• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forkball said:
I have to admit, I am pretty bad at battling spies as an Engineer. I can never seem to kill the spy and then save all of my buildings. In the last point of Dustbowl, I often build up on the balcony. I put my gun on the edge so it can see the bridge easily, and then I always put my dispenser in front of the door. That way spies cannot sneak up behind me and backstab me because the dispenser blocks it, so they either have to sap it, which gets my attention, or try to shoot at me. However, one time I got fucking backstabbed through some tiny ass gap between the door and the dispenser and the spy sapped all my stuff. Ughhhhh. Is a Pocket Pyro too much to ask for sometimes?
A wrench to the face gets them pretty quickly. But I use the Jag and that generally requires 2 or more hits which can make it tough. Sometimes I hit 'Q' to bring up the shotgun but then I end up with the wrangler and I'm totally defenseless.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
BloodySinner said:
Server. Time. Meet me somewhere. >=(

Steam ID: BloodySinner

Hmmm...Proven....to be owned?!

Krillin_owned_12.jpg

Whenever I lay engie, I almost always go after the spy first. It'll give him the impression I'm after him only and he'll resort to fighting and put away that sapper. It'll give me some time to hit my buildings while I'm dodging. Though I'll switch to shotty if he runs far away enough. As far as I'm concerned, you should ALWAYS go for the spy unless the other team is pushing and your sentry gun is needed at that moment.

@drkirby. If I were you, I'd shoot first and THEN sap. I don't think engies get cues as to when their stuff is being attacked, only when it's being sapped. Two shots and a sap will be all she wrote, but sapping and then shooting? I've had engies fix it in time while others killed me.

Blizzard

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
@drkirby. If I were you, I'd shoot first and THEN sap. I don't think engies get cues as to when their stuff is being attacked, only when it's being sapped. Two shots and a sap will be all she wrote, but sapping and then shooting? I've had engies fix it in time while others killed me.
This is an excellent point and one I should try. Engineers can SEE that the equipment is being damaged and there may be the little beeping noise, but it's not as obvious as the sapper effect. I would think it's pretty rare that an engineer would pay enough attention to catch the teleporter in time -- when doing invisible spy sentry tauntkills I might have had an engineer only once notice the halfway-through-taunt sentry damage in time to do something about it.

Oreoleo

I had a dream last night that me and Speculawyer were playing real-life TF2 all night and didn't stop until like 9 or 10 in the morning. I remember being angry cause I wasn't getting any drops :3 That is all.

I think that's the first time GAF has invaded my dreams.

100 View Get!

1 Achievement down. Now I just have to replicate it 10 times to get a hat, then 100 times, than 1,000 times.

At this rate it'll only take me 4 years to get the last achievement!

Jzero

balladofwindfishes said:
100 View Get!

1 Achievement down. Now I just have to replicate it 10 times to get a hat, then 100 times, than 1,000 times.

Me too! it's funny that people disliked my video but at least i'm getting views :D

Baha

There are some threads in the Art/Videos sub-forum of the TF2 SPUF that can help you get the views you need. I'm closing on 300 views for the 2nd video submitted.

Baha said:
There are some threads in the Art/Videos sub-forum of the TF2 SPUF that can help you get the views you need. I'm closing on 300 views for the 2nd video submitted.
I'm using those
It's what got me to my first 100 view video.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kuro Madoushi said:
Nope, similure alarm noise cue. Not the "A spy's sappen my sentry!" cue, but the "boo, boo, boo, boo" cue.

But I can give it a try.

When I get home I plan to make a kick ass video.

Dug

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
100 View Get!

Currently sitting at 312 views, wonder how long it will take to get to 1,000....

Nabs

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this replay editor. Now to get some replays worth uploading.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wonder if replays will be live on gaf when I get home. Are they up yet?

I think Yeef is going to be waiting at my home to kill me for the constant bugging

Clydefrog said:
Why so dark? I wish the server I played had replays.

Another sniper and me killed each other with arrows when the cart reached the final point. Him and me were lameting missing such awesome moment. =(

EDIT: I need servers that DO have replays enabled, not that they have the movie tape on the side but the replays are always off anyway. >_>

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Domination by Nikolai = headshot by Kuro

Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's right Nikolai! Don't get too comfy! >:/

Spaceb0y's golden lines

"Motherfucker!"
"That's what I call my dad"

"You're getting feedback on your mic"
"And all of it is bad"

Clydefrog

Sgt.Pepper said:
Why so dark? I wish the server I played had replays.

Another sniper and me killed each other with arrows when the cart reached the final point. Him and me were lameting missing such awesome moment. =(

EDIT: I need servers that DO have replays enabled, not that they have the movie tape on the side but the replays are always off anyway. >_>

Uh, I have no idea why it turned out so dark. Weird.

check out my fat sheep:
6z3rcx.jpg

Ketch

Anybody else interested in trying some 6v6 for funsies? Soldier gets boring and my pro-spy is too pro, I want to try something more differicult.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Yeef said:
Lieutenant Dan!

MAGIC LEGS! O.O

Funny haha. My black tosslecap is missing!?

EasyTGT said:
Anybody else interested in trying some 6v6 for funsies? Soldier gets boring and my pro-spy is too pro, I want to try something more differicult.

I'd be down Ketch. The only useful class I would probably qualify for in 6v6 is medic although I have been working on my scout again.

Kuro Madoushi said:
Domination by Nikolai = headshot by Kuro

Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's right Nikolai! Don't get too comfy! >:/

Shut up Kuro! You got in the way of my sticky bombs! I can't help that you're too pro for me :mad: At least it wasn't a body shot!

Forkball

The "people having no hats" glitch seems to be fairly common. Maybe Valve is stealth testing an option to turn off cosmetics.

Also change your avatar Artist.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Okay I want to do a silly replay, but its going to take a few people, and some perfect coordination.

Map starts, and red and blue heavy run at eachother and perform the fists gun taunt at eachother at the exact same time. Right before they would kill eachother with the taunt however, a red and blue sniper standing right next to eachother would headshot their respective heavies, then do the wave taunt.

Anyone be willing to help? And what would be a good map for this?

Forkball

Zerokku said:
Okay I want to do a silly replay, but its going to take a few people, and some perfect coordination.

Map starts, and red and blue heavy run at eachother and perform the fists gun taunt at eachother at the exact same time. Right before they would kill eachother with the taunt however, a red and blue sniper standing right next to eachother would headshot their respective heavies, then do the wave taunt.

I'd be willing to help, I'm good at getting headshot. As for the map, maybe Badlands since it's kinda open, especially the middle point. Or somewhere on Goldrush.

Also, Valve really needs to fix some fugly paint jobs for the new hats.

Painted_Large_Luchadore_141414.png

Painted_Furious_Fukaamigasa_141414.png

Honestly, all of the paints for the Fukamigasa look hideous. Please do not paint that thing if you get it.

Baha

Zerokku said:

Send me a message on steam if you need help.

Yeef

Zerokku said:

I'd be willing to help.

Harvest or Sawmill would be good, I think.

[Edit] We'll also need an empty server with replays enabled that will also let us force a map change to one of those maps....

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
I'd be willing to help.

Harvest or Sawmill would be good, I think.

[Edit] We'll also need an empty server with replays enabled that will also let us force a map change to one of those maps....
Get it working on the gaf server and put a password?

Nikolai13

Neo Member
ArtistDude88 said:
Neverrrrr! Blueface has be replaced!

He was pale in the winter. Now he's getting some sun and becoming progressively tanner. Are you going to have a brown avatar when it's July?

Those two paints are ugly because the Wiki painted them wrong

Go into the Mann Co store and preview the paint. It looks a lot nicer.

The basket hat (fukawhatever) only paints the string. The Wiki is wrong.

For the Luchador, only the white part is painted. The other flamey bits are not tinted as the Wiki implies.

I have been bugging the Wiki to fix these errors, along with the incorrect painting they have for the Villain's Veil.

Ceebs

balladofwindfishes said:
Those two paints are ugly because the Wiki painted them wrong

Go into the Mann Co store and preview the paint. It looks a lot nicer.

The basket hat (fukawhatever) only paints the string. The Wiki is wrong.

For the Luchador, only the white part is painted. The other flamey bits are not tinted as the Wiki implies.

I have been bugging the Wiki to fix these errors, along with the incorrect painting they have for the Villain's Veil.
Have any clue if the lucha mask's design is texture work or part of the model itself? Would be cool if the hat maker did some variations you could set with styles.

Ceebs said:
Have any clue if the lucha mask's design is texture work or part of the model itself? Would be cool if the hat maker did some variations you could set with styles.
Looks like it's a texture.

Which is impressive considering it doesn't look like a texture until you get really close.

You can see here that it's actually all flat and none of the details are raised.

desh

Ok, so in the interest in not being called "douche" by Javaman anymore. I'm going back to just "MUJU".

Thanks, Java.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
desh said:
Ok, so in the interest in not being called "douche" by Javaman anymore. I'm going back to just "MUJU".

Thanks, Java.
How do you fight on koth_harvest roofs?
I'm awful at aiming soldier vs soldier on those.

Also don't mind Java he just doesn't like dying.

Inkwell

Banned
Finally got the chance to play around with the replay editor. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. I edited and rendered a video(after which tf2 froze and then crashed on me), and had a great time in the 5 minutes I spent doing it. All I need now is a video that's actually worthy to be uploaded and viewed by everyone.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
desh said:

Thanks, Java.
Ohhhh YOU'RE MUJU DESH! You play a mean solly.

And I remember that rocket frag on gorge, so you are a douche! :mad:

@Neroh, you gotta use the old shotty.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Kuro Madoushi said:
Ohhhh YOU'RE MUJU DESH! You play a mean solly.

And I remember that rocket frag on gorge, so you are a douche! :mad:

@Neroh, you gotta use the old shotty.
I was using it, but I'd rather hit a rocket.

Jzero

Clydefrog said:
I got a hat drop last night!!!

Too bad it's this ugly engy hat :(
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iB1SBjeP_dI/TbrryZoeySI/AAAAAAAAAsk/bK0CzYnOmeM/s1600/Hetman%2527s_Headpiece.[/QUOTE]
at least you got something new, i always get the same lame weapons

Forkball

Update:

Replay publishing system will try to do a rename for local HTTP mode but will manually copy and delete the file if the rename fails, which can happen if the source and destination are on different volumes.
Fixed threading issues on Linux, which was causing major lag spikes.
Fixed replay data cleanup system, which cleans up stale data at the end of each round. This asynchronous operation can be explicitly invoked by executing a replay_docleanup command on the server.
Removed unused convar, replay_cleanup_time.
Saxxy fanfare music wasn't playing on music channel. Music will only play once per launch now and will not play on a changelevel

Does this mean we can actually get replays on the GAF server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom