• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erasus

Played a lot as medic today, always fun to go into a server and there are no medics on your team :p

Also, no ppl on GAF server ;_;

Erasus said:
Played a lot as medic today, always fun to go into a server and there are no medics on your team :p

Also, no ppl on GAF server ;_;

Yeah. The GAF server doesn't usually start up until 9PM EST. 'Cause that's when I send out the amazingly witty and hilarious announcements from the Steam group :D

Ok they're not witty, amazing, or hilarious :( But they get the job done.

I thought about sending them out at 8PM...

Nabs

tf2 update

Team Fortress 2

Fixed a server crash caused by using the Half-Zatoichi to hit someone not holding a weapon.
Fixed the Soldier/Demoman taunts not working correctly when the Half-Zatoichi is the active weapon.
Fixed the Concheror animations not always playing correctly for players on the Blue team.
Fixed a bug where players could switch weapons after deploying the Half-Zatoichi before they killed someone with it.
Updated The Shogun Pack items to be tradeable.
Crafting changes
All recipes are now known to all players.
Reduced the cost of most recipes.
Items previously crafted using recipes that will be reduced in this update have been upgraded to Vintage quality.

Nabs said:
tf2 update

Team Fortress 2

Fixed a server crash caused by using the Half-Zatoichi to hit someone not holding a weapon.
Fixed the Soldier/Demoman taunts not working correctly when the Half-Zatoichi is the active weapon.
Fixed the Concheror animations not always playing correctly for players on the Blue team.
Fixed a bug where players could switch weapons after deploying the Half-Zatoichi before they killed someone with it.
Updated The Shogun Pack items to be tradeable.
Crafting changes
All recipes are now known to all players.
Reduced the cost of most recipes.
Items previously crafted using recipes that will be reduced in this update have been upgraded to Vintage quality.
Which recipes got reduced? It says most, but the wiki shows the same materials. Unless it hasn't been updated.

I have a vintage set of Rift items :D

And a concheror
And as soon as I get Mad Milk, I'll have a Fan o War

The Zatochi is a little more expensive. I'll have to trade around for them.

EDIT: Recipes
fan-o-war: scrap+ mad milk
Kunai: scrap+ eternal reward
concheror. scrap+ battalions backup
katana: 2 eyelander+ reclaimed
Sun-on-a-Stick: 2 Reclaimed + Boston Basher
Sharpened Volcano Fragment: 2 Reclaimed + Axtingusher
Buffalo Steak sandvich now: 1 reclaimed + Sandvich (it's more expensive now for some reason)

KarmaCow

Sgt.Pepper said:
Which recipes got reduced? It says most, but the wiki shows the same materials. Unless it hasn't been updated.

Most of them are like 1 less reclaimed or scrap. The rift weapons are 2 reclaimed + whatever now.

KarmaCow said:
Most of them are like 1 less reclaimed or scrap. The rift weapons are 2 reclaimed + whatever now.
Are the shogun weapons still only craftable through tokens?

Edit: Just saw the Steam forums

Steam Forums said:
Recipies:
Fan O'War = Mad Milk + Scrap
Kunai = YER + Scrap
Concherer = Backup + Scrap
Half-Zatochi = 2 Eyelanders + Reclaimed
Sun-on-a-Stick = Boston Basher + 2 Reclaimed
Volcano Fragment = Axtinguisher + 2 Reclaimed
Brass Beast = Natascha + Reclaimed
Steak = Sandvich + Reclaimed
Warrior's Spirit = GRU + Scrap
Loch-n-Load = Scottish Resistance + Reclaimed
Caber = Pain Train + 2 Scrap
Amputator = Vita Saw + Scrap
Crossbow = Huntsman + 2 Scrap

ANY craftable weapon can be vintage

If it was crafted using the "Smelt Class Weapon" it will have turned vintage. This means that there are no items with stats in the game that can't be vintage.

Sgt.Pepper said:
fan-o-war: scrap+ mad milk
Kunai: scrap+ eternal reward
concheror. scrap+ battalions backup
katana: 2 eyelander+ reclaimed

KarmaCow

Sgt.Pepper said:

EDIT: Nevermind you got them.

The steak actually requires more stuff which is weird.

And damn, I traded 2 refined for both rift weapons yesterday and now they aren't vintage.

I guess I'm lucky with drops, the only weapons that got turned into Vintage were my crossbow and a backburner. Even though I crafted the Bushwaka, Powerjack and Degreaser a few days back.

Awesome! Just crafted a Kunai. I'll have to try it out soon.
If they add more items soon, I'll have to reorganize my backpack again...

PS: GAF server is outdated, and none of the people who can update it are online. So no announcement tonight :U

ArtistDude88 said:

PS: GAF server is outdated, and none of the people who can update it are online. So no announcement tonight :U
You have to move constantly with the Kunai to be effective and the 60 HP makes harder using the normal watch. I recommend the Dead Ringer.

Sanic

Do items drop from dead bodies, or spawn randomly on the map? I just picked up an item, but wasn't paying attention to how I attained it.

Javaman

Pandoracell said:
Do items drop from dead bodies, or spawn randomly on the map? I just picked up an item, but wasn't paying attention to how I attained it.

You get them randomly when you die, nothing that can be picked up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ArtistDude88 said:

Fix it D:

And which crafted items could be vintage? The only ones I have are my Rift Weapons.

corn_fest

Nabs said:
ffs. I already gave up on getting a complete vintage hat set a long time ago, but I was happy with my vintage weapon set. Now it's going to be nearly impossible to get all of them again...
I can't figure out why I care about blue text :/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Because a person who played the game longer should have items that are Vintage, to show that they played the game longer!

Well, I guess I can just craft away my extra items now, though mos likely anther update will hit with more weapons because I am getting rid of all my duplicates.

Edit: Ah fuck, just crafted all my metal I just got into a hat by mistake. Oh well, at least I got a Dread Knot.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Could easily just be trolling, but series 12 crates are supposed to have Golden Wrenches in them instead of Unusual Hats.

snack

Drkirby said:
Could easily just be trolling, but series 12 crates are supposed to have Golden Wrenches in them instead of Unusual Hats.

crate12.png

Clydefrog

Hahaha, oh man, what a joke. Last night I finally crafted a bunch of shit with my metal. Used up about 10 refined. Made the Attendant, Fez, Crusader's Crossbow, amidst other things.

TYPICAL

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You have a Vintage Crossbow now though, thats worth like all the hats!

Anyone have one of the now Vintage weapons they are willing to trade?

Oreoleo

Drkirby said:
You have a Vintage Crossbow now though, thats worth like all the hats!

Anyone have one of the now Vintage weapons they are willing to trade?

Really? I have a Vintage Crusader's Crossbow, Amputator, and Loch N Load (lol)

Accepting offers, I guess :p

Edit: I will take this opportunity to say I need a Vintage Ubersaw.

Well, after playing a few rounds of with the Conniver's Kunai, I think all-in-all, it's ok.

Having only 60 health is a serious handicap to start off with. At first I tried it with regular cloak. That was just terrible... A stray sticky or rocket anywhere near you was pretty much instant death while walking bye, cloaked or not.

Then I switched to Dead Ringer. This is definitely the only way to use this knife. Disguise as a friendly, trigger DR, get behind enemy lines, disguise as enemy, backstab and run away/DR out of fire. It was extremely satisfying to have ~5 health left, backstab someone and bam! Over-healed to 180.

I don't recommend it's use at all to beginners of the Spy class.

The Kunai definitely adds a flare of challenge to the Spy class with some rewarding moments. Just be mindful of your health, and if you see a Pyro, just run the hell away! Dead Ringer or not, 60 health drops awfully quick when there's a Pyro dogging you. In fact, I don't think I survived ANY Pyro chases...

I just checked and I have a Vintage Crusader's Crossbow. Makes sense it's the only weapon I ever crafted.

So, uh...what's so special about vintage weapons that makes them valuable to people?

I thought I just had a Vintage Warrior's Spirit from the update, but I just checked, and my Crossbow is Vintage now too. That's a nice surprise. It's hard to tell what they're going for, though, with all the "OFFERS PLZ" on TF2TP.

dragonlife29 said:
So, uh...what's so special about vintage weapons that makes them valuable to people?

Older, no new ones will be made (so far, these weapons weren't around when the originals were converted to Vintage), blue is a nice color, MMO mentality.

Some of the Vintage hats are really valuable because they had a low number of drops or only a short time before the Vintage cut-off, or were crafted heavily (hatless hats). Also, two were already called "Vintage," so having "Vintage Vintage" sounded funny.

The Vintage Shogun pack will probably be really valuable, since it was only available to be crafted for a few days before they did this, and I don't think there were any special recipes during that time, just "throw some tokens into the wind."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kulock said:
I thought I just had a Vintage Warrior's Spirit from the update, but I just checked, and my Crossbow is Vintage now too. That's a nice surprise. It's hard to tell what they're going for, though, with all the "OFFERS PLZ" on TF2TP.

Older, no new ones will be made (so far, these weapons weren't around when the originals were converted to Vintage), blue is a nice color, MMO mentality.

Some of the Vintage hats are really valuable because they had a low number of drops or only a short time before the Vintage cut-off, or were crafted heavily (hatless hats). Also, two were already called "Vintage," so having "Vintage Vintage" sounded funny.

The Vintage Shogun pack will probably be really valuable, since it was only available to be crafted for a few days before they did this, and I don't think there were any special recipes during that time, just "throw some tokens into the wind."
Yeah, I am a bit surprised Valve did Vintage Shogun items, since you had less then a week to craft them with random recipes. Vintage Warfan is going to be damn rare, since it was a pretty hard thing to craft. The Kunai should be the most common.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
At last I traded for that new Spy Mask.

Thank goodness for some kid who traded me a refine for a non vintage katana to help me get it.

Glad I never crafted any of them. I wouldn't even have time to get all the metal needed anyway. I think I'll go sell my new vints even though it's hard to part with my Caber. :(

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
ArtistDude88 said:
Well, after playing a few rounds of with the Conniver's Kunai, I think all-in-all, it's ok.

Having only 60 health is a serious handicap to start off with. At first I tried it with regular cloak. That was just terrible... A stray sticky or rocket anywhere near you was pretty much instant death while walking bye, cloaked or not.

Then I switched to Dead Ringer. This is definitely the only way to use this knife. Disguise as a friendly, trigger DR, get behind enemy lines, disguise as enemy, backstab and run away/DR out of fire. It was extremely satisfying to have ~5 health left, backstab someone and bam! Over-healed to 180.

I don't recommend it's use at all to beginners of the Spy class.

The Kunai definitely adds a flare of challenge to the Spy class with some rewarding moments. Just be mindful of your health, and if you see a Pyro, just run the hell away! Dead Ringer or not, 60 health drops awfully quick when there's a Pyro dogging you. In fact, I don't think I survived ANY Pyro chases...

First off, why don't you just shut up and die and then re-die. No one wants to hear strategies on how to make the spy better. Please die.

Also I liked it last night when someone was like "OMG HOW MANY SPIES DOES THAT TEAM HAVE!" They have one, it's artistdude.

die

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Borgnine said:
First off, why don't you just shut up and die and then re-die. No one wants to hear strategies on how to make the spy better. Please die.

Also I liked it last night when someone was like "OMG HOW MANY SPIES DOES THAT TEAM HAVE!" They have one, it's artistdude.

die
I liked Artestdood was surprised when I thought to shoot a Rocket at a Spy Spy ("I don't recall any spies"), but IMO he is over all decently obvious.

And I always loved doing the "Fake your own team mates death" thing, what sucks is when they have bad aim and you expected to have already exploded.

Sanic

Any reason that, from time to time, when I attempt to join any server, they'll all return 'Server not responding'?

Nikolai13

Neo Member
I would like to pose a question. Just from my experience of playing on this server, a lot of the players are very good in my opinion. I was just wondering how many of you have played competitively? Leagues? Tournaments?

Borgnine said:

die

Love yoooou <3 ;)

Drkirby said:
I liked Artestdood was surprised when I thought to shoot a Rocket at a Spy Spy ("I don't recall any spies"), but IMO he is over all decently obvious.

And I always loved doing the "Fake your own team mates death" thing, what sucks is when they have bad aim and you expected to have already exploded.

If I'm so obvious why do I keep topping the scores :U I've even had Javaman heal me a few times while disguised and he's pro anti-Spy!

Nikolai13 said:
I would like to pose a question. Just from my experience of playing on this server, a lot of the players are very good in my opinion. I was just wondering how many of you have played competitively? Leagues? Tournaments?

I don't... Not sure if anyone else does...

Oreoleo

Nikolai13 said:
Very, very few of us have played competitively. Boonoo, Kuro, and EvilMario I think are the only ones. A few people did the European Highlander tourney, but I think that was just more for fun. The rest of us have just been playing TF2/together for 2 or 3 years now :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Orellio said:
Very, very few of us have played competitively. Boonoo, Kuro, and EvilMario I think are the only ones. A few people did the European Highlander tourney, but I think that was just more for fun. The rest of us have just been playing TF2/together for 2 or 3 years now :p
I used to be comp. Boonoo was on my team. Really, Pet is the big comp guy and has played with or knows some big names.

I don't believe EM is comp.

I would like to see Artistdude, Silencer Lang, and Javaman give it a go though.

Artist is annoying as a spah, but FUCK I hated going one-on-one against him as scoot. Really good aim and movement.

Javaman would be a good med since he knows when to back out, knows who to heal, and is calm/doesn't rage.

Silencer is a really good solly and an excellent sniper even though he bitches about body shots all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom