• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
EatChildren said:
The last thing the Sydney Sleeper needs is a buff.
Are you being serious, or are you just annoyed when people hit you with it? It is one of those weapons like the loch 'n' load that seems almost universally unused now. Since the various nerfs to natascha, I hardly see anyone using it and it really doesn't seem worth it to me -- I don't even know that it will slow scouts down appreciably, and you would have to have time to spin it up at close enough range to hit them with it. Likewise with the sleeper, since it no longer goes through multiple targets, takes a bit to get the jarate effect, etc. If it did more damage and/or could extinguish teammates and/or went through multiple targets so you could kill engineers behind sentry guns, then I think it'd be a more worthwhile tradeoff to the sniper rifle/huntsman.

The razorback gets used occasionally, I suppose, and I guess it helps if spies happen to have the l'tranger or don't want to shoot you in the back for some reason.

Clydefrog said:
My cache of items idea isn't working. I've played like three hours this weekend and have only got a force of nature. oh well
just idle in this server: 97.102.250.78:27016

Fun to mess around in there too. !votehhh

Jzero

I kinda want one of these
cedf_tf2_mug.jpg

Yeef

commissar said:
Friend bought me one of those mugs but it broke in the post ):
A friend bought me the Aperture Science mug as a gift. Then the handle broke. So I bought another to replace it and the handle broke on that one.

So now I have two handleless mugs.

I wish I were less clumsy :(

snack

Yeef said:
A friend bought me the Aperture Science mug as a gift. Then the handle broke. So I bought another to replace it and the handle broke on that one.

So now I have two handleless mugs.

I wish I were less clumsy :(
You should start crafting handles with some spare scrap metal lying around. :)

Goon Boon

Banned
http://cratesim.appspot.com/

Found out my friend was making this a few days ago. The crippling addiction of gambling with no mafia debts or worrying about paying off mortgages, only with hats!

EDIT - It's a crate opening simulator, that keeps track of how many crates you open, what kind, and how much the crate fodder is worth.

There's an unused Noise Maker in the update. Honestly, I think we're better off without it.

Sgt.Pepper said:
I tried to craft the Katana and got a Pain Train, fuck my luck.
I've tried to craft a Sticky Jumper 4 times. 3 times I got a Targe, once a Scottish Resistance. The "craft a generic weapon" system as it is sucks.

At the very least, craft via a Soldier token. You've got a 1 in 3 chance of making it, versus trying to craft it with a Demo token, a 1 in 6 chance.

Goon Boon said:

Found out my friend was making this a few days ago. The crippling addiction of gambling with no mafia debts or worrying about paying off mortgages, only with hats!

EDIT - It's a crate opening simulator, that keeps track of how many crates you open, what kind, and how much the crate fodder is worth.

God damn, glad I don't buy keys. Currently at 400 keys used without an unusual.

Goon Boon said:

Cool site. Here are my results after opening 200 series 9 crates:

capture4ebv.jpg

lmao I am never ever ever buying a key. And I have NO idea how people have so many unusuals. Check out the Steam tf2 trading forum and you'll see tons of people trading unusuals

By the way, sometimes there's a 503 server error when you click but you can just refresh and it works

I don't know how people do it.

You got an unusual hat!
It only cost you a whopping $1215.00!
Overall, you have used 487 keys.
Your most expensive unusual hat this session cost $1215.00 and your cheapest cost $1215.00.
Your last unusual hat: Vivid Plasma German Gonzila.

On the plus side...
You also got 12 hats and 474 paints to go along with your 1 unusuals.
These items are worth about 182.00 refined metal. It would have cost you $1300.14 to buy them from the Mann Co. Store.

Only opened Series 9 crates. Most of those paint colors won't trade worth crap, only Lime, Pink, and Slate for much lower.

Edit: Ha ha, I'm at the top of the Hall of Fame. My bad luck is legendary.

Kulock said:
I don't know how people do it.

Only opened Series 9 crates. Most of those paint colors won't trade worth crap, only Lime, Pink, and Slate for much lower.

Edit: Ha ha, I'm at the top of the Hall of Fame. My bad luck is legendary.
lol congrats on being #1
I'm #9!

And my bad luck is so bad, that I only stayed #1 for a short while.

The top high score took 652 keys.

Edit: $1,630.00 divided by 2.50 is 652, not 653, weird. Maybe it doesn't include the last key?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The amount of money you guys are spending on keys could have been used to buy new hardware. Good lord.

EDIT: Oh wait, its just a generator. Thank fuck. I thought some of you guys had spent thousands of dollars on keys!

Blizzard said:
Are you being serious, or are you just annoyed when people hit you with it?

That is literally the only reason :lol. I had a really bad 2fort run with ye ol Scout.

Yeef

SumPog said:
Getting near 500 point criticals with the sniper class is so fucking fun.
What a strange way to say "I enjoy getting headshots."

Getting 2700 point critical melee attacks as the Spy class is even more fun! :p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Does the new flaming axe for the Pyro have any real use? I cant think of a single way to use it effectively. If I'm going to get that close to the enemy there are so many better options.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Goon Boon said:

I got an unusual hat within 10 keys! TO THE MANN CO STORE!

Also, the "Can't be traded till the game comes out" thing doesn't bother me to much in this case, the game comes out Tuesday. For the RIFT items, I personally don't find them that useful.

Cmagus

I have a question I am going to start playing this again tonight do I want to install TF2 Beta? is that what everyone is playing on right now?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No, no one on GAF is really playing TF2 beta. Its a nice distraction to try out the changes they are testing, but it hasn't replaced the GAF server. Install it if you have the space and don't mind the download, since it takes up 9GB, but you are only going to find a few public servers. I don't think I have seen more the 20 servers total running at one time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Most Spine-Chilling Skulls are untradable (Only a few early crafted ones were), though they are all gift able. It would likely be a fairly expensive hat to get a hold of, though if you have a Haunted Metal Scrap you could try to craft your own (Its a 50/50 chance, needs 4 Refined)

You should still be able to get a Haunted Metal Scrap if you get the Gored! achievement, which you can get by killing the Horsemann with a Melee Weapon when he spawns in Mann Manor (He will spawn if 10 or more players are playing)

Forkball

I've had about six drops since the Shogun update, and not a single new weapon. I did finally get a Backscratcher and Ullapool Caber though. The caber is pretty fun and I like how it goes off if you just hit an object or wall. That means even if they dodge my attack, chances are they can still get hit if they're near some obstacle.

Drkirby said:
Most Spine-Chilling Skulls are untradable (Only a few early crafted ones were), though they are all gift able. It would likely be a fairly expensive hat to get a hold of, though if you have a Haunted Metal Scrap you could try to craft your own (Its a 50/50 chance, needs 4 Refined)

You should still be able to get a Haunted Metal Scrap if you get the Gored! achievement, which you can get by killing the Horsemann with a Melee Weapon when he spawns in Mann Manor (He will spawn if 10 or more players are playing)
Whoa, that would be awesome. I'm assuming it's last hit for melee and not 100% of damage done to him melee

Only problem would be other people trying to kill him. Might try it in that idle server in the middle of the night lol

Forkball said:
I've had about six drops since the Shogun update, and not a single new weapon. I did finally get a Backscratcher and Ullapool Caber though. The caber is pretty fun and I like how it goes off if you just hit an object or wall. That means even if they dodge my attack, chances are they can still get hit if they're near some obstacle.
I found the Caber and traded for Chargin' Targe... sweet combo :D

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball said:
Just keep trying. I feel like I got some 8+ (including paint and a name tag) items before I got the new spy knife.

Recalling yesterday's game, I wonder how Yeef didn't manage to kill me in Hightower after I backstabbed a Sniper and sapped the sentry. I had only 35 HP left! Fortunately that gave me enough time to recharge the Dead Ringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom