• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArtistDude88 said:
Anyone think this would be a bad trade for a Big Kill?

4 refined metals
2 paints (Deep Commitment to Purple + Gentleman's Business Pants)
Dueling Mini-game
Name tag
and maybe a Heavy Hard Counter as a deal sweetener/replacement of duel?

I just want a Big Kill so damn bad. I don't have ear buds, unusual hats, keys, and I'm not trading away my damn Bill's Hat for a goddamn gun reskin. :mad:
If you can buy it at that price, do it immediately. The Big Kill is worth at least a buds, so we're talking 12 keys or more. Probably more like 14-15.

That stuff you listed is worth like 3 keys max.

opticalmace said:
If you can buy it at that price, do it immediately. The Big Kill is worth at least a buds, so we're talking 12 keys or more. Probably more like 14-15.

That stuff you listed is worth like 3 keys max.

Man, I really hate this fucked up "economy" in TF2.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
ArtistDude88 said:
Man, I really hate this fucked up "economy" in TF2.

I was in a server the other day and some guy was paying anywhere from $90 to $100+ for unusual hats... and he was happy to get them at that price. Some other guy on the server has 35+ unusual hats. lol

OK feeling generous.

Do any of you poor and irish gentlemen have so few hats that you could benefit from a free vintage noble amassment of hats?

Because I will give it to some nice GAFer. My only request is that you pass on this if you already have several hats, so that someone less fortunate can have it.

PM me with your steam ID and when I'm online later today/tomorrow I'll give it to you.

Done.

Tucah

you speak so well
opticalmace said:
OK feeling generous.

Do any of you poor and irish gentlemen have so few hats that you could benefit from a free vintage noble amassment of hats?

Because I will give it to some nice GAFer. My only request is that you pass on this if you already have several hats, so that someone less fortunate can have it.

PM me with your steam ID and when I'm online later today/tomorrow I'll give it to you.

I'd love some hats if someone else hasn't gotten to you yet, I just restarted TF2 after not playing since release pretty much and I'm nearly hatless (outside of some halo the game gave me). PMed :)

Tucah said:
I'd love some hats if someone else hasn't gotten to you yet, I just restarted TF2 after not playing since release pretty much and I'm nearly hatless (outside of some halo the game gave me). PMed :)
It is yours my friend. PM'd.

Just traded a vintage caber and loch-n-load for a non-vintage caber and loch-n-load
PLUS
A Rimmed Raincatcher and a Magnificent Mongolian

I feel like I scammed him, but he was the one who started the trade.

balladofwindfishes said:
Just traded a vintage caber and loch-n-load for a non-vintage caber and loch-n-load
PLUS

Craft them together. You know you want to!

I crafted a few together and made the sight for sore eyes. Sold for ~5 keys. Then I random crafted the honcho's headgear. Sold for ~5 keys.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A hats worth.

opticalmace said:
Craft them together. You know you want to!

I crafted a few together and made the sight for sore eyes. Sold for ~5 keys. Then I random crafted the honcho's headgear. Sold for ~5 keys.

I wonder where all these Keys come from. I guess people buy them, but there seem to be tons in circulation.

Forkball

balladofwindfishes said:
PLUS

Yeah you kinda screwed him. To redeem yourself, give me that Magnificent Mongolian and you will be cleansed.

Oreoleo

Clydefrog said:
People are giving away hats in this thread and this guy has the audacity to admit that he scams people! Shame! SHAAAAAAAME!

I'd do it.

evilCalvin.jpg

Javaman

Nikolai13 said:
I agree. Plus, I love my current mouse and keyboard too much.

By the way, how about those rounds last night? Coldfront was really great I thought at least!

Yeah, there were a lot of really close rounds! Good stuff.

Forkball said:
Yeah you kinda screwed him. To redeem yourself, give me that Magnificent Mongolian and you will be cleansed.
Hey, if you have a Larrikin Robin, I'll gladly trade you for the Mongolian.

I already have my color of slate ready for when the Robin is made paintable so I can have "King Graham's Cap"
m.png

DogWelder

Nikolai13 said:
Javaman was major credit to our team with his usual awesome medic-ing. I want to be a medic just like Java!
I've seen a surprising amount of poor medics on the GAF server lately, but I can't complain, even a shitty medic is credit to the team. You played medic really well last night. Don't be like Java and lose your kritz, hit 'em early!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Iadien said:
I was in a server the other day and some guy was paying anywhere from $90 to $100+ for unusual hats... and he was happy to get them at that price. Some other guy on the server has 35+ unusual hats. lol
Christ! Gotta be a scam...? How do you know they actually got the money? I had a stout shanko I pretty much gave away. I didn't know there'd be weirdos paying so much for digital goods. What happens when TF3 comes out? I jusr don't understand the memtality unless someone was giving him more?

@Nikolai - thanks! Now I'm closer to Javaman in age...Should change my name to Geezerman. Or Geezerdude88?

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Kuro Madoushi said:
Christ! Gotta be a scam...? How do you know they actually got the money? I had a stout shanko I pretty much gave away. I didn't know there'd be weirdos paying so much for digital goods. What happens when TF3 comes out? I jusr don't understand the memtality unless someone was giving him more?

@Nikolai - thanks! Now I'm closer to Javaman in age...Should change my name to Geezerman. Or Geezerdude88?

How about Geezer Madoushi88? Whatever you want though! It's your birthday :D

esc said:
I've seen a surprising amount of poor medics on the GAF server lately, but I can't complain, even a shitty medic is credit to the team. You played medic really well last night. Don't be like Java and lose your kritz, hit 'em early!

I medic-ed last night? Thanks for the compliment :D Java is still the better of the two of us, especially with that darn needlegun!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
esc said:
Ehhh...there's hitting it on time and then there's knowing what to do.

Walk in front to make pyros waste airblast.
Block other ubers and kritz with your ubers.
Deflect sentry fire while uber buddy tries to destroy it.
Quickly switch the uber to someone else nearby if they're about to die, which I almost never see in gamed.
Most important of all, which I also rarely see meds do, back up when your uber runs out. Noob meds push and stay too long after ubers. The problem is the team almost never charges in with you so unless you kill a lot of enemies, you're stuck and surrounded. So, you gotta warn your med buddy or back off yourself and leave him to die.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Kuro Madoushi said:
Ehhh...there's hitting it on time and then there's knowing what to do.

Walk in front to make pyros waste airblast.
Block other ubers and kritz with your ubers.
Deflect sentry fire while uber buddy tries to destroy it.
Quickly switch the uber to someone else nearby if they're about to die, which I almost never see in gamed.
Most important of all, which I also rarely see meds do, back up when your uber runs out. Noob meds push and stay too long after ubers. The problem is the team almost never charges in with you so unless you kill a lot of enemies, you're stuck and surrounded. So, you gotta warn your med buddy or back off yourself and leave him to die.

You are great with that. When we were getting torn to pieces on that one server, you always made sure you were in between the other team and myself, but most of the time, we just got over-run anyways

Javaman

Nikolai13 said:
How about Geezer Madoushi88? Whatever you want though! It's your birthday :D

I medic-ed last night? Thanks for the compliment :D Java is still the better of the two of us, especially with that darn needlegun!

Meh, I don't think so. I play medic way too aggressively and tend to lose ubers/kritz more than I get to use them. Thankfully I use that saw that lets you keep 20% charge when you die. I almost never use uber unless there's a stalemate or sentry nest. A decent demo/sold/heavy who are kritzed can do far more damage and tear their team up more.

Javaman

Kuro Madoushi said:
So, you gotta warn your med buddy or back off yourself and leave him to die.

Blutz is AMAZING for retreating if you know the map well. Lay down a wall of healing needles while running backwards and you can escape some pretty tricky situations. (works especially well against pyros unless they are already on top of you.)

Oops, sorry for the double post. Going senile

I've never seen you be recklessly aggressive, Java. Every time I do see you, you seem to be doing a good job and evading my killing you.

These past few games I've been more reckless than usual, so I can't help but feel that the shitty Medic comment was aimed at me. In Harvest I'd spawn and look for people to heal, but if I didn't see anyone, I'd say "Fuck it" and deal as much damage as I could on the enemy on our point. Rinse, repeat.

Also, I've been very unlucky as of late. I seriously get killed a lot more quickly now =/ It feels like that to me, anyway.

Yeef

Java is ridiculously aggressive as a medic. Not that I mind, it gives me more chances to catch him away from his team and kill him! :D

leroidys

I just have to add one more thing to my long list of grievences with thunder mountain. On the last stage, a medic heavy combo is virtually invincible in the undercover area right before b. They can just sit in the crook and kill all challengers indefinitely.

Yeef

leroidys said:
I just have to add one more thing to my long list of grievences with thunder mountain. On the last stage, a medic heavy combo is virtually invincible in the undercover area right before b. They can just sit in the crook and kill all challengers indefinitely.
Nope. A demo can kill them pretty easily without too much danger to himself. Not to mention a good spy can sneak in their pretty easily. It should be fairly easy to bait them out (at which point you have tons of options, including airblasting off the cliff). If they insist on staying put you can just stay on the far side of the cart where they can't hit you.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Degroot is laughable, wow.

I don't understand why the only way out for the defending team before C is open is to probably injure yourself.

It totally needs a moat. It would cushion the defending team's fall, make it harder for the attackers to all bunch up against the walls outside the door, and actually give you a place to put out fires without Mad Milk, maybe with the downside that the only ways back up are more towards A and B.

Jinaar

Gotta play on the GAF Server soon, hows the lag there?

I just had a huge game but unfortunately I cannot test out the GAF waters tonight. Hockey and beer next :)

Shit this game is addicting! (If these pics are too big I'll evaporate em!)

K0pB5.jpg

C1INj.jpg

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Kuro Madoushi said:

A guy I know on a different server sold one to him, it's not a scam. The guy paying for the unusual hats is obsessed with hard counters, he wants every single unusual version of it. http://www.tf2items.com/id/Bigdaddykush That's his backpack... lol

Clydefrog

Nice round, Jinaar!

I think the best I've done was 177 points as huntsman sniper on dustbowl with a ridiculous number of headshots. Not sure if I ever crossed 200...

Jinaar

Clydefrog said:
Nice round, Jinaar!

I think the best I've done was 177 points as huntsman sniper on dustbowl with a ridiculous number of headshots. Not sure if I ever crossed 200...

Haha I could not imagine that many points in one round. I'm just getting my mouse hand use to FPS games again. Mouse Keyboard is truly an art. It helps that this game is so full of character to make the ease back into computer FPS games to be so much fun. One day I will come visit the GAF Server. Just so I can be gibbed to pieces by you all. Mmmmmm my body parts all over the place... ^_^

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Javaman said:
Meh, I don't think so. I play medic way too aggressively and tend to lose ubers/kritz more than I get to use them. Thankfully I use that saw that lets you keep 20% charge when you die. I almost never use uber unless there's a stalemate or sentry nest. A decent demo/sold/heavy who are kritzed can do far more damage and tear their team up more.

Well if you were ever in a 6v6 or 9v9 match, I'm sure you'd flourish. In GAF, we're all just playing for fun anyways :D

Javaman

Nikolai13 said:
Well if you were ever in a 6v6 or 9v9 match, I'm sure you'd flourish. In GAF, we're all just playing for fun anyways :D
Yeah, that's the way to do it. Serious gaming is too stressful for me. Plus I never know when an interruption will happen. I almost forgot something else nifty about the kritz, you can still cap while kritzed.

leroidys

Yeef said:
Nope. A demo can kill them pretty easily without too much danger to himself. Not to mention a good spy can sneak in their pretty easily. It should be fairly easy to bait them out (at which point you have tons of options, including airblasting off the cliff). If they insist on staying put you can just stay on the far side of the cart where they can't hit you.

Are we talking about the same place? Theres a huge amount of space for them to run around in. If you come in one side as a demo, they just move down a long hallway and you're fucked. You can't attack from above, which is usually how the heavy is taken down, and the medic can get out of harms way in a second. A good spy can not sneak in their easily, and they will only be bated out if they are stupid. What do you mean by stay on the far side of the cart? The cart goes through here.

Here is the spot I'm talking about.

RrtAe.jpg

9nrAu.jpg

DkobO.jpg

y7rpv.jpg

l5srn.jpg

It's a veritable rabbit hole.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I know what nook you're talking about. I just come down the stairs and shoot rockets around the corner. If I take damage there's a large health box there. If they chase me I go back up the stairs and shoot rockets down on them. You just have to use the little room.

Clydefrog

Borgnine said:
I know what nook you're talking about. I just come down the stairs and shoot rockets. If they chase me I shoot rockets.

FTFY

and the Clydefrog way is,

I know what nook you're talking about. I just come down the stairs and shoot arrows. If they chase me I shoot arrows.

leroidys

Borgnine said:
I know what nook you're talking about. I just come down the stairs and shoot rockets around the corner. If I take damage there's a large health box there. If they chase me I go back up the stairs and shoot rockets down on them. You just have to use the little room.

Yeah soldier seems the best option to me, with a healthy helping of crockets. If you don't have any crits though, its very difficult to take out a heavy with constant medic support. And often times teams using this strategy have an sg on those stairs. I'm not a very good soldier, but I still get owned over and over using this strategy, especially as I usually play on no crit servers. Its also not uncommon to see two heavies and two medics down there. And then they have a team of other players too.

After we got horribly trashed in badwater, I still don't know how that happened, I got a weird glitch after we changed to RED, my game got stuck but I could still hear people talking and the cart moving.

B3102C32E71D6E461A2303D3064CDA8E82987EF1

DB8F9112B6C14D8933BE94E33DEA474C914EE4D0

If you check the timer on top, you'll see that I took them following each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom