• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
ArtistDude88 said:
Maaaan! I just had this awesome double kill. I was a Sandman Scout... I launched my ball right at a Heavy in front of me, and missed lol. BUT! I killed a low-health Sniper with the ball who just happened to be behind him, then killed the Heavy with scattergun :D

The server I was on didn't have replays enabled. D'oh

Well then it never happened and you just made all that shit up didn't you.

ArtistDude88 said:
Maaaan! I just had this awesome double kill. I was a Sandman Scout... I launched my ball right at a Heavy in front of me, and missed lol. BUT! I killed a low-health Sniper with the ball who just happened to be behind him, then killed the Heavy with scattergun :D

I love the Sandman. I actually got a double stun from one baseball before. Felt awesome.

Borgnine said:
Well then it never happened and you just made all that shit up didn't you.

You just earned yourself 10 backstabs, mister!

Grimm Fandango said:
I love the Sandman. I actually got a double stun from one baseball before. Felt awesome.

I looooooooooved the Sandman! I mess with it every now and then these days, but after the stun nerf, it just wasn't the same :(

Inkwell

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:

Sorry, don't believe you. I need some video proof.

Edit: Beaten to the punch, or how I learned to read the rest of the thread before replying.

-htownplaya- said:
Upgraded my PC so I went ahead and purchased TF2 on Steam. Someone let me know when and where I can find Gaf playing.

we don't play we collect hats, and make videos making fun of hatless players.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Alright :

can everything you can buy drop for you ingame?

Also, somebody really needs to clear this up for me. How on earth do you unlock stuff?

Some people say " you gotta play x hour "
Some people say " achievements "
Some people say " random "

So which is it, somebody must know the programming behind this >_<

DarkKyo

Corky said:
Alright :

Yeah pretty much... Drop or craft. Hats, weapons, misc items... Special event/pre-order items usually don't drop though.

Corky said:
Original update weapons for each class can be unlocked by doing achievements for that class.

Besides that, items drop randomly throughout playtime. I'd say maybe once an hour or so of playtime. So play for a couple hours and you are bound to get like two drops. However, there is an item drop limit per week so you usually can only get like 7-10 items a week. This is to prevent idle abuse I guess.

Besides that, you can craft all sorts of weapons and hats as well.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ArtistDude88 said:

Artists make up good stories... :D

Forkball

Corky said:
Alright :

Also, somebody really needs to clear this up for me. How on earth do you unlock stuff?

So which is it, somebody must know the programming behind this >_<
Everything in the store can be obtained via drops except for keys, Team Spirit paint, the Mann Co. Cap, and World Traveller hat.

Items can be obtained in various ways. The most common way is to get them via random drops. While playing, there's a chance you get a random item after your death. There is not set time that indicates when you get an item, you could play for an a minute before you find an item or an hour. You get six to twelve item drops per week, not counting crates. The items cap at eleven hours of playtime per week, but most people hit their drop limit before that.

You can get some items via achievements. This happens when you get the "milestone" achievements. These items are the new items introduced in the original class updates. These are not tradeable or craftable.

-htownplaya- said:
Upgraded my PC so I went ahead and purchased TF2 on Steam. Someone let me know when and where I can find Gaf playing.

-->

Yeef said:
New update just went out, both servers updated.

Also, anyone who wants to help me stress test potential new server add 216.6.224.225:27015 to your favorites and join!

Are we playing tonight on the new server? I want to make some replays with gaffers!

Edit: I was messing with youtube video editing and they changed the scroll down menu, where your account name is.

Twig

Banned
I play TF2 for the first time in ages, and my mic doesn't work, and it crashes three times in two maps.

*thumbs up*

But Oreo raging at me was fun. :3

I dropped out early tonight on a count of me getting dominated by everyone and needing to study physics.

I always need to play on one of the noobish servers to get my swag back after getting owned in Jank-land. Fun time though

I got the whole damn nucleus round on replay since I didn't die in the first round. Almost 7 minutes, what should I do?!

Oh yeah, there better be some replays with my gloriousness in Hoodoo! Because I didn't save any replays there!

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
Anyone here using Chris FPS highframe script? I want to make bodies not disappear when someone is killed. Makes my replays more sucky.
Just run his high-quality script before rendering the replay, then switch back to the maxframes script afterward.

[Edit]
Sgt.Pepper said:
How do I link a video already in X definition?
Just add &hd=1 to the url to make them auto -play in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tkvSnNTiUE&hd=1

Proven

Twig said:
I play TF2 for the first time in ages, and my mic doesn't work, and it crashes three times in two maps.

*thumbs up*

But Oreo raging at me was fun. :3
I missed the return of Twig? Aww.

derFeef

I am going to ask this for a friend, would be nice if anyone can help us out with that.

He wanted to give TF2 a shot again, so he tried reinstalling it. But everytime the "pre-install" is at 100%, Steam crashes. It does not finish the install and the download never starts. He tried everything (Antivirus, network etc.), but nothing seems to help and he can do it with any other game just fine. Anyone encountered this problem before?

Rapstah

derFeef said:
I am going to ask this for a friend, would be nice if anyone can help us out with that.

He wanted to give TF2 a shot again, so he tried reinstalling it. But everytime the "pre-install" is at 100%, Steam crashes. It does not finish the install and the download never starts. He tried everything (Antivirus, network etc.), but nothing seems to help and he can do it with any other game just fine. Anyone encountered this problem before?
You could try copying your "steam/steamapps/accountname/team fortress 2" folder and sending it to him to paste in his account folder. I think the pre-install step is mostly creating that folder and it doesn't actually contain any game content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom