• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Good rounds tonight. It felt nice playing with everyone AND being able to talk :D Loads of regulars. I enjoyed making fun of that one numb skull

Forkball

The Minecraft server looks pretty cool. It has a lot of aspects from the game in it. But it has a really maze-like area and some higher places are hard to get to. I'd like to play it with more people.

Also I've been trying out weapons I barely/never use. I'm digging the Force a Nature. I haven't used it in a long time, but now I think I see it's advantages. The Loch and Load is also great for taking out buildings.

Yeef

leroidys said:
Are we talking about the same place? Theres a huge amount of space for them to run around in. If you come in one side as a demo, they just move down a long hallway and you're fucked. You can't attack from above, which is usually how the heavy is taken down, and the medic can get out of harms way in a second. A good spy can not sneak in their easily, and they will only be bated out if they are stupid. What do you mean by stay on the far side of the cart? The cart goes through here.

Here is the spot I'm talking about.
It's a veritable rabbit hole.
Apparently we're not talking about the same place. I thought you were talking about the little cubbyhole that's right at the second point on the cliff side.

That said, I still don't think the area you're talking about is a problem. They can't kill indefinitely because the heavy will need ammo, which means going out in the open. And again, with some teamwork it should be relatively easy to take them out by flanking.

If it's an entire team with a nest and everything, then obviously it's going to be a lot harder, but there's crappy choke points like that on lots of maps. I've never seen the blue team get locked down in that area in all the times I've played Thunder mountain though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
esc said:
Ohhhh FrogSkin is Clydefrog.....derp.
I didn't know that either. It's hard to know if a lot of people on the server really are from GAF or not.

Flank you, desh! You flankity flanking flankhole! >:/

Forkball

No, Clydefrog is Artemis Clivefrog. He and Frogskin were in the same match, unless he has two computers that he's playing simultaneously.

Yeef

I was having a hard time flanking tonight on Steel, because of Forkball. It's hard to flank when someone's watching...

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Poor Nob haha

More good games tonight except for that one that took foreverrrrrrrrrrr. I'm with Oreo. Let's never play that again

Kuro Madoushi said:
I didn't know that either. It's hard to know if a lot of people on the server really are from GAF or not.

I agree

Ketch

Kuro Madoushi said:

Flank you, desh! You flankity flanking flankhole! >:/

Yea.. I often wonder if I should change my steam name to match my GAF name but I like the steam one better... and it's not my fault GAF took a year and half to approve my account.

EasyTGT said:
Yea.. I often wonder if I should change my steam name to match my GAF name but I like the steam one better... and it's not my fault GAF took a year and half to approve my account.

+1

but i think everyone already knows who i am on the server...

Blizzard

Banned
Nikolai13 said:
Poor Nob haha

More good games tonight except for that one that took foreverrrrrrrrrrr. I'm with Oreo. Let's never play that again
Yup, 5-point capture maps are the best, aren't they. >_>

Also, it was followed up by that gravelpit wannabe custom map which is kind of confusing.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
EasyTGT said:
Well, the other thing is that a lot of us were on Java's Janky ass server awhile ago and that was filled with Gaffers we were familiar with. Though I haven'y seen sciz, twiggy, joefu, and others around in a loooooooong ass time.

I change my name a lot just to troll javaman and spaceb0y, but I always have the much-maligned GG tag. Wouldn't mind a return of the GAF tag, if only while on the server, so that we can trash talk on the forums easier :D

Also, was it me or was there extra tasty crispy janky last night? I swore I had 4 clear headshots not register and one that registered 3 seconds after I shot...also had a loy of magically teleporting Blus as well...FLANKING HAX!

DogWelder

n0b teabagging was the highlight of the last night. Poor guy was trying to put on a theatrical performance but no-one really appreciated it. NEVER CHANGE n0b.

DogWelder

Kuro Madoushi said:
Well, the other thing is that a lot of us were on Java's Janky ass server awhile ago and that was filled with Gaffers we were familiar with. Though I haven'y seen sciz, twiggy, joefu, and others around in a loooooooong ass time.

I change my name a lot just to troll javaman and spaceb0y, but I always have the much-maligned GG tag. Wouldn't mind a return of the GAF tag, if only while on the server, so that we can trash talk on the forums easier :D

Also, was it me or was there extra tasty crispy janky last night? I swore I had 4 clear headshots not register and one that registered 3 seconds after I shot...also had a loy of magically teleporting Blus as well...FLANKING HAX!
There was certainly some weirdness going on. I froze on Upwards for like 15 seconds, but my connection hadn't timed out or anything 'cause I could still speak and hear people talking.

desh said:
No, the role of FrogSkin was played by desh tonight.

The flank is strong with this one.
Ohhh sorry I guess I shoulda figured. Artemis usually only plays asshole bow sniper.

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
Sciz hasn't played on the GAF server in a while, JoeFu stops by once every 3 years, Twig uninstalled TF2 a month or 2 ago.

Definitely maximum jank. There were a couple of times where I rocket jumped and it looked like I missed the jump, but then a half a second later I was teleported into the air where I was supposed to be.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Kuro Madoushi said:

The server was extra Janky last night. Who was there when that guy was b****ing about everything? That was annoying as hell, and I hope that me making fun of him scared him off. Shout out to n0b and Oreoleo for keeping my "rage" in check haha

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kuro Madoushi said:

Joefu stops on every now and then twig is "never playing that horrible game ever again"

Also, last night sounds like it was a good night, but I had homework and studding and only snuck in a few games.

corn_fest

Nikolai13 said:
The server was extra Janky last night. Who was there when that guy was b****ing about everything? That was annoying as hell, and I hope that me making fun of him scared him off. Shout out to n0b and Oreoleo for keeping my "rage" in check haha
Dude, calm down. Why are you so angry?
:D

Forkball

Sgt.Pepper said:
Ok guys, I still need an explanation why we didn't even get the cart to the first point in Badwater.
If it's the time I'm thinking of, I was dicking around troll sniping and not really helping.

Speaking of that, I really hate it when I jarate someone and no one goes in for the kill. That's like a free point right there.

Forkball said:
If it's the time I'm thinking of, I was dicking around troll sniping and not really helping.

Speaking of that, I really hate it when I jarate someone and no one goes in for the kill. That's like a free point right there.
Jarate seems to be very popular right now. That Jarate can be much more powerful than the sniper gun. Throw the piss on a crowd and then a Heavy can mow them down to nothing pretty damn quick.

Perhaps that is why the back burner now has airblast . . . to help deflect jarate throws.

Drkirby said:
Team Effort, and Superior Drkirby Defense Skills!
No, it was clearly the engineering team with Sentries killing, teleporters bringing the lesser players to the fight, and dispensers for propping up those lesser players.

;-p

(._.)

Banned
I am proud to announce my friend and I are going to start submitting items for TF2 this summer :D

hope some of them make it

Yeef

I haven't played soldier much over the last few months, so I've been trying to play him more frequently. I think I'll mostly stick to Soldier and Pyro for a few days. It seems like my aim has gotten consistently worse with Scout lately. Part of it is probably because a wheel broke off from my chair and now I have to lean to one side or play lob-sided. I also think a new mouse might help. I have my configs set so that holding shift increases my sensitivity, but I always forget to use it in the heat of battle (except when I'm sniping). Having a mouse with an extra button on the thumb side would help, I think.

It'd be nice if scripts allowed you to specify that they only be used with certain weapons, then I could just bind right click to up sensitivity whenever I'm using weapons with no alt fire.

(._.) said:
I am proud to announce my friend and I are going to start submitting items for TF2 this summer :D

You're ruining the game! RUINING THE GAME!!!

Good luck!

Ceebs

(._.) said:

I would begin each design process by asking a simple question:

"How badly will this item upset people on the Steam forums?"

Clydefrog

TF2 needs poison. I feel like the game is missing poison. Something like mustard gas (actual mustard?)

I don't want it to be like jarate's half-sister though.

desh said:
make the battle medic a viable class.
I find that being a medic with the amputator is pretty potent. I had some lives where I took out several people with that amputator. But you need to be in close for that melee kill.

Yeef

Beta update just went out.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1629850

A few notes about this update:

We're evaluating options on reducing The Equalizer's power (see below). Stop by the beta forum to share your feedback.
This update will break existing replays and demos.

Gameplay:

• Medic:
  • Beta Syringe Gun
    • Applies Mad Milk for 1 second
    • 50% slower firing rate
    • 90% less damage
  • Beta Bonesaw
    • Allows the user to see enemy health
  • Sniper:
    • Beta Sniper Rifle
    • On Hit: Rifle charge rate increased by 35%
    • On Miss: Rifle charge rate decreased by 65%
  • Beta Sniper Club
    • 25% increase in damage when health <50% of max
    • 25% decrease in damage when health >50% of max
  • Soldier:
    • Beta Rocket Launcher
    • When the medic healing you is killed you gain crit boost for 8 seconds
    • On Hit: -10 Health
  • Beta Shotgun
    • While a medic is healing you, this weapons' damage is increased by 25%
    • While not being healed by a medic, your weapon switch time is 25% longer
  • Beta Split Equalizer 1
    • Damage increases as the user becomes injured
    • Blocks healing while in use
  • Beta Split Equalizer 2
    • Move speed increases as the user becomes injured
    • Blocks healing while in use

General:

• Hooked up many community-submitted response rules
  • Replay
    • Fixed audio sync issues on the Mac
  • Synced with all changes and fixes from the official release

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
desh said:
make the battle medic a viable class.

The only way that is happening is if the medic cannot heal or sucks at healing while going battle medic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom