• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
esc said:
Play with us more often, it's honestly a non-issue. You experienced a once in a blue moon event.
It is an issue, no matter how much you deny it, and it always will be.

And, no, because I can rarely stand that fucking piece of shit game for more than ten minutes without going into a blind rage, these days. Especially with map voting. It makes the experience fifty times worse.

Also stop talking to me like I'm new to the GAF server or something. I play there almost exclusively. ):

DogWelder

Twig said:
It is an issue, no matter how much you deny it, and it always will be.

And, no, because I can rarely stand that fucking piece of shit game for more than ten minutes without going into a blind rage, these days. Especially with map voting. It makes the experience fifty times worse.

Also stop talking to me like I'm new to the GAF server or something. I play there almost exclusively. ):
I know who you are, I'm just patronizing you 'cause you're being a bigger baby than n0b.

Twig

Banned
esc said:
I know who you are, I'm just patronizing you 'cause you're being a bigger baby than n0b.
Just because I'm the only one willing to bitch doesn't mean I'm being a baby. U:

I'm frequently a whiny baby man while actually playing (because the game is awful), but right now, I'm just stating facts. DEAL WITH IT.

Javaman

How about we get warpath and castle (beta3 I think was the best... before they fucked up the last cp and made it waaay to easy to cap.) Warpath is great if you're in the mood for an extended game. It's kind of like hightower in the sense that it's hard to push past the last 2/3rds.

Twig

Banned
Javaman said:
How about we get warpath and castle (beta3 I think was the best... before they fucked up the last cp and made it waaay to easy to cap.) Warpath is great if you're in the mood for an extended game. It's kind of like hightower in the sense that it's hard to push past the last 2/3rds.
Castle is great. (The version we played way back then, anyway.)

Yeef

Javaman said:
Warpath I already have. Castle I never liked, but maybe the version I played was one of the 'bad' ones.

Also, you smell.

Yeef

Borgnine's spray is great.

4B143FBF30C71B3E447728895CA93905503E726D

Forkball

fugimax said:
Wasted Uber turns into Awesome Capture

6 kills, a few assists, and a handful of destructions ... all after the uber was over. :)
It would have been easier for you if you used the regular rocket launcher AMIRITE

Also the creator of the Team Captain hat posted an e-mail from Robin Walker that said the hat was the "highest revenue earning single hat" they have put out. I wonder what the lowest selling hat is...

fugimax

Forkball said:
It would have been easier for you if you used the regular rocket launcher AMIRITE

Also the creator of the Team Captain hat posted an e-mail from Robin Walker that said the hat was the "highest revenue earning single hat" they have put out. I wonder what the lowest selling hat is...

The potato hat? Didn't you get that for buying the potato sack? I also got the golden potato, so I got all the valve games fo' free. DEAL!

Twig

Banned
CoffeeJanitor said:
We've been moved to the community!!! Gah!!!

or have we always been here
Always.

Hazaro said:
We've been here for months.
Longer than months. TF2 thread has been in the Online/Community sub-forum literally since the game came out. Class updates and big news and whatnot always show up in the main forum, but this thread has never left.

I had fun in TF2 tonight. I think the solution to my angst is to avoid playing the game for more than a single map at a time. There was no opportunity for my rage to build up. Checking the server beforehand and avoiding fucking Hoodoo certainly didn't hurt, either! :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Twig said:
Always.

Longer than months. TF2 thread has been in the Online/Community sub-forum literally since the game came out. Class updates and big news and whatnot always show up in the main forum, but this thread has never left.

I had fun in TF2 tonight. I think the solution to my angst is to avoid playing the game for more than a single map at a time. There was no opportunity for my rage to build up. Checking the server beforehand and avoiding fucking Hoodoo certainly didn't hurt, either! :D
I meant the expansion of the community aspect and OT2, but yes.

Twig

Banned
Hazaro said:
I meant the expansion of the community aspect and OT2, but yes.
I knew you knew that, I was just explaining further. U;

I finally got around to making a dumb replay. The thing is pretty sweet, except I wish there was a slider to go back and forth in the replay, and that it didn't have to reload every time I want to rewind, and that it RECORDED MOTHERFUCKING VOICE.

Grrr.

Okay here's my awful thing. Mostly just experimenting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfmk44AuBw0 (It involved me dying.)

457C444D19277F0D31E1C9D282F948BCFCAF5484

98DABC79F04A2A17D1ADD44528FE7DBEFBBC5866

What hell happened with my loadout lol?

And let's never play Pipeline again, that map is fucking terrible.

Edit: I also can't get over how terrible I am with the Heavy, lost twice against Yeef's Soldier one-on-one.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Twig said:
No, because fuck idiots who just want to play the same maps over and over. They are the warts on TF2's ass, and deserve nothing but derision.
I like rotation better foo, most of the time after no one votes for the map I voted for, I'll just revote for which of the top 3 I like better.

Also, if rotation is done, put some of the custom maps right on it. And maybe randomize the order every 2 or 3 weeks.

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
And let's never play Pipeline again, that map is fucking terrible.

Edit: I also can't get over how terrible I am with the Heavy, lost twice against Yeef's Soldier one-on-one.
Pipeline is fine.

Also, I'm just THAT good as soldier!

(I'm mostly terrible at heavy, too. I think it's mainly because I never play him.)

Yeef said:
Pipeline is fine.

Also, I'm just THAT good as soldier!

(I'm mostly terrible at heavy, too. I think it's mainly because I never play him.)
Mainly, I just hate the third stage. It is terrible in my opinion.

I clock Heavy at 6 hours lol. I'm just trying to get most of the achievements, it is the only class I haven't gotten milestone 3.

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
Mainly, I just hate the third stage. It is terrible in my opinion.

I clock Heavy at 6 hours lol. I'm just trying to get most of the achievements, it is the only class I haven't gotten milestone 3.
Third stage is the best stage!

I got all the milestones long ago. I have all Pyro Achievement, all but Jarate chop for sniper and all but foul territory and first blood part 2 for scout. Every other class I'm missing like 4 or 5 achievements, except engineer where I'm missing basically all of the wrangler achievements because I don't like wrangling.

Baha

Yeef said:
Third stage is the best stage!

I got all the milestones long ago. I have all Pyro Achievement, all but Jarate chop for sniper and all but foul territory and first blood part 2 for scout. Every other class I'm missing like 4 or 5 achievements, except engineer where I'm missing basically all of the wrangler achievements because I don't like wrangling.

Of course it is, it's the only one that matters.

Yeef

gregor7777 said:
Something kind of clicked with me using Heavy the other day. I used to be awful, now I have my sights on mediocre. Feels good man.
I used to be decent at heavy, but then i stopped playing him once I hit the 3rd milestone. Now every time I try to play Heavy I get bored with the class after like 5 minutes and just switch to a class that's actually fun.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
So after Yeef crashed the server last night I decided to try out the new best game mode and map ever, a little something called MEDIEVAL MODE ON DEGROOT KEEP. Why do we not play this on the GAF server?! I imagine the jank would only enhance the experience. I might just play it for 5 hours straight tonight, I haven't decided yet.

Yeef said:
I used to be decent at heavy, but then i stopped playing him once I hit the 3rd milestone. Now every time I try to play Heavy I get bored with the class after like 5 minutes and just switch to a class that's actually fun.
If the Sandvich weren't so useful when our medics are mediocre, I would use the shotgun. I went once on a Heavy Rampage with the shotgun, feels good man.

Yeef

Borgnine said:
So after Yeef crashed the server last night I decided to try out the new best game mode and map ever, a little something called MEDIEVAL MODE ON DEGROOT KEEP. Why do we not play this on the GAF server?! I imagine the jank would only enhance the experience. I might just play it for 5 hours straight tonight, I haven't decided yet.
GG actually has a 24/7 degroot server. It's actually a fun map and it's over pretty quickly, so I don't mind it.

We don't play it on the GAF server because it always makes Java leave and as goes Java so goes the nation.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pipeline has some good ideas, but it feels like it should be two maps instead of one. Part 1 and 2 should be a single map with some more openings to allow for easy crossing between part 1 and 2 in the event one side get really far ahead, and part 3 should just be a map on its own.

Ceebs

Degroot is over so fast with just the 2 rounds. It takes as long to load the map as it does for us to finish those rounds.

As for heavy, I found the class is quite fun if you are always pushing forward with it. Hanging back or getting sidetracked is not near as fun.

Ceebs said:
Degroot is over so fast with just the 2 rounds. It takes as long to load the map as it does for us to finish those rounds.

As for heavy, I found the class is quite fun if you are always pushing forward with it. Hanging back or getting sidetracked is not near as fun.

Heavy on offense is fun. Heavy on D is not. IMO.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, my snipper now looks ridiculous. Oh well, at least he is unique.

snipper.png

Also, I have been stockpiling weapons for the Meat the Medic up date, so I have a bunch of dups. If you need anything, let me know, you can have anything on Page 1 and 5. Of minor note, I have a decent amount of shogun weapons:
http://tf2b.com/?id=Drkirby

Yeef

My main problem with Heavy is lack of dynamic mechanics. As far as attacking lots of classes are pretty bare bones. All a Heavy can really do is shoot. Every other class has additional mechanics that make them interesting to play. The buffalo steak sandvich stands out as the exception, but that's really more of a gimmick than a useful ability.

2fIiO.gif

(CLICK ME TO CONNECT)

oUDnZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom