• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baha

Inkwell said:
I can't even see the videos to vote. Stupid page says I have to log in. So I log in and then get the same message that I need to be logged in to vote.

Are you voting in a browser or in the steam client? The Steam client is more reliable for me atm, just go to TF2 news and click on the voting link from there. It might ask you to login but it should work.

Inkwell

Banned
Baha said:
Are you voting in a browser or in the steam client? The Steam client is more reliable for me atm, just go to TF2 news and click on the voting link from there. It might ask you to login but it should work.
I tried going through Steam already. I double checked before posting this and it still didn't work. I also tried using Firefox and Chrome, and those didn't work either. The same things happens no matter what I use.

Yasae

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
Maybe I should have submitted the scout video, it seems like gold in a pile of crap.

Seriously, so many videos are horrible.
Welllllllllllllllllllllll Mr. Big Hollywood Movie Director, I'm glad you came down from your ivory tower to judge the peons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHIak5Tfeho - now you can relive the saxxys without having to watch the videos

ZOMo8.jpg

sjIvZ.jpg

h8LZv.jpg

pY8lv.jpg

one video is literally a dude pointing a camera at his monitor while crafting sniper hats while "let the bodies hit the floor" plays

like i had shit i didn't enter because i thought the competition would be fierce

Yasae said:
Welllllllllllllllllllllll Mr. Big Hollywood Movie Director, I'm glad you came down from your ivory tower to judge the peons!
When many of them are "I blew myself" or "I failed a backstab and got killed", yes I will judge them as awful.

I didn't submit mine because it was crappy too, but looking at most entries maybe I should have.

Baha

Wolf Akela said:
Personally, I think El Muchacho is the best TF2 trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3KEIGPXw0

Heh that's pretty awesome, good thing he submitted a version w/o copyright music to the contest.
I did not submit this version into the contest; I made another version without copyright music/with public domain music (that version is unlisted, you'll have to find it the good ol' fashioned way via voting system). Please keep looking for it :)

Inkwell

Banned
I can actually vote now. Too bad most of them are flat out terrible. I submitted a terrible one of my own just in case they give out a tf2 item to participants. I guess I can't really complain.

Twig

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
When many of them are "I blew myself" or "I failed a backstab and got killed", yes I will judge them as awful.
Those are some of the best videos.

But only with voice.

Which is impossible because the replay feature fucking sucks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
EmCeeGramr said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHIak5Tfeho - now you can relive the saxxys without having to watch the videos

http://i.imgur.com/ZOMo8.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sjIvZ.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/h8LZv.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pY8lv.jpg[/IMG

one video is literally a dude pointing a camera at his monitor while crafting sniper hats while "let the bodies hit the floor" plays

like i had shit i didn't enter because i thought the competition would be fierce[/QUOTE]
I really wish I entered some more of my videos, I had some stuff that is much better then this. I think this is for just round 1 voting, and there will be a round 2 with the finalists.

The Omega Man said:
Awesome games yesterday my name is Dr. Zokotropo, definitely gonna start playing with you more, great server, lots of good players lots of fun.
By any chance did you save the replay in badwater when we got headshotted simultaneously? I laughed like a madman when that happened.

Sgt.Pepper said:
By any chance did you save the replay in badwater when we got headshotted simultaneously? I laughed like a madman when that happened.

I remember that one! good snipin' there, I wanted to save it but totally forgot about it, this replay feature is so new to me that sometimes I totally forget is there now...

Anyway looking forward to play again with you tonight.

Sgt.Pepper said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596937916993223314/BADF966B251DFEBFD33886E6703B80CD7B4B8F04/
I was surprised I even had 3 dominations without a nemesis, pyro (with scout) is easily my worst class.
The Pyro is over-powered right now. My engie pretty much dies instantly on being touched with flame even when it is from the front.

Yeef said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuqbSCur2jE&hd=1

Wartime and Neroh on the same team both playing demo.

You never stood a chance, blue team.

And that is a good example of the Pyro being overpowered.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
speculawyer said:
The Pyro is over-powered right now. My engine pretty much dies instantly on being touched with flame even when it is from the front.

But a Pyro will almost always die to a Sentry gun, even a level 1 or a mini. Put up a level 2 and unless it is already firing on someone else the pyro is as good as dead.

Heavies can often make it out alive in all situations, Demomen and Soilders have a range advantage, same with the Snipper. Scout can just shoot outside of range, and medics can simply outrun a Pyro (And the Blutslaghter is enough to kill them once you get a bit of range)

Really, the class is pretty balanced, I personally think it is one of the classes easier to lock down, since it has very little range.

Drkirby said:
But a Pyro will almost always die to a Sentry gun, even a level 1 or a mini. Put up a level 2 and unless it is already firing on someone else the pyro is as good as dead.
Not at all. A level 3 can get them. But with a level 1 all the pyro has to do is circle strafe and they'll usually beat a level 1 or mini.

speculawyer said:
Not at all. A level 3 can get them. But with a level 1 all the pyro has to do is circle strafe and they'll usually beat a level 1 or mini.
A buffed Pyro can also circle strafe a lvl 3 sentry if there's no engineer repairing it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuckin pyros.

With everyone running around with the backburner now, i've gotten killed a lot by afterburn.

Pretty agonizing waiting there for health and have it appear JUST as I die or have me reach it and die on top of the health.

burn baby burn indeed.

Though in Yeef's case, the whole team was pretty stupid.
- Not reacting
- Not retreating
- Not looking up

It was a pretty good example of *gasp* flanking!

FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKITY FLANK FLANK!

Yeef

speculawyer said:
The Pyro is over-powered right now. My engie pretty much dies instantly on being touched with flame even when it is from the front.
'Right now?' The only thing the Pyro has gotten recently is a DROP in the power of the backburner (from +15% to +10%) in exchange for 4 airblasts. Even at 15% the backburner was weaker than the default flamethrower was at launch. If anything, I'd argue the pyro is slightly underpowered.

Are you using the southern hospitality? because that makes you take an extra 20% from fire damage.

More like a good example of a team not paying attention. A spy could have done the same thing just as quickly (though he probably wouldn't have gotten that last medic). Also, I should point out that if I hadn't killed Wartime the second that I did his crit sticky would've ended me instantly.

speculawyer said:
Don't put your sentries around a corner where it's easy for a pyro to get to. Pyros can't really do anything to sentries unless they both come from behind AND get close.

ArtistDude88 said:
I still use the default flamethrower. Too cool for
less air blasts
!
i prefer the degreaser over everything still, but I'm like 40,000 away from the pyromancer achievement, so I'm using the backburner until I get it.

webrunner

man.. the views on my videos haven't gone up at all from the contest voting.. i wonder if they didn't actually get submitted properly or if there's just that many videos?

Yeef

Chinner said:
my video has over a 100 hits but i have no achievement! help i need that achievement!!
Have you linked your Steam account to a youtube account?

I don't think that really makes a difference since I got the achievement before I did, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Chinner

Banned
Yeef said:
Have you linked your Steam account to a youtube account?

I don't think that really makes a difference since I got the achievement before I did, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
how does one do that???

Yeef

Chinner said:
how does one do that???
In your steam account go to community and you should see a link for 'videos' on the right hand side under 'screenshots'. Click it. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom