• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
These two were also added to the files, but not the game:

2nrhw68.png

24pib8g.png

For the Solder and Pyro respectively.

Welp, time to get a fish cake.

corn_fest said:
ugh why does everything need to have fake blood on it now
They're almost guaranteed to be Plants Vs Zombies GOTY Items. They're both PvZ hats, and in PvZ they have blood in the exact same patterns.

They have these as descriptions, they're PvZ promo items
"TF_BucketHat" "Bucket o’ Brains"
"TF_BucketHat_Desc" "Zombie tested, braaaains appoved."
"TF_TrafficCone" "Dead Cone"
"TF_TrafficCone_Desc" "You’ll stop them dead wearing this stylish traffic cone."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
EasyTGT said:
I think we need a comprehensive list of steam games that grant TF2 hats... there's too many to keep track of.
Actually, most of them only do it for a limited time, so it is useless to know. I think Alien Swarm and Poker Night are the only two you can get the TF2 items at any time.

balladofwindfishes said:
They're almost guaranteed to be Plants Vs Zombies GOTY Items. They're both PvZ hats, and in PvZ they have blood in the exact same patterns.

PvZ sale incoming I assume.

(But who doesn't have it already?)

blamite

Finally got my first (not promotion) hat! Got the Attendant from a Mann Co. crate... I do feel a little guilty about spending money for it, but I guess Valve can have a little more money for all they've added to the game.

DogWelder

Yeah sorry Jinaar for laughing at you, but once you get familiar with Steel you'll realize how funny it is to hear someone's incredulous voice wondering why someone is building on point D to start the round.

Beta Update
A note about new weapon designs:

In our on-going effort to include the community in more of our design process, we're starting to introduce item designs that are very rough and/or experimental. If you don't like a particular design, we'd love to hear feedback on the kinds of changes that would make the item interesting to you.

Gameplay:

Medic:
Beta Syringe Gun
Increased Mad Milk duration to 2 seconds
Damage penalty reduced to 50% (from 10%), which means the medic now gains health on hit

Sniper:
Beta Sniper Rifle 1
Bonus structure changed
25% charge rate bonus on bodyshot
45% charge rate bonus on headshot
65% charge rate penalty on miss
The charge rate now resets to default upon death
The charge rate is now unaffected by shots fired while unzoomed

Soldier:
Beta Pocket Rocket Launcher
Now deals mini-crits instead of crits
Time of mini-crit bonus reduced to 6 seconds from 8

Beta Pocket Rocket Launcher 2
New rocket launcher option
+15% ubercharge rate for the medic healing you. This effect does not work in the respawn room
-10 health on hit

Beta Pocket Rocket Launcher 3
New rocket launcher option
50% faster reload time while being healed by a medic
-10 health on hit

Beta Pocket Shotgun
Damage bonus reduced to 20% from 25%
Deploy time penalty increased to 30% from 25%

General:

Fixed install issues on the Mac

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
who thought 8 seconds of crits would be balanced in any way... the soldier should take all crits for letting his medic die not get crits.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
Imagine kritzkrieg with 4 rockets, full damage, and 50% faster rocket reload.
Which is why it is the best. The Rocket Launcher on its own is actually just the normal launcher with a health drain, but with a medic it is a deadly killing machine.

Oreoleo

Thanks to [AtkUnbound] for the Pyromancer mask! Pyro is one of my more played classes and I never had a hat for it until now. I painted it with Australium Gold and now it looks super sharp.

pyromancer_styles.jpg

Those are the different paint styles, I'm using the one on the right. So awesome!

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Orellio said:
Thanks to [AtkUnbound] for the Pyromancer mask! Pyro is one of my more played classes and I never had a hat for it until now. I painted it with Australium Gold and now it looks super sharp.

pyromancer_styles.jpg

Those are the different paint styles, I'm using the one on the right. So awesome!

Looks awesome Oreo! I was wondering what you were talking about earlier. Good games tonight except for the usual rolls. That one round of Dustbowl was really great.

I'm pretty sure this one was from GG
BE91331B3DF3278E358694E33D5604D25B352927

Evlar

Banned
Trying to learn the Spy tonight, pretty much sucking all around. I did manage to get four achievements in five seconds, heh.

Forkball

Orellio said:

pyromancer_styles.jpg

I had a Pyromancer's Mask, but I hated the old paint style so I traded it for a Killer's Kabuto. I don't regret it since I really wanted that kabuto but...

The new soldier/medic stuff is pretty interesting, but you are really screwed if the medic only plays pocket medic for a heavy. Even if the medic heals you often, he won't be there every second, and the -10 health could be the end of you if you get in a close one on one battle with no one around.

And some snipers are going to be damn near invincible with the new rifle.

I'm excited that they are making a lot of new items, with many of them addressing play styles a lot of fans never thought of. Fast medic, flying pyro, medic/soldier love, actually rewarding good snipers etc. I think these items plus more could hit in a big summer update.

Anyone ever feel like you're playing the same maps over and over again? I think I need some server variety. I should go on the janky ass server more, actually...

opticalmace said:
Anyone ever feel like you're playing the same maps over and over again? I think I need some server variety. I should go on the janky ass server more, actually...

i have over 800 hours of strictly goldrush, so much so that the other maps feel like totally different games to me.

Jinaar

esc said:
Yeah sorry Jinaar for laughing at you, but once you get familiar with Steel you'll realize how funny it is to hear someone's incredulous voice wondering why someone is building on point D to start the round.

I'm the kid making sandcastles in the pee ridden sand far in the corner of the playground, surrounded by seagulls and dog crap, building my abomination of a castle to defend myself from the onslaught of wedgies that will be forth coming from the school bullies as they launch their assault across the recess break.

Laughter is all I got to get through the day. But I will have Retribution!!!! *fixes his underwear*

^_^ no worries, Esc. I learned a valuable lesson that day. Something something follow your red shirted team something something always.

esc said:
wartime, if you're reading this...why engineer on Double Cross? You saw absolutely no action. Was confusing.

Because I fucking hate that fucking map, what's the point of actually playing/trying on that piece of shit... etc.
:lol

Nikolai13

Neo Member
wartime1020 said:
Because I fucking hate that fucking map, what's the point of actually playing/trying on that piece of shit... etc.
:lol

LOL. Wartime. By the way, great job with those ubers on Dustbowl. That 2nd stage was grueling. 4 Engies????????

Blizzard

Banned
Doublecross seems to me like a fun map for rocketjumping flanking soldier. Killing snipers on the battlement, going up from the sewers on the rocket jump cliff route, direct-hitting sentries guarding the intel, using the equalizer to run away with the intel, that sort of thing.

I like it better than 2fort because of the multiple routes, I think, but unfortunately it still has the same problem where if one team builds 4+ sentries in the intel room and base areas, it becomes hard to attack.

I feel like every time I play doublecross the other team is good and has some engineer with nothing better to do than stick a teleporter outside our spawn in the basement, at which point a demoman will sticky camp the top spawn door for the next 5 minutes, and the teleporter hardly ever gets killed (especially since it will have a sentry near it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom