• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sgt.Pepper said:
I hope you didn't buy PvZ just for hats DrKirby!

The game is actually pretty awesome, played it to death on my old iPhone..
No, I bought if for the game, I have been wanting to play it for a while.

Also, this doesn't look good:

6ADA54077C8B819E52CAED0461E7845B57758F84

Forkball said:
Yeah old news but Plants and Zombies is on sale on Steam and you get the TF2 hats if you buy it now or have already bought it.
Did this just happen? I own PvZ and as of last night hadn't received any cool PvZ hats.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
opticalmace said:
Did this just happen? I own PvZ and as of last night hadn't received any cool PvZ hats.
Hats have been in the game files for a few days, they just went live in the past hour.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Ohhhh I own PvZ, might have to doff the bucket. If only to differentiate myself from Yeef, who shamelessly stole my "soldier with stainless pot" look, which is clearly a Borgnine original.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Borgnine said:
Ohhhh I own PvZ, might have to doff the bucket. If only to differentiate myself from Yeef, who shamelessly stole my "soldier with stainless pot" look, which is clearly a Borgnine original.

He just wants to be like you Borgnine. Plain and simple

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Borgnine said:
He will just copy your bucket then.

Montresor

Lol, popped in TF2 on my Xbox after only playing the game three or four times. Keep in mind I have yet to finish a complete game and I have yet to register a single kill. Anyhoo, the first player match I join is a hacked game with feather-floating physics, unusable guns, third-person camera angles (I could see my guy walking around, instead of just his hand/gun), and frames-per-second statistics in the bottom righthand corner.

Good news though, as I popped every single TF2 achievement just for standing there. :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Montresor said:
Lol, popped in TF2 on my Xbox after only playing the game three or four times. Keep in mind I have yet to finish a complete game and I have yet to register a single kill. Anyhoo, the first player match I join is a hacked game with feather-floating physics, unusable guns, third-person camera angles (I could see my guy walking around, instead of just his hand/gun), and frames-per-second statistics in the bottom righthand corner.

Good news though, as I popped every single TF2 achievement just for standing there. :lol
The 17 original achievements are piss easy to get though. A total of 25 headshots? Get 5 kills without dying? Win 20 games?

Try getting 1 Million Fire Damage in a Timely Manner.

Do all owners of both PvZ and TF2 get the hats?

Borgnine said:
Yeah, it is.

If you are on the Janky server long enough, you associate some hats with some people. Java is the spy with the powdered wig. Wartime was the starred-crash-helmet Demoman with the glasses from StrongBad . . . I copied the look in hopes people would run in fear from my demoman.

Oreoleo

speculawyer said:
Wartime was the starred-crash-helmet Demoman with the glasses from StrongBad . . . I copied the look in hopes people would run in fear from my demoman.

Hahaha. Speaking from experience, it works.

I guess I'm the horrible demo with the lime hat then. :p

I'll stick with the Stout Shako for my soldier though, I don't feel the bucket much.

Hey, my Soldier, Pyro and Spy don't use that crappy hat! :p

On the other hand if anyone wants to trade me a Demo hat for Foster's Facade, I'll give you the tie if you want too.

Forkball

To this day I have never gotten the Sentry Gunner achievement where you get ten kills with one sentry. The closest I ever got was eight.

*cries*

Forkball said:
To this day I have never gotten the Sentry Gunner achievement where you get ten kills with one sentry. The closest I ever got was eight.

*cries*
2fort. Then you get the hell out of there.

Oreoleo

Forkball said:

*cries*

2fort pub. Come on man!

Sgt.Pepper said:
2fort. Then you get the hell out of there.

Hahaha, damn you!

corn_fest

GreenMarine said on SPUF that the Pocket Rocket Launcher would be changed.
So that's good. Being rewarded for letting your Medic get killed was a horrible idea. I can't say that I'm a fan of additional bonuses for being healed at all though. Is being much harder to take down not enough of a reward on it's own? I also don't understand why they would attempt to buff the Soldier. As someone who mains it, I'll be the first to say he's probably fairly OP right now. Extremely versatile + enormous health.

Forkball said:

*cries*
It helps to have another engineer that helps repair your gun.

Proven

MentallyCritical said:
lol
Forkball said:

*cries*
If you had mentioned this on the server...

Then again, I'm a lucky engy. Whenever I get a sentry with more than 10 kills, it's in the dumbest places.

14 kills - Steel, playing blue, right out of the A to B tunnel.

16 kills - Goldrush stage 1, playing red, second point, right in the middle of the large bridge next to the tracks.

About 8 kills - Harvest, outside of the main house, with a level 1 sentry (to be fair, I switched to Engy specifically because there were three scouts flying around and pissing me off).

You're not going to get it done on the GAF server at this point, unless you have a second and maybe third Engy helping you at an unconventional spot. I have been brainstorming a few new places, but the GAF server is tough on Engineers, especially all the Spies. You're next best bet is just placing a level 3 out in the wide open, not too close to more than one or two corners, but right behind your team. Your hitscan bullets will often steal kills for you.

If you end up on a 24/7 2fort server, you can probably get it quick enough just building in the middle of the bridge (if you angle it right, it can shoot at scouts through the gaps in the roof) or plop a level 1 underwater.

Clydefrog said:
Ah wait, WTF? SgtPepper owning everyone? I might have to log on.
I have improved, what can I say? But GAF server is getting more janky each day.

Wolf Akela said:
Got a friend to buy PvZ for me just for the hats.

Because I've already played PvZ a lot for free at Popcap World.
I played too much on my iPhone and as a result I haven't touched the PC version in months.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just played this game for the first time in well over a year.
Wow, it is amazing how much has changed!

Oreoleo

Proven said:
16 kills - Goldrush stage 1, playing red, second point, right in the middle of the large bridge next to the tracks.

Brilliant. Exactly the kind of spot where no one would expect a sentry to be, so you run out and by the time you realize where it is, it is far too late.

AniHawk

finally got my mac copy. even though i put 500 hours into the 360 version, i feel like i'm in for quite an ass-kicking, especially since i'll be learning kb/m fps controls as i go.

think i'll stick to maps i know for a while while i figure things out.

I just wanted to say I fucking love this game. I don't care about hats or item drops, I just love playing this game.

Only thing I can complain about is favorite servers seem to always go missing in my list. I just noticed now that the neogaf one is MIA, I'll have to add it back. Specially if you guys are playing Hightower, love love love love that map. The only other server I see playing it is a premium one that gives premium accounts some major BS bonuses that can get annoying.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Shin Johnpv said:
I just wanted to say I fucking love this game. I don't care about hats or item drops, I just love playing this game.

Only thing I can complain about is favorite servers seem to always go missing in my list. I just noticed now that the neogaf one is MIA, I'll have to add it back. Specially if you guys are playing Hightower, love love love love that map. The only other server I see playing it is a premium one that gives premium accounts some major BS bonuses that can get annoying.
Welcome, junior.

Ummmm...if you add it to your favourites, it should always be there. Or just add the admins to your friends list and join when they play. Hightower gets played more than enough. No need to go to a premium server or anything :p

I haven't really played it in a few weeks. Popped in to collect my PvsZ hats. Went into Soldier loadout, game hung. Forced it to close, reopened, got into Soldier loadout to admire my bucket. Went to switch to Pyro loadout... game hung. Not a particularly good start.

Oreoleo

That's something you eventually get over. Seeing TF2 downloading a new update is comparable to seeing the UPS truck outside your house with the driver walking up your driveway with a huge package (must..resist..double entendre). A sublime mix of happiness excitement and anticipation :)

DogWelder

GAF server reached a new record high JANK last night.

Also, I have decided to retire my soldier and main engineer. Move over Javamans.

Most kills by sentry: 29

Hmm... I would have thought it was higher, considering

Most teleports: 78
Most buildings built: 27
Longest life: 29:41 (as Engineer)
Most Played Class: 114.9 hours (Engineer)

Forkball

balladofwindfishes said:
A creator of custom content just got an email saying that something he made is being put in an update happening soon.

Update it probably happening some time this week!
Last time they sent emails out, the update was only 48 hours away. The time before that, it happened within a day!

Also new Blighted Beak and Grimme Hatte Styles confirmed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4

[EDIT] Seems that the Valve e-mail was for items that were added in the last hat update, not for upcoming content. This update could be months away, still.

MONTHS.

Clydefrog

One of my non-GAF Steam friends apparently reads this thread. I got a message from him saying "saw you on the GAF TF2 Thread"

:O

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Clydefrog said:
One of my non-GAF Steam friends apparently reads this thread. I got a message from him saying "saw you on the GAF TF2 Thread"

The one you said you had a crush on?

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Clydefrog said:

I guess he isn't a non-GAF Steam friend then

*Edit - I was wondering when the thread was going to turn to the next page. Sure enough, it was my post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom