• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

opticalmace said:
Tried crafting a few times but no new hats. :( booo

if anyone wants to sell one i could pay you nicely for one
I could sell you some items that you may be interested in. Lemme know. :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
corn_fest said:
As boring as the subject matter is, that really does look quite good. I'm pretty impressed with the functionality of the replay editor / export stuff, shame it adds even more jank to the server when recording is enabled.
I don't see Valve being able to speed it up too much, downloading demos from the server during a game is obviously going to affect your performance. I can see why they would make it a per-life thing instead of constantly recording.
Eh, I don't know, it may be better to just record a single video for a round, and have anyone who wants to download it be able to.

commissar

Drkirby said:
Eh, I don't know, it may be better to just record a single video for a round, and have anyone who wants to download it be able to.
servers can already do that through sourcetv, so that would be redundant. though connected to a more user friendly interface.

Forkball

derFeef said:
Meet the Medic tease is the most important stuff right there.
Yes, and he has a new gun which is probably the Quick Fix. Interestingly enough, it's a different model than the one in the leaked Mean Medicine pack, so maybe he will get TWO different Mediguns next update. Hopefully Meet the Medic comes soon after this contest ends, so two week sat the earliest.

Also, anyone have a fix for the "could not find movie file?" It's letting me edit and save replays, but I can't upload them to Youtube or export them. I think it was because I originally didn't have Quicktime on this computer, but even after I installed and rebooted, it still messes up. Hopefully they will patch this or there's some fix I'm not thinking about.

derFeef

Forkball said:
Yes, and he has a new gun which is probably the Quick Fix. Interestingly enough, it's a different model than the one in the leaked Mean Medicine pack, so maybe he will get TWO different Mediguns next update. Hopefully Meet the Medic comes soon after this contest ends, so two week sat the earliest.
Hm, I missed that Quick Fix leak, what was that?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh... Would my video be disqualified if I used outside audio? It only saved the tga's but not the wav file. Now I can't even try to save it again because I crash when opening the replay.

commissar

Showmeyamoves said:
Ugh... Would my video be disqualified if I used outside audio? It only saved the tga's but not the wav file. Now I can't even try to save it again because I crash when opening the replay.
you'd need to own the rights to the music

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
So how long does it take for the 100 achievement to show up? Don't tell me it has to be in that contest thing for it to work.

:edit:

Never-mind all I had to do was click view on Youtube in game and it showed up for me.

yeoz

There was an offer of $600 (perhaps in jest) made for The Team Captain #1 made over on SPUF. I put up a post on the trading forums over there for my Western Wear #1 (engineer hat), with no real intention of trading it, but, to see what kind of ridiculously crazy offers I get. Exciting times! I definitely need to start playing again too, if only to record some stuff. :D

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
yeoz said:
There was an offer of $600 (perhaps in jest) made for The Team Captain #1 made over on SPUF. I put up a post on the trading forums over there for my Western Wear #1 (engineer hat), with no real intention of trading it, but, to see what kind of ridiculously crazy offers I get. Exciting times! I definitely need to start playing again too, if only to record some stuff. :D

Shit if I wanted the Bison hat that bad I would just suck up and pay the 7 bucks in the store instead of $600... But whatever things like this are ruining trading even more. Vintages were bad enough.

Baha

The Huntsman does the "Stab, stab stab" voice clip whenever you taunt now. Dunno if this is to alert players to the taunt or Valve just fucking around.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Baha said:
The Huntsman does the "Stab, stab stab" voice clip whenever you taunt now. Dunno if this is to alert players to the taunt or Valve just fucking around.

eww, this completely ruins the ownage of the taunt kill, most people don't know what the fuck is going on.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yay, I have a video with 100 views! Only 900 to go for a hat!

I put these in the other topic for people to view, but It would likely do more use here. This is the same clip rendered in a bunch of ways.

Lowest Quality, web size and draft render :)22 render time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFALBSjje-c
Highest Quality, 1080p at maximum render (6:59 render time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3pF_Xnw8DU

And some more:
Web size at maximum render (4:36 render time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYqmiamuCvI
Low Quality, 480p and draft render(0:23 render time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNqYFXd-u9M
"Normal" quality, 720p at standard render (0:36 render time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDUy-bqxtrM
High Quality, 720p at High Quality :)56 render time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QkUBunVLLE
Mehish quality, 1080p at draft render (0:41 render time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPaB7p58E8

720p at high is likely the best trade off of time and quality.

Forkball

I figured out how to fix it if you get the "file cannot be found" error. I'm pretty sure you have to make Quicktime your default player for certain files, not sure which ones, but it worked after I did it.

The Scared Scout
Poor Pyro

I'm the Scout in both of these.

Replays now? When are they going to stop loading things onto an old horse and give us a new horse?

Does this introduce another thousand bugs to the game?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I'm sucking with this editor. is there a way to slow down parts of the video?

Ceebs

Here is my trial run with the replay editor (super short clip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BovBhRbd54

Two things I think it needs right away are an audio mixer so you could drop the gameplay sounds and add in some of the TF2 music, and a way to set up a camera pan instead of trying to do it manually as the replay plays.

DarkKyo

Lionheart1337 said:
Replays now? When are they going to stop loading things onto an old horse and give us a new horse?

What the hell does this even mean? TF2 is one of the most well known, still played PC FPS and will continue to be for the next 4-5 years. Maybe you're tired of the "old horse" but many of us still play a lot and new features like this are so, so glorious.

Forkball

Lionheart1337 said:

Actually some people are saying it fixed their old crashes.

Also I don't really like the idea of giving the new hats crafting numbers. Now it's going to be a pain in the ass to trade for them since the traders will be like "THIS IS ONE OF THE FIRST 100 HOTTIE'S HOODIES EVER CRAFTED EIGHT UNUSUAL PLZ"

Ceebs

Forkball said:
Actually some people are saying it fixed their old crashes.

Also I don't really like the idea of giving the new hats crafting numbers. Now it's going to be a pain in the ass to trade for them since the traders will be like "THIS IS ONE OF THE FIRST 100 HOTTIE'S HOODIES EVER CRAFTED EIGHT UNUSUAL PLZ"
It's a pain to get any new hats for a while until they show up in crates.

Ceebs

When we get the replays running on the server we need to play some Double Cross. That map makes for some great replay material.

Greyvvolf said:
I crafted 3 Brass Beasts to get a Heavy token and got a Sniper token instead. Weird.
It is at random, I wouldn't need 2 but one ref if it weren't for that. >_>

I got Spy, Engineer and at last got a Soldier token.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So is the GAF server enabled for replays? I have some ideas for some fun stuff involving people on the server.

Dug

Banned
Zerokku said:
So is the GAF server enabled for replays? I have some ideas for some fun stuff involving people on the server.
It was enabled for replays last night. Don't see the film sign anymore, so I guess not.

Forkball

Zerokku said:
Yeef enabled it last night, but it was incredibly janky and didn't save the replays (they were perpetually stuck on "waiting" or gave an error message). Here are the instructions about how to do it. A lot of people were confused about how to enable it, but now it seems that many servers have it enabled.

AND DON'T FORGET TO CONSTANTLY CHECK MY YOUTUBE PAGE TO SEE AMAZING VIDEOS.

It takes a while saving those things, I even ran a maxframe script to see if I could reduce the saving time/slowdown. Nope, just Ugly Fortress 2 replays.

Clydefrog

ArtistDude88 said:
Must... Play.. TF2...

But so... tired...

CAFFEINE!

zzz

c0l0C.jpg

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Forkball said:
Yeef enabled it last night, but it was incredibly janky and didn't save the replays (they were perpetually stuck on "waiting" or gave an error message). Here are the instructions about how to do it. A lot of people were confused about how to enable it, but now it seems that many servers have it enabled.

AND DON'T FORGET TO CONSTANTLY CHECK MY YOUTUBE PAGE TO SEE AMAZING VIDEOS.

Heh. Is there any way to edit different map clips together? I kind of want to make NeoGAF server "Trailer" of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom