• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
god damn

Elanore and Tyrus bringing the beat, I wish I was recording that...erhm...music? Worse than torture.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
ArtistDude88 said:
In-point?

I have the sniper in 3rd person then go 1st... But it just doesn't seem to remember the 1st person part

Surely you know what an in-point is.... unless it's called something else and I'm remember wrong.

This is what you are doing right?:

Fast forward to where you want to start, go first person sniper, click in-point, start video until you want to change the angle, stop video, go free camera, put it where you want, click play, watch moonshot, click stop, set out-point, save as.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So being new to TF2 and all, what can I get for a bucket of Violet or w/e it is?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Corky said:
So being new to TF2 and all, what can I get for a bucket of Violet or w/e it is?
Yeah, likely just some metal. If you are new, I would try to get someone to just give you a bunch of weapons you want if you are still low. Or just keep it and paint your Gibus Violet.

Saige

I must do better.
balladofwindfishes said:
All three Witcher items now drop for people with Witcher 2 pre-ordered

- Sword is a boston basher skin
- All three are craftable
- All three are untradeable
- All three crash servers when equipped
Are the recipes out there already? Or does that typically take a while for people to find?

Saige said:
Are the recipes out there already? Or does that typically take a while for people to find?
They're craftable, just not yet

I guess I mean, they're programmed to be craftable and have craft numbers, but there's no way to craft them right now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh good, there is going to be what, a 1 in 7 chance of crafting if no recipe is made :/

I wonder if Weapons will have craft numbers.

Drkirby said:
Oh good, there is going to be what, a 1 in 7 chance of crafting if no recipe is made :/

I wonder if Weapons will have craft numbers.
Yes, it's coded to have craft numbers.

It may have a unique recipe, like Eyelander + Boston Basher + Refined

Saige

I must do better.
balladofwindfishes said:
They're craftable, just not yet

I guess I mean, they're programmed to be craftable and have craft numbers, but there's no way to craft them right now.
Sounds good, hopefully there will still be recipes but I still really like that valve lets you get some preorder items from in game means.

And now the scout finally has a halfway decent hat.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, the Sever crashed. I am guessing ether the burn vote did it, or someone trying to use a Witcher 2 item (Since a scout joined just before the game crashed)

Remy

Drkirby said:
Well, the Sever crashed. I am guessing ether the burn vote did it, or someone trying to use a Witcher 2 item (Since a scout joined just before the game crashed)

I'm apparently locked out of the admin panel at the moment, seemingly related to the trial expiring. I put in a support ticket and will get things back up and running as soon as I can.

Update: Apparently the trial expiring NUKED the server. Their support is baffled but will help us get an install back up as soon as possible. This may require some config reloading.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm kind of dumb when it comes to PC games but I'd really like to play some TF2 with some gaffers. I can't seem to find the GAF server even by using the IP in the 2nd post in the thread. Am I just being a noob?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Grinchy said:
I'm kind of dumb when it comes to PC games but I'd really like to play some TF2 with some gaffers. I can't seem to find the GAF server even by using the IP in the 2nd post in the thread. Am I just being a noob?
Server recently changed, is tf2.langui.sh:27016 now.

Remy

Grinchy said:

We're in the middle of getting the server back up. Patience is good, joining the GAF TF2 group is better as normally an announcement goes out when people start playing.

AniHawk

speculawyer said:
I've played the Mac version. Nice but it needed optimization. I hope it has improved since I last played (which was a while ago.),

it hasn't. i'm playing on a 2008 laptop, but the only way it runs smoothly is if i turn pretty much everything to their lowest settings.

I have a replay that's been downloading/waiting in my replays list for nearly an hour now. I tried restarting the game, Steam, and my computer but nothing has changed.

Happened to anyone else?

Yeef

Enjoyed the one round of Gorge I played. It seems my keyboard and mouse problems are not as easy to fix as I had hoped. I am currently using a PS/2 rollerball mouse and a keyboard that takes at least 35 pounds of pressure to press the keys down. All things considered, I was surprised how well I did.

Also, i didn't even think to capture the replay where I saved the point at the last second. i hope someone else got it!

Grimm Fandango said:
I have a replay that's been downloading/waiting in my replays list for nearly an hour now. I tried restarting the game, Steam, and my computer but nothing has changed.

Happened to anyone else?
Replays are downloaded from an http server (web server). Chances are, for whatever reason, you're not able to connect to the web server and/or the server is just slow.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Flying_Phoenix said:
Just got back from my first play through on the server.

I suck. :(

You that digi whatever?

Again. Try medic first. Or Soldier. Do NOT attack any groups of enemies by yourself. Hell, since you're a n00b, I wouldn't recommend event attacking one dude yourself. Attack with the team and if there's nobody around, retreat.

New players always seem to think they can kill everything themselves, but when you're outnumber, you're generally fucked unless you're a really good.

Otherwise, take the back routes and side routes on the map and attack from the sides and back. I try to do this as often as I can, but it just takes longer to get into the action. But if you're a scout, pyro, or spy, and you attack from the side, you stand a better chance for a kill AND you draw attention away so that your team can push forward if they're distracted with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom