• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orellio said:
Backburner gets 4 airblasts max, 3 if they've used ANY ammo. Just something to consider. Since switching to backburner a few days ago I've found myself without enough ammo to push an enemy away at least a few times.
I believe there's enough ammo when there are 3 backburner pyros that are on my dispenser or grabing the ammo packs. :p

W+1 pyros still dominate in pubs.

Baha said:
No the hats get dropped as soon as you buy the game. He's not alone though since there's already a thread on the SPUF about it.
I meant the offer, I know you get the hats before the sale is over. I just check the store page and the hats offer are still there.

Dunno why he isn't getting them though.

Proven

Fun times on the server tonight. Thanks for having me, as always.

rar said:
i removed most people, ill add you again

if anyone wants to watch the esea season 8 lan finals there's a video stream here:

http://www.justin.tv/mygamingedge

or you can also join the sourcetv of the match and listen to the cast in mumble:

x6 vs eMg wb rd2 game 2 cp_snakewater
stv: connect spectv006.esea.net:29760
mumble ip: 208.100.4.87 port: 64793 channel MGE Shoutcast

If the stream is crap, always just check the VODs. They actually had a match up from earlier today that I watched instead of sitting on the stream. Then I jumped on TF2.

Orellio said:
Backburner gets 4 airblasts max, 3 if they've used ANY ammo. Just something to consider. Since switching to backburner a few days ago I've found myself without enough ammo to push an enemy away at least a few times.

I personally play Backburner Pyro only when I'm going roamer, as then I'll only need one or two key airblasts to either reflect and immediately kill, or push an uber and run away. If I'm having to defend an area with engies and medics, I'll always need more airblasts, and then it's often better to just switch to a different flamethrower.

Since I'm roaming I'll often consider using the Backscratcher as well, which can sometimes cause even more Medic rage.

Forkball

I finally got the Diplomacy achievement. The Ambassador is pretty fun at times, I've gotten some totally badass headshots with it, but I often feel helpless if I get in trouble due to the recoil. I would much rather three-shot a sniper than try to hit him in the head and the plug him again as he's swinging his kukri at me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:
I finally got the Diplomacy achievement. The Ambassador is pretty fun at times, I've gotten some totally badass headshots with it, but I often feel helpless if I get in trouble due to the recoil. I would much rather three-shot a sniper than try to hit him in the head and the plug him again as he's swinging his kukri at me.
Oh yeah, the gun is best to shoot snippers in the head when their back is to a wall. Really, it isn't meant to shoot while running away, but to get targets no moving very much.

Inkwell

Banned
Orellio said:
Hmmm would love to get one of those extra vintage ubersaws!
It's yours. Just remind me next time I'm playing. I don't really need to trade for anything, unless you have a double of something I'm missing that you don't care to part with. Totally up to you though.

the_last_sandwich_by_evgen1us-d3fbza6.jpg

http://evgen1us.deviantart.com/art/The-Last-Sandwich-207151710

awesome!

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Why would they not make Judas a spy? IT'S SO OBVIOUS. Make the entire team red except for Judas, who is blue wearing a red medic disguise.

Also they should do a painting of the cave they buried Jesus in with a teleporter exit on the outside.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Borgnine said:
Why would they not make Judas a spy? IT'S SO OBVIOUS. Make the entire team red except for Judas, who is blue wearing a red medic disguise.

Also they should do a painting of the cave they buried Jesus in with a teleporter exit on the outside.

I was thinking the same thing in regards to the Spy.

Oreoleo

ZombieSupaStar said:
they need to fix that sniper taunt stuns a uber, got me killed today. Or bring back bonk stuns on ubers, or else.....

There was one day a few weeks ago we had maybe half a dozen people in the server and we were doing melee taunt kills only. Most taunts are like 5 seconds, but the sniper taunt stuns at 1.5 seconds or so making it totally OP. Also the scout taunt with the bat takes like 6 or 7 seconds so you can never kill anyone with it because they always have time to run away after they finish their taunt :(

Huntsman taunt is pretty practical sometimes. I have stabbed many sandvich eating Heavies, they rage a lot. :D

Haven't tried it with ubers though.

Yeef

Orellio said:
There was one day a few weeks ago we had maybe half a dozen people in the server and we were doing melee taunt kills only. Most taunts are like 5 seconds, but the sniper taunt stuns at 1.5 seconds or so making it totally OP. Also the scout taunt with the bat takes like 6 or 7 seconds so you can never kill anyone with it because they always have time to run away after they finish their taunt :(
Stunning ubers is so much fun!

Also, it's easy to hit people with the Scout taunt. You can use it while you're bonked right outside of the other team's spawn door. Worse case scenario you miss and still have time to retreat (or fight).

[Edit] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6sePi8eD0Y&hd=1

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Sgt.Pepper said:
Huntsman taunt is pretty practical sometimes. I have stabbed many sandvich eating Heavies, they rage a lot. :D

Haven't tried it with ubers though.

Almost everytime I taunt an uber with it, they have no idea what is going on. haha

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef said:
Stunning ubers is so much fun!

Also, it's easy to hit people with the Scout taunt. You can use it while you're bonked right outside of the other team's spawn door. Worse case scenario you miss and still have time to retreat (or fight).

[Edit] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6sePi8eD0Y&hd=1
I still claim it's not easy to hit people with the scout taunt since I think they have to be quite close. It's mostly for afks, snipers, and maybe corners if you're lucky.

I could have SWORN that they got rid of the bonk + taunt thing, too, because I was lamenting its loss like 6 months ago. Or maybe they just made it harder. I was also really sad when they got rid of the cloak and dagger knife taunt (decloak -> taunt -> cloak really quickly). You had to become visible for a slight bit of time to do it, but if you did it from behind sentry guns, you could kill them. It was awesome because of how it gave the engineer hardly any warning if done properly.

Scout taunt it horrible. You're the lowest health class with the longest kill taunt in the game.

Blizzard said:
I was also really sad when they got rid of the cloak and dagger knife taunt (decloak -> taunt -> cloak really quickly).

Same here, Blizz. I really miss spy taunting sentries :( Was so fun to do when just goofing off. Also gave me a reason to use C&D, lol.

Yeef

ArtistDude88 said:
Scout taunt it horrible. You're the lowest health class with the longest kill taunt in the game.
That makes all the more sweeter when it works!

(Also, Kunai spy has less health)

Proven

That picture is probably going to be my wallpaper next month.

Inkwell said:
Feels good coming back to TF2 with the GAF group. I still have quite a few extra items and some extra vintage ones. I could turn them into metal, but would rather give/trade them to anyone who is interested.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/Inkwell

Since I'm actually using it now, I'll ask for the Vintage Backburner. The nice thing about Vintages is that they always are at the bottom of the list, so I can find them quickly if I'm in need to quick switch.

Inkwell

Banned
Proven said:
Since I'm actually using it now, I'll ask for the Vintage Backburner. The nice thing about Vintages is that they always are at the bottom of the list, so I can find them quickly if I'm in need to quick switch.
You are now the proud owner of a vintage backburner.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Sgt.Pepper said:
Scout, Sniper, Spy and Engineer have the same health. :p

Ironically, all four classes can change their health (Sandman/Milk Man set, Danger Shield, Conniver's Kunai, Gunslinger)

Pyro and Soldier are the only two classes that can't change their max HP

Which I don't exactly agree with.
I kind of wish every class had a very identifiable HP. It works okay for Sniper and Engy, because their health bonus is obvious from a distance. But for Scout, Medic, Heavy and Spy, it's not entirely clear just how much HP this specific class has without knowing what weapons they have equipped.

Yeef

balladofwindfishes said:
Pyro and Soldier are the only two classes that can't change their max HP

I kind of wish every class had a very identifiable HP. It works okay for Sniper and Engy, because their health bonus is obvious from a distance. But for Scout, Medic, Heavy and Spy, it's not entirely clear just how much HP this specific class has without knowing what weapons they have equipped.
For Scout it's fine because it's pretty visible when wearing the milkman set. The other classes will generally have less HP than their default, so again I don't think it's an issue. The exceptions are the dalokahs heavy and a demo with heads. The demo's eye glows when he has heads and no one uses the Dalokah's bar, but just giving a heavy with it the overheal aura would be fine.

balladofwindfishes said:

Well, most of the altered health weapons take away health, so it's more of a nice surprise when they die earlier than expected. But the Milkman set requires you to wear a single specific hat for it to work, so I'd say that's pretty obvious.

Edit: Or basically what Yeef said.

commissar

On the contrary, I don't believe Valve would bring politics into TF2.

The Japan hats were a humanitarian thing devoid of agenda. This is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom