• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
Recalling yesterday's game, I wonder how Yeef didn't manage to kill me in Hightower after I backstabbed a Sniper and sapped the sentry. I had only 35 HP left! Fortunately that gave me enough time to recharge the Dead Ringer.
You mean when i was playing spy? L'Etranger's damage is pitiful. 17 damage per shot and I hit you twice. ;(

It could really use a buff. not necessarily to damage, but something like an increase in max cloak time or a passive ability that makes you gain cloak over time when you're uncloaked.

Yeef said:
You mean when i was playing spy? L'Etranger's damage is pitiful. 17 damage per shot and I hit you twice. ;(

It could really use a buff. not necessarily to damage, but something like an increase in max cloak time or a passive ability that makes you gain cloak over time when you're uncloaked.
No, you were a Scout. I heard you say "Um, Sniper there's a spy behind you" and you shoot me a few times and didn't hit me.

Cipherr

Sgt.Pepper said:
No, you were a Scout. I heard you say "Um, Sniper there's a spy behind you" and you shoot me a few times and didn't hit me.

: / the alltalk really bugs me on the GAF server. Playing spy its kinda shitty to hear people shout "Wartime that sniper behind you is a spy man".

Its like, c'mon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I find it fun, though it is annoying to be taunting enemies over the mic and them remember once they are shooting me that they can see my speech bubble.

Blizzard

Banned
Cipherr said:
: / the alltalk really bugs me on the GAF server. Playing spy its kinda shitty to hear people shout "Wartime that sniper behind you is a spy man".

Its like, c'mon.
It's because we're the best of the best. Lame casual people play alltalk. Then pros play teamchat only. Then TRUE pros are so awesome that they wrap around again, and come play alltalk on the GAF server. ;p

Cipherr said:

Its like, c'mon.

9 times out of 10 I won't process that in time, you'll still be able to backstab me.

So I recently built my girlfriend a new computer and started her on TF2.

This was her fourth full game ever. (Avellana)

2zykbcn.jpg

I think I've made a huge mistake.

Blizzard

Banned
BuddhaRockstar said:

Yeah, I saw her playing, saw the achievements popping up and figured she was a new player, and saw that she was quite good. o_O

Also, we shall refer to her as "fake Remy".

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
EatChildren said:
Does the new flaming axe for the Pyro have any real use? I cant think of a single way to use it effectively. If I'm going to get that close to the enemy there are so many better options.
It's a worthwhile weapon on DeGroot... and that's about it.

BuddhaRockstar said:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2zykbcn.jpg

LSP as her avatar? No, your mistake has been erased by that fact alone.

Jzero

BuddhaRockstar said:

A girls is way better than me, guess I better get back in the kitchen.

Yeef said:
Toxic was already better than you.

Also, I will see you next week TF2 GAF!
Ah so it was a girl...

Angry Fork

So my account's finally been registered and I play TF2 a lot. What modes/servers do you guys play on? Is there a specific gaf server? Do you guys play serious/competitive or just for fun?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Angry Fork said:
So my account's finally been registered and I play TF2 a lot. What modes/servers do you guys play on? Is there a specific gaf server? Do you guys play serious/competitive or just for fun?
I don't play on this server because the pings are dreadful, but here are the details:

NeoGAF server IP: 174.143.208.222:27015

Blizzard

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
Instead you should try and trade him constantly. He LOVES that!
Specifically, offer him lots of crates. He's got a ton of money and he's always buying keys, so he needs something to do with them! ;p

Forkball

Sgt.Pepper said:
Damn Forkball and his kritz!

What the hell happened to RED on Goldrush #1? No one went to defend the car!
I think I know what you're talking about (I was on Red as Medic). We held it pretty well on the last point, but then we all just suddenly died and couldn't get back in time. Honestly I didn't know where the hell everyone was. Wartime was in the pit, an engy or two were setting up, and there was a sniper, but that was pretty much everyone I saw. There were some Pyros who randomly appeared and I saw Matt as a Soldier every now and then. Somehow we just all died at the same time and Blue pushed the cart to freedom.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Frankenstrat said:
*EDIT*
herpaderp, the ip is on the second post.

Do you guys play mostly on official maps? or some community ones as well?
We mostly play on the Valve and Official community maps, there are a few custom maps we play on once in a while but not to many at the moment. The server will end up voting for payload and Attack/Defend.

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
I've got TF2 uninstalled so I can concentrate on school, and I've got real bad cravings. I basically spend half my free time watching tf2 vids on youtube.

Just needed to share. :(

Sanic

I just picked up the PC version after having only played the 360 version at launch. I knew the game had changed dramatically over time, but reading through the last few pages of this thread, it's like a totally different game.

Crafting? What?

Pandoracell said:
I just picked up the PC version after having only played the 360 version at launch. I knew the game had changed dramatically over time, but reading through the last few pages of this thread, it's like a totally different game.

Crafting? What?

You have much to catch up on, my friend!

Sanic

Thanks, I checked out the Team Fortress wiki earlier. Looking forward to playing...as soon as the game finishes updating -_- (looks like I bought the retail release for nothing, since most of the game is redownloaded anyway.)

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Pandoracell said:
Hmmm well, this may end up being quite addicting...

My advice- play as you always did. As you get trounced by new features and changes to old ones, you'll come to learn those. Then worry about new weapons and such (by that time you should accumulate a bunch). Don't even think about hats until you can craft one or one drops for you; that's the highest level meta-game and shouldn't be on your mind for a while.

Sanic

Charron said:
My advice- play as you always did. As you get trounced by new features and changes to old ones, you'll come to learn those. Then worry about new weapons and such (by that time you should accumulate a bunch). Don't even think about hats until you can craft one or one drops for you; that's the highest level meta-game and shouldn't be on your mind for a while.

Thanks for the tips. I've familiarized myself with crafting, etc. but as you suggested i'm not worrying about it right now because i'm having fun just playing the game.

A quick question: after the end of a round (at least a C&D round), why do the guns turn blue (or maybe red, if you're on the red team, which I haven't been yet)?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Pandoracell said:
Thanks for the tips. I've familiarized myself with crafting, etc. but as you suggested i'm not worrying about it right now because i'm having fun just playing the game.

A quick question: after the end of a round (at least a C&D round), why do the guns turn blue (or maybe red, if you're on the red team, which I haven't been yet)?

Should also have lighting on it, to indicate all of your shots will be criticals.

Humiliation occurs following a victory. During humiliation, all players on the victorious side receive a 10% increase to their speed and all attacks become critical hits for the purpose of hunting down any surviving opponents unlucky enough to stand in their way. Players on the victorious side are also able to enter enemy resupply areas,

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Borgnine said:
Should also have lighting on it, to indicate all of your shots will be criticals.

You'll see a similar effect if you're being Crit Boosted. That happens if a Medic uses Kritzkrieg on you or (on some servers) after a successful CTF capture. You'll see a fainter version when you're being Mini-Crit Boosted, which do 135% base damage instead of the crit's 300% base damage. You can't randomly mini-crit, you have to be affected by an item that induces them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom