• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Nametags are best used on your favorite weapons, often calling them names given by your opponents in a fit of rage after you've killed them for the 10th time in a row on a map.

droopy

You're Eternal Reward is truly a modern classic, you definitely have to go with that.

So with through all the manconomy updates and additional hats have they ever increased the hat drop rate? Because if not I guess I got pretty lucky yesterday (even more lucky if I played much sniper):

2v3hsag.jpg

Ceebs

Proven said:
Nametags are best used on your favorite weapons, often calling them names given by your opponents in a fit of rage after you've killed them for the 10th time in a row on a map.
I have been trying to come up with a good minigun name since they released nametags with zero success.

Edit: Holy Crap Droopy!

Proven

droopy said:
You're Eternal Reward is truly a modern classic, you definitely have to go with that.

So with through all the manconomy updates and additional hats have they ever increased the hat drop rate? Because if not I guess I got pretty lucky yesterday (even more lucky if I played much sniper):

2v3hsag.jpg

Ok, we can't be friends.

Anony

the fuck, 3 hats in a night

that's the kind of bullshit i fucking hate, a small group of people getting hats left and right and others get one hat every few months

Baha

droopy said:

2v3hsag.jpg

Wow, congrats. I barely got any drops so far this week.

Dug

Banned
droopy said:

2v3hsag.jpg
m8e9na.jpg

IT'S A TRAP.

On a side note, I'll totally give you a Bonk Helm for that silly old Villain's Veil. Nobody wants that thing after all. Yup. >_>

You'll notice we keep bringing up the Veil. Maybe you should acquaint yourself with TF2TP and trade that for at least two decent hats, maybe even better while the value is still high.

But seriously, I have a Safe 'n' Sound with your name on it.

droopy said:

2v3hsag.jpg

I hate you so much right now. My only drops so far have been 2 bonk drinks.

Forkball

And I thought I was lucky when I got three hat drops in three weeks.

As for the numbered Villain's Veil, people are trading out their ass to get numbered versions if they're under 100. I've seen people trade earbuds and more straight up for some of them. You could always give it to me though, I will wear it. I WILL WEAR IT.

I've been trying to get it forever, but today I decided to actively seek it out.

Vintage whiskered gentleman, painted white.

Managed to get a straight swap for it for a vintage safe n sound. Then got an extraordinary abundance of tinge for 2 refined.

Probably overpaid for the paint slightly, but considering its the only thing I've ever particularly wanted in TF2, and I got it near instantly after looking on the forums, it was good enough.

droopy

The world of serious TF2 item trading is a dark and frightening place. It's amazing all the craziness Valve spawned from nothing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, does replay work on the GAF server yet? Or is my 6 second video of a solider blowing him self up going to win the Saxxy award in all categories.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, the files would need to save to the server Yeef has the maps stored on. I think I saw some options to also make it password protected, so randoms don't just spam it.

I can look into how converting demos into replays work, if that is ok I'll just record a bunch of demos.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
commissar said:
So few servers seem to have bothered with it because of the performance issues.

And the gaf server is janky enough already lol
It's like playing a Braid mod on tf2.

Re...re...re...rewin....FAST FORWARD!

Reluctant-Hero said:
Hey, I'm pretty much a noob at TF2 and I'm trying to find a game/server to play on as I type.

Any suggestions?
Either Gibbed Gaming servers, just let them know you're new and the will give you tips or NewbsTF/TF2Newbs which is a give away.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I know it's a pretty pointless achievement, but I finally managed to get every unique weapon in the game. Not every weapon, don't have a Fishcake or Golden Wrench, but I have every set of weapon stats available to me in one form or another. Now I just need the three remaining Polycount hats and I'll have every item that actually matters...

Charron said:
I know it's a pretty pointless achievement, but I finally managed to get every unique weapon in the game. Not every weapon, don't have a Fishcake or Golden Wrench, but I have every set of weapon stats available to me in one form or another. Now I just need the three remaining Polycount hats and I'll have every item that actually matters...
Do you have the Jumper weapons?

Sgt.Pepper said:

Not unless that also means...

TF2SniperCloaking.jpg

Mind you, Snipers would absolutely love this, but it's actually just a glitch in the loadout area that sometimes happens, I think. I took this shot back in February. Yours looks a little different, but I think it's the same basic glitch.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Charron said:
Yep. Those are the only ones that I bought and haven't since dropped for me anyway.
You can get them though the generic weapon crafts. Same with the Fishcake. Class Token + Slot Token + Scrap

Greyvvolf

droopy said:
The world of serious TF2 item trading is a dark and frightening place. It's amazing all the craziness Valve spawned from nothing.
How does the Villain's Veil you got look in your backpack? Does it just have "Villain's Veil" and the level? Or is it numbered like when it's crafted? I've been wondering how that would work when the new hats were found in a drop instead of being crafted.

Drkirby said:
You can get them though the generic weapon crafts. Same with the Fishcake. Class Token + Slot Token + Scrap

It's a little annoying, though, I had to try several times to craft a Sticky Jumper. Each time you have to collect three Demo weapons, three Primary weapons, and enough to make another Scrap. And at the end of it all, you might just get a Chargin' Targe or Scottish Resistance back.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kulock said:
It's a little annoying, though, I had to try several times to craft a Sticky Jumper. Each time you have to collect three Demo weapons, three Primary weapons, and enough to make another Scrap. And at the end of it all, you might just get a Chargin' Targe or Scottish Resistance back.
Very true, but over a few months you are bound to get it. I mean, you do have a point, which is worth more, tons of items and time, or $.49.

Yeef

commissar said:
Boston Basher :(

it'll hurt you as much as him Yeef, don't do it!
What are you doing up so early/late/[whatever time it is there] bacon?!

Also, there are plans in the works to figure out what's going on with the non-replay related jank the server's been getting over the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom