• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sgt.Pepper said:
How do you deactivate the left start button? It has fucked me over twice today.
I used this. Quick and easy, and no need to remove the damn key like people like to suggest (happened to me all the time, too).

ctrl + tab + esc if you ever want to bring it up mid-game.

Forkball

Update:
mportant notes
If you were previously crashing on startup, please have Steam verify the integrity of your game cache
Update your game to the most current version
Right-click on the game and select "Properties"
Click on the "Local Files" tab
Click on the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" button
If you were previously crashing when connecting to a server, please run once with "-autoconfig" to reset your graphics state
Update your game to the most current version
Right-click on the game and select "Properties"
Click on the "General" tab
Click on the "Set Launch Options..." button
Add "-autoconfig" to the launch options and click OK
Restart your game
After doing this, you should remove -autoconfig from your launch options

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Fixed several client crashes on game startup, shutdown, and replay interaction
Updated the materials used on models to ignore the $ignorez flag, to make it harder to create wallhacks on sv_pure 0 servers

Team Fortress 2
Added an Advanced Options button to the main menu to allow tweaking of many gameplay options
Fixed server crashes related to replays and new items
Added "per_class_loadout_slots" and "attribute_controlled_attached_particles" sections to the GetSchema WebAPI call

Let's see how many crashes this fixes and subsequently introduces.

Goon Boon

Banned
vPUYv.jpg

Gonna make the best Saxxy video I can make damnit.

edit - now with less ugly screenshot

Ketch

Forkball said:
Let's see how many crashes this fixes and subsequently introduces.

Did everything as described, and I no longer crash at start up, but still crash when trying to connect to a server.... =(

Edit: Worse still, now it crashes everytime I try to connect to any server, instead of just sometimes on some servers.

Forkball

Don't forget to submit your videos for the Saxxy awards, the deadline is Thursday at midnight. I know I won't win any categories, but I'm hoping everyone who submitted something gets a prize.

Forkball said:
Don't forget to submit your videos for the Saxxy awards, the deadline is Thursday at midnight. I know I won't win any categories, but I'm hoping everyone who submitted something gets a prize.
Doubt it. I just submitted your fail attack on Yeef for epic fail though.

Yeef

I have a couple that I'll probably submit, but I don't really care. I don't even remember what the prizes are.

Also, we should try to do something for best team costume. Any ideas?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeef said:
I have a couple that I'll probably submit, but I don't really care. I don't even remember what the prizes are.

Maybe just the most ridiculous outfits we can make, and do a stack up with them.

Baha

Yeef said:

We don't have much time left if we're going for team costume so if we're going to do it we better do it soon.

Yeef

Baha said:
We don't have much time left if we're going for team costume so if we're going to do it we better do it soon.
It's midnight PST, right? That's plenty of time. The real question is, if we all submit the same team costume how do they decide who wins? :p

Baha

Yeef said:
It's midnight PST, right? That's plenty of time. The real question is, if we all submit the same team costume how do they decide who wins? :p

Midnight GMT actually:

Only entries created between 12:00:00 AM GMT, Thursday, May 5th, 2011 and 11:59:59 PM GMT, Thursday, May 19th, 2011, and submitted by 11:59:59 PM GMT, Thursday, May 19th, 2011, will be considered.

Also, you could just credit the people in the video under the description or credits. I don't care who submits really but I'd like to be a part of the video if someone does it.

Yeef

Baha said:
Midnight GMT actually:

Also, you could just credit the people in the video under the description or credits. I don't care who submits really but I'd like to be a part of the video if someone does it.
Oh shit. in that case i won't even be home from work in time to submit the stuff I wanted to submit. Time to make a mad dash to submit random videos in random categories!

[Edit] apparently you can only submit from in game, so there goes that! :D

Clydefrog

Wow, nice bonk artistdude. I'd still argue the clip is way too long. Why do you have the ubered spy battle included at the beginning? What does that add to the movie that is supposed to be about a Moonshot? IMO the movie should be MAYBE 10 seconds long focusing only on the moonshot.

Hope you win something though!

Baha

Clydefrog said:
Wow, nice bonk artistdude. I'd still argue the clip is way too long. Why do you have the ubered spy battle included at the beginning? What does that add to the movie that is supposed to be about a Moonshot? IMO the movie should be MAYBE 10 seconds long focusing only on the moonshot.

Hope you win something though!

As long as it is, I think it flows better at that length. He avoids death a couple of times, makes an impressive moonshot and pushes the cart up the track for the win.

Forkball

The deadline passed thirty minutes ago, so I hope everyone submitted something if you wanted to. Hopefully we get a blog post today or tomorrow announcing when the winners will be revealed. At this time they will hopefully release Meet the Medic in conjunction with the new item update.

[edit] How dare Valve contradict me. Update:

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Fixed another case where the $ignorez material flag could be used as a cheat

Team Fortress 2
Extended the Saxxy contest deadline to 11:59:59 PM GMT, Friday, May 20th, 2011
Fixed the third-person camera options dialog not displaying correctly in the Replay performance editor
Fixed a rare case where users running Service Pack 3 on Windows 7 64-bit with graphics driver version 12.42 saw a graphical glitch on the main menu Options button
Updated the Three-Rune Blade, Hero's Tail, and Sign of the Wolf's School items so they can be crafted and traded

ArtistDude88 said:
I went to go and see if I can craft the Witcher items, and there's no recipies for them in the list? :\
I would like the pendant. The hair is pretty awful looking and is probably 5 ref + 1 scout token.

I expect the pendant to have a more specific blueprint.

Baha

balladofwindfishes said:
Valve actually broke free camera in replays with yesterday's update, so they extended the deadline 24 hours.

Ahh, that explains why there weren't any options in free cam mode when I was editing my video earlier.

Yeef

esc said:
Since when do heavy minigun bullets push you back? Am I just retarded or is this a new change?
They've always pushed you back a tad. It's extremely annoying when you try to axstinguish them and the push back puts you an inch out of range.

Javaman

esc said:
Since when do heavy minigun bullets push you back? Am I just retarded or is this a new change?

It's great when you're a medic running from a heavy. Run backwards and jump for an easy escape.

DogWelder

Yeef said:
They've always pushed you back a tad. It's extremely annoying when you try to axstinguish them and the push back puts you an inch out of range.
I could see how that would be annoying for pyros who are used to, as Artist puts it, "polearm reach" from the Axtinguisher.

n0b

Javaman said:
It's great when you're a medic running from a heavy. Run backwards and jump for an easy escape.
Its even better when you are a heavy running away from another heavy. Thanks for the free speed boost! :D

Its always fun to float people that try to drop on you above for a melee sneak attack too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom