• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

balladofwindfishes said:
Probably not.

It looks like all the content is done, but they're waiting on the translations.

Two major updates in 3 weeks would be kind of crazy.

Idk people in that Steam thread seemed to think it was tonight. I don't know what those screen shots your posting are supposed to prove. I just want more stuff.

schwaben-charger-9000-promo.png

DumpsterPackPromo.jpg

Also getting in

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I see the Sockets back, looks like Socket Tokens may be true.

Edit: Hey, new game types it looks like. Raid and Specialty

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh cool, looking at the strings in page 5, it looks like it is going to let you know who made what customized gun, since there is a craft name. I wonder what the number is for, maybe a way to easily reproduce weapon? Yeah, I am going to go with that, since it is specifically "Unique Crafting Number" and the attribute is called "Craft Index"

Also, it looks like you use Isotypes to make Sockets.

Oh I hope Valve releases this tonight, it isn't TOO late.

Clydefrog

Wow. This looks fantastic.

I wonder though if there will be a point where older weapons/items will have to be retired. I mean, how much stuff can they make?!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
balladofwindfishes said:
It's too much fun

If Valve is reading this, send a community Gunslinger to my steam account, where my id is ballad.
Thanks Valve :)
Well, since we are now talking to people who aren't there, how about Golden Wrenches for people with Golden Potatoes? I got the Gold Potato for a Gold Wrench, and all I got was this crummy pack of awesome games!

I wonder how the Sockets will work, will you stuff them into a specialized weapon, or into normal ones?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
corn_fest said:
I doubt it, if some of the stuff hasn't been translated yet. Would be really awesome, though.
They can update the Localization files later, the Danish can live a few days without the text in their native tongue.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Odd, there is a tool to take the "isotopes " out of items. Maybe you have to use a special tool to extract isotopes from normal items? Hopefully if true the things are common or can be made with some scrap metal. Or maybe you will get random item drops that have isotopes attached to them, which may be the "Well Designed" Item quality?

Drkirby said:
Odd, there is a tool to take the "isotopes " out of items. Maybe you have to use a special tool to extract isotopes from normal items? Hopefully if true the things are common or can be made with some scrap metal. Or maybe you will get random item drops that have isotopes attached to them, which may be the "Well Designed" Item quality?
Isotopes seem to be more geared towards cosmetic effects. There doesn't seem to be anything implying that they are game changing.

Yeef

You all have horrible tastes in maps. Every game type is great; not liking lakeside is almost as ridiculous as thinking having to both attack and defend is bad.

New items look cool. Pocket medic and TV head are wonderful. I can't help but wonder if some of the items being beta tested right now will use those new skins when they're ready. I can easily see the 9000 being the model for the quickfix.

rar

GOD WHY

not more items, stop it, seriously. theyre all stupid. patch bugs and optimize the game, make some maps and work on the demo player

Forkball

balladofwindfishes said:
They're translating some new hats and some new sets for an update happening soonish...

From the Steam Translation Server

New hats

Pocket Medic Misc
Heavy Luchador Hat
Scout Hoodie
Potato hat is getting the uncovered hat as a style
"Splendid Screen" 4 style available
"Villain's Veil" 2 styles

New weapons

Desert Sniper
Desert Demo (no polycount entry)
Mean Medicine (no polycount entry)
Junkyard Justice (no polycount entry)
Black Market Heavy

New Minigun, called the Goal Keeper, that can destroy projectiles in mid air

Beta Syringe gun is called the Overdose

New unusuals
Red Balloon, Green Beany, Beany Hearts, Beany Targets, Beany TF logo, Glowing Halo and Storm Cloud particles

New gameplay modes
Raid Mode and Specialty. No info given on them

Misc
"Custom Textures" a badge that lets you import an image to put on a badge
"Paint Effects"
New hats have styles

These are merely strings of text that have to be translated, so there isn't much as far as content goes. Links to actual items is speculation.

I'll update as I get more info. This is coming from a chat server and someone who is in the translation program

String dump may be coming soon

LIKE HOW THE 200TH UPDATE WAS THE BIGGEST YET WITH MEET THE MEDIC?

Proven

Honestly, I doubt we'll be seeing anything until May, possibly June. I don't know what the hold up is, but they seem to be waiting on something, and I wouldn't mind a mid-summer major update rather than update during my finals week.

Goddamn, I love you guys <3<3<3

Tonight was a lot of fun. Our team usually always won, which was awesome :p I guess I should stick to Medic forever, since every time I've deviated from his awesomeness, my team ends up losing. IT'S A SIGN.

Sniper? Can't aim for shit. Spy? A waste of time with little to no contribution on my part. I always feel guilty if I know I'm sucking and should change to Medic, but how else am I going to learn, right? I also die a little when my game finally loads and I join a team with two Medics already. That's when I always go for something else.

Proven said:
Honestly, I doubt we'll be seeing anything until May, possibly June. I don't know what the hold up is, but they seem to be waiting on something, and I wouldn't mind a mid-summer major update rather than update during my finals week.

I've heard through the pipeline Meet the Medic is almost 100% complete.

Yeef

You all burn and explode so well.

But you do not stab well >:O

[EDiT] HAHAHA, That is the best screen ever Javaman!

Forkball

Javaman said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560907128066448037/F80DB400FEB283E8966FF18AB2740C8C0C5E2275/
Did you kill that spy by throwing a wrangler at him so hard it knocked him out of his disguise cloud?

Forkball

The guy who made this engy hat noticed that his description for it was in the STS server files, so I guess it's getting in.

3Uoyh.png

Creators have also noticed their hat names in the files. Some possibilities:

qdwAF.png

ccj7f.jpg

EHKd0.png

Bluth54

Kuro Madoushi said:
All CTF maps suck.
I find attack/defend CTF maps a lot more fun the regular CTF. Valve needs to make it an official mode, make HAARP and any other good a/d ctf maps official (I've only played HAARP, so I don't know if any of the others are any good), and maybe make one of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom