• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you are having a great time with one class and shitty one with another. My spy play has been terrible but my engi and demo have been pretty outstanding lately. Tons of kills before dying, but with spy I backstab someone and there's always a pyro around the corner.

Blizzard

Banned
Forkball said:
[EDIT] Seems that the Valve e-mail was for items that were added in the last hat update, not for upcoming content. This update could be months away, still.

MONTHS.
So wait, are you saying we may have been deceived yet again by balladofwindfishes saying an update was just about to come out?! I'm all shocked. :p

might be Friday

Frankenstrat said:
that would get pretty annoying after a while. combustible lemons would be better imo.
inb4 someone turns the detonator's flare into a combustible lemon

Too bad they weren't explosive, then they could be Demo Lemons.

Oreoleo

ArtistDude88 said:
That's the worst. That or a Pyro randomly shooting flames when no one is around and just happens to catch you on fire. >:\

But asshole team mates yell at you when you aren't constantly sputtering flames in every random corner. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US :(

Forget those hats for Soldier and Pyro. I see this getup all the time:

JgJRO.jpg

gWjdT.jpg

Especially that dog winking at me.

Ketch

That last shot is friggin awesome Borgnine. If I knew how to photo shop the "You were killed by" window out, I might use that as a wallpaper.

I've also been trying the ol' spy out and I suck, but that's ok. Figure I just need to put a couple hundred hours into and I'll be barely passable... it must be the hardest class to play. But at least during all that suck fest I'll be wearing a super fly ... hat (the TF2 wiki doesn't have my new spy hat listed). =(

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Yeef said:
Server was super janky tonight; especially on gorge. I'll have to talk to Remy to see what's up.

Agreed. I kept getting "stuck". It was odd but oh well. Glad I got to play a few games with everyone tonight

Oreoleo

I didn't really have any issues tonight on the server. Maybe once on gorge there was a hiccup but it's been way worse in the past.

Yeef

Orellio said:
I didn't really have any issues tonight on the server. Maybe once on gorge there was a hiccup but it's been way worse in the past.
You probably just didn't notice it becaus eyou were playing pyro.

W+M1, m i rite? lol

Seriously though, during gorge everything was 'scratching' for me (like a DJ). I'd move or shoot and then suddenly jump back to where I was a second or so ago. It made things pretty unplayable.

Forkball

I was one kill away from the Sentry Gunner achievement tonight on the GAF server. ONE KILL.

Go to hell, KillerSaint. STRAIGHT TO HELLLLLL

ps update tomorrow believe

When I was playing sniper on Dustbowl, I noticed I would shoot at someone's face and it'd take a second to register it as a headshot and kill him. This is not the first time that has happened to me, though. I remember shooting someone with my revolver and left the room to run away, then 2 seconds later it said I killed him with my gun, lolwhat.

So yeah, definitely some jank going around :U

Yeef

MentallyCritical said:
can you like reset your achievement?
If you reset your stats it'll reset your achievements in-progress. It won't reset one's you've already obtained.

You can play the beta, which ignores your achievements in TF2 proper.

Javaman

EasyTGT said:
That last shot is friggin awesome Borgnine. If I knew how to photo shop the "You were killed by" window out, I might use that as a wallpaper.

Just crop it. Any picture program can do that.

Jinaar

Item drops are wacked. I haven't seen one for over a week. Last night I went on a winter map that had capture points(Cannot remember the name). I know I've only played on it once on the GAF Server. I had just spent an hour+ on CP_FREIGHT wracking close to 150 kills with out a drop, went onto this other server, 3 minutes later the game spits out 3 random drops at once. Then 2 minutes later I get my 4th. Herp?

I ain't complaining. I just don't understand the magic that runs the loot drop table.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Jinaar said:
Item drops are wacked. I haven't seen one for over a week. Last night I went on a winter map that had capture points(Cannot remember the name). I know I've only played on it once on the GAF Server. I had just spent an hour+ on CP_FREIGHT wracking close to 150 kills with out a drop, went onto this other server, 3 minutes later the game spits out 3 random drops at once. Then 2 minutes later I get my 4th. Herp?

I ain't complaining. I just don't understand the magic that runs the loot drop table.

Sounds like the first server had issues connecting to the drop server so it couldn't deliver your drops. Soon as you went to the other one and died, the drop server barged in and was like "YOU FORGOT YOUR STUFF :("

Hello there folks! I really want to get into this game but hell if I know what am I doing. There are so many maps and I still haven't found a good server where people follow objectives.

Any tips for a newb? What maps should I start with? Any EU based server you guys can recommend?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Melhisedek said:
Hello there folks! I really want to get into this game but hell if I know what am I doing. There are so many maps and I still haven't found a good server where people follow objectives.

Any tips for a newb? What maps should I start with? Any EU based server you guys can recommend?

The game has training now, I'd suggest going through that. Also, the wiki. Everything a newbie needs.

Dustbowl, Goldrush, Gravel Pit, they're all pretty popular. In fact any stock map other than Hydro is good to learn (Hydro only because nobody plays it anymore). Just create a local server and run around a map a bit, get familiar with its architecture. Do that as BLU, so you can go through multi-stage maps like Dustbowl. Don't bother with King of the Hill or Arena maps, they're so small and symmetrical you'll pick them up first time you play.

I don't know any EU servers, and the Janky GAF server is US based I believe. All I can suggest is avoid LotusClan and Nightteam servers, and any instant-respawn or 2fort servers. They're not playing for objectives there. You'll gradually whittle down to two or three servers you really like and you'll rarely leave them.

Jinaar

Charron said:
Sounds like the first server had issues connecting to the drop server so it couldn't deliver your drops. Soon as you went to the other one and died, the drop server barged in and was like "YOU FORGOT YOUR STUFF :("

Interesting, sounds completely plausable. Most likely what happens because I tend to play on the other server nightly and it keeps the same map all the time on. Besides the last Capture point on cp_Freight, the whole map is so much fun. Thanks for that explanation!

Baha

Mandatory updates for TF2, CS:S, DoD:S, and HL2: DM coming today according to the hlds mailing list (source). May or may not be related to the new items.

[Beaten]

Last time these emails were sent out was the Hatless update

They only send them out for major updates (but not always blog type major updates, just for large updates)

Baha

balladofwindfishes said:
Last time these emails were sent out was the Hatless update

They only send them out for major updates (but not always blog type major updates, just for large updates)

The PvZ sale ends at 4PM PST, maybe we'll see the update by then since they'll most likely update the PvZ & M&B: F&S hats to be tradeable.

Baha said:
The PvZ sale ends at 4PM PST, maybe we'll see the update by then since they'll most likely update the PvZ & M&B: F&S hats to be tradeable.
They can do that now without an update to the client.

the item data is saved server-side now

mojiimbo

Anyone know if the PvZ items are limited promo items or if they'll always be there if you buy the game down the road on Steam? Thanks.

Baha

Haven't played since last night in anticipation of the new update. I hate it when they announce new weapons a day or so after I hit my drop limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom