• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Proven said:
Assuming that Valve only supports/pimps out games that have at least above average potential, this shouldn't be too surprising. When Valve starts whoring out for Call of Duty, then I'll stop playing TF2.

TF2 should not be a primary conduit for advertising games on Steam. And to be honest, it's starting to be a dated platform to do so with. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Portal 2 is the next step, with hooks built in for Steam tie-in content. Those co-op bots look like they could wear zany hats, strange paint-jobs, unique gestures, you name it.

Proven

Kulock said:
TF2 should not be a primary conduit for advertising games on Steam. And to be honest, it's starting to be a dated platform to do so with. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Portal 2 is the next step, with hooks built in for Steam tie-in content. Those co-op bots look like they could wear zany hats, strange paint-jobs, unique gestures, you name it.

You know what, that would actually be more fun too.

The only worry I'd have is it being a Steamworks game. The PS3 connectivity will either add awesome or hold it back for stuff like that.

yeoz

ArtistDude88 said:
I still require a Brass Beast, Warrior's Spirit, Steak Sanvich, and a Crusader's Crossbow...
Also, I'm looking for the new Spy hat, Detective Noir. Maybe the Le Party Phantom too. I really wanted the Phantom until I remembered about the Detective hat, lol.
I've got the Detective Noir and a Le Party Phantom if you want them. http://tf2b.com/id/yeoz
And tons of other stuff for anyone else who wants a one-off item for cheap. All my spares are on the first two pages if anyone wants junk.

Clydefrog

balladofwindfishes said:

fwqMU.gif

just kididin, nice collection.

ecnal

anyone interested in the Shooter's sola topi (sniper hat)?

will trade for an engi hat or the Familiar Fez.

Satch

Banned
Cipherr said:
Anyone know if name and description tags trade for metals of any type?
I'm sure it varies from person to person, but people will trade metal to get a name/desc tag.

I've been in a fair share of servers with people asking for tags for metal. I got a name tag drop today and a guy asked if I was willing to trade. I didn't get his offer because I wasn't interested in giving up the tag, but the guy was definitely hungry for it. He and some others had been asking for tags most of the time I had been in the server.

(._.)

Banned

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Possible names for Javaman's Blutsauger:

The Percolator
The Irish Creamer
Cap-the-point-o-chino

Twig

Banned
Proven said:
Assuming that Valve only supports/pimps out games that have at least above average potential, this shouldn't be too surprising. When Valve starts whoring out for Call of Duty, then I'll stop playing TF2.
It's dumb, yes, and annoying, but why would you really let it make you quit TF2? That's silly.

If anything, quit TF2 because the players are all a bunch of retards who farm paper bag hats during Halloween because they want to be cool and get the cheesemint. Or quit TF2 because the players are all a bunch of retards who insist on map voting, despite the fact that it just results in the same maps getting chosen over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, unless Valve releases a community update, in which case those maps will get played for a few days before returning to the status of "not as good as Dustbowl. Or quit TF2 because the players are all a bunch of retards who don't know how to play the game and retreat before it's necessary or before the round has even started because "nobody ever defends the first point" or some bullshit.

XOXOXO,
Twig

P.S. You're all retarded. Suck my butt.

Proven

Twig said:
It's dumb, yes, and annoying, but why would you really let it make you quit TF2? That's silly.

If anything, quit TF2 because the players are all a bunch of retards who farm paper bag hats during Halloween because they want to be cool and get the cheesemint. Or quit TF2 because the players are all a bunch of retards who insist on map voting, despite the fact that it just results in the same maps getting chosen over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, unless Valve releases a community update, in which case those maps will get played for a few days before returning to the status of "not as good as Dustbowl. Or quit TF2 because the players are all a bunch of retards who don't know how to play the game and retreat before it's necessary or before the round has even started because "nobody ever defends the first point" or some bullshit.

XOXOXO,
Twig

P.S. You're all retarded. Suck my butt.

You misunderstand Twig, all of those are very valid reasons. About half of them are why my TF2 playtime has pretty much gone to near nonexistent status since the end of last Fall. I haven't even been able to watch comp videos with as much gusto.

But Valve is still Valve, and I can't help if people are retards all the time. It's when Valve does something I can't forgive, combined with the current TF2 userbase already being what it is, that I'll drop it. Anyway, all these years of TF2, plus the releases of Monday Night Combat and Monster Hunter Tri last year, have made me realize that it's not FPS gaming I like, but class based action games with multiplayer. Or else I wouldn't gravitate to the support and close combat style classes all the time in all of these games.

Twig

Banned
And that's fine, but I just don't see why stupid preorder bonuses should ever discourage someone from playing a game they love (if, in fact, they still love it).

About half of them are why my TF2 playtime has pretty much gone to near nonexistent status since the end of last Fall

Interesting. Because my playtime continues to increase due to there being nothing I find as addicting as TF2. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with Steam impulse purchases. I buy the game, play it for about 2 hours max, then find myself back on TF2. The only game that I can think of right now that could potential take me off the game permanently is Battlefield 3.

Suck my butt.

NO U!!! :mad:

Yay thanks Blizzard (or was it Yeef?) for turning on party mode tonight, even if it was only for a short amount of time. I hope everyone enjoyed their presents...

Yeef said:
I notice you have several Stockbroker's Scarves. I would like one.

I never realized the tie was separate from the mask otherwise I might have considered picking up Killing Floor to get it.
Yea, I have a few thanks to an error on Valve's part (they gave me 2 for some reason), and one I got for a Buffalo Steak back when it first came out.

What do you have to trade for it?

I got a Flipped Trilby last night. Didn't even know about the hat. Spent a minute trying to figure out which class can wear it.

This is like my third hat this year. I got Hustler's Hallmark last month then Chieftain's Challenge back in January.

(._.) said:
So much for all the guys who figured they could then resell the hat for $90 a couple months later. God, I hate myself and everybody else who buys these games just for TF2 items.
Is 217 (now 500+) a lot for exclusive stuff like this? so it's barely worth anything?

Yeef

balladofwindfishes said:
Yea, I have a few thanks to an error on Valve's part (they gave me 2 for some reason), and one I got for a Buffalo Steak back when it first came out.

What do you have to trade for it?
Not much D:

A bunch of paints
A bunch of crates
A rather festive tree
Ze Goggles
Napper's Respite
Batter's Helm
Name Tag
Description Tag
1 Reclaimed

Played Spy for an entire round today, which is something I don't think I've ever done (with about 350 hours logged). And, unsurprisingly, I am awful at it.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
wartime1020 said:
Played Spy for an entire round today, which is something I don't think I've ever done (with about 350 hours logged). And, unsurprisingly, I am awful at it.

I think Wartime's definition of awful is a little different than the rest of our definitions of awful

Yeef

Playing spy on an alltalk server is much harder than on a 'normal' server, but once you get good at spy during all talk you'll be amazing as a spy on restricted chat servers.

Also, as spy you want to avoid the front lines, even while you're cloaked otherwise you get caught in the crossfire. Disguise/uncloak just behind the front lines (from the enemy side) to maximize your ability to stab while the enemy is busy engaging your teammates.

If there are no front lines (i.e. neither team is engaging each other for some reason) avoid engaging anyone unless you know you can take them out even with your revolver.

When you do get found out, try to get out in the open then cloak heading in one direction and immediately switch directions. laugh as the fools go chasing ghosts and you make your escape.

Also, try to disguise as people you've recently killed (especially if they don't have mics) it makes the disguise a lot more believable.

I have my spy.cfg set to turn auto-reload off because the revolver reload animation blocks your line of sight way too much and you can also use the fake-reload to help make your disguise more convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom