• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

So I'm guessing the Genuine Mount and Blade hats aren't worth that much. Someone offered me a Fez for both and not many people are looking for it on TF2TP. BUT THE TEXT IS GREEN.

Zeliard

I jumped back into TF2 after about a year or so of not playing it and I can't go more than like an hour now without hanging and crashing. :/

Re-installed it, verified integrity of game cache, etc. No idea what the problem is. I did change mobos since I last played it but I can't imagine that's what is doing it, especially since I've re-downloaded it. It occasionally gives me an engine error when it crashes, but sometimes nothing at all. Do I need to try uninstalling every Source game?

It's annoying because TF2 is one of those games I love playing for chunks of hours at a time when I do play it. Ah wellz.

Forkball said:
So I'm guessing the Genuine Mount and Blade hats aren't worth that much. Someone offered me a Fez for both and not many people are looking for it on TF2TP. BUT THE TEXT IS GREEN.
That's like if I expected the PvZ hats were worth crap. The more expensive the game is the more worth have the hats, that or few bought them (Sam & Max...)

Zeliard

ArtistDude88 said:
When's the last time you've updated your drivers?

Graphics card drivers? Recently. I'm running the latest Nvidia WHQL drivers, 270.61, which came out last month. All other hardware drivers are updated as well.

Proven

I come back after two days of finals to find a TF2 update? The replay update is finally out!? Now I can go back to putting up vids on my youtube channel.

Also, after looking through the new hats I've decided that the Team Captain looks pretty nice *nudge nudge, wink wink*

Zeliard

ArtistDude88 said:
Hmmm.. Are any other games crashing? If soooo, could be overheating? (insert nVidia overheating joke here)

Nope everything else works perfectly, and my temps are low. It's a strange case with TF2 because it won't just freeze and crash with an error, it'll hang for a moment with the screen going black as if it's trying to refresh it, then it'll either come back with my FPS halved or just CTD. Never had something like that happen before.

Proven said:
Also, after looking through the new hats I've decided that the Team Captain looks pretty nice *nudge nudge, wink wink*

GL getting one. I've been lurking TF2TP and people already want crazy trades for it. Like Unusuals + Earbuds and all that jazz. I think best bet is just to buy it off the Mann Co Store :\

EDIT:
Zeliard said:
Nope everything else works perfectly, and my temps are low. It's a strange case with TF2 because it won't just freeze and crash with an error, it'll hang for a moment with the screen going black as if it's trying to refresh it, then it'll either come back with my FPS halved or just CTD. Never had something like that happen before.

Ok yeah... That's pretty odd :U

Proven

ArtistDude88 said:
GL getting one. I've been lurking TF2TP and people already want crazy trades for it. Like Unusuals + Earbuds and all that jazz. I think best bet is just to buy it off the Mann Co Store :\

Sadly, I'm no longer against doing that.

Forkball

ArtistDude88 said:
That's because Valve, in their infinite wisdom, decided to add crafting numbers for the first hundred of a hat that's crafted. So it says "Team Captain #32" etc. However, it doesn't have the number in the name for one's past 100, but the owner can see which number it is. Eventually as more hats are being made since pretty much every hat from last night has over a hundred crafts by now, they should go down in price. But the one's with low numbers are going for insane amounts, people are trading unusuals or buds straight up for just ONE of those hats.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Zeliard said:
I jumped back into TF2 after about a year or so of not playing it and I can't go more than like an hour now without hanging and crashing. :/

Re-installed it, verified integrity of game cache, etc. No idea what the problem is. I did change mobos since I last played it but I can't imagine that's what is doing it, especially since I've re-downloaded it. It occasionally gives me an engine error when it crashes, but sometimes nothing at all. Do I need to try uninstalling every Source game?

It's annoying because TF2 is one of those games I love playing for chunks of hours at a time when I do play it. Ah wellz.

Same thing has been happening to me with TF2 last few days. I crash quite frequently. I formatted a week ago, I have the most recent drivers, blah blah. Video card is two weeks old, and has never gone above 60c while gaming, so it's not a heat issue.

Lol Fork, as soon as I heard about the crafting numbers, I knew craaAaAaazy trades were inevitable. Not to mention the TF2 "economy" is so ridiculous to begin with.

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

* Fixed more crashes related to Alt-Tab in fullscreen mode on Windows
* Removed ConVars "r_portalscloseall" and "r_flashlight_version2" to fix a wallhack exploit

Team Fortress 2

* Fixed a bug that caused Mac replay renders to be blurry
* Fixed a client crashed caused by using custom main menu resource files
* Fixed a bug when crafting class tokens
* Fixed a paint bug on the Aperture Labs Hard Hatz
* Updated the localization files
Hatz

Ceebs

Maybe those alt-tab fixes will cover my problems!

And are all the low numbered hats really going for that much now?

I don't get it. I choose a 720p resolution when I saved the video but the upload is only 480p >_>

Oh and I tried to made it in free view but ended up first person. =/

Here's my absolutely crappy video, I really don't get it much..

EDIT: How do I remove Chris' Maxframe script? TF2 looks ugly and it didn't improve my game at all.

WEGGLES

Is there a way to gauge how much a hat is "worth"?

I have a Vintage Magistrates Mullet.

What could I "get" for it? I don't care about vintage or anything... I just want a couple hats or what not for it...

Ceebs

WEGGLES said:
Is there a way to gauge how much a hat is "worth"?

I have a Vintage Magistrates Mullet.

What could I "get" for it? I don't care about vintage or anything... I just want a couple hats or what not for it...
I find that it's best to just browse the trade forum on the Steam forum for someone trading the same hat to see what they are asking/getting for it.

Looks like that one is going for like 4 refined 2 reclaimed, so you can probably get 2 older NV hats out of it as long as they are not the high demand ones.

Ketch

Nabs said:
-window -noborder -novid

is your friend

Nope... tried that, doesn't work. Unless I used -dxlevel 90 (which F's my resolution), the game just crashes as soon as the main menu finishes loading.

WEGGLES

Ceebs said:
I find that it's best to just browse the trade forum on the Steam forum for someone trading the same hat to see what they are asking/getting for it.

Looks like that one is going for like 4 refined 2 reclaimed, so you can probably get 2 older NV hats out of it as long as they are not the high demand ones.

Ah nice.

I'd like to get a decent hat for Medic and Heavy or Soldier or Scout. So should be possible. I never play spy, so it's kinda collecting dust just sitting in my backpack.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I got a Backbiter's Billycock last week and have been trying to trade it, but trade servers are a bit of a clusterfuck. I'm looking for a Soldier's Stash, Trophy Belt, Engineer's Cap ... something else that's not entirely in demand either. I'd be willing to throw in some metal plus the Backbiter's for Ol' Snaggletooth or Milkman as well, although that's probably a long shot.

So yeah, anyone game? I basically never play the spy and already have a G. Noh Mercy anyway, just trying to get something for it in return. Doubt there's any interest here, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Clydefrog

BloodySinner said:
Does that shit actually work?

Yeah, actually. I've only used it a handful of times (it has a shit-ton of caffeine in it; can become addictive). I use it when I've had a long day and am about to have a long night out with friends. Instead of dying, I can last throughout the night and feel fine during it.

Javaman

ArtistDude88 said:
Must... Play.. TF2...

But so... tired...

CAFFEINE!

zzz

I know the feeling. I've been up since 5pm Thursday. My clock has been reset so I'm good for another couple of hours. DIE BLUE/RED

Forkball

So I traded the Genuine Mount and Blade hats for the Big Chief, Pyro brain slug, and lime paint. I think that's pretty good actually. You can craft the hats now and not many people seem to really give a damn about Genuine.

Man, if I were TellTale games, I'd a sale with Sam & Max that includes the Bunny Ears. They'd sell a ton of games. Of course they have to get Valve to go along with it.

I want a set of those damn bunny ears.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda overpayed for the Sight for Soreeyes especially since it was gifted but I needed to clean up some of the many hats I don't use. Besides I got most of them for free basically. Now my next goal is the Bison Hat.

wlzps6.jpg

Oreoleo

speculawyer said:
Man, if I were TellTale games, I'd a sale with Sam & Max that includes the Bunny Ears. They'd sell a ton of games. Of course they have to get Valve to go along with it.

I want a set of those damn bunny ears.

Am I the only that things they look ridiculous (in a bad way)? I assumed everyone wants them so bad because they're rare.

Now, the earbuds on the other hand..

desh

Soooo...I crafted a Villain's Veil #59 last night. I put it up on tf2tp.com to see what offers I can get.

Here are some of the offers:

1.Superfan+Athletic Supporter+Essential Accessories+V. Brainslug +V.Troublemaker's Tosslecap
2.Festive Tree + Milkman + Whiskered Gentleman+Genuine Brain Bucket
3. Brain Bucket+Whiskered Gentleman+Large Luchadore+Geisha Boy

This is crazy. I'm trying to figure out how much this is worth.

Ceebs

desh said:
Soooo...I crafted a Villain's Veil #59 last night. I put it up on tf2tp.com to see what offers I can get.

Here are some of the offers:

1.Superfan+Athletic Supporter+Essential Accessories+V. Brainslug +V.Troublemaker's Tosslecap
2.Festive Tree + Milkman + Whiskered Gentleman+Genuine Brain Bucket
3. Brain Bucket+Whiskered Gentleman+Large Luchadore+Geisha Boy

This is crazy. I'm trying to figure out how much this is worth.
Is that Luchadore numbered? If not they are all probably lowball offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom