• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

commissar

Yeef said:
What are you doing up so early/late/[whatever time it is there] bacon?!

Also, there are plans in the works to figure out what's going on with the non-replay related jank the server's been getting over the last few weeks.
Bah. I set that up perfectly :mad:

Swing and a miss Yeef. Swing and a miss.

it's 1:30pm. Not being awake now would be particularly shameful even for a lazy Sunday

droopy

Greyvvolf said:
How does the Villain's Veil you got look in your backpack? Does it just have "Villain's Veil" and the level? Or is it numbered like when it's crafted? I've been wondering how that would work when the new hats were found in a drop instead of being crafted.

No number, just the name.
And you can change how it looks and add a skull print like that guy from MW2 without using paint or anything. Neato.

Ceebs

So I was thinking of crafting my Old Guadalajara and my Tippler's Tricorne together in hopes of something better. Good idea or no?

XeroSauce

Ceebs said:
So I was thinking of crafting my Old Guadalajara and my Tippler's Tricorne together in hopes of something better. Good idea or no?

Depends on Vintage status and (level?) paint, etc. Sometimes, you can getting better deals by just selling it to people.

Forkball

I've crafted a hat three times and got a Bloke's Bucket Hat, Chieftan's Challenge, and Master's Yellow Belt. The first hat I crafted again to get the second hat, which I traded for... something, I forget actually. I painted my Master's Yellow Belt team colored, and now it looks badass. It really is a crapshoot, but it's kinda fun knowing that you potentially have a chance of getting a really cool hat.

But I bet now, a lot of people are hoarding hats and metal so they can craft them for the next big update on the off chance they craft a new hat with a number on it so they can trade it.

AcciDante

Ceebs said:
I always get something terrible, but its so exciting! THE THRILLS!

Kuro Madoushi said:
Why do engies try to repair instead of kill the spah? :p
Because someone else nearby should kill the spy.

Often times you try to alternate swings of the wrench between the spy's face and the buildings so you can do both.

If you kill the spy but lose your buildings you might as well be dead because you probably need to go back to the spawn anyway to put up a teleporter.

(._.)

Banned
speculawyer said:
Because someone else nearby should kill the spy.

Often times you try to alternate swings of the wrench between the spy's face and the buildings so you can do both.

If you kill the spy but lose your buildings you might as well be dead because you probably need to go back to the spawn anyway to put up a teleporter.
Another engy (or player) should obviously give assistance if he is around but that isn't always the case. The game isn't that much "team based." Engy is given shotgun for a reason. Worse case scenario losing all your level 3 buildings to one spy beats getting killed and your buildings staying up. Either way one spy vs one engy without any interference should easily favor the engy with minor losses of structures. That engy just didn't do good there.

Yeef

You should always try to kill the spy first. Even if the spy doesn't kill you even on a single building spamming sappers will kill the building faster than you can repair. Having multiple buildings sapped decreased your odds even more. Level 3 buildings take almost 9 seconds to sap completely, assuming the spy doesn't start shooting them with his revolver (if he does that's when you kill the sapper on the sentry so it destroys him).

Oreoleo

I think paints are worth like 1 reclaimed? Black, white and the few others that aren't sold in the store are worth more.

Orellio said:
I think paints are worth like 1 reclaimed? Black, white and the few others that aren't sold in the store are worth more.
Well, I got that and Salmon. Both are only uncrateable.

Edit: And Olive too.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna miss my Head Honcho, spy mask, and whatever other hats I traded but the Bison hat is just so worth it.

I finally played a little yesterday since the update, but all the replays I saved are error'd :(

Poor youtube account... No love for you just yet.

Ceebs

So I crafted the Guadalajara and and pugilist's protector (all non vintage). I got a Vintage Tyrolean. I then crafted my Gatsby and Tricorne together and got a procedure mask.

I think I came out ahead there.

Baha

Ceebs said:
So I crafted the Guadalajara and and pugilist's protector (all non vintage). I got a Vintage Tyrolean. I then crafted my Gatsby and Tricorne together and got a procedure mask.

I think I came out ahead there.

Yeah you definitely did, I have no luck when I craft hats. I actually think that crafting hats on Friday night affected my drop rate because I stopped getting anything afterwards (got like 5 items before I started crafting).

I could probably help give a Concheror.

Give it to me.

...or bad things will happen.

7bYsD.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
You should always try to kill the spy first. Even if the spy doesn't kill you even on a single building spamming sappers will kill the building faster than you can repair. Having multiple buildings sapped decreased your odds even more. Level 3 buildings take almost 9 seconds to sap completely, assuming the spy doesn't start shooting them with his revolver (if he does that's when you kill the sapper on the sentry so it destroys him).
Yep, its why one of my strategies is to get to the spawn, sap the teleporter and start shooting the hell out of it. Often the other player simply can't react fast enough to save it, and no Teleporter will help my team push/defend.

Ketch

Weenerz said:
I have Genuine version of both, have a lugermorph, dangeresque too or earbuds? :p

You really trading your earbuds? I'd trade any of the L4D2 items for earbuds... Bill's hat, Frying Pan, also got the new PvZ hats too...

EasyTGT said:
You really trading your earbuds? I'd trade any of the L4D2 items for earbuds... Bill's hat, Frying Pan, also got the new PvZ hats too...
You can trade Bill's hat for 3-4 earbuds in a normal trade server! I've seen people trading it for 5-6 too.

DarkKyo

Sgt.Pepper said:
You can trade Bill's hat for 3-4 earbuds in a normal trade server! I've seen people trading it for 5-6 too.
I finally traded my Bill's Hat for the Aperture Labs Hard Hat... I feel it was worth it. 1 promotional valve hat for another, and I hardly ever used Bill's Hat.

AcciDante

Sgt.Pepper said:
I think you mean the other way around. I normally saw buds going for multiple bill's.

I was on a trade server yesterday, er, today and that's the sales I always saw going on. However, I know crap about this economy so....

You can check tf2tp and there are many Bill's for earbuds trades going on too...

Proven

Drkirby said:
Yep, its why one of my strategies is to get to the spawn, sap the teleporter and start shooting the hell out of it. Often the other player simply can't react fast enough to save it, and no Teleporter will help my team push/defend.
Don't remind me. I've only been able to save a tele 1 out of every 10 or so times it happens. And then I've lost a few just because I had be careful before unsapping as there's still the omnipresent threat of getting telefragged.

BloodySinner said:
Give it to me.

...or bad things will happen.

http://i.imgur.com/7bYsD.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Now you're going to have to out medic me to get it.

Forkball

I have to admit, I am pretty bad at battling spies as an Engineer. I can never seem to kill the spy and then save all of my buildings. In the last point of Dustbowl, I often build up on the balcony. I put my gun on the edge so it can see the bridge easily, and then I always put my dispenser in front of the door. That way spies cannot sneak up behind me and backstab me because the dispenser blocks it, so they either have to sap it, which gets my attention, or try to shoot at me. However, one time I got fucking backstabbed through some tiny ass gap between the door and the dispenser and the spy sapped all my stuff. Ughhhhh. Is a Pocket Pyro too much to ask for sometimes?

Proven

Forkball said:
I have to admit, I am pretty bad at battling spies as an Engineer. I can never seem to kill the spy and then save all of my buildings. In the last point of Dustbowl, I often build up on the balcony. I put my gun on the edge so it can see the bridge easily, and then I always put my dispenser in front of the door. That way spies cannot sneak up behind me and backstab me because the dispenser blocks it, so they either have to sap it, which gets my attention, or try to shoot at me. However, one time I got fucking backstabbed through some tiny ass gap between the door and the dispenser and the spy sapped all my stuff. Ughhhhh. Is a Pocket Pyro too much to ask for sometimes?
Actually, no. Lately I've been in the mood for doing class combos other than Medic. That way I have an excuse to stick with someone and not be stuck with just needles when they die.

Nabs

I got challenged to a game of Dong Dong Never Die and had to leave early last night. I hope we get a game going tonight (with our load out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom