• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Already got the maps, but that link is nice to know. U:

Yeef said:
Nope, but I set it up so that the last 7 maps played can't be nominated which should at least reduce the problem of playing the same 4 maps over and over.
I would agree it's an improvement, but it's not ideal. However, since you're so dead set on having the inherently flawed voting system, you should set the number even higher. Otherwise, it'll just end up being the same 7 maps over and over.

This map is too pro w+m1 pyro, fix it plz

58F6251AC74E6DE110677E5F770483A4290B3BCC

Forkball

The CP/CTF hybrid was pretty fun, but there were too many narrow corridors. It's so easy to pick off scouts on that map.

And now for some TF2 videos, all Sgt. Pepper kills edition! I didn't plan this, but my most amusing kills were against him tonight for some reason.

Chargin' Fail (with bonus Scout kill!)
Robot punch to the sky
So many bullets, so many misses (special thanks to crits)

[edit] Aww, on my punch video, for some reason it rendered it so he gets hit straight down instead of up in the air. When I killed him, it launched him up pretty high, he hit the building behind him, and then slumped to the ground. I don't like how the replays randomize the physics.

Forkball

So apparently on Monday there was a blog post, but maybe no one here knows about it because of map bitching.

http://teamfortress.com/

In summary:

Voting ends on Thursday, May 26th
Valve will pick out some finalists
Finalist voting will then happen, everybody gets one vote per category

So if I had to guess, it will take Valve one week to whittle down the nominees, then one week of finalist voting, and then a week for Valve to prepare for the winners announcement, and then finally the megaton update that was leaked a while ago. So I predict the huge update with Meet the Medic and the Saxxy award ceremony will be on June 16th.

DogWelder

dragonlife29 said:
He even said he used it, I think. For when he plays Medic.
Nah that was termyte, but he was just kidding. This Bunny moron even asked if there were any admins in the server and when Yeef replied yes, he still decided it would be a good idea to be an aimbot sniper

Yeef

dragonlife29 said:
He even said he used it, I think. For when he plays Medic.
No, he was the guy asking if there were an admins around then I said "we're all admins." He probably thought I was joking and then turned on his aimbot then.

Also, I found out something useful: when you download a replay it downloads the entire demo file and saves it to tf/replay/client/replays, so you can re-watch the entire match. It even saves text chat (but not voice chat ;u).

Baha

esc said:
Nah that was termyte, but he was just kidding. This Bunny moron even asked if there were any admins in the server and when Yeef replied yes, he still decided it would be a good idea to be an aimbot sniper

That would explain some things that happened between me & him on that 5 cp custom map we played before 2fort.

Yeef said:
No, he was the guy asking if there were an admins around then I said "we're all admins." He probably thought I was joking and then turned on his aimbot then.

Also, I found out something useful: when you download a replay it downloads the entire demo file and saves it to tf/replay/client/replays, so you can re-watch the entire match. It even saves text chat (but not voice chat ;u).

Actually there is a way, the same method for when you record regular demos. You need to type voice_loopback 1 in console. This will enable the recording of voice chat in demos and replays. The only downside is that whenever you talk you will hear your echo which can be distracting if you're talking a lot.

Yeef

Baha said:
Actually there is a way, the same method for when you record regular demos. You need to type voice_loopback 1 in console. This will enable the recording of voice chat in demos and replays. The only downside is that whenever you talk you will hear your echo which can be distracting if you're talking a lot.
No, no, the issue is that replay demos don't record voice at all. Remember, they're recorded from the point of view of the replay bot, who doesn't talk anyway, so the voice_loopback thing isn't an issue.

The other thing I noticed is that loading up the demos is that since it's from the point of view of the replay bot the camera is in a fixed position the entire map. Unlike a normal demo, drive only lets you look around, you can't actually move the camera elsewhere. Even setting cam_command on doesn't work.

Ceebs

Need more announcements when you guys are playing so I know to join in!

Also the 25 min 5CP time limit should reduce the complaining when the game gets into a back and forth at point where it keeps adding time.

Weenerz

Banned
Yea that was me trying to message Yeef about Bunny last night. Guy was so obvious while being a heavy on that Donkey Kong map, then he went sniper.

Forkball said:
The CP/CTF hybrid was pretty fun, but there were too many narrow corridors. It's so easy to pick off scouts on that map.

And now for some TF2 videos, all Sgt. Pepper kills edition! I didn't plan this, but my most amusing kills were against him tonight for some reason.

Chargin' Fail (with bonus Scout kill!)
Robot punch to the sky
So many bullets, so many misses (special thanks to crits)

[edit] Aww, on my punch video, for some reason it rendered it so he gets hit straight down instead of up in the air. When I killed him, it launched him up pretty high, he hit the building behind him, and then slumped to the ground. I don't like how the replays randomize the physics.
About that spy vs engineer video, I forgot to turn off auto reload (for Soldier/Demo) and the reload animation distracts me a lot with the revolver.
Edit: Oh and dirty crits in the end, you can see the blue shots that killed me. =(

No excuses about the punch video though. lol

Yeef

Fixed some issues from last night:

• ctf cap limit should actually be set to 5 now, also since ctf is only 1 round voting for next map happens at the very beginning of the match.
  • degroot keep should have 5 rounds now; I had made a typo in the file name, which was why it didn't work last night.

Forkball

Update:

Source Engine:
Fixed a client crash when disconnecting from servers with sv_pure set to 1
Fixed a client crash in the material system
Fixed a client crash caused by using alt-tab while playing

TF2:
Added the Concheror and the Fishcake to the list of weapons allowed in Medieval mode
Fixed a few server crashes caused by the replay system
Fixed a server crash caused by the vote system
Fixed the notification text being clipped when you receive items
Updated the localization files

Oreoleo

Ceebs said:
Need more announcements when you guys are playing so I know to join in!

While more announcements aren't a bad thing, if it's around 9 EST and you want to play you might as well just hop on the server. People will join. It's like clockwork.

Yeef said:

• ctf cap limit should actually be set to 5 now, also since ctf is only 1 round voting for next map happens at the very beginning of the match.

There isn't a way to set it to begin voting after the intel gets capped once or twice? CTF is already bad, knowing we'd have to play 2fort without being able to nominate the next map makes it even worse :(

Twig

Banned
Yeef said:

This isn't a problem without map voting!

Dohruhduohorhur.

Yeef

Orellio said:
There isn't a way to set it to begin voting after the intel gets capped once or twice? CTF is already bad, knowing we'd have to play 2fort without being able to nominate the next map makes it even worse :(
I can set it to go off at a specific time into the match (five minutes, for example), but then you have the issue with the vote potentially getting you kill because you try to swtich weapons just as a vote comes up.

Actually, that sound skind of amusing, so I'll do it.

Twig said:
This isn't a problem without map voting!

Dohruhduohorhur.
huehuehuehuehue

Oreoleo

Yeef said:
I can set it to go off at a specific time into the match (five minutes, for example), but then you have the issue with the vote potentially getting you kill because you try to swtich weapons just as a vote comes up.

Actually, that sound skind of amusing, so I'll do it.

Yeah, that sounds preferable to me too, honestly. Is there a warning message like "Map vote will begin in 5 seconds" or something? Just so people know to stop trying to switch weapons with hot keys. If not, I don't think it's that big of a deal. The vote lasts long enough if you push a key in error you can always re-vote when you're dead :3

Yeef

I think on Friday during the day I'll go through all of the custom maps and see which ones make the clients crash and then either fix them or remove them*.

Or just play Witcher 2 all day.

Montresor

I'm a TOTAL Valve newbie who got popped hard fucking core in the past month by playing for the first time Portal 1, Portal 2, Half Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2 all in a short time span. I love all of those games. And I can't help but repeat out loud (to my brother's annoyance) stuff like "Welcome! Welcome to City 17" or "Oh my god, striders really tore the hell out of this place" over and over again. God bless the Orange Box's main menu. <3

I couldn't get into TF2 though. It might only be because the 360 port is shit. But I can't stand playing more than 5 minutes of it. It seems so boring. But hey, over on the PC side I read about almost daily updates, a new replay mode, and custom hats, and all of that probably mixed in with a great online community. Meanwhile on 360 you got hacked servers (though I do admit to being happy that one particular hacked server gave me every TF2 achievement lol).

DogWelder

Yeef, 3 point cp maps end after the second point has been captured. Happened on gravelshit after you left. Dunno how the winning team was determined though, seeing as how we won as Red after they had capped the second point.

Forkball said:
Artemis is so kind after you kill him.

Also, my five submitted videos for the Saxxys have 84 total views from teamfortress.com. I'm not sure if you've been voting on the site lately, but they've done a pretty good job eliminating the unrelated videos, although a few pop up every now and then.
I got this one quasi un-related video but it was hilarious. It was a much of typical 'American's home video' reels of people falling & getting hit in the nuts but with all the audio replaced with TF2 audio clips in a well-done manner. Good stuff.

DogWelder

Montresor said:
I'm a TOTAL Valve newbie who got popped hard fucking core in the past month by playing Portal 1, Portal 2, Half Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2 all in a short time span. I love all of those games. And I can't help but repeat out loud (to my brother's annoyance) stuff like "Welcome! Welcome to City 17" or "Oh my god, striders really tore the hell out of this place" over and over again. God bless the Orange Box's main menu. <3

I couldn't get into TF2 though. It might only be because the 360 port is shit. But I can't stand playing more than 5 minutes of it. It seems so boring. But hey, over on the PC side I read about almost daily updates, a new replay mode, and custom hats, and all of that probably mixed in with a great online community. On 360, there's hacked servers, and I danced when I joined one hacked server that gave me every TF2 achievement lol.
Oh God 360 version. I wouldn't be able to convince you in words how different the PC version is from the console version, it feels like a different game. You'd have to play it to see.

Yeef

esc said:
Yeef, 3 point cp maps end after the second point has been captured. Happened on gravelshit after you left. Dunno how the winning team was determined though, seeing as how we won as Red after they had capped the second point.
Yeah. It was an oversight, but it was amusing enough that I didn't bother to fix it while I was playing. Basically, the KOTH config sets the win limit to 2, but I forgot to revert it in the other config files. It was hilarious playing payload maps and having them end after the first round. Dustbowl was especially great, because it was the first map it happened on and no one was expecting it. (Also, because I hate dustbowl).

Anyway, I'll fix it now.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Forkball said:
Artemis is so kind after you kill him.

Also, my five submitted videos for the Saxxys have 84 total views from teamfortress.com. I'm not sure if you've been voting on the site lately, but they've done a pretty good job eliminating the unrelated videos, although a few pop up every now and then.
I've got 64 for the demo massacre video, 46 for the heavy one, 37 for the stupid grenade one.
Not bad I guess.

also where are our Highlander medals.

Oreoleo

Being able to play back in slow-mo would help a lot with that, I think. Having to react to the video and coordinate the camera in real time is a bit of a challenge. Hopefully it's something Valve is working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom