• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
Orellio said:
Being able to play back in slow-mo would help a lot with that, I think. Having to react to the video and coordinate the camera in real time is a bit of a challenge. Hopefully it's something Valve is working on.
Yeah, that'd be a nice addition.

Forkball

ArtistDude88 said:
Fucking LOL!

If only you could submit that!
It was even better on the saved replay because his head tilted toward the camera and not the opposite way. Still awesome no matter what. I think Clydefrog accidentally taunted after recovering from the bonk, I noticed the animation was a bit strange. When I was editing the replay I heard that line and thought it was from a different Heavy, but was shocked when I played with the angles some more and saw where it was really coming from.

And yeah, I totally would have submitted it. OH WELLZ.

Orellio said:
Being able to play back in slow-mo would help a lot with that, I think. Having to react to the video and coordinate the camera in real time is a bit of a challenge. Hopefully it's something Valve is working on.
Twig said:
Yeah, that'd be a nice addition.

Press Shift+F2.

DarkKyo

Twig said:
Further experimentation has shown me that it's damn near impossible to make good, smooth camera movements for extended periods of time. This video is almost nauseating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lotsN6ZZfhg

But I like the subject matter. For some reason, nobody could kill me (until someone did).
If you can train yourself, drawing tablets like Wacom are good for smooth camera motions. I was doing this just the other day. Mouse just sucks for it because it relies on how smooth you can make your clunky hand/arm motions.

Twig

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Press Shift+F2.
That's the old editor.

I want it integrated into the new editor.

Also, does that actually work? I don't want it to RECORD at slow speed, I just want it to playback at slow speed while I'm editing.

Twig said:
That's the old editor.

I want it integrated into the new editor.

Also, does that actually work? I don't want it to RECORD at slow speed, I just want it to playback at slow speed while I'm editing.
Yes, when you press Shift+F2 in the playback editor, it will let you manipulate the demo playback speed while you're editing. It doesn't record it at slower speed, and you have to reset it every time you rewind, but it totally lets you follow things around in slow motion.

Twig

Banned
This is how you fuckin' play a spy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNibBYeUx_0

Suck it, blue team!

EmCeeGramr said:
Yes, when you press Shift+F2 in the playback editor, it will let you manipulate the demo playback speed while you're editing. It doesn't record it at slower speed, and you have to reset it every time you rewind, but it totally lets you follow things around in slow motion.
Okay, cool. Cheers.

Oreoleo

EmCeeGramr said:
Pro-tip, nice. Thanks man.

The average pubber falls upon seeing a mighty level 3 sentry.

CAA2E0B34725999A8BF4142616D502B118506A20

I didn't really protect it much either, I wanted to get the revenge kills achievements >_>

Yasae

Banned
Hazaro said:
The better question is how a Pyro gets 80 points.
Also 300 views and 90 of them from Teamfortress. Yay!
Like 40 fucking points of blowing people out? If there's an opposing pyro around, they'll make you very point rich.

It sure as shit isn't kills...

One of my replays has 51 from Teamfortress.com, but the one I thought was weaker has 106. Maybe it's because more people voted in the Aerial Shot and Funniest categories than the Fail or Massacre categories, I suppose.

God knows why they'd want to miss out on fifty videos of people jumping in front of trains on Well.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Christ I played like shit tonight.

Was trying on coldfront, but the SpaceH3X was on us!

Top in points and the only one defending the last point...FOR SHAAAAAAAME!

Also, Artist and I found out if you pop the deadringer and get hit by a taunt, you WILL survive. I guess the only thing that can kill a DR spy is a telefrag?

Ceebs

I swear I can't win recently when trying to sit down and play this game for longer than 15 minutes. Always something that drags me away from the computer.

commissar

Does anyone know why replays don't stick around when quitting TF2?

It's basically a smaller stv file so having to make a video because it mysteriously can't save a file already downloaded is kinda annoying.

Not that I actually used it more than once cause I never play on replay servers

Yeef

commissar said:
Does anyone know why replays don't stick around when quitting TF2?

It's basically a smaller stv file so having to make a video because it mysteriously can't save a file already downloaded is kinda annoying.

Not that I actually used it more than once cause I never play on replay servers
I don't know what you are talking about, crazy bacon!

Replays stick around between sessions without having to render them. You get a warning about saving to video before quitting because updates to the client can potentially break them. To date that's only happened once as far as I know and that was when they added replays to the main game they (purposely) broke all replays in the beta.

And the GAF server is a replay server. Are you saying you've quit the GAF server? ;_;

Forkball

Whoa, my last video got over 500 hits in two days. I checked the view stats but they aren't complete yet. I posted it here and on SPUF, but someone else must have linked it. I WILL HAVE THAT CAMERA HAT.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:
Whoa, my last video got over 500 hits in two days. I checked the view stats but they aren't complete yet. I posted it here and on SPUF, but someone else must have linked it. I WILL HAVE THAT CAMERA HAT.
Well, it is an awesome video.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Borgnine said:
Assassinated!

Yeah Crushed posted my Greatest Replay In The History Of The World there, I got a good 400 hits from that. Thanks Crushed. Sitting at about 850 views right now, very close to 1000..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn8dnJogP60

Oops, I appear to have dropped the link to that video right here in the thread! How embarrassing.
Well, if Crushed is doing such things, maybe he could post my Spy chase to the benny hills theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Wi_H4DWLc

Or my fail replay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaDm2_YQlUw

commissar

Yeef said:
I don't know what you are talking about, crazy bacon!
oh. Looks like I misread it...Thanks!
Yeef said:
And the GAF server is a replay server. Are you saying you've quit the GAF server? ;_;
Not at all, I just can't play there much except on weekends this trimester. Not that I do anything worth filming in TF2, I was just curious :)

Maybe if I join the server tonight, my ping won't go all the way up to 1000 again.

(I'm Nate when I play on the server, in case you didn't know.)

I hate college apartment internet connections. =(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
SenseiJinx said:
Maybe if I join the server tonight, my ping won't go all the way up to 1000 again.

(I'm Nate when I play on the server, in case you didn't know.)

I hate college apartment internet connections. =(
Where you study? Mars Polytechnic? :p

ZoddGutts

Does HLSS not work for TF2 anymore? Stop working awhile ago.

Downloaded HJDJ but it won't work for me either. Anyone know a good guide for it?

corn_fest

ZoddGutts said:
Does HLSS not work for TF2 anymore? Stop working awhile ago.

Downloaded HJDJ but it won't work for me either. Anyone know a good guide for it?
It doesn't work with the new TF2 voice codec (as of the Hatless update).

corn_fest

ZoddGutts said:
Which would work then? I've heard people play music, they must be using something.
Well, I think there's a server variable to use the old codec, maybe it was just that? I don't think either of them work with the SILK codec...

Yeef

Neither works with the new codec. The only way to play music is to set your music player of choice to output to the microphone instead of your speakers.

commissar

Tiger uppercut said:
Just bought TF2, raring to use my astrogaming headset against you guys. What's the GAF server #?
We're gonna get sassed from the moon!

ip is on the first page or one of the banners on last few pages :)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
...my brother just hit on a brilliant strategy. You sap an Engie's teleporter entrance as a Spy, and stand on it. When he knocks off the sapper, you teleport and telefrag him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom