• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkwell

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
So far my video only has 5 hits from teamfortress.com

:S
I still don't see teamfortress.com listed under my statistics, even though my view count has gone up somewhere between 20-30 views since the voting started. I decided to use my Doug Welder's Aerial Hijinks video for best mid-air kill or whatever the category's name is.

Chinner

Banned
Yeef said:
In your steam account go to community and you should see a link for 'videos' on the right hand side under 'screenshots'. Click it. Everything else is pretty straight forward.
already was, but doesnt want to work anyway

Chinner said:
already was, but doesnt want to work anyway
You have to go to the replay menu, X saved movie>view on youtube to get achievement.

Edit: GG's server always end up on the first stage of any payload map and cp5 the time always runs out too.

Ketch

I haven't linked my youtube to steam and the views on my Java killing video have more then doubled since the contest started... not quite to 100 yet, but soon.

Chinner

Banned
Sgt.Pepper said:
You have to go to the replay menu, X saved movie>view on youtube to get achievement.

Edit: GG's server always end up on the first stage of any payload map and cp5 the time always runs out too.
figured it out. for some reason the main video isn't included in the views section ;/

Baha

Only 5 views from teamfortress.com for my video so far, I really hope Valve starts sorting through flagged videos soon so that the playlist is trimmed down to videos that deserve consideration.

15 for one, 17 for the other, but both were submitted to two different categories each. (Which the Saxxy FAQ said we were allowed to do.)

It'd be nice if there was some way of knowing how your videos are doing, but that would probably be too much overhead for them. And I'm sure depress a lot of people.

Yeef

No hits from teamfortress.com

I can't help but wonder how many people, like me, decided not to bother after realizing how crappy 98% of the videos are.

My TF2-playing laptop is back and good as new again! Hopefully I'll be able to start playing TF2 again once I'm done applying for summer jobs...

My new PC is suppose to come on Wednesday, so if there's an update on Thursday, I will be happy since I'll be able to actually enjoy it instead of playing with single digits fps right now.

corn_fest

Drkirby said:
I can't connect to the server, weeee.

Edit: I can't connect to any server, yippy.
That's how it is for me, except all the time. The master server list brings down my entire network, so I can only use favorites or join friends.
I should buy a better router :U

Yasae

Banned
speculawyer said:
The Pyro is over-powered right now. My engie pretty much dies instantly on being touched with flame even when it is from the front.

And that is a good example of the Pyro being overpowered.
Oh no it's not. You'll remember when they can could take out sentries alone with a decent open vector, due to the substantial damage ramp up; taking on heavies mano-a-mano. They were a force to be reckoned with.

Now it's burning an enemy for seconds on end, hoping you get a back crit @60 DPS because the angle of attack is so small. The spy gets free reign on backs - hit a shoulder, leg, ankle whatever. As long as its sort of close it counts. Now you strafe constantly as a pyro, hoping to clip through heavy guns so as not to get hit, because you're dead against almost any class as soon as they get a shot.

The points balance is still good because of the homewrecker, airblast defenses, and by and large blowing people out. The damage output is a shadow of its former self, however.

Oreoleo

19 & 21 said:
Man, all voice makes me play terribly. Finally disabled voice all together and managed to get a decent sniping game going. Stop distracting me, fuckers.

Wow, and here I was thinking the mic spam was on the light side tonight. Guess it's just something I'm used to.

Yeef

Finished the Pyromancer tonight which means I'm done with Pyro achievements. Maybe I'll play some arena servers one of these days to try and get that one scout achievement.

Proven

Remember the update a couple months ago lowering the damage of the flamethowers while also adding the ability for the flare gun to minicrit or crit on burning targets? They even made a blog post about their experimentations.

Shortly after that, someone posted a video on youtube showing that every class with just their primary weapon, except for Sniper and Medic, can out damage a Pyro using the regular flamethrower at pointblank range. Yes, even the Engie's basic shotgun. Yes, even a Spy and the default revolver.

The backburner getting airblast functionality, and the flare gun's change to always full crit on burning enemies from any range, are the only things that keep me from weeping for the Pyro every night.

Orellio said:
Wow, and here I was thinking the mic spam was on the light side tonight. Guess it's just something I'm used to.

It's weird. On GAF I have no problem having voice chat on and listening to everyone's spam.

But any other server with mic spam, it's annoying as hell to me.

:s

Also, grats on Pyromancer, Yeef!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proven said:
Remember the update a couple months ago lowering the damage of the flamethowers while also adding the ability for the flare gun to minicrit or crit on burning targets? They even made a blog post about their experimentations.

Shortly after that, someone posted a video on youtube showing that every class with just their primary weapon, except for Sniper and Medic, can out damage a Pyro using the regular flamethrower at pointblank range. Yes, even the Engie's basic shotgun. Yes, even a Spy and the default revolver.

The backburner getting airblast functionality, and the flare gun's change to always full crit on burning enemies from any range, are the only things that keep me from weeping for the Pyro every night.

Shotgun requires a modicum of skill and a sense of aim.

Pyro is spray and n00b.

I still think every good team needs a pyro for utility purposes (spy check, put out fires, repair, etc etc), but if you're going for pure offense, solly and demo are so much better.

Twig

Banned
19 & 21 said:
Man, all voice makes me play terribly. Finally disabled voice all together and managed to get a decent sniping game going. Stop distracting me, fuckers.
Go play somewhere else. All talk is why the GAF server isn't terrible! U;

Map voting is why it is terrible.

Pyro's needing nerfs? Right now the only thing weaker than the Pyro is the Civilian. And that technically depends on the type of Civilian.

I meant this as a joke, but then I remembered the Degreaser...

I know they're moving away from "No Crits" restrictions as a balancing tool, but I think the KGB should have the restriction added anyway. Too many times one lucky swing clocks me or someone else for full health, and then the Heavy is a murder machine. Most other "Get Crits for X" weapons don't have random crits.

Chinner

Banned
Proven said:

Aha! I didn't know this, but when I played Pyro a month ago I knew he was weaker.

Ketch

Twig said:
Go play somewhere else. All talk is why the GAF server isn't terrible! U;

Map voting is why it is terrible.

I agree! We should just go back to a map rotation, so much simpler and the 2 round limit kept it fresh. Also, everyone needs to stop voting for scramble. Take it like a man, MAGGOTS!

Yeef said:
I still don't understand how this happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgifDUu2V0s&hd=1
I don't get it?

People bitch about map voting and playing the same maps over and over.

People bitch when there is no map voting when we're playing maps nobody likes.

People stay when we play the maps that people like (AKA, the ones getting voted for over and over).

People leave when maps they hate come up.

I think map voting wins.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
ArtistDude88 said:
People leave when maps they hate come up.

And even then when a map comes up that they like they still QQ and quit when their team doesn't cap the first point on Badwater.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ArtistDude88 said:
I had a rough night that night :(

Fuck playing Engy! If my team needs a teleporter or some shit, fuck you, I'm not doing it ever again.

Since I play engie a lot, I try to upgrade other engie's teles as well. People just like complainin'.

I still think you should give trolling engie aka gunslinger engie a try. Nothing like seeing a n00b get hesitant when i plop down a baby sentry and they're trying to decide to shoot me, the sentry, or run away.

Also can't help it if I leave when a map comes up, I got lots of friends on different servers asking me to join them. That AND KOTH, PLR, and some CP maps are just plain terribad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom