• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Technomancer said:
...my brother just hit on a brilliant strategy. You sap an Engie's teleporter entrance as a Spy, and stand on it. When he knocks off the sapper, you teleport and telefrag him.

As Wolf said, most Engineers know not to stand on top of teles now when knocking sappers off. To be honest, teles are almost a lost cause once a Spy starts harassing them anyway. You pretty much have to wait until they get bored of trolling the spawn before you rebuild it.

DarkKyo

snack said:
Is there a good guide/tutorial on how to become good with the replay editor?
I'm not sure but I don't think so. Just watch a good movie and look at the cuts they make. The positioning, the timing, the focus on action... Just bring those qualities to a super short film. Make sure your viewer knows whats going on with the subject at all times with interesting camera angles. Use effects like zooms sparingly. Just try out some techniques and see where it takes you. The great thing is you can load up a take(portion of a clip) you've cut and recut it completely with new angles if you wanna try again.

Edit: Also, it is important that your content actually be interesting. If it is just a replay for the hell of it and nothing too special is happening in it, then it probably won't be anything special. If you are capturing something really interesting or cool then you have something really substantial to work with.

D91BF181E6776529717644053193E2FE9A947CAC

Yeoz chillin' on the windowsill on DeGroot, traumatizing a Heavy to hide behind his fists.

Proven

I actually think that Demo riot shield looks kinda cool.

Also, heads up: I'm getting Starcraft 2 tomorrow so I may drop off the face of the GAF server harder than I usually do.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Proven said:
I actually think that Demo riot shield looks kinda cool.

Also, heads up: I'm getting Starcraft 2 tomorrow so I may drop off the face of the GAF server harder than I usually do.
Don't get mad at yourself if you feel down about SC II MP :[

I haven't played with you guys for a while, I was a few days off to another place.

And I stepped on a sharp glass yesterday. It hurts so fucking much.

The replays are getting really good now too!

Oh god, Forkball got the hat! :O

Forkball

Yup, I just got the camera hat. I posted the video on Reddit and it became pretty popular, so it bumped it up over 1,000 views. Now to wear the hat once and then never again...

Ketch

Clydefrog said:
i have 3 small videos (from the same life) of me killing ketch in awesome ways. wish i could splice all three together into one great vid :D

DAAAAAAAAMN YOUUUUUUU!

seriously... what the F was going on? I had the worst luck.

edit: You try fast forwarding between each kill? that might work

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, so now that I have a real videocard, this game runs maxed out as smooth as butter. Better performance has definitely made me better at the game. I never play sniper, because it was impossible before, but last night I used only the Huntsman and I was going like 40-5 with 20+ headshots. I would zip around a corner and nail a persons body, head first, to the wall behind him as if it were just instinct.

I'm really not that great at FPS games but I have been tearing it up in TF2 and CSS since getting this card.

Grinchy said:
Wow, so now that I have a real videocard, this game runs maxed out as smooth as butter. Better performance has definitely made me better at the game. I never play sniper, because it was impossible before, but last night I used only the Huntsman and I was going like 40-5 with 20+ headshots. I would zip around a corner and nail a persons body, head first, to the wall behind him as if it were just instinct.

I'm really not that great at FPS games but I have been tearing it up in TF2 and CSS since getting this card.
Framerate really helps. Headshotting is really easy with high FPS, was playing today in my cousin's PC and my game was much better without the damn lag/low fps.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ummm...not sure if more frames helps over better ping...

I know commisar is a monster with his high ping sniping, but I need 30 or less to be effective. Some servers here in Toronto give me 5 ping and sniping is so much easier. I'm not pro like Silencer or dbz (especially dbz...) but I can hold my own when I KNOW my shot will register because I KNOW I get headshots, but they ofyen don't register on other servers.

Still suck with huntsman though...just can't wrap head around it.

Grinchy

Banned
That's a good point about ping and it's something I've noticed too. I find that a lot of the time, I have around 10-18 ping. Earlier today I could not place a single shot and noticed my ping was in the 50s.

I keep hoping the GAF server will open up a slot soon.

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:

I know commisar is a monster with his high ping sniping, but I need 30 or less to be effective. Some servers here in Toronto give me 5 ping and sniping is so much easier. I'm not pro like Silencer or dbz (especially dbz...) but I can hold my own when I KNOW my shot will register because I KNOW I get headshots, but they ofyen don't register on other servers.

Huntsman is easy. Since it uses the projectile hit box instead of the hitscan hitbox the area for headshots is ridiculously large. Also, all classes share the same projectile hitbox, so you don't even have to adjust your aim for different classes. Just aim in the general area of the top of the hitbox and boom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx-YFFnruDs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9qwIY393e0&hd=1

commissar

Kuro Madoushi said:

I was all adjusted to the surface of my old desk and now with my new one I can't figure out my optimum mouse speed. I can't snipe no more ):

I don't want to go to 2fort again for practice D:

also happy <insert number here> birthday yeef :D

(._.)

Banned
Yeef said:
Huntsman is easy. Since it uses the projectile hit box instead of the hitscan hitbox the area for headshots is ridiculously large. Also, all classes share the same projectile hitbox, so you don't even have to adjust your aim for different classes. Just aim in the general area of the top of the hitbox and boom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx-YFFnruDs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9qwIY393e0&hd=1
Most Huntsmans fail though. I love seeing a huntsman poke in and out of a corner not getting any headshots.

I've only ever seen one good Huntsman sniper who is actually really good with the weapon. Hes probably GOAT with it and not using aimbot.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently naming myself M. Bison was good luck. I got another Team Captain by crafting.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn I'm loving this game. I did really bad when the GAF server was up, but I switched over to some other server playing Fastlane. I went something like 63-11 with 40+ headshots. The Huntsman is my new go-to weapon. I can't seem to use anything else right now.

I also loved Sheva's bow in Resident Evil 5 so maybe I have some weird thing for videogame bows.

I have tried many times to wield the mighty Huntsman, but always fail. I get a few luck sprees every now and then with it, but usually most of my points come from jarate assists and melee. Or spamming arrows down a narrow hall.

But when I equip the regular rifle, I can actually get a positive kdr :p

PS:
Inkwell and Clyde have huntsman haxxxxxxxx

DarkKyo

Showmeyamoves said:
Apparently naming myself M. Bison was good luck. I got another Team Captain by crafting.
If you haven't traded it yet I'd be willing to give you some cool stuff for it... level 1 physician's mask + level 99 fedora + stockbroker's scarf + handyman's handle + a rather festive tree.

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
I want to congratulate anyone who uses YER with the Dead Ringer. How can you play effectively with it is beyond me.
For me it really depends on the map, but if you have the full set it helps a lot.

Yeef said:
For me it really depends on the map, but if you have the full set it helps a lot.
I have the Saharan Set, it is very average in my opinion with the DR. The main problem for me is that with YER the enemy warns their team of your disguise right away, at least with the normal knife you can change your disguise at will.

Hint: That's why I don't use it much with you guys. :p

Yeef

Sgt.Pepper said:
I have the Saharan Set, it is very average in my opinion with the DR. The main problem for me is that with YER the enemy warns their team of your disguise right away, at least with the normal knife you can change your disguise at will.

The trick is to focus on killing people without mics. Failing that, try to chain stab so that by the time someone yells out "SPY HEAVY" you've already got another disguise. Now if that person also yells out "Spy Demo" you've created enough confusion that the team won't know which disguise you're using.

Of course, when I get rewarded I'll usually say "spy [class] wearing [hat]." So that doesn't work as well :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Comms work if people aren't stupid...unfortunately, people on the internet are stupid.

Was demo and med with kritz was healing me. I turn corner and see a whole shit ton of Blu. I yell 'hit it! Hit it!' Idiot doesn't. And we have to run away since I can't do enough dmg.
I tell him 'wtf!'
'I didn't know you wanted me to use it... I thought you needed to reload'
Other player on RED chimes in 'when he says hit it it means HIT IT'
I just say, 'if I wanted to reload I wouldn't have told you to goddamn hit it'

I know there's delay in transmission, but for fuck's sake...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sgt.Pepper said:
I want to congratulate anyone who uses YER with the Dead Ringer. How can you play effectively with it is beyond me.
The one thing I hate, is you really need the full set to make it work, but I don't like having the same hat as everyone else.

DarkKyo

Drkirby said:
The one thing I hate, is you really need the full set to make it work, but I don't like having the same hat as everyone else.
Now that the game has styles they should make it so that you could be able to wear just the hat or the glasses(maybe as a misc item).

Forkball

Sgt.Pepper said:

The reality is, by the time someone says "spy Heavy" or whatever, you will have already stabbed another target and taken another disguise. Or if you don't see anyone for a while, they will probably forget or assume you're dead. I've been using the SS set for a while. The DR take some getting used to, but you are at a great advantage with the silent decloak. If someone activates your DR, don't just stand around or decloak immediately. Get the hell out of there until your victim is distracted with something else. I also recommend playing SS Spy mostly on defense, since you won't have to worry about sentries as much and the attacking team will be too concerned about moving on to the next point instead of picking off individual players. It really depends on the map though. Some maps are just not Spy friendly or have enough ammo to keep your cloak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom