• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
commissar said:
On the contrary, I don't believe Valve would bring politics into TF2.

The Japan hats were a humanitarian thing devoid of agenda. This is not.
Yeah, though I would like anther Solider Medal.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kulock said:
And all this time, he was hiding where no one thought to look: Hydro.
Nah, he was hiding in 2fort with the intel since nobody plays the map AND NOBODY EVER FINISHES THE MAP LULOLOLOULOLOLOL

Enco

Anyone have any nice (spy) hats up for trade?

I don't have much as I recently got the game and have zero hats.

Enco said:
Anyone have any nice (spy) hats up for trade?

I don't have much as I recently got the game and have zero hats.
I'll buy Mount & Blade because I want to play it, I'll give you the spy hat since it's ugly as sin. I'll keep the engineer hat because I don't have any engi hat >_>

Sgt.Pepper said:
I'll buy Mount & Blade because I want to play it, I'll give you the spy hat since it's ugly as sin. I'll keep the engineer hat because I don't have any engi hat >_>

If you do that, Enco, make sure you don't trade away that Spy hat later on for a common one, since promo hats are usually worth more in trades.

Enco

Sgt.Pepper said:
Sweet. PM me your steam ID and I'll add you.

Kulock said:
If you do that, Enco, make sure you don't trade away that Spy hat later on for a common one, since promo hats are usually worth more in trades.
Ok cool.

I don't know much about hats.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sgt.Pepper said:
You can't trade them for a few days, not till the game is out.

Proven

I've still never tried the Detonator. With the new Soldier and Medic weapons in the beta, I'm getting very tempted to play over there for a week.

I wonder what it would be like if we had the server do a Beta TF2 day, or weekend...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If the whole server did it that would be fun. Beta is alright, but it tends to be me goofing around with the changes for 20 minutes or so.

Forkball

I saw this on Facepunch. I can't believe no one thought of this before.

uWs9z.jpg

HYlWy.jpg

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Forkball said:
I saw this on Facepunch. I can't believe no one thought of this before.

I think it's pretty great but maybe it would be too much like giving the medic a toothbrush mustache?

a toothbrush mustache is a Hitler mustache

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Borgnine said:
I think it's pretty great but maybe it would be too much like giving the medic a toothbrush mustache?

a toothbrush mustache is a Hitler mustache
If you were going to do that, why not just say Hitler Mustache?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Drkirby said:
If you were going to do that, why not just say Hitler Mustache?

I want people to start moving away from associating it with Hitler so that they'll give it to the medic. Actually it's too bad Mengele didn't have distinctive facial hair, since he was an actual doctor.

Holy fuck this entire post is offensive. See this is why we can't have Stalin hair.

corn_fest

So hyped. I loved the day by day updates, the comics, the descriptions for each new map and weapon, the conspiracy theories on SPUF... I really hope we get another one like that soon.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Someone send me trade requests for dupes...i have a few i need to get rid of and my backpack is sorely sorely empty from my quittage about 5 months ago.

Curiously large update for beta that only changed a very small problem (a server crash caused by some bad code in the new sniper rifle.)

The Wiki guys are looking into it, it might be nothing, but it's worth looking into. I'll keep you up to date.

EDIT
Nothing hidden was changed

The beta had to re-download items.txt and client.dll, which is around 76mb

Sgt.Pepper said:
Ha, melee in normal maps. Kinda fun actually, KGB are overpowered though!

I thought it was fun too :D Can only imagine what other koth maps would be like Medieval Mode with a full server... But I guess it scares people away :( Harvest was fun!

Nikolai13

Neo Member
ArtistDude88 said:
I thought it was fun too :D Can only imagine what other koth maps would be like Medieval Mode with a full server... But I guess it scares people away :( Harvest was fun!

You and Yeef were making mince meat out of us on Hoodoo!

Forkball

I was kinda dicking around on Hightower. I just can't play Dead Ringer Spy, maybe I need the Fez to really make it work.

Anyways, here are my predictions for the next big update:

WEAPONS:
Lawrence of Australia set: Gun and sword will have the same stats as the beta weapons.
One Thousand and One Demoknights set: The weapons are the Persian Persuader, Ali Baba's Wee Booties, and Sultan's Ceremonial. The last one sounds like a sword, because Demo needs more. The booties make it sound like they are something similar to the Gunboats, if not it could be another non-sticky launcher secondary. Hopefully the PP is a new nade launcher. Also, the hat will be a turban.
Mean Medicine set: Quick Fix and Mad Milk gun is a shoe-in, but we don't know anything about the melee. I think they will add the "see enemy health" attribute to the normal Bonesaw and not a new weapon.
Junkyard Justice set: The most obvious one is that they will use the shovel from this set and either give it the strength ramp up or speed ramp up from the Equalizer. I think if they give this one the strength ramp up, they need something else because most people use the Equalizer for escaping. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the rest of the stuff is NOT the Pocket Medic set in the beta.
Black Market Business set: The brass knucks might cause bleeding. As for the AK/Shotgun thing, they could maybe do some sort of damage ramp up dependent on ammo. Like the more minigun ammo you have, the less power it does. No idea about the minigun though.
Goalkeeper: I definitely see this doing less damage, or maybe having a smaller spread. This weapon is going to be a lot of fun/broken when it comes out, I can't wait to try it out.

OTHER STUFF:
Well-Designed Rarity + Isotopes: I think this is so we can create weapons with unique stats in the beta. The ones that are good enough will be used in the game, and thus be given the "well-designed" rarity to the creator.
Raid and Specialty mode: Honestly I have no idea, but if I had to guess, Raid is a one flag CTF and Specialty is some sort of special mission based mode that is dynamic and changes each round. I dunno.

Oreoleo

Forkball said:
I was kinda dicking around on Hightower. I just can't play Dead Ringer Spy, maybe I need the Fez to really make it work.

Ah I'm so shit at Fez/YER+DR combo. Granted I'm not the greatest spy anyway, but the only way I can get a kill with the Saharan Spy set is if I use it with the cloak and dagger. Impossible for me to get behind enemies without disguising or being able to go invisible.

Edit- Oh and I saw this on Tf2 wiki and it made me smile:

The "familiar fez" is a reference to the 1999 film, "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me." In the movie, Austin and Felicity Shagwell are pursued by a man wearing sunglasses and a red fez. After the chase ends, he reveals himself to be a Spy named "Mustafa" who works for Dr. Evil. He asks Austin if he remembers him, to which Austin replies "I don't recall your name, but your...'fez' is familiar."

leroidys

I have some baseless speculation on drop rates. I never, ever, ever get hat drops. I get one about every 200 hours. (Granted, many of those hours were before hats or even drops). I essentially always get all of my weekly drops by Thursday or Friday. It seems to me that they might increase drop rates for hats as the week goes on to keep more casual players coming back and keep hardcore players ocd about getting all their drops every week.

Oreoleo

leroidys said:
I have some baseless speculation on drop rates. I never, ever, ever get hat drops. I get one about every 200 hours. (Granted, many of those hours were before hats or even drops). I essentially always get all of my weekly drops by Thursday or Friday. It seems to me that they might increase drop rates for hats as the week goes on to keep more casual players coming back and keep hardcore players ocd about getting all their drops every week.

Interesting theory. There was one day, I don't remember what day, I think it was Carl Sagan unboxed two hats IN A ROW from crates, and then seconds later someone got a random hat drop. Maybe someone can chime in with what day that is. I really wonder if you're on to something.

Anecdotally, a week or two I got a paint drop as my very last drop of the week, on a Tuesday I believe. This week I hit my limit on Friday and I got fuck all.

Clydefrog

leroidys said:

I swear I get item drops directly related to those I kill/are killed by. If I kill a bunch of scouts and then get mowed down by a heavy, the item drop I get WILL BE limited to whatever those scouts/heavy were wearing. I have no evidence to back this theory up, but I swear it's the truth.

Forkball

Orellio said:
Interesting theory. There was one day, I don't remember what day, I think it was Carl Sagan unboxed two hats IN A ROW from crates, and then seconds later someone got a random hat drop. Maybe someone can chime in with what day that is. I really wonder if you're on to something.

Anecdotally, a week or two I got a paint drop as my very last drop of the week, on a Tuesday I believe. This week I hit my limit on Friday and I got fuck all.
I don't know if Sagan got a hat drop shortly after, but I do remember when he uncrated two hats. I think Artist or someone did get a drop that same day though. Sagan you lucky bastard, I got a Candy Cane in the only crate I ever opened.

As for hat drops, everyone has their own theory about when they drop. Some people think it goes by hours played, others by how many weeks pass etc. I know people who have played for hundreds upon hundreds of hours and only got one or even zero hat drops. I've had five. The first one was a few weeks after I started playing the game, and then I didn't get another drop for about four or five months. Then I got three hat drops in three weeks. This was maybe a month or two ago. Then I got another hat drop two weeks ago, followed by a paint drop. I did notice there was a huge gap that week between my item drops and the hat. I got about four drops, and then for two days I got nothing even though I played enough. Then BAM, hat drop. Then another long gap and BAM a paint drop. It was my last drop for the week.

Also, I noticed that if you get a crate drop, you always have at least one more item drop.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
All I know is that after my break, I playef for hours and got dick all. Partly cause the servers were having trouble connecting I guess. Then I get THREE motherfucking flareguns. IN. A. ROW! Also got three of tjose ullerbol whatchamacallits too. FML.

Oreoleo

Well since we're on the topic of hats, I'll mention I have a mining helmet for engineer and gentleman's gatsby for medic for trade. I'll do hat for hat trade, straight up. Would love to get the medic mirror hat, but other than that I'm not too particular.

Clydefrog said:
Hats I have doubles of and have no idea what they're worth trading-wise:

Berliner's Bucket Helm
Familiar Fez
Hot Rod
-----------

FYI bucket is worth 3 ref+, fez around 3 ref, hot rod around 2 ref.

Inkwell

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
When you darn Demomen would stop critting :U

I think Inkwell had a crit script going whenever I got in range
That's just one the special powers I draw from all those extra vintages I have.

Orellio said:
Good games tonight gentlemen. Hightower in particular was quite harrowing.
Fuck yeah mini-sentries.

Dem hats.

987A55F1EE0DF3D5222C12D5FEFC87C91373897E

1A0159794DA145B52B6CB2760BAC8FDE858EE5B6

And the guy I was going to make business with never appeared and I didn't buy Mount & Blade in the end. >_>

Forkball

Yeah old news but Plants and Zombies is on sale on Steam and you get the TF2 hats if you buy it now or have already bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom