• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Blizzard said:
I like when spies adhere to some unspoken spy code. 24/7 2fort is raging on, I'm cloak and dagger spy uselessly creeping across the side of the bridge while invisible, and suddenly I bump into a crouching creeping cloak and dagger spy on the other team doing the same thing in the opposite direction.

We sit there for a moment, observing our enemy, and yet, somehow -- our friend. Then, like ships in the night, we silently pass onwards in opposite directions.

Hehe so true, I always kind of feel bad when I have to fight another spy. Its like killing your brother or something.

Cipherr

Blizzard said:
I like when spies adhere to some unspoken spy code. 24/7 2fort is raging on, I'm cloak and dagger spy uselessly creeping across the side of the bridge while invisible, and suddenly I bump into a crouching creeping cloak and dagger spy on the other team doing the same thing in the opposite direction.

We sit there for a moment, observing our enemy, and yet, somehow -- our friend. Then, like ships in the night, we silently pass onwards in opposite directions.

Especially on 2fort. C&D on that map? Who wants to squabble with another spy with how long it takes to get to the other side cloaked.

BridgeTruce.com, seriously.

Major crafting update in the works.
It's just experimentation. I think a crafting rework is in order soon (for valve-time values of soon so don't expect it in the next couple updates unless one of us gets a crafting bug up our rear end...which could happen, but still I'm just thinking out loud here).

There isn't a lot of structure to the recipes, crafting isn't particularly interesting, and it doesn't really offer unique rewards. It's a supplement to trading more than anything. Once trading came out, crafting became a lot less compelling. We've done some experimentation with more expensive recipes, but it isn't a fixed trend.

I'd like to see crafting offer options that you can't get from other game systems and I'd like to see there be more depth.

From GreenMarine, a Valve employee who posts on Something Awful

Nikolai13

Neo Member

Satch

Banned
Wow, wish I could have played last night! The one night you guys do something outrageous and I have a paper due. :(

I knew I should have done it earlier in the day.

Forkball

Blizzard said:

I'm guilty of this. Most of the time you're in an open or dangerous area, so you can't decloak because other players would take you out. Even if you're in a safe area with no other players, by the time you decloak, the other spy is probably way past you if he remained cloaked.

Yeef

I generally just call out the other spy via voice chat if the coast is clear. Otherwise I'll continue on my merry way until I'm somewhere safe and then warn my teammates that there's another spy.

Also, backstabbing an invisible spy is the best thing ever even though it rarely happens and it's usually dumb luck when it does.

thefil

Yeef said:
I generally just call out the other spy via voice chat if the coast is clear. Otherwise I'll continue on my merry way until I'm somewhere safe and then warn my teammates that there's another spy.

Also, backstabbing an invisible spy is the best thing ever even though it rarely happens and it's usually dumb luck when it does.

Had a lovely exchange the other day. I was playing Charge'n'Targe demoman, and my roommate started watching me.

Roommate: You ever charged, swung, and killed a cloaked spy randomly?
Me: Nope.
R: I've seen it happen.
M: *swing claymore*
Cloaked Spy in front of me: *dies*

*edit* Just tried to add the server from the second post, and it only shows L4D2 servers. Did the IP change?

Hey can I play tonight with you if there's a spot open? I added the NeoGAF server. I'm just an average player at best. Also don't have a mic yet but I want to buy one soon...

Yeef

Heavy said:
Hey can I play tonight with you if there's a spot open? I added the NeoGAF server. I'm just an average player at best. Also don't have a mic yet but I want to buy one soon...
NO!

(Of course. It's a public server. Anyone can join and it's first come first served.)

Blizzard

Banned
Heavy said:
*psst everyone, break out the paddles! we've got a new one for THE RITUAL*

Javaman

Heavy said:

What's your TF2 name so we can give you a "warm" welcome? Bwaahaaha

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Heavy said:

You guys are going to scare him away haha. Don't worry mate, you'll have a good time lol

**Edit: Just don't get in a needle gun war with Javaman. You WILL lose

Heavy said:
No worries, I'm a below average player. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it!

7816CBC5FB61FA5953792CE39151013FD8099910

and we lost... crazy

Yeef said:
I managed to do this the other day because they cloaked as they were running away from me and they ran right into a corner where I could backstab them. So it's not always luck.

IceMarker

I love Demoman, he was the guy I chose in the WAR! Update and my second most played class, but 'Sticky Demos' have the absolute lowest honor in the game, if they aren't air blasting them over a wall they sure as hell will pick you off with splash damage around a corner.

Had fun playing tonight. I really need to stop, though...I was seriously addicted to TF2 back for the first year or so after it came out. I can see myself slipping back into that. Heh.

It's too much fun though.

hey how can you check your kill/death/assist stats for each class? All I see is stats for per round and they're kind of confusing. There's no total stats?

And what does the action box in your loadout do? Thanks

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Heavy said:
hey how can you check your kill/death/assist stats for each class? All I see is stats for per round and they're kind of confusing. There's no total stats?

No. There are no total wins/losses, kills/deaths, or ratios of any kind. There is only you... and the point. Playing Team Fortress 2, like life itself, is meaningless. You must accept this, only then will you truly be free.

And what does the action box in your loadout do? Thanks

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Action_slot

I figure that's what the HHH mode was, but they pulled it on the stage after the Halloween update, with nothing official since. The server can force it in console, but I'm not sure why they didn't just leave it.

One other thing that struck me is that they really haven't touched Training Mode in a while. I guess it's a lot of custom work and scripting, but they were on to something with it when they made the one for the Soldier.

Yeef

Kulock said:
I figure that's what the HHH mode was, but they pulled it on the stage after the Halloween update, with nothing official since. The server can force it in console, but I'm not sure why they didn't just leave it.

One other thing that struck me is that they really haven't touched Training Mode in a while. I guess it's a lot of custom work and scripting, but they were on to something with it when they made the one for the Soldier.
They said, quite some time ago, that they were working on one for another class, but, you know, Valve Time.

Been getting back into TF2 lately, just in time for Uni to start up again, and was wondering whether there were any Aussie/NZ TF2 players on GAF?

Blizzard

Banned
FreeFallin' said:
Been getting back into TF2 lately, just in time for Uni to start up again, and was wondering whether there were any Aussie/NZ TF2 players on GAF?
I think Commissar Bacons plays with a ping from the moon, I mean NZ or thereabouts.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Kulock said:

I played with it on a full server (~18 people, went from 10-22). It is a real blast.

All right TF2GAF, I'm going to try to give up TF2 for Lent, so I probably won't be seeing you until Easter. I'll be uninstalling the game, but I'd appreciate if I could also be banned from the GAF server until then as well, just in case I get weak and lose my self control.

how's this score guys lol, only 5-10 mins was from the Heavy, the rest I tried all different classes. Heavy is the only one I can get 1:1 ratio in lol

http://i.imgur.com/CqXln.jpg

Game is impossible. Only reason the score is high is because i was in there for like an hour and a half lol, getting totally ownedddd!

Blizzard

Banned
Heavy said:
how's this score guys lol, only 5-10 mins was from the Heavy, the rest I tried all different classes. Heavy is the only one I can get 1:1 ratio in lol

http://i.imgur.com/CqXln.jpg

Game is impossible. Only reason the score is high is because i was in there for like an hour and a half lol, getting totally ownedddd!
Have you played FPS games much? Takes practice. And if you're playing on a 26 player instaspawn server or something, you're going to get spam everywhere. There might be advice on the wiki etc., or people here can give you class-specific tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom