• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a hat drop!!

95px-RED_Janissary_Ketche.png

... dammit I don't even play Spy and it's a lousy hat anyway IMO.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Someone found this in the Portal 2 files, look familiar?

14mszgi.jpg

It is more or less a neutral capture point with a an Apriture logo

Damn. 45 minutes for a 1:09 clip? lol

Edit: Some servers allow to start a replay at any time, but others only allow you to start a replay when the round starts or when you are going to spawn. Is there a reason for this?

Edit 2: I choose 720p Kirby, I did last time and got a 480p video. >_>

Do I have to upload it obligatory through the replay editor to get the view achievements? Or can I export, upload it normally and add it to my steam profile? I feel that it takes much more time uploading it in-game that through youtube website.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sgt.Pepper said:
Do I have to upload it obligatory through the replay editor to get the view achievements? Or can I export, upload it normally and add it to my steam profile? I feel that it takes much more time uploading it in-game that through youtube website.
I think though the replay editor for Achievement, but I am not sure.

Jswanko said:
So apparently earbuds are rare? Haven't played in forever and traded mine away for not much @_@
The only non-badge all class misc.

So yea, it's pretty sought after, since most classes still don't have a misc item in the drop system.

Twig

Banned
This replay thing is pretty much the only update I've actually been interested in since the engineer class update. Oh, I guess Polycount was cool, too.

So, how's it working out? I might actually play again and make some new videos. U:

Baha

Twig said:
This replay thing is pretty much the only update I've actually been interested in since the engineer class update. Oh, I guess Polycount was cool, too.

So, how's it working out? I might actually play again and make some new videos. U:

Aside from some jankiness across several servers when the update went live, it's going pretty well. Also Remy got a new server that we're testing out with some really great results so far (replays enabled, little to no jank).

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Jswanko said:
So apparently earbuds are rare? Haven't played in forever and traded mine away for not much @_@

Where are the people like this when I want to trade? =(

Twig said:

if you enjoy server lag, well, now's your chance to experience even more of it.

DarkKyo

Man what is with people clicking dislike on replays on youtube? Even when I only link them here. That's just lame :/ they aren't even that bad compared to most of the crap replays out there.

Nikolai13

Neo Member
Twig said:

The Return of Twig :O

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hey guys just bought TF2 and I'm supergreen when it comes to this game, anyways I was thinking if there's a gaf-server or anything... I don't want to be all alone :(

edit : is this the one " 174.143.208.222:27015 " ?

Baha

Corky said:
Hey guys just bought TF2 and I'm supergreen when it comes to this game, anyways I was thinking if there's a gaf-server or anything... I don't want to be all alone :(

edit : is this the one " 174.143.208.222:27015 " ?

Looks like you found the right one, thing is that it's usually empty during the day. The GAF crowd tends to gather to play during evenings.

esc said:
I was wondering how I got headshot by a pyro, FUCKING INKWELL. Ftr, the kill icon was a regular sniper rifle head shot.
I think the RED pyro set the arrow on fire in mid-air (if that's possible); a reflected flaming arrow headshot has, oddly enough, a regular sniper rifle headshot kill icon.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
desh said:
Video would have been better if you had shotty instead of buff banner.

How dare you question my artistic vision, the buff banner is his heart.

Looking forward to trying out making a video of actual combat, just to see if I can make something coherent. When I look at a lot of the videos coming out, I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be looking at. It's just all absolute chaos. I think a lot of people are excited about free camera, but I think it should only be used once the main subject has been established, so that we know what to follow on screen.

Borgnine said:

Looking forward to trying out making a video of actual combat, just to see if I can make something coherent. When I look at a lot of the videos coming out, I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be looking at. It's just all absolute chaos. I think a lot of people are excited about free camera, but I think it should only be used once the main subject has been established, so that we know what to follow on screen.
My video is an example of that.

Yeef

Borgnine said:

It'd be nice if they added some replay-only effects that you could toggle. For instance, the Left4Dead-style player highlighting that goes through walls.

[EDIT] Just realized that uploading form the client auto-tags the video with a match number. That could be useful if enough people upload videos from the same match.

webrunner

I wish you could play forward at fast/slow motion both while recording your camera movements (so you can better catch things) and in the actual recording (so you can slow down for arrow time or something)

Sanic

A couple questions:

- What alternative do you guys recommend to Quicktime? I don't really want to have that installed just to export from TF2.

- Have replays been re-enabled on the GAF server?

webrunner

Pandoracell said:
A couple questions:

- What alternative do you guys recommend to Quicktime? I don't really want to have that installed just to export from TF2.

- Have replays been re-enabled on the GAF server?

I'm pretty sure when people say "Quicktime alternative" they don't mean "an alternative to quicktime" but "an alternative to quicktime actually named Quicktime Alternative"

Maaaan! I just had this awesome double kill. I was a Sandman Scout... I launched my ball right at a Heavy in front of me, and missed lol. BUT! I killed a low-health Sniper with the ball who just happened to be behind him, then killed the Heavy with scattergun :D

The server I was on didn't have replays enabled. D'oh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom