• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I just started playing TF 2 last week. I'm lonely.

IWYJol.jpg

foreveralone.jpg

I'm going to post this in the general steam thread also. I don't want to be alone anymore :)

Proven

esc said:
Since when do heavy minigun bullets push you back? Am I just retarded or is this a new change?
Everything that causes damage in this game also produces a force, the most well known being Sentry knockback. The best part is that a force will be produced even if damage is blocked for whatever reason. In the first or second 6v9 Comp vs. Pubbers game, there was a round on Badwater where the Comp team tried to jump on the Pub team around the second point. They ubered a Soldier from the roof as they fell, and the Pub Heavy aimed upwards and shot him so much in the air that he pushed the Soldier all the way back to the roof, wasting the uber. The VOD is out there somewhere...

The force is generally inconsistent unless you have great aim or great ping, both things that Sentries excel at.

RbBrdMan said:
I just started playing TF 2 last week. I'm lonely.

http://i.imgur.com/IWYJol.jpg[IMG]

foreveralone.jpg

I'm going to post this in the general steam thread also. I don't want to be alone anymore :)[/QUOTE]
Stop whining and jump on the GAF server tonight. I might be playing tonight as well.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Proven said:
Stop whining and jump on the GAF server tonight. I might be playing tonight as well.

Is it 216.6.224.225:27015 ?

I saw that in post 3 of this thread. When I try to connect to it or add it to favorites shows "Server Not Responding"

I do have Neogaf Janky Ass server 3.0 in my favorites list. Is that the right one? Can't play tonight but I'll be playing some on Saturday.

Proven

RbBrdMan said:

I saw that in post 3 of this thread. When I try to connect to it or add it to favorites shows "Server Not Responding"

I do have Neogaf Janky Ass server 3.0 in my favorites list. Is that the right one? Can't play tonight but I'll be playing some on Saturday.
Here you go: tf2.langui.sh

You can use either find server or (I think) just type "connect: tf2.langui.sh" into the console. Jump on it when you have the time, add it to your favorites, and then profit later.

Ketch

EasyTGT said:
Did everything as described, and I no longer crash at start up, but still crash when trying to connect to a server.... =(

Edit: Worse still, now it crashes everytime I try to connect to any server, instead of just sometimes on some servers.

So I turned down my AA and Anistropic filtering (or whatever) and now it all works fine... I used to be able to run it all at max though. I want to mess with the settings some more, but it's just a pain in the ass.

Oreoleo

RbBrdMan said:

Sorry, we were on that server for like two days. Trying to keep up but they keep switching the IP more than I can be bothered to update my post!

Yeef

Orellio said:
Sorry, we were on that server for like two days. Trying to keep up but they keep switching the IP more than I can be bothered to update my post!
It's the same address it's always been, just with a new port number. tf2.langui.sh:27016. Maybe I'll try to see if we can get it changed back to the default port.

Wow, this last update broke the HUD and some models too. The uber shows two colors for the medic and the one getting the uber, When reloading the revolver sometimes it gets stuck in the reloading animation (inserting the bullets), I get some white thing on my health when I cloak and for some reason, I was getting metal out of nowhere (probably server related though).

Edit: And I got this weird "stuckness" that happens every 30 minutes, I just get stuck while everyone keeps playing for 5-10 seconds. I died a few times because of it.

Oreoleo

Yeef said:
It's the same address it's always been, just with a new port number. tf2.langui.sh:27016. Maybe I'll try to see if we can get it changed back to the default port.

The last time I edited my post before today the tf2.langui.sh wasn't forwarding to the new server properly, IIRC. I'll edit it again and throw in the banner as well.

Edit: If it does change back maybe PM me so I can update my post, there's a chance I could miss it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
balladofwindfishes said:
And as of a half hour ago, the Saxxy's are officially closed
Oh, your right, I didn't catch that it was GMT that it ended, thought it was PST. Oh well, my crappy entries were entered. Hopefully we get some token item for submitting something.

Also, when the hell do we get the Highlander Badge?

Baha

balladofwindfishes said:
And as of a half hour ago, the Saxxy's are officially closed

We probably won't see a substantial blog post/update until they finish watching and selecting the winners for the Saxxy Awards. I'd be surprised if they released Meet the Medic before then.

Drkirby said:
Oh, your right, I didn't catch that it was GMT that it ended, thought it was PST. Oh well, my crappy entries were entered. Hopefully we get some token item for submitting something.

Also, when the hell do we get the Highlander Badge?

What Highlander badge?

Cool, a popularity contest. There goes any chance of winning. They've probably already cut down the entries, though. I'm not sure how they'd handle it, otherwise.

Baha

Kulock said:
Cool, a popularity contest. There goes any chance of winning.

They did this last time didn't they? As long as they regulate voting so no one cheats, I'm fine with this method.

Baha

Voting page is up! Good luck everyone who submitted.

Oh cool, this is an interesting method for voting, it's basically a hot or not situation where 2 vids are paired in a category (randomly I'd imagine) and you vote for which you liked better of the two.

Forkball

Voting page is up. Apparently you are just shown two videos of a category, and you vote on which one you like best. The first matchup was a soldier video vs. Rebecca Black's Friday.

Oh Valve, you so crazy.

Baha

Ok I know they said only to flag videos that aren't tf2 related or don't fit their category as ineligible but when your entry is 3 minutes long, I'm hitting that flag button.

Refreshed a few times and I think literally more than half of the entries are draft-quality 5-minute long bad frag videos or just random non-TF2 YouTubes.

Shambles

Someone needs to keep the damn IP/Addy up to date in the OP or group page. Jesus every time i try to join a GAF game i forget that those servers are useless and i go through the same routine and remember by the end I need to stop doing that.

Shambles said:
Someone needs to keep the damn IP/Addy up to date in the OP or group page. Jesus every time i try to join a GAF game i forget that those servers are useless and i go through the same routine and remember by the end I need to stop doing that.
Orellio updated his post, is on the first page.

Kuro Madoushi said:
join on a friend? join the gaf group and get announcements? Honestly, guys, it's not rocket science...
Yup, that's how I do it. I've never once needed the IP. I always seem to join through Artist since he's always on the top in my list.

AND OMG AT THE JANK. I was shooting around me initially because I thought there was a Spy, but it got progressively worse, holy shit.

commissar

Grimm Fandango said:
I think it's the slot "taken" up by replay, no?
replay slot is always there and it broadcast as "taken".
I've also sometimes had an issue with some servers where the slots aren't updated to fit the actual number of people playing, so you can only join to be told it's full. As the full flag doesn't come through you can't set to auto-join.

Don't know why it happens, but that bug has been around forever.

I thought about this method too, but I didn't think they'd really get enough votes to get clear winners in a reasonable amount of time. They probably know better, though.

And yeah, first a 3+ minute frag video, then Friday. Are we getting these all in the same order?

Edit: So many Demo entries already. Aerial Kill with "pilled them in the air," then I go to the Fail category and it's "blew myself up on my own stickies."

Ketch

Thanks for the Safe n' Sounds Borg... they helped me block out the sounds of blue's pathetic girly cries for help on the first stage of frontier.

Also, I can't remember who traded me the description tag, but I used it on my Black Box. "Face own'n - Life stolen"

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Baha said:
Ok I know they said only to flag videos that aren't tf2 related or don't fit their category as ineligible but when your entry is 3 minutes long, I'm hitting that flag button.
I am also going to do it for anything with copyrighted music. And clearly not rendered in the replay editor.

So far these all suck. My crappy video of a solider killing him self likely has a decent chance of ranking high. I can see why Francis the Talking France didn't want to do this.

Inkwell

Banned
I can't even see the videos to vote. Stupid page says I have to log in. So I log in and then get the same message that I need to be logged in to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom