• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
rar said:
GOD WHY

not more items, stop it, seriously. theyre all stupid. patch bugs and optimize the game, make some maps and work on the demo player
Why you remove me? Kuro is sad... :'(

It'll probably be another update that breaks everything again. I've been using the vanilla hud since they keep fucking things up.

(._.)

Banned
Game is getting more bloated. Nothing new at all. At least I'll get some new soldier weapons to fuck around with for a few rounds before going back to a mixture of vanilla/war load out. So many useless weapons in this game its crazy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nah, I don't think so. The Hatless update was a fairly big engine update, I think this will mostly be content.

I wonder how they are feeling right now that most of the Community is hating the attributes given to the weapon in the Beta, they are clearly what is going to be given to all these new weapons. Odd that the Dumpster Solider is getting all the Pocket Medic stuff. And obviously this update will be when Meat the Medic comes out, there is a pretty big focus on the class, with the Medic getting a new set of items, the Solider a Medic dependent set, and the Heavy a Medic Misc.

To be honest, other then a few things, most of the items have a place. I think the Dalokohs Bar and Rift items are the only things that are really useless.

Also, with all these new items inbound, it is a good thing I made space in my backpack.

Forkball

Yeah, probably 95% of the updates are actually bug fixes or engine tweaks and not new items. I don't get why people complain about Valve not trying to improve performance or fix bugs when they do it all the time. They even patch fixes for DirectX 8 users. DIRECTX 8.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:
Yeah, probably 95% of the updates are actually bug fixes or engine tweaks and not new items. I don't get why people complain about Valve not trying to improve performance or fix bugs when they do it all the time. They even patch fixes for DirectX 8 users. DIRECTX 8.
I think the problem is most of the time it is the new items that introduce more bugs. Hatless update's Engine changes caused a heap of problems though, but the game runs much smoother now.

STS Strings referencing new items have been removed from the STS.
All threads mentioning the strings on SPUF are being deleted
The entire German translation server is locked down

So we really weren't suppose to know about these.

Edit: Okay I found backups, so all the images are now saved to hard disk

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
rar said:
GOD WHY

not more items, stop it, seriously. theyre all stupid. patch bugs and optimize the game, make some maps and work on the demo player

Valve can't bank off of that stuff.

Here's a list of the stuff I got from the list

Hats/Misc

Ol Geezer
Desert Maruader
Tudor Topper
Furious Fukamigasa
Connoisseur's Cap
Villain's Veil
Pocket Medic
Heavy Thinker
Foragers Frags
Gunners Guard
[classified] style: Apertrure Logo
Team Captain
Western Wear
Splendid Screen
Custom Texture Badge

Sets
Lawrence of Australia Set
One Thousand and One Demoknights
Mean Medicine
Junyard Justice
Black Market Business

New unusual effects

Green Beany
Beany Hearts
Beany TF2 Logo
Glowing Halo
Storm Cloud

Weapons
Shahanshah
Bazaar Bargain
Persian Persuader
Ali Baba's Wee Booties
Sultain's Ceremonial
Schwaben-Charger
Tonsil Clamp
Makeshift Masher
Survivalist's Slugger
Dumpster Device
Busted Booster
Tomislav
Russian Riot
Eviction Notice
Goal Keeping: "Rounds destroy rockets and grenades in flight"

Other
Well Designed rarity
Low Health paint effect
Isotopes

New abilities

"Wearer Cannot Ignite" ability
"Move speed increases as the user becomes damaged"
"Blocks healing while in use"

New Modes
Raid Mode
Speciality Mode

Yeef

Maps are listed in alphabetical order by file name in two sets.
[All Default maps]
[All custom maps]

cp_granary is definitely there. It came up in the vote a couple of times last night.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
That M. Bison hat...I must have it.

It's gonna be a hard choice to choose between that and my Snes Starfox General Pepper Hat (Head Honcho painted Lime) if it gets in the game.

Grimm Fandango said:
I've heard through the pipeline Meet the Medic is almost 100% complete.

So Meet The Medic to release with this new Medic polycount set? That would make sense I guess.

If I had to guess, this Medic set is going to be
- Beta Needlegun
- Quickfix
- Beta Bonesaw

Just using the new names and skins of those items.

The other beta items also match up

3 new Soldier weapons, and 4 new Soldier weapons in that pack (but 2 are the same loadout slot)
2 new Sniper weapons, and 2 new Sniper weapons in that pack

So I was messing around with my tablet and drew this up. What'cha think?

gullyz71h.jpg

Oreoleo

ArtistDude88 said:
So I was messing around with my tablet and drew this up. What'cha think?

gullyz71h.jpg

First thing that comes to mind is demospam. Can't have the spawns above the points like that unless there's a nice wall in the way or they are recessed back enough.

Drkirby said:
Sounds good to me, I expect it to be done by dinner time.
D:

Orellio said:
First thing that comes to mind is demospam. Can't have the spawns above the points like that unless there's a nice wall in the way or they are recessed back enough.

Yeah, I'm leaning more toward a small train yard in the middle to space the spawns out a little more to prevent nades from reaching. Also, a fence/wall to block spawn kills/spam from spawn. :D

Proven

Artistdude, the big thing I'd think about is how big you want the middle areas, and then how do you want to design the side/spawn areas.

The middle is much more important, and you have to figure out how wide you want it to be, how deep you want it to be, and then what extra structures do you want to have for people to hide behind or explosive jump on to. There's also Sniper and Sentry sight lines to consider.

Basically, consider what was done to make plr_hightower's middle a fun place to be while cp5_gorge's middle comes off as mediocre.

Edit: I just realized that if you make it at the bottom of a pit then it's not really King of the Hill anymore.

commissar

Blizzard said:
almost as if it were on in some upside-down country on the bottom of the world, like...AUSTRALIA
ahaha that's brilliant. Add some Mann Co. themed stuff around it, make sure the dirt is red and the dropbears vicious and you'll have an australian map artistdude

desh

Yeef said:
MUJU, where are those configs you were talking about last night?
I was referring to Chris' maxframes config on Chris' FPS Configs website

When I mentioned I needed a new config to help with frames, I thought you mentioned Chris' config, which is what I'm currently using. However, if you'll notice the date at the top of the file I linked, it says April 5, 2011. I gave up TF2 for lent which started on March 9, 2011, and ended last Sunday. So, as you can see his maxframes config was updated while I was not playing; additionally, updates have been made to TF2 that have possibly made the game slower for my system.

rar

Kuro Madoushi said:
Why you remove me? Kuro is sad... :'(

It'll probably be another update that breaks everything again. I've been using the vanilla hud since they keep fucking things up.

i removed most people, ill add you again

if anyone wants to watch the esea season 8 lan finals there's a video stream here:

http://www.justin.tv/mygamingedge

or you can also join the sourcetv of the match and listen to the cast in mumble:

x6 vs eMg wb rd2 game 2 cp_snakewater
stv: connect spectv006.esea.net:29760
mumble ip: 208.100.4.87 port: 64793 channel MGE Shoutcast

rar said:
i removed most people, ill add you again

if anyone wants to watch the esea season 8 lan finals there's a video stream here:

http://www.justin.tv/mygamingedge

or you can also join the sourcetv of the match and listen to the cast in mumble:

x6 vs eMg wb rd2 game 2 cp_snakewater
stv: connect spectv006.esea.net:29760
mumble ip: 208.100.4.87 port: 64793 channel MGE Shoutcast
Man, that stream runs pretty crappy here.

What's the hud they use anyway? Also, the map. Looks pretty interesting.

Oreoleo

Sgt.Pepper said:
Worst is when none of the pyros push the damn ubers. God I hate backburner pyros.

Backburner gets 4 airblasts max, 3 if they've used ANY ammo. Just something to consider. Since switching to backburner a few days ago I've found myself without enough ammo to push an enemy away at least a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom