since I'm missing the milkman hat and thus have no real incentive to use it.

I can see switching between Scattergun, Shortstop, Force of Nature, Pistol, Bonk Atomic Punch, Mad Milk and Crit Cola but the Sandman is a permanent piece of gear for me.

Foul Territory is probably easiest to get on a map with trains like Well or Freight.

Plus his "get a lot of kills" achievement is double the other classes.

Where is the Scout from? What happened in 2004.

(._.) said:
could have sworn artistdude had an account here before last month

Lol, I seem to get that a lot!

You know, I was thinking...

There's hats, weapons, avatars, and even kill icon contributions to TF2. Has anyone ever done a community achievement contribution to Valve? If not, perhaps we could brainstorm and send a pack into Valve :U

Wouldn't that be something? NeoGAF Achievement Update :p

Clydefrog

ArtistDude88 said:
Lol, I seem to get that a lot!

There's hats, weapons, avatars, and even kill icon contributions to TF2. Has anyone ever done a community achievement contribution to Valve? If not, perhaps we could brainstorm and send a pack into Valve :U

and it will only cost $3 at the MannCo store!

Yeef

jaundicejuice said:
I don't know how you play Scout without the Sandman. There's no reason to use the regular bat, you lose 15hp but gain the ability to stun an enemy. Plus it's fun to troll snipers with, be it stunning them or killing them with the taunt. There's no reason to switch back to the regular bat. The Boston Basher is kind of fun, but gaining 15hp and bleed effect on melee hit isn't worth losing the Sandman stun and you hurt yourself with it, which is kind of dumb (doesn't happen with the Tribalman's Shiv). I can't say much about the Holy Mackerel since I'm missing the milkman hat and thus have no real incentive to use it.
15 hp makes a big difference, especially against the explosive classes. A regular rocket can 1-hit kill a sandman scout, where it'll take 2 hits with any other bat.

The fish's stats are identical to the regular bat. The main difference is that it announces it when you hit or kill someone with it. It makes it useful at catching Dead Ringer spies since it won't register as a fish kill when they fake their death. On the other hand, people paying attention will know where you are and who you're attacking even if they're not on your screen.

ArtistDude88 said:

People make custom achievements all the time. A few of the Polycount sets had recommended achievements with them in addition to the models, but Valve didn't use them.

Personally, I think with every major update Valve should release, if not completely new achievements than new milestones that award the new weapons. It'd also be nice if they changed the milestone system to let you choose which weapon you want to unlock at each one.

Yeef

Orellio said:
Half-Life 2 / Source Engine was released? I always assumed that's what that achievement was referring to.
Scout is from Boston. It's the year the Red Sox won the world series.

3 Reclaimed + Boston Basher = Sun on a Stick

We don't know what the volcano fragment recipe is. We also don't know if either was added to the drop system.

EDIT: Someone else tried these
3 Reclaimed + Axtinguisher = NOTHING
3 Reclaimed + Skullcutter = NOTHING

Neither one worked.

This one has forums stumped

EDIT 2: It doesn't work with the Backsratcher either

EDIT 3: No pyro weapon works. This one is quite a puzzler

balladofwindfishes said:
3 Reclaimed + Boston Basher = Sun on a Stick

We don't know what the volcano fragment recipe is. We also don't know if either was added to the drop system.
Is it craftable now?

Edit: nvm

Yeef

Wow. Weapons that cost as much as a hat to craft.

This recipe inflation is getting pretty ridiculous and the trading 'economy' is probably to blame. Valve really needs to start putting gameplay concerns ahead of the superfluous stuff.

[Edit] Whoops. Misread that as 3 refined. Still, the recipe inflation exists. The original community items were just 2 weapons to craft. Then the polycount stuff was 1 reclaimed+1 weapon, then the christmas stuff was 2 reclaimed + a weapon. now we have 3 reclaimed + a weapon. At this rate next year it'll cost 3 refined + a weapon to craft a new weapon.

Clydefrog said:
and it will only cost $3 at the MannCo store!

Lol!

Yeef said:
People make custom achievements all the time. A few of the Polycount sets had recommended achievements with them in addition to the models, but Valve didn't use them.

Personally, I think with every major update Valve should release, if not completely new achievements than new milestones that award the new weapons. It'd also be nice if they changed the milestone system to let you choose which weapon you want to unlock at each one.

I know they made mock-up achievements, but I didn't know they actually sent them in with their Polycount submissions. Hmm.

And I agree a few new achievements for new weapons would be nice every now and then.

Yeef said:
Wow. Weapons that cost as much as a hat to craft.

This recipe inflation is getting pretty ridiculous and the trading 'economy' is probably to blame. Valve really needs to start putting gameplay concerns ahead of the superfluous stuff.
Not only that, Sun on a stick sucks ass from a straw.

corn_fest

Yeef said:
Precisely. The value of metal has been driven way down by hardcore traders with 50 idle accounts selling refined for $1.00 on sourceop, so legitimate players get to pay the price with ridiculous crafting recipes. Of course, it's win-win for Valve, since it will just drive more people to the Mann Co. Store.

3 Reclaimed + [Weapon] has been tested with nerely everything. It doesn't look like the fragment uses that recipe format.

If not, I'd hold off before crashing the Sun Stick, the recipe may be larger than intended.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Has anyone tried crafting it using the sun on a stick?

At the very least, shouldn't doing a random Pyro Melee Weapon crafting recipe work?

Every single craftable weapon in the game + 3 reclaimed has been tested. Only the basher worked

The recipe is not [weapon] + 3 reclaimed, it must be something different.

EDIT: According to TF2 Wiki IRC:
Degreaser powerjack and refined! Just tested on irc

!!!!

EDIT 2: Now Confirmed

Sharpened Volcano Fragment: Degreaser + Powerjack + Refined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom