• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikolai13 said:

I agree with Commissar. Mountain Lab is a very beautiful map, and your vid shows it! I think it's a good map too, but no one likes to play it due to the Halloween event or something.

Drkirby said:
Overly long and not that great, but I spent a good amount of time working on it so here it is, The Great Chase:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTZQ9F6lYhU

Lol! Still don't see how my crocket didn't kill you.... It like, landed right behind you at your heels :U

Music makes it nice to watch the whole thing lol

Aurarian

Kuro Madoushi said:
:lol Hope that lasts
I've been playing MEDIC since I bought this game when the Orange Box came out. I honestly have little to no interest in playing any other class in the game and only do so if there are 2 or more medics in my team. Like yesterday, I had to play Pyro since it was the only attack based class we didn't have and besides using the air blast to ward off the ubers, I'm really awful at it.

Ceebs

So I managed to get a non numbered lucha mask, a grimm hatte and 5 keys for that numbered lucha mask. It makes up for the FIVE Bonk! drinks I got from idling last night.

Ceebs said:
So I managed to get a non numbered lucha mask, a grimm hatte and 5 keys for that numbered lucha mask. It makes up for the FIVE Bonk! drinks I got from idling last night.
I gave away all my shogun weapons and got them again as drop yesterday. I fucking hate this drop system arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ceebs

Sgt.Pepper said:
I gave away all my shogun weapons and got them again as drop yesterday. I fucking hate this drop system arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Did you get an extra sword? I'll swap you another weapon for one.

Aurarian

By the way, does anyone know if the only way to get supply crates opened is by buying keys in the store or do they drop in game?

I realized I don't have many death screenshots. Share some!

35840D82D0B8157BB4C4571CAE87362DE0121F2A

B1E85D793AAD27B922CD4D602F2F350E64CA56DD

This one is especially hilarious, because I was dominating that guy since the beginning of the round and the pose is like "GOT YOU BITCH"
086491C5DE4EF73DC56E5E819FEAE03AE5E20F29

Edit: Clyde, check this post.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Clydefrog said:
Where is this mythical 3.0 server?

yes please divulge this info, everytime I load up tf2 and look at the 2.0 server it's always been empty :((((((((

edit: and there it is cheers.

Remy

Guys -

The 3.0 server ended the trial period today. While I had originally hit the "HELL YEAH EXTEND IT" button, I wasn't able to apply the coupon code I have or get the PayPal subscription set up easily, so I just submitted a cancelation request.

I am working to get it re-created, properly paid for (at the right rate) and set back up, but I will note that I'm at work and can't exactly do a lot of testing/configuration for it at the moment. It'll be up in time for the 9PM shenanigans tonight.

Yeef

Remy said:
Guys -

The 3.0 server ended the trial period today. While I had originally hit the "HELL YEAH EXTEND IT" button, I wasn't able to apply the coupon code I have or get the PayPal subscription set up easily, so I just submitted a cancelation request.

I am working to get it re-created, properly paid for (at the right rate) and set back up, but I will note that I'm at work and can't exactly do a lot of testing/configuration for it at the moment. It'll be up in time for the 9PM shenanigans tonight.
D'oh.

I'm in the middle of setting up SourceMod too. I think it's having the same x64 problem as the other one though, since it's not recognizing metamod.

DarkKyo

Grimm Fandango said:
This is so awesome. Favorite'd.

Do you have a blood mod or something? I don't remember the game being this bloody.
Thanks for the favorite!! :)

Yes it is a mod... I added a mod for extra extra blood plus giant ass cartoony blood decals for when it hits the floor/walls.. Do you care for links? I could find them both.

Clydefrog

Remy said:
Guys -

No problem. You da man, Remy.

Ceebs

Hat Fortress talk: I am trading away my Procedure Mask, Tyrolean, Whiskered Gentleman and Big Chief if anyone wants them.

Remy

Quick update - new server is created, paid for, and a subaccount has been handed off to Yeef so he can do yeef-y things. Data is being migrated over from the old server.

We know the IP but the server hasn't been started yet, so I will save it for the moment. Slightly tragically, we are on a non-standard port (27016 instead of 27015). The DNS for the server will move over later today if I can catch my friend who owns the domain - otherwise I might point my own A record at it. I don't know, is tf2.vjarmy.com cooler than tf2.langui.sh?

Ceebs said:
Hat Fortress talk: I am trading away my Procedure Mask, Tyrolean, Whiskered Gentleman and Big Chief if anyone wants them.
Interested in those two. What's your referential "price"? I'd be willing to exchange whiskered gentleman for stockbroker's scarf, if you're interested in such trade.

AcciDante

Ceebs said:
I'll take the Big Chief for 1 refined using my 'cool dude' discount, of course.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I may have to join you guys for a match sometimes. I just started playing about 2 weeks ago and love using the Pyro.

Also, can hats be earned or can they only be bought? They must be hard to come by because I still don't have a single hat lol.

Ceebs said:

Wouldja take a Hard Counter for the mask? :U

Edit:

Remy said:
Quick update - new server is created, paid for, and a subaccount has been handed off to Yeef so he can do yeef-y things. Data is being migrated over from the old server.

We know the IP but the server hasn't been started yet, so I will save it for the moment. Slightly tragically, we are on a non-standard port (27016 instead of 27015). The DNS for the server will move over later today if I can catch my friend who owns the domain - otherwise I might point my own A record at it. I don't know, is tf2.vjarmy.com cooler than tf2.langui.sh?

You rock! vjarmy? Very Janky Army?!

Ceebs

Sgt.Pepper said:
Interested in those two. What's your referential "price"? I'd be willing to exchange whiskered gentleman for stockbroker's scarf, if you're interested in such trade.
I'll take the sort of standard 3 refined for either or swap for a hat I want (I want one of the new(er) engineer hats, a fez, or a Pyromancer's Mask). If you have one of the newer engie hats I will try to even it out with some metal or something.

* or 2 random crappy/worthless hats so I can test my luck by combing them

Yeef

Remy said:

I think we should stick with tf2.langui.sh since people know it already. If, for some reason, we can't then I wouldn't mind buying a domain specifically for the server.

I'm going to go ahead and post the server info now since SourceMod is up and running and everything is setup as it was on 2.0.

The new server ip is 70.32.46.156:27016. Go ahead and add it to your favorites now if you want and get rid of the 3.0 TRIAL since that'll be going down soon anyway.

Ceebs

Yeef said:
I think we should stick with tf2.langui.sh since people know it already. If, for some reason, we can't then I wouldn't mind buying a domain specifically for the server.

I'm going to go ahead and post the server info now since SourceMod is up and running and everything is setup as it was on 2.0.

The new server ip is 70.32.46.156:27016. Go ahead and add it to your favorites now if you want and get rid of the 3.0 TRIAL since that'll be going down soon anyway.
If you buy a domain, plenty of JankyAssServer.XXX options are available.

Remy

Yeef said:

It won't be a problem, it's just that the owner isn't on AIM/GTalk at the moment. Might be a day or two depending on where he ran off to.

STRIKE THAT! Domain has been transferred, although depending on your local DNS configuration it may take a little while still for it to work for everyone.

I think that means we're live, no?

Trying to redo my moonshot video to submit for the Saxxy Awards, but keep running into an aggravating error. I go into first person on the Sniper when he headshots the Soldier on the cart, and I record it as so, then move to free cam for the moon shot. But every time I go back and re-watch the video it skips the part where I went first person with the Sniper. >:\

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
ArtistDude88 said:
Trying to redo my moonshot video to submit for the Saxxy Awards, but keep running into an aggravating error. I go into first person on the Sniper when he headshots the Soldier on the cart, and I record it as so, then move to free cam for the moon shot. But every time I go back and re-watch the video it skips the part where I went first person with the Sniper. >:\

Well then I guess this mythical "moon shot" never happened then did it?????

(did you set an in-point before going in to the sniper first person view?)

All three Witcher items now drop for people with Witcher 2 pre-ordered

- Sword is a boston basher skin
- All three are craftable
- All three are untradeable
- All three crash servers when equipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom