• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ping spiked to 487 (!!!) in a pub. I was using the flamethrower totally in front of people but they didn't burn and my headshots only happened when I shot on the upper body, lol wut.

Got killed at bad times as medic tonight. Could've done better but I think I did a little better than normal. Think that pissed me off the most though was 2 times as soon as I uber'd oreo he was killed. Why am I pissed off? He was uber'd both times on my screen when it happened. Whatever I'll try again another night and hope to uber at better times.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Happy Birthday Evil Mario!

Nice job with those new stats Artist! Pretty darn impressive if you ask me. Not sure if I was there, but I wish I was :( I do miss pocketing you with your demo pants on haha

commissar

went over my cap today, so I downloaded all the tf2 maps on the server list.

adding those means my tf2 maps folder is 3.69gb. I think I'm well prepared for most eventualities :)

Yeef

commissar said:
went over my cap today, so I downloaded all the tf2 maps on the server list.

adding those means my tf2 maps folder is 3.69gb. I think I'm well prepared for most eventualities :)
Bacon is the map master!

Is there a list with "jumping edges", you know, where you can stand on something, on small edges, etc. I "found out" two in goldrush 1 (I actually saw a guy doing them) to reach both balconies as a Scout. I tried them and the really help.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Nikolai13 said:
Happy Birthday Evil Mario!

Nice job with those new stats Artist! Pretty darn impressive if you ask me. Not sure if I was there, but I wish I was :( I do miss pocketing you with your demo pants on haha

Thanks, Nikolai. ^_^

Forkball

So I got a hat drop last night (Sergeant's Drill Hat, actually the second time that's dropped for me). I was thinking about trading it but didn't really know what I wanted, so I just crafted it with my Bonk Helm and got... a Master's Yellow Belt! A good Sniper hat, and you can wear it in Portal 2. I want to paint it though, but I'm not sure what color. Team Spirit would look nice, but people are pretty ridiculous when it comes to trading that. Why Valve, why won't you let that stupid paint drop?

Forkball said:
So I got a hat drop last night (Sergeant's Drill Hat, actually the second time that's dropped for me). I was thinking about trading it but didn't really know what I wanted, so I just crafted it with my Bonk Helm and got... a Master's Yellow Belt! A good Sniper hat, and you can wear it in Portal 2. I want to paint it though, but I'm not sure what color. Team Spirit would look nice, but people are pretty ridiculous when it comes to trading that. Why Valve, why won't you let that stupid paint drop?
I have gotten many offers for 1 ref for Team Spirit. You should check out a trade server, normally wait for a while if no one has it, just change to another server.

Javaman

ArtistDude88 said:
But n0b hasn't done his honks since he started actually talking. :( Fog horns ftw

Also, the Orson Welles inside me will never let green peaness die!
He's inside you? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Cipherr

Sgt.Pepper said:
Egypt is pretty great for Spy and Soldier, Scouts not so much. Mostly because the high number of engineer that are always in those maps.

I think egypt is an extremely flawed map set. The final point in all three egypt maps promote mass engineering on a level that no other maps can equal. If the server the maps are on dont limit the number of engies it gets ridiculous on those last points. I got my medic achievement (the one where you work with 2 other medics to deploy 3 subsequent ubers on one guy) on that map and we still didnt clear all of the sentries turtled away around the point. Its beyond insane.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Cipherr said:
I think egypt is an extremely flawed map set. The final point in all three egypt maps promote mass engineering on a level that no other maps can equal. If the server the maps are on dont limit the number of engies it gets ridiculous on those last points. I got my medic achievement (the one where you work with 2 other medics to deploy 3 subsequent ubers on one guy) on that map and we still didnt clear all of the sentries turtled away around the point. Its beyond insane.

Even two engies on the final point on all three maps is enough to defend everything. Your team really has to suck not to be able to defend them with two engies.

Yeah I know I know, ubers and all. But you HAVE to uber demomen. You HAVE to hope their pyros don't push you back. You HAVE to hope the rest of your goddamn team does something. Instaspawn server? Just forget about it.

I wish they would get ride of those crates near the columns on the first point. Wow is it hard to take out sentries when you have engies camping and fixing their shit the entire time.

That's why I always prefer maps where the attacking team can penetrate from two different areas. A...DP if you will...But something like Hoodoo? Oh man... :(

Shout out to Nikolai and ZombieSupaStar...man did we get rolled. There's only so much anyone can do on that server...lul sentry placement. I kill some people only to look to my left and there's a whole host of other people there, and I got no ammo left. I probably would've raged a lot sooner, but I had enough beer to keep my content.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Kuro Madoushi said:
Even two engies on the final point on all three maps is enough to defend everything. Your team really has to suck not to be able to defend them with two engies.

Yeah I know I know, ubers and all. But you HAVE to uber demomen. You HAVE to hope their pyros don't push you back. You HAVE to hope the rest of your goddamn team does something. Instaspawn server? Just forget about it.

I wish they would get ride of those crates near the columns on the first point. Wow is it hard to take out sentries when you have engies camping and fixing their shit the entire time.

That's why I always prefer maps where the attacking team can penetrate from two different areas. A...DP if you will...But something like Hoodoo? Oh man... :(

Shout out to Nikolai and ZombieSupaStar...man did we get rolled. There's only so much anyone can do on that server...lul sentry placement. I kill some people only to look to my left and there's a whole host of other people there, and I got no ammo left. I probably would've raged a lot sooner, but I had enough beer to keep my content.

Yeah man. Props to you. You at least kept us in the running longer than if we didn't have you at all. Man, I love giving Demo's Kritz. So much fun. We actually won a round on defense after you left. Toxic and I manned the attic, but yeah, I couldn't believe how badly we were getting stomped. No support :( Where's the effin' team??????

Proven

Kuro Madoushi said:

Egypt does piss me off from time to time, but I've gotten used to Hoodoo. The thing that the final points on Hoodoo do right is either A) have a number of flank points that teammates can use to snipe sentries and follow an uber from or B) have the final defense enclosed in a small area. This makes attacking and defending pretty interesting, rather than just a spam fest. Coming from someone that usually plays Medic/Engy on offense and Medic/Soldier on defense.

Blizzard

Banned
(._.) said:
pretty much ever A/D map the game should go to offense. the other team sucks if defense wins.
I feel like Egypt, maybe hoodoo, maybe the last dustbowl point, and maybe steel are all tough if the defense has lots of good engineers. Maybe that could be said about quite a few maps though.

Clydefrog

Forkball said:

I painted mine black and named it "The black belt" :D

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Yeef said:
Did you give up speaking for Lent?

Haha, I might as well have. Hopefully my voice isn't that annoying :X

But seriously, it's tough not using voice chat on the server. Plus I miss actually talking with you guys

My mouse stopped working for some reason, the wheel and cursor work, but the right/left click don't do anything. =/

Maybe I should just get a wired one.

Clydefrog

this guy wasn't sure what weapon he wanted to use

34s5udy.jpg

I thought Valve fixed that bug where your background applications' (in this case, my music player) sound was lowered significantly if you used your mic to talk. I don't like playing TF2 without my music (or it being low).

Instro

Sgt.Pepper said:
My mouse stopped working for some reason, the wheel and cursor work, but the right/left click don't do anything. =/

Maybe I should just get a wired one.

Generally Ive found that wireless keyboards and mice dont last very long compared to wired. The wires are slightly more annoying, but Ive had a lot less problems.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
dragonlife29 said:
I thought Valve fixed that bug where your background applications' (in this case, my music player) sound was lowered significantly if you used your mic to talk. I don't like playing TF2 without my music (or it being low).
There's an option in Windows that does that if you haven't looked there.

Also, man I want the demo for this... I really should auto record everything :[

QW70R.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah get wired.

When I was playing comp and using a wireless...man oh man...

stupid uber popped randomly, keys would be unresponsive, batteries would run out.

I'm glad I went back to wired after all that.

dragonlife29 said:

If you have Win7, click you sound icon
Click on Mixer
Click on System Sounds
Go to Communications tab
Select Do Nothing
Apply

No more volume reducing!

Dug

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
If you have Win7, click you sound icon
Click on Mixer
Click on System Sounds
Go to Communications tab
Select Do Nothing
Apply

No more volume reducing!
Thanks for the tip!

Kuro Madoushi said:
Yeah get wired.
When I was playing comp and using a wireless...man oh man...
stupid uber popped randomly, keys would be unresponsive, batteries would run out.
I'm glad I went back to wired after all that.

Yeah, I play on a coffee table in front of a big 1080p HDTV. I bought 4 different wireless keyboards & mice before I just gave up on it. It worked OK sometimes but much more consistent with wired. The only problem is the dog or people tripping on the wires.

Yeef

I've had no problem with my wireless sets, but I keep my receiver about 7 inches away from my mouse pad. Batteries are never an issue because I use rechargables and they last me about 6 months on a charge.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
ArtistDude88 said:
Until wireless is 100% infallible, I doubt I'll ever buy anything without wires. Wireless sucks!

I agree. Plus, I love my current mouse and keyboard too much.

By the way, how about those rounds last night? Coldfront was really great I thought at least!

Jinaar

I started playing TF2 again this weekend, last time I played was like 2 years ago. Game is like party sex. Everyone is invited and we're all freaks with hats.

Started with a K/D of like 0.3 on Thursday :) but finally up to K/D of 1.2 at least per game on Sunday. I haven't played a M/KB FPS in agessssssssssss.

Traded a peace ten gallon (bought for 2.5 buds) and a flies pugilist (1.5) and got myself a scorching heavy duty rag!

Love the heavy. I am very excite.

Anyone think this would be a bad trade for a Big Kill?

4 refined metals
2 paints (Deep Commitment to Purple + Gentleman's Business Pants)
Dueling Mini-game
Name tag
and maybe a Heavy Hard Counter as a deal sweetener/replacement of duel?

I just want a Big Kill so damn bad. I don't have ear buds, unusual hats, keys, and I'm not trading away my damn Bill's Hat for a goddamn gun reskin. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom